PDA

View Full Version : Just noticed World Domination In-Game FAQ

BigD@wg
01-05-2013, 05:53 AM
So I saw this today and was a little shocked at one of the statements contained within:

"At the end of the event, the faction with the most WD points will win the country being contested. The country will be highlighted on the map as conquered and will not come up again. Rewards will be given to the top three factions, top three players, and top three contributors of each faction."

So does this mean that additional rewards are given to top three players with most WD points and the top three contributors within faction? Or does this mean that only the top 3 contributors and top 3 players in a faction get the uber unit prize? If the latter is correct, there are going to be a lot of unhappy faction members!

Also, it finally answered my XP question. Yes XP is acquired during WD battles...so campers beware!

Fl@sh
01-05-2013, 06:02 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?43517-World-Domination-Planned-Release-Date-Weekend-of-1-19-13

BigD@wg
01-05-2013, 06:07 AM
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?43517-World-Domination-Planned-Release-Date-Weekend-of-1-19-13

Funny how i saw it in the game actually before I saw that thread had been updated but whats your take on that one paragraph?

Lucky4u
01-05-2013, 06:32 AM
Only top 3 factions/player/contributor???are you serious?...

vitus79
01-05-2013, 06:35 AM
Only top 3 factions/player/contributor???are you serious?...

i was just thinking the same, considering they changed the pvp event winners from 50 to 200, that is really dissapointing to have only 3 winners after the whole event.

talk about motivation for the next battle

Lucky4u
01-05-2013, 06:37 AM
Then why build factions in the first place...if only 3 will win(and we know who will)...why not let it be plain PVP then.....a little bit of excitement,turned to a disappointment....

BigD@wg
01-05-2013, 06:42 AM
Maybe my thoughts from a few months ago weren't that far off after all:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41972-MW-3.0-Hope-is-a....

BigD@wg
01-05-2013, 07:30 AM
So what happened to these?!? Do these still apply?

http://i49.tinypic.com/fthslx.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/qpfqf7.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/ws1con.jpg

fearandrea
01-05-2013, 07:45 AM
So I saw this today and was a little shocked at one of the statements contained within:

"At the end of the event, the faction with the most WD points will win the country being contested. The country will be highlighted on the map as conquered and will not come up again. Rewards will be given to the top three factions, top three players, and top three contributors of each faction."

So does this mean that additional rewards are given to top three players with most WD points and the top three contributors within faction? Or does this mean that only the top 3 contributors and top 3 players in a faction get the uber unit prize? If the latter is correct, there are going to be a lot of unhappy faction members!

Also, it finally answered my XP question. Yes XP is acquired during WD battles...so campers beware!

All I can say is this better not be true.
I hope some idiot in Gree just miss typed!

HenryVIII
01-05-2013, 07:48 AM
All I can say is this better not be true.
I hope some idiot in Gree just miss typed!

One would hope, but wouldn't put it pass them to use a bait and switch.

Idiokus
01-05-2013, 07:59 AM
Thank you bigD@wg for this thread!!!! Just posted on CJ thread...what a joke this can't be serious. Now top 3 three faction only??? Also top 3 faction contributors/ players get rewards? What's all this? A faction consists of several members united for one ultimate goal!!!! Our top contributors and players would not be able to do with out the other members help! HELLO it's a TEAMS effort!!

Also XP as a reward? Valor units ??? How original!!! Come on...and now I truly don't understand why they did that PVP
Number giving 200 factions same reward as top 50. Now only to make three top faction winners...all this is very confusing and discouraging....where is this all leading?

Ps hope ya good Bd@wg...

BigD@wg
01-05-2013, 08:06 AM
Hi Idiokus! I am well and hope you are too! :) i don't understand any of it either. I hope for all the factions out there that this is wrong and that someone made a mistake. As for me, I am a man without a faction (on purpose) ...so it doesn't affect me one bit. I hope Gree proves me wrong but I doubt that I am.

Ryans67
01-05-2013, 09:58 AM
I think everyone is confusing WD and the battle for brazil. The prizes shown earlier were for the entire WD. CJ has posted prize info regarding the battles for countries, which there are to be many countries fought for. At one country per month, this could take a year to complete!

I think the mechanics are a joke, but at least the faction bonuses have gave individuals bonuses they could never achieve on their own, absent the use of gold.

BigD@wg
01-05-2013, 10:23 AM
I think everyone is confusing WD and the battle for brazil. The prizes shown earlier were for the entire WD. CJ has posted prize info regarding the battles for countries, which there are to be many countries fought for. At one country per month, this could take a year to complete!

I think the mechanics are a joke, but at least the faction bonuses have gave individuals bonuses they could never achieve on their own, absent the use of gold.

I considered this and I think you may be right about those units. I even mentioned that in my link I posted earlier. If it is correct it is a joke. Fight all these monthly battles for years for one über stat unit. Lol!

Tctiger
01-05-2013, 12:07 PM
That would change things then , I hope the bottom hasn't fallen out of a good idea .

Jacko99
01-05-2013, 12:29 PM
Hmmm... I really hope this is not true. To wait a year before getting the nice unit. The more I think about this the more I think RyanA67 is right. As stated, I suppose the faction bonuses are good. Top 3 factions for each battle though, that really sucks.

ricemstcr
01-05-2013, 12:45 PM
kinda wish they would average out a factions rank by each factions members (level and stats), and then tier everything, with same prizes per tier, and per tier overall winner gets a unique unit. this means every faction would have the chance to be "king of the hill" and get the units on the WD page, and add a bonus unit as a prize to encourage players to be in a higher level tier.

anyone NOT in those guys factions are all looking at top 100/250 guild prizes as the best we can do. this is unbalanced, but an easy fix.

Koz
01-05-2013, 01:35 PM
I'm guessing that is why there were no screen shots or a detailed structure of the game. I think they are flying by the seat of their pants on this one. On CJs thread instead of saying.....look everyone, this is the way the game sets up. Instead he asked what questions do you have about WD. If I showed up to a meeting to present a new product to a consumer and failed to tell them what it would do for them, and said what do u want to know about it, I would look foolish and unprepared. I think the idea is great. Top 3? Wait a year. Complete confusion with no clarity? I think when it goes online the whole server is going to crash. I hope I'm wrong but look at 1 issue. Can't get rid of ppl from the faction. Tickets are backed up and response times are delayed. Imagine how many glitches and tickets and issues there is going to be when it launches. Any issues u may have will take forever to address. The question is what will be done first......a ticket being answered or the end of the 1 year event.
I want to see a screenshot of exactly what I will be doing on 1/19? If it doesn't get pushed back again.

Col.34w
01-05-2013, 02:00 PM
I'm guessing that is why there were no screen shots or a detailed structure of the game. I think they are flying by the seat of their pants on this one. On CJs thread instead of saying.....look everyone, this is the way the game sets up. Instead he asked what questions do you have about WD. If I showed up to a meeting to present a new product to a consumer and failed to tell them what it would do for them, and said what do u want to know about it, I would look foolish and unprepared. I think the idea is great. Top 3? Wait a year. Complete confusion with no clarity? I think when it goes online the whole server is going to crash. I hope I'm wrong but look at 1 issue. Can't get rid of ppl from the faction. Tickets are backed up and response times are delayed. Imagine how many glitches and tickets and issues there is going to be when it launches. Any issues u may have will take forever to address. The question is what will be done first......a ticket being answered or the end of the 1 year event.
I want to see a screenshot of exactly what I will be doing on 1/19? If it doesn't get pushed back again.

Right on the money Koz. Even Candyland has detailed instructions

BigD@wg
01-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Right on the money Koz. Even Candyland has detailed instructions

Lol! But Candyland was created by company that actually knew something about what they were doing.

King little fruit fly
01-05-2013, 05:55 PM
Thank you all folks for dancing with PUN, FerrEmpress and SuperFatfaction, here is a cold coconut drink for you to walk home!

mharriswy
01-06-2013, 12:48 PM
So if we aren't all going to share in the reward, what is the incentive to donate to the faction?

BigD@wg
01-06-2013, 01:30 PM
@Mharriswy
That is the very question for which Gree needs to provide a clear answer.