PDA

View Full Version : Input please. Pros and Cons for a hardcore camper to join a faction.

emcee
01-09-2013, 11:19 PM
I've done some quick search about factions and have a general idea of how they work; however, not much with respect to its impact on campers.

The income bonus is a nice touch considering my level 34 account has iph over 1.5 million. I can easily donate at minimum the difference in percentage gained back to my faction and more if it meant getting some nice stats boosts and more importantly high stat non destructible units from world domination events.

My strategy to date on this account was to stay at low alliance and therefore would not need to buy more than necessary aircraft carriers (5.4 million each) to stay more or less untouchable within my bracket. As such, all income goes back into economy building.

If I was at max alliance and saving for my level 10 oil rig I probably would have been on the radar of some gold spenders. Hence, I would be forced to buy additional expensive defense units which is counterproductive. So with this strategy in place I was able to get my oil rigs to level 10 and 9 without any losses. This was the same for both of my level 7 epp and now my level 3 and 2 ACs.

Anyways, what should I be expecting to gain experience wise from a world domination event? Does it involve active pvp on my part or can I simply not participate in that aspect but still contribute financially to my faction without gaining experience but yet reap the rewards of the event?

Also, as a faction member am I more or less forced to max alliance and have to buy units in order help the faction or at least prevent pvp loses on my account? This is quite important as diverting funds to buy units takes away from economy growth.

If any faction members or leaders can give some insight regarding the dreaded experience gain issue for campers that would be appreciated.

I can easily contribute many millions a day (I earn over 20 million every day just from my ACs and oil rigs and currently have 175+ million saved for second level 3 AC upgrade) to a faction provided its a win/win for all.

On a side, who's the top 3 factions in MW currently?

Cheers,
Churchill
UK level 34

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-09-2013, 11:22 PM
Why not open your own faction?You can grow it, or limit it, as you wish. Either way, you'll receive certain advantages, and it'll cost you nothing to open your own faction. Yes, you can be a faction (and an army of one), of just you, yourself, and your shadow.

HGF69
01-09-2013, 11:37 PM
You're not a team player IMO as you've not understood the faction fraternity so as pj says starts your own faction but I have the feeling you need and want the help of hlps to boost your stats

manbeast
01-09-2013, 11:54 PM
emcee- there are factions created for campers. mxz is the leader of the hardcore camping faction (i'm pretty sure). i'm sure he will contact you if he hasnt already

manbeast
01-09-2013, 11:57 PM
as for xp gain- nobody knows. this won't be certain until the battle for brazil takes place.

for list of top factions see this thread about first pvp tournament (only faction competition thus far):

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?43052-Faction-PVP-Leaderboard!!!

excerpt-

PIRATE UNITED NATION
SuperFaction
Rangers Elite Guild
The Over Level 180s !!
World Domination League
Ferr's Emperors
World Wide Warriors
Operating Thetans
Elite New Gunners
Marauder
[/QUOTE][/COLOR]

emcee
01-10-2013, 04:02 AM
Why not open your own faction?You can grow it, or limit it, as you wish. Either way, you'll receive certain advantages, and it'll cost you nothing to open your own faction. Yes, you can be a faction (and an army of one), of just you, yourself, and your shadow.

Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't even updated to the current version of MW as last I've read scratchers were not available.
I may try out your suggestion with a faction of two between my two camper accounts. Just need to see if the faction advantages are worthwhile vs reinvesting all income back into AC upgrades at the moment.

emcee
01-10-2013, 04:10 AM
You're not a team player IMO as you've not understood the faction fraternity so as pj says starts your own faction but I have the feeling you need and want the help of hlps to boost your stats
There are those that don't contribute much financially to a faction but they may help gathering concrete for instance. I would step in and donate my share and more to help with that front. If I don't participate in pvp then I can work out with my faction or faction leader about an appropriate level of consistent donation. I don't see how that's not benefiting the team.
I can boost my stats by buying aircraft carriers and stealth bombers but this can be delayed. I'm more interested in boosting income which I can funnel back to factions with the bonus of potentially receiving some units after events.

emcee
01-10-2013, 04:12 AM
as for xp gain- nobody knows. this won't be certain until the battle for brazil takes place.

for list of top factions see this thread about first pvp tournament (only faction competition thus far):

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?43052-Faction-PVP-Leaderboard!!!

excerpt-

PIRATE UNITED NATION
SuperFaction
Rangers Elite Guild
The Over Level 180s !!
World Domination League
Ferr's Emperors
World Wide Warriors
Operating Thetans
Elite New Gunners
Marauder
[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Thanks for the info MB.

FYV
01-10-2013, 04:27 AM
No donations required, nothing at all other than u need to have strong defense. Ally me first (code in signature) you can remove me once we've established contact.

Good luck. Fi (FYV) x

mxz
01-10-2013, 06:02 AM
Couple things - we've learned that factions have to declare themselves ready for war to participate in Battles for Brazil. Since the battles are where you gain XP there will be certain factions (like VFF Camps & Tramps) who will never do this. Because of that, members will never have to experience XP gains due to the faction, nor will they suffer losses or casualties. On the flip side, if you don't go into battle you'll never get the units.

All factions are different depending on their goals and leadership, so some (may) allow people to donate but not expect them to PVP or be online for the WD battles. Of course, during the battles you're open to attack / PVP which can hurt your faction if you're suffering losses by everyone railing on the lowest man on the totem pole. That may be an issue for some factions.

Anyway, here's a pitch I've been throwing around. We're not the strongest LLP faction, but strength is somewhat unnecessary because we're not fighting anyone. Our goals require only income :)

Here's what we're about:
We're campers. Mostly under level 30's, but some as high as mid 40's. We're sitting back, camping, doing the allergic to XP thing. We're not participating in the WD events so as not to gain XP. This means we will not receive any of the Battle for Brazil prizes (the trade off).

Our two priorities are #1: building output bonuses (just purchased the first one this week), and #2: health regen bonus for epic bosses (have the first 2 purchased, so 9%).

Only maybe 3-4 people are PVP/raiding (mostly for Anniversary Center funds). Most are min 3k/3k (I think Jhoemel is the exception) with IPH above $200k but we have a few outliers higher and lower. Everyone is either from the forum or a friend of a forumite, so a good number of names are recognizable.The positive side: no XP gains, bonuses, and good active members. The downside: no units from World Domination event. I feel like its the perfect faction for an economist who doesn't want any XP gain and has no interest in having to donate concrete (because we don't actually need it).

DragCro
01-10-2013, 06:25 AM
Thanks for the suggestion. I haven't even updated to the current version of MW as last I've read scratchers were not available.
I may try out your suggestion with a faction of two between my two camper accounts. Just need to see if the faction advantages are worthwhile vs reinvesting all income back into AC upgrades at the moment.scratchers are available on the new update,you can update it,don't worry

emcee
01-10-2013, 03:18 PM
Couple things - we've learned that factions have to declare themselves ready for war to participate in Battles for Brazil. Since the battles are where you gain XP there will be certain factions (like VFF Camps & Tramps) who will never do this. Because of that, members will never have to experience XP gains due to the faction, nor will they suffer losses or casualties. On the flip side, if you don't go into battle you'll never get the units.

All factions are different depending on their goals and leadership, so some (may) allow people to donate but not expect them to PVP or be online for the WD battles. Of course, during the battles you're open to attack / PVP which can hurt your faction if you're suffering losses by everyone railing on the lowest man on the totem pole. That may be an issue for some factions.

Anyway, here's a pitch I've been throwing around. We're not the strongest LLP faction, but strength is somewhat unnecessary because we're not fighting anyone. Our goals require only income :)
The positive side: no XP gains, bonuses, and good active members. The downside: no units from World Domination event. I feel like its the perfect faction for an economist who doesn't want any XP gain and has no interest in having to donate concrete (because we don't actually need it).

Thanks for the info mxz.

I've just upgraded my games so now have a much better idea what everyone is talking about.

I've created a faction just to see what the figures are. Not necessary chump change as just for the defense building first purchase is 6 mil.

How much of a bonus is for the first building output bonus? I need to figure out if its even worthwhile to join a faction in the first place as I'm doing quite well with AC upgrades that boosts income significantly on both accounts.

What are the donation requirements for your faction? How much have you raised in total donations so far?

My only concern with joining any factions is that eventually all faction members will change their objective. Camper factions may activate leaving some newer campers in a bad situation.

mxz
01-10-2013, 04:05 PM
How much of a bonus is for the first building output bonus? I need to figure out if its even worthwhile to join a faction in the first place as I'm doing quite well with AC upgrades that boosts income significantly on both accounts.

What are the donation requirements for your faction? How much have you raised in total donations so far?

My only concern with joining any factions is that eventually all faction members will change their objective. Camper factions may activate leaving some newer campers in a bad situation.First building output bonus is $300M. You need 12 other ones before that...rough estimate - we spent probably $600M on the 12 priors. So, between that and current donations we're probably $1B in.

We don't have formal donation requirements. The higher IPH guys typically put in $5M/day, but we're not at the point where I'm writing down everyone's donations. Most of us have gotten pretty tight, even the previous non-senior members, so there's a sort of self-shaming associated with freeloading. The donation tracking may get stricter in time, but since it's a true camper faction I'm not expecting people to log on more than maybe once a day.

As long as I'm leader it will be a camper faction that does not activate. I encourage my members that want to be more active (but maybe keep their XP gains a little lower) to join Ranger's LLP faction or Little John's -> http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?43776-LLP-Camper-Recruiting .

Part of keeping a faction/team/unit together is making sure everyone has the same goals, or has a common focus. One of the things I've been stressing to recruits is that they will not get any prizes from the World Domination or PvP tournament events. If they agree to that I know they're in the faction for the right reasons. Anyone looking to freeload for units would be sorely disappointed. :) I think I've done a pretty good job selecting only people who believe in the camping ways and don't mind the missed opportunities of being in a more active faction.

Shinazueli
01-10-2013, 04:20 PM
First building output bonus is $300M. You need 12 other ones before that...rough estimate - we spent probably $600M on the 12 priors. So, between that and current donations we're probably $1B in.

We don't have formal donation requirements. The higher IPH guys typically put in $5M/day, but we're not at the point where I'm writing down everyone's donations. Most of us have gotten pretty tight, even the previous non-senior members, so there's a sort of self-shaming associated with freeloading. The donation tracking may get stricter in time, but since it's a true camper faction I'm not expecting people to log on more than maybe once a day.

As long as I'm leader it will be a camper faction that does not activate. I encourage my members that want to be more active (but maybe keep their XP gains a little lower) to join Ranger's LLP faction or Little John's -> http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?43776-LLP-Camper-Recruiting .

Part of keeping a faction/team/unit together is making sure everyone has the same goals, or has a common focus. One of the things I've been stressing to recruits is that they will not get any prizes from the World Domination or PvP tournament events. If they agree to that I know they're in the faction for the right reasons. Anyone looking to freeload for units would be sorely disappointed. :) I think I've done a pretty good job selecting only people who believe in the camping ways and don't mind the missed opportunities of being in a more active faction.

Mxz I sent you a pm.

emcee
01-10-2013, 04:33 PM
First building output bonus is $300M. You need 12 other ones before that...rough estimate - we spent probably $600M on the 12 priors. So, between that and current donations we're probably $1B in.

Sounds good. I'll send you a pm for more details.

Sabo
01-10-2013, 05:48 PM

MHz, it sounds like you are a great leader. You almost have me wanting to start an lap so I can join you, lol!

double dan
01-10-2013, 06:11 PM
No offense to MXZ, I hope you join up with him, but I think with over 10000 factions being able to score a unit, there should be some poor faction out there that could take advantage of your monetary income, w/out the need for you to PVP.

I'd go on to state the positives and negatives of both, but MXZ did a great job of that.

Just my opinion. I would definetly not recommend starting your own faction and dumping money into upgrades that a faction you could join, has already bought.

Good luck, wish I would've been smart about the game like you, when I first started out.

V/R,

-DD

emcee
01-10-2013, 06:32 PM
I've been getting a lot of pms about this so am now getting a much better grasp on things. Was going to join mxz (level 18 will instead but not level 34) but have second thoughts now as having a second look at the rewards for world domination its too good to sit idle even for hardcore campers like myself. Basically, its like a boss event as you can't get the reward without experience gain.

So if I join a strong faction that is going for top 10 (assuming they will accept me) should I be adding alliance members in the next week or so to increase my attack/defense scores, as currently I have only 2 members for level 34 Churchill account. Should I be dumping my money into buying stealth bombers/aircraft carriers or is it best served to just donate it all to my faction (194 mil and counting as of now).

Chances are being level 34 if I do join a top tiered faction that even with a full compliment of best cash items I will be the weakest amongst the HL members in the group as I can only bring units tied to my level cap. With that said during war between two factions do I automatically become the whipping boy for the opposing force? If that is the case would the only consequence be just an abysmal decrease in my win/loss stats or do faction wars have no bearing on your profile stats?

Thanks double dan for giving me a different perspective.

Cheers

mxz
01-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Chances are being level 34 if I do join a top tiered faction that even with a full compliment of best cash items I will be the weakest amongst the HL members in the group as I can only bring units tied to my level cap. With that said during war between two factions do I automatically become the whipping boy for the opposing force? If that is the case would the only consequence be just an abysmal decrease in my win/loss stats or do faction wars have no bearing on your profile stats?That was my assumption - everyone can just rail on the low guy. So basically it comes down to the leader to analyze the tradeoff between income/concrete and the WD points basically gives away for the donations. It's a tough dynamic to predict ahead of time, for sure. Depending on the make-up of the faction it could sway battles more or less. For instance, a super faction like the Pirates, will win just about every battle handily, so they wouldn't see any adverse effects. With a strong, but not super, faction - the battles will be closer and it could mean the difference between a few wins and losses, possibly moving in/out of a certain unit bracket.