PDA

View Full Version : Best device to play on?

LeBarticus
01-05-2013, 11:33 PM
I just bought an iPhone, and was wondering the pros and cons of each device, as I have been using an iPad (no data plan). What are your thoughts?

I think the most ideal wold be an iPad (regular or mini) with a data plan, as you can access the Internet wherever you want and don't have to worrying about incoming phone calls and whatnot.

I also have an account with a galaxy note 2, which is cool, but android users are screwed when it comes to this game, which is really too bad (nudge nudge gree). It's not mine, my boss has just been letting me use it for work (and gaming heh :P) so I've been thinking about switching my iPad account to my iPhone and the galaxy to my iPad... Just trying to figure out what would work best and would be the most beneficial.

I feel like on the iPhone, getting calls and whatnot might be too disruptive especially during boss events. But you have Internet everywhere, so I'd be able to check in whenever I want which would def help my game

Thief
01-05-2013, 11:36 PM
Pros of Iphone. I can Check it anytime as im in meetings i just act like i'm reading an email.

Pros of Ipad: you don't have to worry about distractions like emails or phone calls so you can play OT and keep rivals on your screen.

Cricket
01-05-2013, 11:41 PM
I'd stick to iPhone because of availability. I have an iPad 1 which I play on and it has constant trouble preforming many operations and crashes almost every time I load a setting that requires wifi.

manbeast
01-06-2013, 12:18 AM
thief pretty much took the words out of my mouth!

Dudebot121256
01-06-2013, 12:22 AM
As long as it isn't an android product, you're gold :)

Procyon
01-06-2013, 04:56 AM
I have my regular player on my IPad and just opened an LLP on an old iPhone. As Thief said, being able to check the game wherever you want (even secretly) on an iphone is great. I didn't get the data plan with my iPad so it does limit checking on the game, but even if I had the data plan I wouldn't be pulling it out on a train or in meetings. I would however probably have it in my car with me which would cause a whole new set of vehicle related incidents.

Maybe I'm just getting old but IMO once bases start to grow the iPhone screen is just too darn small for me to play this game and not having a data plan on my iPad allows me to get away from it.

Ranger4Life
01-06-2013, 10:55 AM
iPad mini with a data plan. Fits in my pocket so I can take anywhere, but you still get the easy navigation that you do with the iPad.

Vballmadam
01-06-2013, 01:43 PM
I love my ipad with the data plan...I can take it anywhere and play!

ohgreatitsryan
01-06-2013, 01:50 PM
I have my HLP on my iPad 3(wifi only), but my LLP is on my Galaxy SIII( and I can tether my iPad to it) so they are both super mobile and easy to check and I don't have to deal with the BS data plans for iPads.

Vballmadam
01-06-2013, 01:58 PM
How do you do that? I have a Galaxy S 111 also!

General Soviet
01-06-2013, 02:02 PM
My first player is on an IPhone 4, but I just got an iPad, no data plan. Doesn't matter, I'll just play my HLP on the go. The iPad is great for MW, though.

ohgreatitsryan
01-06-2013, 02:24 PM
How do you do that? I have a Galaxy S 111 also!
It depends on your provider, I've had T-Mobile since the dawn of time(more or less), and have had an unlimited data plan since data plans started to exist, so I'm still grandfathered in to true unlimited data, because of that all I have to do is turn "mobile hotspot" on. It's magical!

Kara T
01-06-2013, 05:09 PM
I like the iPad....it is easier to scan a rivals base...just have to constantly battle with the kids to give it back to me...they are sneaky thieves.

Q Raider
01-06-2013, 05:55 PM
Of the ones I have seen I figure Ferr's, Pirate Enforcer's or Frosty's would be amongst te best to play on..... :-)

King little fruit fly
01-06-2013, 06:00 PM
The best device to play is iPad mini with HD retina display, and I am still waiting for one.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-06-2013, 06:21 PM
Pros of Iphone. I can Check it anytime as im in meetings i just act like i'm reading an email.

Pros of Ipad: you don't have to worry about distractions like emails or phone calls so you can play OT and keep rivals on your screen.

I enjoy playing my LLP on a Commodore 64 computer and my HLP on a Timex computer.