PDA

View Full Version : Remove all funds and upgrades from Factions w/ Hackers and Cheaters

Poopenshire
01-07-2013, 12:13 PM
We should not even pretend to hide the fact multiple players have been banned and removed in the last few weeks for multiple hacks and cheats. As well these players have been party to multiple factions. Gree should remove not only the funds donated by these accounts but all the upgrades that were purchased becuase of the illegal funds.

The best method or suggestion I have is remove all upgrades and refund the legitmate cash only to the faction to purchase upgrades over, with the hacker and cheater funds removed.

If you have suggestions please post them.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-07-2013, 12:19 PM
We should not even pretend to hide the fact multiple players have been banned and removed in the last few weeks for multiple hacks and cheats. As well these players have been party to multiple factions. Gree should remove not only the funds donated by these accounts but all the upgrades that were purchased becuase of the illegal funds.

The best method or suggestion I have is remove all upgrades and refund the legitmate cash only to the faction to purchase upgrades over, with the hacker and cheater funds removed.

If you have suggestions please post them.

What an excellent idea, Poopenshire.

It is fair, reasonable, and sound.

It doesn't punish, only rectifies.

That said, I don't think it'll get a very warm reception by many players, or the owners of this game.

You do have my endorsement, for what it is worth.

In the interest of FULL DISCLOSURE, I removed my player from the nautical themed faction this morning.

Therefore, I no longer have a dog in this fight

No, I am not a hacker, nor have I ever been a hacker.

I refuse to play when the deck is stacked.

BigD@wg
01-07-2013, 12:25 PM
In the interest of FULL DISCLOSURE, i removed my player from the nautical themed faction this morning.

Therefore, I no longer have a dog in this fight.]

What?!? No more "Pirate Justice"?

Vballmadam
01-07-2013, 12:25 PM
Agreed....Gree should have done this from inception! I'm all for it!
Everyone knows who you are..you are even so brazen that many of you have posted your hacking on your walls!
One lady even admitted to paying money to a hacker to hack her game for her! Skill point hack!
Your end is drawing near in this game and darn well should be!

Vballmadam
01-07-2013, 12:26 PM

I know...sad day for the Pirates.

BigD@wg
01-07-2013, 12:28 PM
@Poop - Excellent idea!

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-07-2013, 12:28 PM

I still have a game, but I am not participating in the World Domination Nonevent.

I will decide by the end of the month if I will delete my game and quit being played by Gree.

The important points, are that this game isn't worth playing as long as it is infested by hackers, cheaters, thieves, "no-no glitches", and cheaters!

Tuke
01-07-2013, 01:05 PM
Heh, right on:). But gree wount ever get rid of hacker, non until game is changed to server based load only game , and even that dont pring 100% safety agains hackers. But still i think its grees own fault that they have been infested here.

Ranger4Life
01-07-2013, 01:12 PM
I still have a game, but I am not participating in the World Domination Nonevent.

I will decide by the end of the month if I will delete my game and quit being played by Gree.

The important points, are that this game isn't worth playing as long as it is infested by hackers, cheaters, thieves, "no-no glitches", and cheaters!

You know what they say, "Actions speak louder than words." By you leaving PUN and not participating in WD this would be the loudest statement made in the game to date.

Gambit12
01-07-2013, 01:13 PM
Agreed....Gree should have done this from inception! I'm all for it!
Everyone knows who you are..you are even so brazen that many of you have posted your hacking on your walls!
One lady even admitted to paying money to a hacker to hack her game for her! Skill point hack!
Your end is drawing near in this game and darn well should be!

They should make Jail breaking is illegal first cause thats the roots of hacking...

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-07-2013, 01:17 PM
You know what they say, "Actions speak louder than words." By you leaving PUN and not participating in WD this would be the loudest statement made in the game to date.

Why not join me?

Heck, why don't thousands of legitimate players join me?

Sandukan
01-07-2013, 01:19 PM
If there was a way of keeping track of contributions of each faction member (is there?) then this could be done easily once the cheater is found out.

Why punish everyone in a faction for the action of one?

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-07-2013, 01:21 PM
If there was a way of keeping track of contributions of each faction member (is there?) then this could be done easily once the cheater is found out.

Because many factions (or the faction leaders) encourage their players to hack.

There are many people who do anything to win.

In some factions, all the players are hackers.

JMC
01-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Because many factions (or the faction leaders) encourage their players to hack.

There are many people who do anything to win.

In some factions, all the players are hackers.

Only one color. Getting lazy.

Ranger4Life
01-07-2013, 01:22 PM
Why not join me?

Heck, why don't thousands of legitimate players join me?

I'm continuing to pile on straws. This camels back is definitely getting tired though.

Poopenshire
01-07-2013, 01:23 PM
Your not punishing everyone, you refund all the money that was legitimate and they can then buy back their boosts from legitimate funds. Players then get what they paid for. Your only deleting the funds that were obtained by improper methods. Faction leaders should always be questioning where the money comes from and who is donating it, its the burden of leadership.

Gambit12
01-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Your not punishing everyone, you refund all the money that was legitimate and they can then buy back their boosts from legitimate funds. Players then get what they paid for. Your only deleting the funds that were obtained by improper methods. Faction leaders should always be questioning where the money comes from and who is donating it, its the burden of leadership.

Is the Pirate leader or any member in PUN are hacking?

albeezy
01-07-2013, 01:30 PM

Great suggestion POOP but GREE can't even detect hackers (we have to report them) so how could we trust Gree to detect which donations were legit and which ones werent. If they can't detect a player who is hacking money to upgrade their two ACs to level 6 in two days, how can they detect a player who donates billions over a month. If they temporarily ban a player for saving $200 million over the course of a week or two and fail to detect the player who hacks $800 million in a single day how can they detect which donations were legit and which were not. Again, great idea and the issue is cause for concern, but there is absolutely no way gree is capable of reliably doing this without screwing things up.

Poopenshire
01-07-2013, 01:36 PM
The idea is to aler them to the issue and get the discussion going. Admitting there is a problem is the first step to fixing it. If Gree is not made aware that we know what is going on they will just move on ignoring the problem.

oh and Gambit, ask the leadership, you know who is who.

Gambit12
01-07-2013, 01:41 PM
The idea is to aler them to the issue and get the discussion going. Admitting there is a problem is the first step to fixing it. If Gree is not made aware that we know what is going on they will just move on ignoring the problem.

oh and Gambit, ask the leadership, you know who is who.

They should make Jail breaking is illegal first cause thats the roots of hacking...

They should start a locked so that jail breaking people won't have access to the MW firm ware account...

Tuke
01-07-2013, 01:50 PM
They should start a locked so that jail breaking people won't have access to the MW firm ware account...

Cannot be done, sorry.

Vballmadam
01-07-2013, 02:08 PM

If that were true Gambit I would not be on the team! I think you know that.

Tuke
01-07-2013, 02:13 PM

Rooting doesnt cause hacking... without it nobody cannot even play this game.

Gambit12
01-07-2013, 02:19 PM
If that were true Gambit I would not be on the team! I think you know that.

Not sure, its just a conspiracy theory...

Poopenshire
01-07-2013, 02:26 PM
Not sure, its just a conspiracy theory...

I am all for conspiracy theories, but I don't cheat and don't have the desire to. But, I can understand people questioning things they don't know about. Like i said, if you want to know, you know who to ask. I will not pretend to speak about things that are not in my pervue.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Only an idiot would comment on a thread about hackers, if he or she were ever outed for hacking.

That said, we do have one KNOWN hacker on this thread.

That KNOWN hacker claimed it was a glitch.

This is akin to a RAPIST or a PEDOPHILE blaming their victim(s) because of their wicked perversion.

1earEddie
01-07-2013, 03:10 PM
1ear no care...he just hired Chinese hacker..400 bucks...will kill everybody...
No matter stats...no matter allies..you are hacked and you will die

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-07-2013, 03:13 PM

No one within the PUN organization (past or present) ever hacked.

But, I know someone who did.

Do you recall who that was?

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-07-2013, 03:14 PM
1ear care...he never hired Chinese hacker..000 bucks...will NOT kill everybody...
No matter stats...no matter allies..you are NOT hacked and you will NOT die

WOW.

Just WOW.

mxz
01-07-2013, 03:19 PM
They should start a locked so that jail breaking people won't have access to the MW firm ware account...Are you really trying to claim that only jail breakers can cheat? Come on, bro. You got caught for cheating and no part of your cheating required a jailbroken device. Quit your nonsense.

Ganja
01-07-2013, 03:36 PM

When a faction receives UNREASONABLE huge amount of donations that can not be justified and can only be logically explained as gained from HACKING then turns a blind eye on it, or applaud the player for making such contributions, or continues to receive and benefit from such donations without removing/reporting that player - then the faction, in its entirety, in its silence and non-action, is as GUILTY as the hacker for CONDONING the action and allowing it to continue ...

Dutchie
01-07-2013, 03:44 PM
Are you really trying to claim that only jail breakers can cheat? Come on, bro. You got caught for cheating and no part of your cheating required a jailbroken device. Quit your nonsense.

There's hacking and then there's exploiting a glitch... very different. There is another glitch at the moment that many gold spenders have taken advantage of. I know Ferr has and I am sure many, if not all PUN members have too!

Q Raider
01-07-2013, 04:00 PM
There's hacking and then there's exploiting a glitch... very different. There is another glitch at the moment that many gold spenders have taken advantage of. I know Ferr has and I am sure many, if not all PUN members have too!

Is this "glitch" easily accessible and available to all players of the game at all levels or is it like the Wavebreaker/Seige Tank one which only certain levels were able to access?

The reason I ask is that I believe I know what you are referring to. If so I do not believe it is a glitch but a decision made under section 8 (c) of the Terms of Service as an attempt by Gree to boost sales.....and a very successful one looking at some players inventories.

Dutchie
01-07-2013, 04:13 PM
Yeah, you got it Q. Having read that particular term, they are quite broad. Possible 'marketing' ploy but I think it wasn't done on purpose. Maybe I'm wrong and I should be more cynical :)

Ryans67
01-07-2013, 04:26 PM
@Q, it is not an attempt to boost sales. I would explain how it has occurred, but that would open up the possibility of individuals "making" it occuring in the future.

Anyone notice the "Sale" did not start on Monday, but rather later in the week?

albeezy
01-07-2013, 04:29 PM

many here have taken advantage of that many many many times. Some have done it 1K times, others only 400 times and others less than 400 times.

Poopenshire
01-07-2013, 04:35 PM
I do not believe this is a glitch as they have had days to fix it. It is an available sale that could be fixed instantly if it was a mistake.

Dutchie
01-07-2013, 04:38 PM
many here have taken advantage of that many many many times. Some have done it 1K times, others only 400 times and others less than 400 times.

Which category do you belong to?

Dutchie
01-07-2013, 04:39 PM
I do not believe this is a glitch as they have had days to fix it. It is an available sale that could be fixed instantly if it was a mistake.

They have enough on their plate at the moment and it could be a case of just being overlooked. I doubt anyone raised a ticket on this one ;)

andypandy2
01-07-2013, 04:49 PM
Man, my faction is so full of real, good people, that I can't imagine this scenario. We sc**** and pull for the team. It never occurred to me that hackers had invaded the one good thing that has really formed relationships in this game. I'm starting to really identify with my faction. We kind of like each other... I'd like to meet them in person. If we thought we had a hacker, we'd shut them down. We just have too much fun ribbing each other and being a team. Hackers are disgusting. I know VFF Bravo would reject any hacker 'gifts'. We are all for one and one for all. We don't need no stinking hackers!

Tctiger
01-07-2013, 04:51 PM
It's not up to me alone or one man we are a team at bravo bit why don't you join us pun mix it up it would be fun .

Madcowdave
01-07-2013, 04:51 PM

So what's the glitch? I keep hearing about more / new "glitches". I'm starting to think that I won't be able to compete if I'm not exploiting glitches, spending thousands of real $ on gold, or hacking. I've never done any of those. Anyone else feeling out of the loop?

Dutchie
01-07-2013, 05:00 PM
So what's the glitch? I keep hearing about more / new "glitches". I'm starting to think that I won't be able to compete if I'm not exploiting glitches, spending thousands of real $ on gold, or hacking. I've never done any of those. Anyone else feeling out of the loop?

Unless you're prepared to spend thousands of $, you won't be able to compete at the top but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the game!

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-07-2013, 05:13 PM
It's not up to me alone or one man we are a team at bravo bit why don't you join us pun mix it up it would be fun .
I only speak for myself.

I dropped myself from my faction this morning.

I will protest by sitting out this event.

I wish that all participants get a fair shake.

Unfortunately, as long as ONE hacker is allowed to remain, the event is compromised.

But, there are at least 50 hackers that I know about.

Many of them are hidden in the sewers of this game with 10, 15, 20 allies.

Dozens more are activated and are actively looting and pillaging innocent players.

Kudu22
01-07-2013, 05:18 PM
Bravo is a good crew. Win lose or draw we are having good hack free fun with a few cocktails to boot.

Dutchie
01-07-2013, 05:27 PM
I only speak for myself.

I dropped myself from my faction this morning.

I will protest by sitting out this event.

I wish that all participants get a fair shake.

Unfortunately, as long as ONE hacker is allowed to remain, the event is compromised.

But, there are at least 50 hackers that I know about.

Many of them are hidden in the sewers of this game with 10, 15, 20 allies.

Dozens more are activated and are actively looting and pillaging innocent players.

Oh shut up you tart, you sound like a broken record.

P.S. No, I wasn't Pirate Basher or whatever they were called that was banned. If I want to say something, I will say it using my only moniker on this forum!

Fl@sh
01-07-2013, 05:55 PM
They have enough on their plate at the moment and it could be a case of just being overlooked. I doubt anyone raised a ticket on this one ;)I raised a ticket weeks ago about the same exact thing. In fact, this glitch that I reported was caused by this "new" glitch. All I know is that I would feel morally broke if I took advantage of this hundreds or thousands of times, and we all know I can...

CJ54
01-07-2013, 06:01 PM
Alright, we're getting into some outright flaming here, so I'm locking this with a request that everyone hear me out and then relax a bit.

Firstly, this issue is super important to us. A lot of us are putting in overtime over here to make sure that WD goes off in an awesome way, and that includes making sure that factions and their members are legit and fair. Myself, our policy expert, and an additional small team are and will be reviewing every single report that comes into support and taking appropriate action not just on individual accounts but across the board as best we can, so if you come across something that concerns you, please do send it in.

Also, if I could ask that people stop playing around with the font sizes/colors, that would be appreciated. It's getting to be a little much.