PDA

View Full Version : The perfect device to play MW is out this March..

King little fruit fly
01-07-2013, 07:44 PM
iPad mini with retina display! :p

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/5-new-apple-products-coming-this-year-214932111.html

Tuke
01-07-2013, 09:32 PM
And how many patent law suits this time? Hopfully non but scepticall about that....

BrodawgCanada
01-07-2013, 09:33 PM
iPad mini is already out

King little fruit fly
01-07-2013, 10:11 PM
iPad mini is already out

with Retina Display??

Apocalo
01-08-2013, 05:20 AM
If you read the article fruit fly you would know..plus MW doesn't have good enough graphics for "retina display". Apples dying go android!

SevenO9
01-08-2013, 05:42 AM
Apples dying ...

"There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance." (Steve Balmer in 2005)

In Q4 2011 the iPhone alone made more revenue than Microsofts in total.

The point is: "The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" (Mark Twain)

Apocalo
01-08-2013, 06:07 AM
"There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance." (Steve Balmer in 2005)

In Q4 2011 the iPhone alone made more revenue than Microsofts in total.

The point is: "The reports of my death have been greatly exaggerated" (Mark Twain)

75% of the cell phone market is android, 15% is apple, and 10% is other (I'm guessing mostly windows maybe?) Apple is dying because they are breaking pretty much every rule that Steve Jobs set before them, they had their run. Now it's going to pass

SevenO9
01-08-2013, 08:30 AM
Yes, Android has increasing market shares, but your figures are a bit off. I am not going further off topic, just finding your comment that the company with the biggest market capitalization globally is dying quite funny.

Ranger4Life
01-08-2013, 08:41 AM
75% of the cell phone market is android, 15% is apple, and 10% is other (I'm guessing mostly windows maybe?) Apple is dying because they are breaking pretty much every rule that Steve Jobs set before them, they had their run. Now it's going to pass

You're a genius! The most profitable company in the history of the world is dying and so is it's number 1 money maker!

http://www.businessinsider.com/apple-us-marketshare-2012-12

Please go troll somewhere else.

Ph4ntom Stranger
01-08-2013, 09:24 AM
I have an account on an HTC Sensation Android phone, nice screen size that I believe is bigger than an iPhone's screen.... However, I now also have an account on an iPad. iPad obviously has a much larger screen than either of the phones, but there is no comparison - iPad wins hands down in graphics & play-ability because it's better designed for it. There's only so much memory etc you can use to run a game on a smartphone. There is always a trade off somewhere. Just my .02

Apocalo
01-08-2013, 09:48 AM
You're a genius! The most profitable company in the history of the world is dying and so is it's number 1 money maker!

Apple is the richest company in the world not the most profitable, most likely because they don't spend that much. Exxon Mobil made 1.5x the profits that apple made. Get your facts straight. Apple is also facing a decline in customer loyalty as customs are changing brands. They are also suing everyone they can which was a big thing that Steve Jobs said they should never do, which is making them look like ass holes and are losing respect from other companies. Google is the 18th most profitable company in 2012, and they don't make ANYTHING from android, think how much they would make if they did. Instead they give it out for free. Good guy google.

Arizona
01-08-2013, 09:58 AM

That's interesting data on the smartphone market. Apple may be the company with the biggest market cap in history, but it has some serious rivals in the Android market.
It's always easy to cherry pick statistics to promote your POV, but the crucial data point is how much of a lead Android has over Apple in the far east. That's the market companies are fighting for. Forget that in the west Apple is the dominant player, the prized market is China. In the west we're accustomed to thinking everything is Apple. It might be arrogant to think Apple are going to dominate the smartphone market, when the potential for new users is a billion Chinese without smartphones and Samsung with a dominant position in the orient.
I'm not biased toward any product. I just hope there's no monopoly on smartphones; that way we the customer get the best deal in the long run.

Apocalo
01-08-2013, 10:02 AM
Do the research, 75% of smartphone shipments in the world in third quarter of sales were android, whereabouts 15% was apple.

Tuke
01-08-2013, 10:23 AM

When and how will they start paying the money to other companys? Mean all fearness that money belongs to who invent things, not who steals it. That thing all can agree with...

SevenO9
01-08-2013, 10:26 AM
Do the research, 75% of smartphone shipments in the world in third quarter of sales were android, whereabouts 15% was apple.

Your figures are slightly off but the trend is clear so I agree with you. Deriving from that that Apple is dying is hilarious.

I have no bias. My company is doing good business with Apple and Google as well as lot of other IT firms. Believe me, none of those are 'good guys'. For the customer it is great to have competition. An oligopoly is a bad thing, regardless of industry, regardless who is the oligarch.

Ranger4Life
01-08-2013, 10:48 AM
Apple is the richest company in the world not the most profitable, most likely because they don't spend that much. Exxon Mobil made 1.5x the profits that apple made. Get your facts straight. Apple is also facing a decline in customer loyalty as customs are changing brands. They are also suing everyone they can which was a big thing that Steve Jobs said they should never do, which is making them look like ass holes and are losing respect from other companies. Google is the 18th most profitable company in 2012, and they don't make ANYTHING from android, think how much they would make if they did. Instead they give it out for free. Good guy google.

Sorry, you are correct, Apple is the worth the most and not the most profitable (even though most speculate that Apple's last quarter will be the most profitable quarter in history).

The difference in Apple and Android is very simple. Apple makes a complete phone. Android is only an operating system. Google is an awesome company without a doubt, but how did their ventures in phones and tv's turn out? Apple is a US based and operated company so of course it will be more difficult for them to conquer over seas market share, but they are growing in more countries than not.

Sandukan
01-08-2013, 10:55 AM
Who needs retina display for a small device?
Can't even see the real relevance of 1080 under a 42 inch screen.

Buy a Google Nexus. Nice small device.

Apocalo
01-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Sorry, you are correct, Apple is the worth the most and not the most profitable (even though most speculate that Apple's last quarter will be the most profitable quarter in history).

The difference in Apple and Android is very simple. Apple makes a complete phone. Android is only an operating system. Google is an awesome company without a doubt, but how did their ventures in phones and tv's turn out? Apple is a US based and operated company so of course it will be more difficult for them to conquer over seas market share, but they are growing in more countries than not.

Going off that I guess on which is better, are we talking about Apple Vs. Google, Iphones Vs. (Insert android OS phone(s)), or iOS vs. Android. I believe that Google is a better company and that android is better then iOS, but I know that iPhones are better then most android phones. But I still believe that the best android run phone (nexus 4 or SGIII) are better then the iPhone 5. I also believe that apple will be going down, yes it has a ton of money which will easily help that last for ages, but the iPhone 5 just isnt groundbreaking like it should be. And people have noticed that, which is why they are losing customers. No doubt it will be the most profitable quarter, everyone expected the iPhone 5 to be awesome so they all wanted it asap, and (I could be wrong) I'm guessing the iPhone 5 is the most expensive iPhone as well which will make profit go up even more. Unless the next iPhone does something truly revolutionary I can easily see people not getting that excited over the next release.

Apocalo
01-08-2013, 11:15 AM
(Oh thought I'd just say, I own the Nexus 4, Nexus 7 tablet, and have owned a few other android phones as well as iphones.)

Ranger4Life
01-08-2013, 12:18 PM
The iPhone 5 is significantly better than the 4S. There is absolutely no comparison, and haven't read anything that contradicts that statement. And NO, it isn't more expensive. They were actually able to make more money on the 5 than they did on the 4 or 4S.

iPhone 5 isn't groundbreaking in regards to other Android devices, but it doesn't necessarily need to be. Would it be nice? Of course, but Apple can't release a revolutionary new device every single year. If they can keep their customers happy (something that Android hasn't done), then they will continue to be profitable.

It's highly doubtful that Apple will ever be even at 30% of the world market share in phones, but that is not their goal. One of the biggest contributing factors to Apple's success is the aura of exclusivity that you get from owning an Apple product.

I would also like to apologize for calling you a troll in my original post. It's obvious that you are stating your real opinion as am I.

Warfiend
01-08-2013, 12:42 PM
There is big difference between Apple and Google's business models. Apple's users are its customers. Google's users are its product. That's far more disturbing to me than aggressive patent litigation, but we all have different priorities I guess.

stuartb
01-08-2013, 12:50 PM
It's highly doubtful that Apple will ever be even at 30% of the world market share in phones, but that is not their goal. One of the biggest contributing factors to Apple's success is the aura of exclusivity that you get from owning an Apple product.

Once upon a time, that was what we said about owning IBM personal computers -- if it wasn't a PC, it wasn't worth having. Then along came the 1990s and things changed. I own both Apple and non-Apple products, and they have their good points and bad points. I love using the finger-swipe on an iPad and find myself trying to do the same thing on my computer screen. On the other hand, my iPad crashes my office email system all the time, so I have trouble using it to answer questions on weekends.

Very interesting discussion from everyone, though. I always enjoy a lively debate and this thread has certainly sparked one.

Apocalo
01-08-2013, 02:04 PM
The iPhone 5 is significantly better than the 4S. There is absolutely no comparison, and haven't read anything that contradicts that statement. And NO, it isn't more expensive. They were actually able to make more money on the 5 than they did on the 4 or 4S.

iPhone 5 isn't groundbreaking in regards to other Android devices, but it doesn't necessarily need to be. Would it be nice? Of course, but Apple can't release a revolutionary new device every single year. If they can keep their customers happy (something that Android hasn't done), then they will continue to be profitable.

I would also like to apologize for calling you a troll in my original post. It's obvious that you are stating your real opinion as am I.

Thanks for apologizing, sorry If I'm sounding like what, its just how I debate. And I completely agree with you that the iPhone 5 is better then the 4, but in my opinion (I guess someone who owns both could give the best answer) the difference between the iPhone 3 and iphone 4 was a lot bigger and the iPhone 4 just blew the 3 out of the water in everything. I don't feel the same at all with the 4 and the 5. It just feel like lots and lots of minor upgrades. When I've played with it, it still feels like an iPhone 4S, just a better version, whereabouts when the iphone 4 came out, It was awesome and I couldnt stop playing with it. I think that for the time the iPhone 4/4s is the best apple product.

I know that expecting them to release a groundbreaking device everytime is a lot to ask, but the way they advertised the iPhone 5, it seemed like it would be. Like be the leading phone for a while. Maybe that was just me. Are they keeping their customers happy? I've heard of a lot of bad things from apple users about support, whereabouts not that much from android. And personally it is a lot easier to fix android products and bugs then apple ones.

What do you mean by aura of exclusivity? Like in the world? I can see that I guess, but in the USA at least I've never felt it being exclusive to own one since they're relatively easy to get and are everywhere, just as androids are.

Oh like to say sorry for the original poster for this thread going off topic, but hopefully you find this interesting/entertaining.

Ranger4Life
01-08-2013, 02:14 PM
I have owned every iPhone and every iPad. My company sends them to me on launch day. I can tell you that the 4s was the worst upgrade, and the 5 the best.

That's why I said "aura". People relate popularity and wealth to Apple. It doesn't make it true, but that groundbreaking Apple logo appears to most. The iPhone has lost somewhat of its luster, but everyone still compares every phone out there to it and macs and iPads are by far the "hippest" thing out there.

Apocalo
01-08-2013, 02:34 PM
I was talking about 3GS ot 4, not 4 to 4s. I've owned every "flagship" android phone, aka the G-phone, nexus, nexus s, and now the nexus 4 and each time I got the next one it was like a completely new phone with everything, like it feels like a completely new and improved OS each time, although each iPhone, the OS hasn't changed much. I was using an old iPhone 3GS for a few months, and felt like just like an older version of an iphone. same OS, yes the new phones have improved bits, and added things like iMessage etc, it was still the same kind of phone. I'm also guessing that you're smarter with electronics and specs then the average iPhone user, so you may see things that are faster or better than most people who buy the products don't even notice/care about.

Ah, yes I will agree with you on that, Apple has also kept a "slickness" to their products to always make them look..upper class? Don't really know the right word but you get what I'm saying. People compare everything to the iPhone because they are common enough to do so. There are so many android phones being released now days that you can't just keep on brand to compare them to, and most people who want to compare android to android phones are more tech savy people.

Right now Apple is doing great, but I don't seem them staying great in the future. When the next "big thing" comes out in the cell phone world I can see Apple getting behind. Although I don't know when this will happen since I can't really think of what more they can do to cellphones that's completely revolutionary (like touchscreens), maybe holograms? haha.

I hope we can at least agree on that windows phones are ****.

Ranger4Life
01-08-2013, 02:45 PM
I know you were talking about the 3GS to 4. I was just stating that the 4s was the worst, and the 5 was the best.

andypandy2
01-08-2013, 03:29 PM
Apple support is the best. They sent me a free iPod touch! I play this game on a first gen iPad... They have $100 billion in the bank. And nothing to spend it on!

Speed ump
01-08-2013, 04:56 PM
Those android figures are not correct in terms of market share. Also when you compare the iPhone to the whole cellphone market, it's apples to oranges. Apple does not make, nor intend to, a basic cell phone. You must compare the smartphone figures. Smartphones as a whole are an increasing share of the cell market. Apple is slightly behind android at the moment, but that includes many different actual manufactors. So one company is selling nearly as many smartphones as all the others put together. Try to update the android system on your phone when a newer version comes out. Good luck. Beezy, there is a reason why apple is more. Also thee is no way you can compare a 250 dollar laptop which barely functional specs, and will not be functional with updated software in the not too off future. Compare like specs to like specs. Apple has never claimed to be a price leader. When someone buys a 279 dollar dishwasher in my store, they got something to fill the space, nothing more. The one who spends 999 hot a decent dishwasher, and may expect it to clean well, be quite, and last for a good number of years. Apple builds quality. You want price, you need to look elsewhere. They have had the best reliability and customer support for many years. I can attest to the difference. Dell, HP,gateway support are all complete jokes. The level of support with those companies is non existent. You do get what you pay for. I would rather pay once and have a useful device for a longer period of time, and be happier with my experience for the duration.

Apocalo
01-08-2013, 05:02 PM
You must compare the smartphone figures. Smartphones as a whole are an increasing share of the cell market. Try to update the android system on your phone when a newer version comes out. Good luck.

The figures I gave were for the overall saves of smartphones in the 3rd quarter...and I just click the button "update" and bam I get the new version. Some cases the phone can't support the new system and can't update past a certain point..but same thing for iPhones. Like I can't get iMessage on a 3g since you need 4.0+ firmware or something to get it..and with the computer cost he's making the point that if the user only uses his or her laptop to check facebook and email then you can spend very little money on a computer that can just do those two things well..

Apocalo
01-08-2013, 05:05 PM
And yes you can argue that its one company vs. many, but its still iOS vs. Android. the difference phones can really be just different models. I've never met a person that bought a phone because of the name of the company, they buy it because of the OS, price, and model (aka the look).

King little fruit fly
01-08-2013, 05:51 PM
Wow, this is turning into a debate who is better, Apple or Google, and their products. All your arguments are very interesting and valid. I almost didn't want to chime in to disturb you guys, Ranger, Apocalo and others. :D

I am not a very techie guy, but I would say I like Apple products more. Apple's stuffs are more intuitive, artistic, better designed and more appealing to the average people out there. And people actually use istuffs, I read an article not long ago that 80 to 90% uses iPad or iPhone to shop online last Christmas, while the rest uses Google Android based. Even the thieves out there are targeting the iPhone and iPad, the thieves only take the istuffs and leave the Android or Windows stuffs behind.

If Apple charges less for the iPhone, it would have a bigger slice of if not dominate the emerging markets like China and India. And Apple is starting to address this, rumor it is working on a cheaper version of iPhone. Apple never wants to segment its product lines, but with Steve Jobs gone, it is starting to differentiate its offerings. Not sure that is a good thing or not, time will tell.

King little fruit fly
01-08-2013, 05:57 PM
iPad and iPhone are artistic and classy like Sarah Brightman and Android smartphones and tablets are like Katy Perry and Carly Rae Jepson to me. Just listen to "Arabian Nights" and "Time to Say Goodbye" from Sarah Brightman, you get the idea.

albeezy
01-08-2013, 07:14 PM
with the computer cost he's making the point that if the user only uses his or her laptop to check facebook and email then you can spend very little money on a computer that can just do those two things well..

Yes this is what I was getting at.

Speed ump
01-08-2013, 08:03 PM
Wow fruit fly, your post was well thought and your info quite correct. You do have a brain. A, I'm not sure the source of those figures, but the numbers I have seen from several sources show apple just slightly behind android, and ten percent for all others. Actually you would be surprised at the people who do buy the iPhone for just the name. Studies have been done on just that subject. Yes, you are correct, the 3GS is the oldest supported phone for the current system. Do you know how old that is? There have only been a very, very( count on one hand, less a few fingers) few android phones that were able to be updated to just the next system. And some newly introduced phones are sold with already outdated ones, and cannot be upgraded. The downside to apples approach is the reason for jailbreaks. If apple dosnt like an app, too bad, you can't have it. I jail broke my iPad for a few weeks, because there was a cool program that let me run two screens at once. The iPad was buggy, kept crashing. The jailbreak was difficult, and took the help of my 13 year old. I ended up wiping it clean and restoring the original system. In the end apples way was just a better experience. After seeing the amount of work to do that. I don't get how these hackers can possibly enjoy spending the time and effort to do what they do, and end up with nothing for their efforts. I know some enjoy the challenge. Some are irate ex players. I have much better things to do with my time. Like visiting the rest of your bases.

King little fruit fly
01-08-2013, 08:49 PM
Here is the article on 88% people used iPad for White Friday shopping:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57553915-93/ipad-and-iphone-dominate-black-friday-online-shopping/#!

King little fruit fly
01-08-2013, 08:50 PM
Okay, 88% of the tablet users used iPad!!

King little fruit fly
01-08-2013, 09:17 PM
Wow fruit fly, your post was well thought and your info quite correct. You do have a brain. A, I'm not sure the source of those figures, but the numbers I have seen from several sources show apple just slightly behind android, and ten percent for all others. Actually you would be surprised at the people who do buy the iPhone for just the name. Studies have been done on just that subject. Yes, you are correct, the 3GS is the oldest supported phone for the current system. Do you know how old that is? There have only been a very, very( count on one hand, less a few fingers) few android phones that were able to be updated to just the next system. And some newly introduced phones are sold with already outdated ones, and cannot be upgraded. The downside to apples approach is the reason for jailbreaks. If apple dosnt like an app, too bad, you can't have it. I jail broke my iPad for a few weeks, because there was a cool program that let me run two screens at once. The iPad was buggy, kept crashing. The jailbreak was difficult, and took the help of my 13 year old. I ended up wiping it clean and restoring the original system. In the end apples way was just a better experience. After seeing the amount of work to do that. I don't get how these hackers can possibly enjoy spending the time and effort to do what they do, and end up with nothing for their efforts. I know some enjoy the challenge. Some are irate ex players. I have much better things to do with my time. Like visiting the rest of your bases.

Of course this little fruit fly has a large brain. Get iPad 3 or 4, it never crashes. With the amount of real cash you dish out for this game, you could get a few iPad 3 or 4 already. :p

BigBassTurd
01-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Honestly I stick with iPhones because thats what i am use too and I am glad they don't change much. Why would you want to have to learn how to use your phone all over again every time they come out with a new model? I just wish apple would save up a couple upgrades before releasing a new model. We don't need a new iPhone to come out every 6 months.

ProCision
01-09-2013, 04:20 AM
I play on my Note 2, I am not an Apple Fan at all, but if all I did was play MW I would play on an Apple device because us Android users keep getting screwed. I dont need to list all the things that Apple users get that Android users dont.