PDA

View Full Version : On CC economy and the monetary inflation

mxz
01-07-2013, 03:13 PM
It's been said that in game cash is the most useless type of currency. That holds some truth, but I also believe that's ignoring what has become an increasingly popular stat. As it becomes more and more common to see 100k stats (and even 500k for multiple players), the race to be top tier in attack has been limited to all but maybe 3-4 big spenders. The rest of us have had to find other ways to stack up against the competition.

Enter, IPH. Many regulars know Billionaire's IPH Leaderboard (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?38389-CC-IPH-Leaderboard-Which-Club-Are-You-In) is almost always on the first page or two. That much activity doesn't just happen because something is worthless.

From a gaming perspective, the accumulation of cash and maximizing the number of fights won are the two main goals of the game. The primary purpose of purchasing ATK/DEF stats was to help with the attacking and cash portion, rather than designed as a stat itself (as a high attack score does little if you don't use it). Though usually linked, many folks (including some of my favorites like TS, Nic, itz, WF and Dreno) have made a name for themselves by focusing on the first aspect of Crime City. Cash is not an accessory to buy stats, but rather a stat in and of itself to grow. Around the time I joined this forum I started keeping track of my stats on a near daily basis via screen shots and spread sheets in an attempt to gauge my progress over a period of time.

What I found was that my IPH was the stat that had the highest sustained growth. Even with inflated explosive stats, the growth of ATK/DEF was not as impressive as IPH. Since July 11th (180 days), my ATK has gained 443%, DEF 299% (with ally growth of 34%), while my IPH has grown a massive 1541% (rate of return/APY). See below.
http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q772/mxz1/CashIPHATK_zpsfb68490e.jpg

My feeling is that once people get turned onto the economy side of things - they reinvest their cash in their next upgrade, rather than purchasing new weapons. This has caused an inflationary effect in IPH's across the board. The $1M/hr club is no longer exclusive; and seems to more and more the norm for many forum regulars.

I've been an unabashed Nightclub proponent because of their ability to quickly grow. Here's a close up of my IPH over time:
http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q772/mxz1/IPHNC_effect_zps49f555a7.jpg

As you can see, the NC's are IPH needle movers. I built/upgraded in "the wrong" order due to a couple different factors, but the fact is they're the only large jumps you can see in the graph. To put some of this into perspective, here's a breakdown of my IPH and IPD (assuming 3 clean collections per day for each NC):
http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q772/mxz1/IPHIPDNC_effect_zpse0361114.jpg

This is why people with NCs tend to have ridiculously high IPHs. It also makes having a high IPH without ever having built a NC that much more impressive. My advice: if you want cash, get a Night Club. Even if you can only collect it cleanly 2 times a day, and maybe once when robbed it'll pay for itself quite quickly.

In summary, I believe the inflationary aspect of economy focus has been due to super stat players drowning out free-mid spenders. As a result, players have begun to balance themselves more - looking for high IPH's to complement their Fights Won, ATK and DEF statistics. I look forward to continue touting IPH as a statistic as it's one of the few stats that free players can compete in. That wouldn't be possible without the NC.

http://i.qkme.me/360jj2.jpg

Paulio
01-07-2013, 03:18 PM
That's an awesome analysis

Joeycool
01-07-2013, 03:50 PM
Yeah nice analysis. However in game money is undoubtably the least valuable commodity in crime city.

Income per hour is a "kudos" stat. You dont win anything by having a high income. Where as a high defence or attack will win you fights and robberies.

Ultimately a good income per hour will only get you so far.

For example with my account, there no in game money weapon that would add a single attack or defence point.

It would be nice if Funzio addressed the issue and gave some further use to in game cash.

Paulio
01-07-2013, 04:12 PM
I agree that it would be nice if Gree added more cash weapons, but I think you're missing the point mxz is making. Regardless of the use of cash, it's just a cool stat with which to compare against others'. Another example of a useless stat is the win/loss ratio. It doesn't help in any way, but it can be cool to compare it against others' win/loss ratio.

Joeycool
01-07-2013, 04:13 PM
No I get that. Thats why I described it as a "kudos" stat.

It shows how much effort a person has put into the game. It would be good if it was a bit more rewarding.

The Billionaire
01-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Yea nice analysis MXZ and you're right because I can't remember the last time I spent in game cash on a weapon. It would barely increase my stats and therefore I'd just be wasting my in game cash that gets me a lot closer to my next upgrade.

In fact i think in game cash becomes worthless in all Gree games at some point although MW has changed that. With the release of factions it gives in game cash a purpose again.

I hope there is something similar in the pipeline for CC, instead of factions it would be gangs fighting for turf. Your gang defences could be henchmen at an extortionate price lol this would give another worthless CC piece of content a purpose.

Joeycool
01-07-2013, 04:20 PM
Perhaps allow people to buy extra slots for mafia members to take into fights. (its already possible as multipliers for event weapons)

The price could be made extortionate. But at least it would give money some worth. And reward players who put all the effort into building an economy.

I know I'm going off topic a bit here. Sorry MXZ.

Sandukan
01-07-2013, 05:29 PM
Anyone who studies wealth "in game" or "the real world" knows to invest in gold.
Liquid assets suck.

mxz
01-07-2013, 10:14 PM
Perhaps allow people to buy extra slots for mafia members to take into fights. (its already possible as multipliers for event weapons)

The price could be made extortionate. But at least it would give money some worth. And reward players who put all the effort into building an economy.

I know I'm going off topic a bit here. Sorry MXZ.Oh, no worries, I was hoping this would lead into that type of discussion. There's a reason the title was slightly vague, and you hit right on it. We have this uber inflation in a small subset of users (mostly forumites) but for what? One stat?

That's great...but where do we go from here? How do we make IPH useful beyond a stat? The factions have added $$ use because of the bonuses in MW, which is awesome(for that game). Ok, what's next? What do people want to see? I'd love to see factions in CC...there'd be areas on for gangs to exist. Burn might show back up.

There's so much left to uncover, I'd love to see more ideas on how to capitalize on this but CC focused.

MQ had the limited time units (reindeer) for in game cash, MW had the Anniversary Building. So far, we (CC) haven't had anything except the NC. That's a travesty.

dragon001
01-07-2013, 10:26 PM
Nice analasis, do wish they would add more cas weapons and such.

MikeyRam
01-07-2013, 10:53 PM
Yeah nice analysis. However in game money is undoubtably the least valuable commodity in crime city.

Income per hour is a "kudos" stat. You dont win anything by having a high income. Where as a high defence or attack will win you fights and robberies.

For example with my account, there no in game money weapon that would add a single attack or defence point.

It would be nice if Funzio addressed the issue and gave some further use to in game cash.

Respectfully I have to disagree with that first part.

Income per hour is no more a "kudos" stat than fights won or attack. We all know there is no definitive way to win this game (bar one of course) so why does a high attacks won stat hold more merit than a high IPH?

The irony here as well is that winning attacks and robberies gets you cash and respect which, from what i can tell, are relatively redundant to a lot of you. Having a high IPH brings in considerably more cash which can be used to build IPH and therefore not redundant.

cooch
01-07-2013, 11:24 PM
IPH is just an ego stat for now once you get past lvl 100 or have a few hundred plus explosives. So did Funzio set this up as a 'chaser' much like the "jobs completed" goals or did they mean to make both of these stats meaningful for players?

I think the need to make real $$ via Gold forced them to minimize the return for jobs/IPH for players. It would be nice as others have said for better prizes in jobs and ability to buy better weapons or buildings. Perhaps a high cash combo with low gold purchases as well. Let's see if Gree makes some adjustment to keep folks in the game.

AK-47
01-08-2013, 02:02 AM
So you're saying that the ghastly expensive($84m!!!) jet under the vehicles tab with a defense score of 36 wouldn't gain you a single defense point? I can only imagine the gold vehicles you have bought then, or the boss farming you must have done because the best defense (non-boss) farmable car only has a def score of 27.

I think all item categories should have a high level cash option like the jet, then in-game cash would actually have another use other then just upgrading buildings.

honeybadger
01-08-2013, 04:39 AM
I would rather other players have high IPH before myself. I think it's a bad stat that should be good.

Most people want to be the best as seen by the IPH thread and occasional leaderboard events, if you gave a player a ranking/rating there is interest. I would like see IPH being used in combination with ATK, DEF, FIGHTS/ROBS and factor in level to get an overall player rating. If I go into a players profile it would be interesting to see where they rank in game at each category and overall.

Right now the only thing big IPH gets you is targetted. Would not be surprised if people where using the IPH thread as a shopping list. I need/want incentive to put attention into growing that.
Cheers

l1ster
01-08-2013, 06:23 AM
Thanks mxz, one of the much more interesting threads posted of late. Can't speak about what it's like up at the higher levels but down at the 50s the pursuit of increased IPH and the "kudos" still keep me I interested. Currently taking itzkakarot's advice and getting my frosty's to level 10 before starting the level 2 NC upgrade.

Would be nice if there were better weapons available for in game cash but the way I see it, funzio/gree have some real smart cookies working for them who know exactly what will make them the most (real!) cash and it certainly ain't going to come from letting the campers win!

fuzzy
01-08-2013, 07:16 AM
Great Read Sir!

I look forward to continue touting IPH as a statistic as it's one of the few stats that free players can compete in. That wouldn't be possible without the NC.

This is why I started a camper account just to see how high of an IPH can a Free (TapJoy) player get.

My camper is a level 35 (bosses only) 666k IPH with it's 2nd Night Club going to a Level 4 (40 hours left on upgrade).

I will never be able to compete with the stats of Attack and Defense that the gold players have but can I blow there IPH out of the water. I think I can with smart upgrades.

So you're saying that the ghastly expensive($84m!!!) jet under the vehicles tab with a defense score of 36 wouldn't gain you a single defense point?

Correct the 84 million Jet will DO NOTHING for his stats and will DO NOTHING for most Gold spenders.

Max Power
01-08-2013, 08:08 AM

I am in the same spot, but in my stance to no longer spend money on this game, I have decided it is the only stat I can pursue. There is just no way I will spend to be even competitive in the ATT/DEF arena.

So, I am a level 200 camper upgrading buildings. Whee!

duder
01-08-2013, 10:45 AM
MQ had the limited time units (reindeer) for in game cash, MW had the Anniversary Building. So far, we (CC) haven't had anything except the NC. That's a travesty.

We had that one event that one time rewarding players who collected the most with a golden defense (312/488 gun).

+1 on IPH being a stat to chase in and of itself without it being able to further ability to fight. Makes me sad... there used to be a reason to pure camp. That has been subsumed by scratching and epic bosses (though at least the bosses will eventually level you up).

TRAZ
01-08-2013, 11:09 AM
I've always liked IPH...mine as well as others...hehehe...

Hmmm...If I remember correctly it was the 1 year Anniversary Event that had 4 prizes. The Cobra Roadster was related to IPH or at least supposed collections from buildings as well as the gun posted above...everything was rather as vague as it still is when it comes to events.

Nicholost's post about event items:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?29521-CC-iOS-Event-Loot&highlight=income+event+cobra+roadster

Screenshot from the Anniversary Event:
http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b23/beckycronis/CCHD%20Anniversary/CCAnniversary-Dialog22x-1.jpg

buddylee
01-08-2013, 11:46 AM

I wouldn't say you don't win anything. I received a Golden Defense in the Pre-Gree days when they used to throw IPHers a bone for participating in contests. I believe there was a second IPH award given out for highest IPH, Post-Gree, some car I believe. But to the extent of the daily wins for the PVPers, you're right, not nearly as much.

Dudebot121256
01-08-2013, 11:52 AM
Awesome post, Mxz. Nice job.

murf
01-08-2013, 01:20 PM

I guess the point is what makes having higher attack/defense stats or better fight win/loss record more important then IPH? They are all meaningless stats that each person gives different value to.

Some players actually like completing all the goals, because that actually makes it seems like this game has a point. However, a bunch of forum regulars think this is a complete waste of time.

Again, with no real overall endgame goal, you, individually, set the value of each of these stat categories for yourself.

murf
01-08-2013, 01:22 PM
IPH is just an ego stat for now once you get past lvl 100 or have a few hundred plus explosives. So did Funzio set this up as a 'chaser' much like the "jobs completed" goals or did they mean to make both of these stats meaningful for players?

I think the need to make real $$ via Gold forced them to minimize the return for jobs/IPH for players. It would be nice as others have said for better prizes in jobs and ability to buy better weapons or buildings. Perhaps a high cash combo with low gold purchases as well. Let's see if Gree makes some adjustment to keep folks in the game.

IPH is an ego stat?!? What is a high attack/defense stat? Not ego....what is the point of either stat? Different value for different players, that's it.

procsyzarc
01-08-2013, 02:21 PM
I for one gave up with fights/robs about 5 months ago, mostly because it was just too time consuming and I had to drop a game and CC they seemed the most pointless (since there is no limit to bank and no casulties). Since then my sole focus has been increasing IPH and completing all mission ( this is very different from when i initially started when I saw IPH as pointless and my sole focus was fights/robs and boosting attack and defense)

I am now getting to the point where some of the event prizes i missed are making too much of an impact to be competitive in IPH terms in particular the 30 or 40% reduction in upgrade cost. Early on it was all about time and the cost didn't matter too much but now with pretty much evey upgrade costing over 700,000,000 makes it impossible to keep up with players who are paying 30-40% less.

Also I find it funny that CC has by far the best economy set up with new buildings all the way to L185 yet it is useless.

CC - Great buildings right up to L185, huge potential to build in game cash but cash is useless for anything other than making more cash
MW - Starts strong but suddenly slow up, final building at L60 and nothing more for the next 140 levels. 10M vault limit means only the strongest can do later upgrades which cost 100’s of millions. Cash very useful and never really becomes useless, with units like SB that would add stats to all but the biggest gold spenders and now factions.
KA – Same as MW starts very strong but building stop at L41 then nothing. In game cash in very very valuable to the point people will often buy vaults of cash over vaults of gems (gold in cc)
MQ- Nice low upgrade timer but buildings stop at L37 (from memory) then nothing. In game cash is useful, mostly people have enough cash for what they need then event like the Christmas one gave those who had built cash a huge advantage and people can still buy strong units for a high cash cost giving high value to building IPH

So overall CC is the best for building IPH but the only game where it doesn’t help with attack and defense

Joeycool
01-08-2013, 03:43 PM
Respectfully I have to disagree with that first part.

Income per hour is no more a "kudos" stat than fights won or attack. We all know there is no definitive way to win this game (bar one of course) so why does a high attacks won stat hold more merit than a high IPH?

The irony here as well is that winning attacks and robberies gets you cash and respect which, from what i can tell, are relatively redundant to a lot of you. Having a high IPH brings in considerably more cash which can be used to build IPH and therefore not redundant.

You make an interesting argument. I would agree that fights won is also a "kudos" stat. You get no benefit from it. Attack however certainly is of benefit. It will allow you to progress through the game. Beating opponents to level up etc. Completing goals such as hardcore hitman. It will help you in things such as boss events. PVP tournaments. It has a use.

I guess it depends on how you play your own individual game. For me its about moving through the levels, Beating people in fights and robberies. However when you reach level 200 its just about creating your own personal challenges and battles. Or joining a gang.

The comment about cash not being redundant at high level is (for how I like to play) unfortunately wrong. Because all you can do with the cash you make, is make more cash with it by upgrading your money buildings, to make more money to upgrade money buildings more. But there is never any use for that money. Appart from making more money. Making your IPH a stat that only really shows how much effort you have put into the game. Not who you can beat in a fight, or how strong you have made yourself.

And its really how strong your attack and defence stats are, that define how well you are doing in the game. Not IPH. Thats my opinion anyway. Maybe some could argue its a combination of all 3.

Some top players in the game, such as Lupo, dont even have any money buildings.

Joeycool
01-08-2013, 03:45 PM
So you're saying that the ghastly expensive($84m!!!) jet under the vehicles tab with a defense score of 36 wouldn't gain you a single defense point

Thats right. Not a single point in attack or defence would be gained by me purchasing any ingame cash weapon.

Ramshutu
01-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Everything is for Kudos. There is no final level, no goal, nothing to work to, no diploma and handshake. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Not wanting to sound like a nine inch nails album, but everything is equally pointless.

That's not to say it isnt entertaining!

Hero of Time
01-08-2013, 04:06 PM
Good thread, MXZ.

Joeycool
01-08-2013, 04:24 PM
Everything is for Kudos. There is no final level, no goal, nothing to work to, no diploma and handshake. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Not wanting to sound like a nine inch nails album, but everything is equally pointless.

Thats pretty well said. (money is most useless)

honeybadger
01-08-2013, 04:49 PM

What no handshake or diploma?! <Throwing hands up in the air and storming off stage>

String-Girl
01-08-2013, 09:08 PM
........ There is no final level, no goal, nothing to work to, no diploma and handshake. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Not wanting to sound like a nine inch nails album, but everything is equally pointless.

Nihilist!!!

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0118715/quotes?qt=qt0464830

mxz
01-08-2013, 11:20 PM
And its really how strong your attack and defence stats are, that define how well you are doing in the game. Not IPH. Thats my opinion anyway. Maybe some could argue its a combination of all 3.Well, attack and defense stats (in your area of competition) define how much money you've spent on the game, not how well you've played the game. I think that's why IPH has become a stat of choice. Anyone willing to spend money like it's going out of style can have great stats (ATK/DEF or even IPH) - it doesn't mean they've played the game well, or even enjoyed themselves. Free players, or even light spenders, can play the game the very best way possible and not be able to compete in ATK/DEF. So, I'd argue ATK/DEF mean absolutely nothing by their self. 100K stats without spending any $$$...that'd be impressive.

Max Power
01-09-2013, 07:20 AM
Well, attack and defense stats (in your area of competition) define how much money you've spent on the game, not how well you've played the game. I think that's why IPH has become a stat of choice. Anyone willing to spend money like it's going out of style can have great stats (ATK/DEF or even IPH) - it doesn't mean they've played the game well, or even enjoyed themselves. Free players, or even light spenders, can play the game the very best way possible and not be able to compete in ATK/DEF. So, I'd argue ATK/DEF mean absolutely nothing by their self. 100K stats without spending any $$$...that'd be impressive.

Exactly. While ATT/DEF stats are more important in how strong you are, unless you are making a mortgage payment to Gree every month, IPH is all that us non-spenders can do.

I need a new car. I figure the car payment plus extra insurance per month will cost about $400. 5 years from now do I wanna tell people the reason I am driving a crappy old Toyota with a half million miles on it is because I spent hundreds every month on an app game? I would get laughed out of wherever I was.

To me, IPH isd the only reason to play this game anymore, and I am kind of embarrassed to even admit how much I have spent so far. If it wasn't for credit cards and ego/addiction, Gree wouldn't exist, IMO.

Joeycool
01-09-2013, 11:57 AM
Well, attack and defense stats (in your area of competition) define how much money you've spent on the game, not how well you've played the game. I think that's why IPH has become a stat of choice. Anyone willing to spend money like it's going out of style can have great stats (ATK/DEF or even IPH) - it doesn't mean they've played the game well, or even enjoyed themselves. Free players, or even light spenders, can play the game the very best way possible and not be able to compete in ATK/DEF. So, I'd argue ATK/DEF mean absolutely nothing by their self. 100K stats without spending any $$$...that'd be impressive.

I agree partly with this.

However Att/def stats always "mean" something. As a major part of the game is to increase ones att / def.

However, you are right in in your point that in my area / level / banding (what ever you want to call it) of the game, att/def simply show how much real money you have spent on the game.

However a lot of work was put in by myself as a free player before I even decided to spend any gold. And for a long time I was one of the stronger free player. If you want to compete with gold spenders at high level. You simply have to buy gold.

By the way, I dont like to talk about my IPH, because I often talk about how useless cash is. But I do like to work on mine, and I completely understand the satisfaction one gets from increasing income.

mxz
01-09-2013, 01:23 PM
However Att/def stats always "mean" something. As a major part of the game is to increase ones att / def.Agreed.

However a lot of work was put in by myself as a free player before I even decided to spend any gold. And for a long time I was one of the stronger free player. I believe this is the best strategy. Unless you've played and know a bit about what you're doing its almost impossible to understand the best way to use gold. Even reading the forum can't prepare you for what your game play style will end up being (not to mention the way it changes).

The Billionaire
01-09-2013, 02:03 PM
I think another reason IPH is getting more important to some players is because free players can do well. It does not take any real money to get a kick butt IPH hood. I think more and more free players are playing and the only stat that can compete with everyone is IPH.

I totally agree with this and think its half the reason my IPH Leader board has been so successful. It allows all types of players to compete as long as their IPH is over $100K of course.

TRAZ
01-09-2013, 02:33 PM
Yep, buying gold affords a different game style, but now that I'm done spending I can get back to those level 10 NC upgrades...hehehe

Coldjoey
01-09-2013, 03:12 PM
Good read MXZ, over the months I've seen players competing over IPH, A&D and fight/robberies, like it's been said there is no end goal so we make our own, the two I've seen that are not here are most Mafia, and my favourite was a competition to see who could get the most Boxer shorts, they were free players and would report daily, at the time I just thought they were mad, but looking back I can see where they were coming from. So Bill fancy a new colum or a new table?

isshi
01-09-2013, 03:48 PM
Well, here's my thinking.
High stats is really vanity, just shows how big your wallet is. The problem is some spend what they don't have.
So what do we all gain? For me I will never write 10-0 on someone's wall anymore, I don't see the point. I will fight in a pvp event or fight and rob to win $s.
Why rob the $s ? well stating the obvious, that is used to get your buildings to a higher level something most users are trying to do.
So is iph important, I think it is because that's my goal to get all buildings to a higher level, If I did not have a goal then I would probably quit the game.
If this game lasts say another 2 years a lot of users will be able to fight and rob anyone that is because your attack will always be way better than your defence. No one is invincible, everyone can be beat in the end.
Today's winners will be tomorrow's losers.
Only a few right now have good iph with good stats, in the long term that will change if the game lasts that long.
So in a nut shell my end game is iph to get all buildings to level 10. Others may have different goals.

emcee
01-09-2013, 04:12 PM
I would disagree with regards to iph being the only thing to focus on. This game like most is about stats, your economy is only one facet. Your wins/loss and successful robberies is another facet and imo more important. If the game is all about iph then we would all be playing simcity. Your objective from day one is to get stronger either with adding mafia or getting better equips. All events are geared towards getting better stats.
Peoples take on not being able to compete is flawed to an extent. You are making the assumption that we are all forced to have a full mafia at any level, but especially in the HL where lots of the heavy gold spenders reside.
The challenge of this game is to be as strong as possible at your level and more importantly within your mafia bracket.
As such, I am not obsessed with having the highest iph for a free player. Its all about getting stronger attack and more importantly defense wise. I believe since June of last year or so I have not upgraded any money buildings other than night clubs and a few levels for upscales and have only focused on defense upgrades. I've already sold 44 odd income buildings and some at level 10 in order to make room for more defense buildings. So my take is at higher levels its about being as strong as possible within your bracket. So if that means for me having 100 mafia alliance and bringing 300 defense buildings sufficiently upgraded will prove to be a winning (subjective) combination come closer to end game then that's the key, imo. Don't assume you can't be competitive without a full mob. Iph should not be the key to this game even though my mid level account is on its second level 8 upgrade and lower level has two level 7 ncs. You can have the best of both worlds but your ultimate objective, imo, is to always improve your non income stats.

emcee
01-09-2013, 09:23 PM
A free player should never max out stats for many years. Cash bought equips yes but defense building upgrades to level 10 and max land expansions will take a very long time.

Ak Killah
01-10-2013, 05:04 AM
Still new to this game but atm my main goal is getting the highest att/def as possible then secondly increasing income per hour, something I can compete with against the heavy gold spenders.

Tbh these Gree types of games everyone knows what they are getting into, you need to invest a lot of real life money to be unstoppable, heavy gold spenders are in the top 5 percentile so will easily crush the other 95% (free and light gold spenders), this makes them feel the money was well spent (to each and there own).

Anyways I predict as time goes on as a free player I will evenly not be able to increase my stats without gold items. I'll then be left with two choices.
A. Buy gold items (including crates and scratches)
B. Concentrate on IPH.

I'll choose A, like most people and my initial goal of high att and def will become obselete

mxz
01-10-2013, 06:11 AM
Still new to this game but atm my main goal is getting the highest att/def as possible then secondly increasing income per hour, something I can compete with against the heavy gold spenders.

Tbh these Gree types of games everyone knows what they are getting into, you need to invest a lot of real life money to be unstoppable, heavy gold spenders are in the top 5 percentile so will easily crush the other 95% (free and light gold spenders)This isn't exactly true. Not only is there monetary inflation, but attack / defense inflation, too (mostly via scratchers). With low mafia counts, free players can have higher stats than gold players. It seems sort of like being the tall guy amongst dwarves, but there's no reason to think a free player couldn't play the game with clean records if they had a bit of luck.

Ak Killah
01-10-2013, 07:15 AM
This isn't exactly true. Not only is there monetary inflation, but attack / defense inflation, too (mostly via scratchers). With low mafia counts, free players can have higher stats than gold players. It seems sort of like being the tall guy amongst dwarves, but there's no reason to think a free player couldn't play the game with clean records if they had a bit of luck.
Your probably right, you have way more experience in the game than I do, but once you climb at the combat lvl and enter the shark tank (as one forum user described it) you'll have to embrace the pain of getting smashed by the heavy gold spenders. Even Emcee's camper Migs (which inspired me to start a camper) will become food for the sharks if he ever left the safety of the pond (low - mid combat lvl). This btw is no jibe because it's a very interesting way to play the game, works perfectly for me since I have a main account.

Max Power
01-10-2013, 08:08 AM
This isn't exactly true. Not only is there monetary inflation, but attack / defense inflation, too (mostly via scratchers). With low mafia counts, free players can have higher stats than gold players. It seems sort of like being the tall guy amongst dwarves, but there's no reason to think a free player couldn't play the game with clean records if they had a bit of luck.

This is about the only option for people at level 200 who refuse to spend any more real money.

mxz
01-10-2013, 08:13 AM
Burn was onto something it seems...

nopenopenope
01-10-2013, 10:14 AM
If Gree ever had another IPH event this would all be relevant...then I could see all the no-hood PvP'ers whine about it for a week. I miss that :(

Ak Killah
01-10-2013, 10:42 AM
If Gree ever had another IPH event this would all be relevant...then I could see all the no-hood PvP'ers whine about it for a week. I miss that :(Wasn't around then what exactly did it entail.

Joeycool
01-10-2013, 12:19 PM
Wasn't around then what exactly did it entail.

Basically something along the lines of the top 500 earners in the game got a limited edition item.

It was very flakey though, it didn't really specify if it was the people who collected the most money from their buildings. Or robbed the most money, or won the most in fights, or all 3 combined.

Deluxe
01-10-2013, 12:26 PM
Basically something along the lines of the top 500 earners in the game got a limited edition item.

It was very flakey though, it didn't really specify if it was the people who collected the most money from their buildings. Or robbed the most money, or won the most in fights, or all 3 combined.

I thought it was pretty specific to iph...or at least i took it that way

Joeycool
01-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Erm... I could be wrong.

There have actually been 2 events of this nature. One was stand alone. This one definitely just stated the "top earner" will win the prize.

The other one was for the anniversary event. This had 4 prizes. One for most fights, one for most robberies, and I cant remember the other 2. One was possibly highest IPH. Possibly most jobs done too.

Max Power
01-10-2013, 01:56 PM
Erm... I could be wrong.

There have actually been 2 events of this nature. One was stand alone. This one definitely just stated the "top earner" will win the prize.

The other one was for the anniversary event. This had 4 prizes. One for most fights, one for most robberies, and I cant remember the other 2. One was possibly highest IPH. Possibly most jobs done too.

One of those was for most money collected, and the prize was a car that looked like a cobra. Even though I was a top ten earner here, I got robbed a lot during that period, so I didn't get any prizes. Since they never posted a leader-board, I am actually assuming that they even gave away the prize. Many top earners here didn't get it.

bru747
01-10-2013, 04:39 PM
Whether or not, iph should hold the same weight as att/rob is a moot point only because neither one earns a prize in and of themselves. That being said, to win some of the events in the Funzio/Gree era, you needed all 3 to be competitive. A lot of the Gree events have called for the top 10 fighters. There have been events related to the players with the most robberies or greatest income generated from robberies in a specific time period. I also remember two events under Funzio (I think) that looked at income earned and generated. Now, for higher level players, it would be great if Gree would make available cash and RESPECT items with higher stats. I do not believe RESPECT has been discussed in this thread. It almost seems that the game was designed for us to go at it and try to reach level 200. Once you reached that milestone, you were almost expected to move on to another game because at this point the game is broken unless you develop your own goals. There was some discusssion at one time to make a CC2 for higher level players. I have not heard that in a while. Please join in writing to support and asking for better items. I have written to them many times and the answer is " I will pass it on to our engineers." If we all do it, then it most ceetainly will be considered. Not saying they will do anything but they would have to consider it. :cool:

Joeycool
01-10-2013, 05:10 PM
It almost seems that the game was designed for us to go at it and try to reach level 200. Once you reached that milestone, you were almost expected to move on to another game because at this point the game is broken unless you develop your own goals.

This is an excellent point actually.

TRAZ
01-10-2013, 06:37 PM
Post # 19 of this thread had the info about past events.