PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a camper on defending against robberies

gcooldude
01-05-2013, 09:13 AM
I am a level 51 camper with 6506 ATT and 7420 DEF with very few defence buildings. What advice do you have to defend better against robberies? Is there any defence items or defence buildings I should invest my money into? Currently I've been investing most my money into upgrading money buildings.

Sandukan
01-05-2013, 09:18 AM
There is no escape.
One of the most worn out advice given here is "collecting on time is the only real defense".

In any case, 50 gatling turrets to level 2-3 helps at your level. If you have some spare change hanging around or your (or somebody else's) kids left their piggy banks careless get some crates.

Dipstik
01-05-2013, 09:27 AM
Have you tried improving your stats by buying items?

gcooldude
01-05-2013, 09:32 AM
I've bought some items, what at this level would be the best items to buy for defence?

I can try buying the gatling turrets.

Dipstik
01-05-2013, 09:39 AM
Buy whatever has the biggest numbers. But make sure you have enough henchmen or they won't work 100%.

gcooldude
01-05-2013, 09:42 AM
I have 264 mafia members and 34 henchmen.

Dipstik
01-05-2013, 09:49 AM
Yeah there's your problem... I'd get more henchmen pronto

Ripper
01-05-2013, 09:56 AM
I do hope OP realise that "get more henchmen" is just a joke. :)

gcooldude
01-05-2013, 10:01 AM
I do hope OP realise that "get more henchmen" is just a joke. :)

I know now its a joke lol

TZora
01-05-2013, 10:28 AM
i have just 99 henchmen and nearly 200 buildings .. how can i get more henchmen? i have enough gold, can i buy them? or would you advice me to raise their pay so that each one takes care of 2 buildings .. i may even arrange a bonus each month if they do that ..

Ripper
01-05-2013, 10:49 AM
i have just 99 henchmen and nearly 200 buildings .. how can i get more henchmen? i have enough gold, can i buy them? or would you advice me to raise their pay so that each one takes care of 2 buildings .. i may even arrange a bonus each month if they do that ..

You can seat them on ponies, they will be able to move around faster..

Im sure Dip can lend you some. :)

dudeman
01-05-2013, 10:52 AM
The only effective defense against robberies, at any level, is to collect on time. Or to spend thousands of dollars on gold.

No other strategies will save you if you're not collecting on time.

Deluxe
01-05-2013, 10:53 AM
You just have to be enough stronger

gcooldude
01-05-2013, 10:58 AM
I try to collect one time, I will try the gatling guns and see if that helps.

Sandukan
01-05-2013, 11:01 AM
I thought the purpose of camping was to avoid getting beat down and robbed.
I never camped but I am sure there is thread around here about how to camp effectively.
Check the best of the best guide.

Ripper
01-05-2013, 11:06 AM
Im sure purpose of camping is to improve your IPH. And hope for good scratcher.

You cant avoid being robbed or attacked.

dudeman
01-05-2013, 11:07 AM
You just have to be enough stronger

But you'll never be "enough stronger" than everyone unless you outspend everyone.

There's always someone stronger than you, and some people get real lucky.

I found a dude with over 200k defense and I can rob him blind and not even lose any sarins. I'm only at 96 attack, so how much stronger does one need to be to fend off a robbery? Significantly stronger, I get robbed by weakish players quite often when I don't collect on time.

Sandukan
01-05-2013, 11:10 AM

But you can build your economy at any time and level.
Camping allows you to keep your money and not get harassed by stronger players at higher levels.

At real low levels you can get by with cash and respect weapons.

Indian bong
01-05-2013, 11:19 AM

I'd suggest you buy them goodies . . lots & lots of goodies, Few of em are pretty lousy bugger's . . to uplift their morale u got to bribe them from time to time . . worked for me . .

P.S : Raising their pay & bonus is like a must . . I'm still stunned over the fact that u r even enquiring about it . .

Ramshutu
01-05-2013, 11:20 AM
I am a level 51 camper with 6506 ATT and 7420 DEF with very few defence buildings. What advice do you have to defend better against robberies? Is there any defence items or defence buildings I should invest my money into? Currently I've been investing most my money into upgrading money buildings.

It's kinda been said so far, the only gaurenteed way not to loose robberies, is to collect on time.

If you regularly find your top end buildings robbed, you need to take a look and see if there is any thing you can do to collect them bang on time. For example, aside from weekends, I can guarentee that I can collect by 12's/24's, and 8s on time, every time.

The main way I have done this, is by "Syncing" then, making sure that they all come up together, at one time. (although, 12s different from 8s, etc). For example, my 12's come up during work at 8am/8pm so there is less chance of me loosing them. This has involved leaving them up after a collecting until they match other buildings, or simply leaving them all to go up overnight. You get one potential big hit, then they're done.

Alternatively, if you can't make such a gaurentee about collection, then you really won't have much of a chance to eliminate.

What you find is that the big stat players at your level, will only go after big stat buildings only, (I will not touch anything that isn't a higher cash payout building) so provided you can collect these, you will invariably only be dealing with lower stat players who don't know as much about what to rob. Again this means if you cannot collect your big buildings, there is no way you can eliminate robberies.

Now, if you can collect the buildings, there are many ways you can build up your stats, although unfortunatley, not much without Gold.

Do not worry about investing in defence buildings, other than gattling turrets; the defense they provide isn't particularly significant, and upgrading them doesn't give you that much extra benefit as the game simply lies about what defense they give you.

More importantly, and something you should rely on. You need AT LEAST twice the stats of your oponent to gaurentee that you win a robbery, as your defence value you get from all your inventory items is halved when you are being robbed. This means without being insane for your level, you will never prevent robberies.

I would suggest never attacking back, as this gives people a batphone to your hood.

Concentrate on Boss events and nothing else and maybe bumping up some defense items now and then. If you are a free player, there isn't a lot you can do.

l1ster
01-06-2013, 02:12 AM
I'm level 51 as well and have pretty good stats (over 20k A/D) and I don't get robbed very often.

If you're camping then hopefully your IPH is at a reasonable level so get as many gatling turrets as you can, and replace any machine gun turrets if you have them as they're comparatively weak and take up a spot that could be used for a gatling.

If you go out and rob then stick to lofts and laundromats as these give good RP/XP ratios. The Respect weapons are the best you can get without spending real money so use any RP you get (including from scratchers) to buy sawn off shot-guns, serated blades, night vision binoculars and Yamaha race bikes. Without spending gold the RP weapons give the best stats but it can be a slow journey, especially if you only rob laundromats. I have the +5 RP modifier from one of the previous events and this has been a big help for the lower levels. If Gree do another event like this where they give a respect modifier then definitely go for it.

At level 51 with your stats you may struggle to get very far on the boss events but these are crucial to rapidly increasing your stats as you get equipment that is far better than anything you could buy with in-game money. Use Billionaire's guide (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?40705-The-Billionaires-Guide-to-Boss-Events) to ensure you get as many free hits as possible and then use as much gold as you are willing to spend.

You haven't mentioned if you're a gold buyer or not. If you are then make sure you make value for money purchases (I realise that this is a slight joke given that it costs US$30 odd for a pixelated assault rifle that is not even real). I use a spreadsheet where I work out the attack and defense stats per gold bar e.g. the Deadly Chakram gives 0.822 attack and 0.333 defense per gold whereas the Tech Gatling Gun only 0.263 A and 0.279 D, so you'd be better off buying 17 Chackrams rather than 1 TGG.

And of course, as others have mentioned, if you can sync your buildings and collect on time then you're less likely to lose money. Also, don't ever hit anyone back unless you're sure that they can't beat you. I made this mistake early on and was hounded for weeks by them.

Anyway, good luck - what is your in game name and I'll make sure I stay away from you? :-)

EDIT: sorry, I have repeated some of what Ramshutu said as I started typing my reply a while back before I saw his response.

murf
01-06-2013, 06:30 PM

The purpose of camping/crawling now, IMO, is 1) improve IPH, 2) load up on scratchers and 3) be able to participate in maximum epic boss events prior to level 100, when it gets much, much harder to beat the bosses.

I'm level 65 now and have been able to beat 40 bosses each time. Those events by themselves, have made camping a very viable strategy, rather then just have a quasi-Sim-City strategy, which is what is what before the epic bosses.

Deluxe
01-06-2013, 07:20 PM
But you'll never be "enough stronger" than everyone unless you outspend everyone.

There's always someone stronger than you, and some people get real lucky.

I found a dude with over 200k defense and I can rob him blind and not even lose any sarins. I'm only at 96 attack, so how much stronger does one need to be to fend off a robbery? Significantly stronger, I get robbed by weakish players quite often when I don't collect on time.

My key word, 'enough' :)