PDA

View Full Version : Ramshutu AMA - Ask me Anything!

Pages : [1] 2

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Okay, then!

So I'm a bit bored, and there has been enough time passed between this and the last AMA for it to be a egostical jump on a bandwagon.

So go ahead, ask me anything; including any maths or science problems you have! I dig science problems.

A Chufty Badges will be awarded to the best question (Google "What is a chufty badge", if you are unsure how this will be helpful to you).

Dipstik
01-04-2013, 10:40 AM
Favorite Pony?

jobadass
01-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Favorite Pony?lmao!

Least favorite forumite?

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 10:44 AM
Can you hook me up with Eva Price from Coronation street?

Paulio
01-04-2013, 10:44 AM
If I have never played the beta version of Everquest, does that make me a gaming noob?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 10:45 AM
Favorite Pony?

Dartmoor.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/f/f2/Dartmoor_pony_2.jpg

This is mainly because they don't take any [insert expletive here] from anyone, including cars that tend to be instant dog-food-creation machines where these ponies are involved.

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 10:50 AM
lmao!

Least favorite forumite?

That's actually difficult, as even the people I don't like make me smile.

If you want to judge it on facepalms it's probably QPR. He promises so much and delivers so little.

Can you hook me up with Eva Price from Coronation street?

Yes, however this would use up at least one of my 7 favours with Satan, and I was wanting to save these for the next collect 10 event.

If I have never played the beta version of Everquest, does that make me a gaming noob?

Yes it does.

Saying otherwise, is like saying that drinking 17 $3 boxes of wine makes you a connoisseur. Whereas we all know, it simply makes you fall over and be ill. Sometimes embarass yourself.

SiennaSharpe
01-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Is a day trip from London to Stonehenge worth the time and energy?

Ripper
01-04-2013, 10:52 AM
Favorite Pony?

http://s7.postimage.org/xn3l4i3qf/pony_is_a_dead_pony.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/xn3l4i3qf/)

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 10:55 AM
Is a day trip from London to Stonehenge worth the time and energy?

Definitely worth the time, but could be a bit draining. Stone Henge is pretty impressive, but you would probably not want to simply go up and see it and go back. Salisbury plain is pretty great, and there are lots of little villages around that are pretty neat to visit.

Alternatively, you can simply swing past on the way to somewhere else. It's only a little way out of the way for portsmouth. If you did that, you can see stonehenge, AND the HMS Warrior and Victory.

That way you can see the rich heritage of Primitive druidic English society, and learn the naval origins of the term "Tow Rag".

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 10:56 AM
Ripper, I would remove that immediately..... Trust me on that one :P

Ripper
01-04-2013, 11:00 AM
Ripper, I would remove that immediately..... Trust me on that one :P

:p We will see what happens.

Dipstik
01-04-2013, 11:02 AM
See you in a week.

Ripper
01-04-2013, 11:04 AM
On a serious note Ram, I`d partially disagree about Stonehenge. It is worth visiting... outside the fence. In my view not really worth the entry cost.

Area around thou well worth spending a day.

Ripper
01-04-2013, 11:11 AM
See you in a week.

http://s9.postimage.org/m1uw02g5n/scared_cat.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/m1uw02g5n/)

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 11:12 AM
http://s13.postimage.org/ivxxeiaib/scared_cat.jpg (http://postimage.org/image/ivxxeiaib/)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yUWgE0EVQ9c

SiennaSharpe
01-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Thanks Ram! Just doing a little planning for the summer. The HMS victory would be a huge hit with the kids and my husband who's into naval history.

isshi
01-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Is it true you are then next star of The only way is Essex? And you do weight lifting using a Chiwawa.
Lastly, is the Borg coming to wipe out Essex anytime soon?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 11:18 AM
Is it true you are then next star of The only way is Essex? And you do weight lifting using a Chiwawa.
Lastly, is the Borg coming to wipe out Essex anytime soon?

1.) Yes. I will be in the only way is Essex as a larger than life supervillian protagonist.

2.) I moved house recently, including moving 8 boxes of christmas decorations, 152 bags of books, and my partners rock collection; my guns have no need of any Chuiahaha enhanced routines.

3.) No. As you should know, the Borg only assimilate civilisations that can be of positive benefit to the collective. As white stilletos and hairdressers are not really essential or beneficial to a cyborg society, and the phrase "Resistance is futile, innit," is not as catchy, the chances are they will be left alone.

Deluxe
01-04-2013, 11:20 AM
How old are you and what do you do for a living?
What did you receive your formal education/training in?
What hobbies or interests have spurred ongoing education/training?
You may be my favorite forum member for the ridiculous/funny/intelligent/helpful/etc stuff you share here so just trying to paint a picture towards what makes you tick...

Jekevoy
01-04-2013, 11:27 AM
Quinone/Hydroquinone redox couple is used to test the functioning of platinum electrode. The reduction reaction for this couple is:

Quinone + 2H+ + 2e- = Hydroquinone; Eo = 0.699 v.

Assume the ratio of the activities of the [Quinone]/[Hydroquinone] = 1. The electrodes are tested in buffer solutions with pH of 7 or 4 containing the redox couple at 25 oC.

a). Write appropriate Nernst equation.

b). Calculate Eh at pH 4 and 7.

c). What will be the electrode potential at pH 4 and 7 in reference to standard calomel electrode (SCE)?

Dipstik
01-04-2013, 11:29 AM
Quinone/Hydroquinone redox couple is used to test the functioning of platinum electrode. The reduction reaction for this couple is:

Assume the ratio of the activities of the [Quinone]/[Hydroquinone] = 1. The electrodes are tested in buffer solutions with pH of 7 or 4 containing the redox couple at 25 oC.

c). What will be the electrode potential at pH 4 and 7 in reference to standard calomel electrode (SCE)?

The answer is 42.

Ragmondino
01-04-2013, 11:36 AM
1) I resent the Essex comments. I now reside there and the misses is a blonde Essex girl.
2) I agree with ripper. I don't think the Stonehenge entrance fee is worth it. But I'd stop by if going Portsmouth or Cornwall.
3) Is that you in your avator?
4) I was sure I would be least favourite. Must try harder
5) Is it true your even older than The Billionaire?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 11:38 AM
How old are you and what do you do for a living?
What did you receive your formal education/training in?
What hobbies or interests have spurred ongoing education/training?
You may be my favorite forum member for the ridiculous/funny/intelligent/helpful/etc stuff you share here so just trying to paint a picture towards what makes you tick...

- I am 32, I think. I haven't been particularly sure of my exact age since 25. I am a principle software engineer/Software Team lead, and this involves top level design of new software products.

- I was formally trained in electrical and electronic engineering, although never actually got a degree.

- Software has always been a hobby/geeky passion, so since then I have been doing distance learning to get a proper degree so I can be a real boy. I was into software since QBasic was the programming language of choice. I remember irritating the **** out of my parents by programming a virtual piano (you had to type the note in), which caused the PC speaker to play the given tone continuusly until you changed.

I have also been responsible for starting a robot for robot wars in the UK (part of the team, but never actually went on TV, it's a bit of a sore point involving not being able to skive of work.

I play football (I was in goal because at school I was never any good at it, so always went in goal and found I could actually get in the way of shots), but always like to go out field, invariably falling to my knees and making the sign of the cross when I score.

I also am into dance music, and try and write comedy novels in my spare time; of which one just needs editing before I try and publish it (although to be fair, it's been like that for the last 8 months).

Hero of Time
01-04-2013, 11:39 AM
Favorite movie?

Ragmondino
01-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Is it true your Santa?

Dipstik
01-04-2013, 11:45 AM
whose santa?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 11:52 AM

I don't know the answer. Not just that, I can't even find anything funny in response. So I guess you earn a chufty badge!

1) I resent the Essex comments. I now reside there and the misses is a blonde Essex girl.
2) I agree with ripper. I don't think the Stonehenge entrance fee is worth it. But I'd stop by if going Portsmouth or Cornwall.
3) Is that you in your avator?
4) I was sure I would be least favourite. Must try harder
5) Is it true your even older than The Billionaire?

1.) My Misses is a ginger who lived in Essex, but was from Scotland. Imagine my problems!
2.) Yep.
3.) No, I wish.
4.) You are the drunkest character I know.
5.) Possibly in Dog years.

Favorite movie?

Hmmm, hard one.

It's a toss up between Fight club and South Park the Movie.

I used to have a single VHS tape at university, and South Park was it, it played on repeating, never ending loop so that when I came home drunk I would put on the TV and watch it to prevent me from getting the spins.

Fight Club is probably my absolute favorite.

Is it true your Santa?

My santa what?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 11:52 AM

Please note that my delay in response was actually because I have been browsing Wikipedia trying to find an answer!

Jekevoy
01-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Please note that my delay in response was actually because I have been browsing Wikipedia trying to find an answer!

a)

pH 7: Eh = 0.699 - 0.059 log[Hydroquinone]/[Quinone] - 0.059(2/2)(7)

pH 4: Eh = 0.699 - 0.059 log[Hydroquinone]/[Quinone] - 0.059(2/2)(4)

b)

pH7: Eh = 0.699 - 0.059 log[Hydroquinone]/[Quinone] - 0.059(2/2)(7)

= 0.699 - log1 - 0.413

= 0.699 - 0 - 0.413

Eh = 0.286V or 286 mV

pH4: Eh = 0.699 - 0.059 log[Hydroquinone]/[Quinone] - 0.059(2/2)(4)

= 0.699 - log1 - 0.236

= 0.699 - 0 - 0.236

Eh = 0.463V or 463 mV

c)

Esce = Eh - Ehsce, Ehsce @ 25o C = 0.244mV

pH 7: Esce = 0.286 - 0.244

Esce = 0.042V or 42mV

pH4: Esce = 0.463 - 0.244

Esce = 0.219V or 219mV

I bet Iteachem would've known tha one.

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 11:58 AM
a)

pH 7: Eh = 0.699 - 0.059 log[Hydroquinone]/[Quinone] - 0.059(2/2)(7)

pH 4: Eh = 0.699 - 0.059 log[Hydroquinone]/[Quinone] - 0.059(2/2)(4)

b)

pH7: Eh = 0.699 - 0.059 log[Hydroquinone]/[Quinone] - 0.059(2/2)(7)

= 0.699 - log1 - 0.413

= 0.699 - 0 - 0.413

Eh = 0.286V or 286 mV

pH4: Eh = 0.699 - 0.059 log[Hydroquinone]/[Quinone] - 0.059(2/2)(4)

= 0.699 - log1 - 0.236

= 0.699 - 0 - 0.236

Eh = 0.463V or 463 mV

c)

Esce = Eh - Ehsce, Ehsce @ 25o C = 0.244mV

pH 7: Esce = 0.286 - 0.244

Esce = 0.042V or 42mV

pH4: Esce = 0.463 - 0.244

Esce = 0.219V or 219mV

I bet Iteachem would've known tha one.

Please note everyone, that the above may seem like nonsensical science, but the science behind it is related to the reason your phone can "relatively" accurately display what % of battery is left.

Jekevoy
01-04-2013, 11:59 AM
The wonders of electro chemistry!

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 12:01 PM
The wonders of electro chemistry!

Not nearly as wonderful as nuclear physics.

Did you know, for example, that arguably the safest form of Nuclear Reactor, uses nuclear fuel (bred from Thorium) in a solution of Molten Salt?

Nuclear Physics is one of my favorite area's of science.

Unfortunatley, on my second date with my current partner, in a pub in london, I was explaining to her how a Thermonuclear Bomb works. She has never let me live it down.

Dhusagar
01-04-2013, 12:04 PM
I really want to try and understand the 5th, 6th, and 7th dimension in a way that doesn't just use mathematics!

Dipstik
01-04-2013, 12:07 PM
think of dimensions as the number of data points needed to locate a specific place in a space

1 dimension: a line (or a circle). Distance (or degrees) is all you need to find a point
2 dimensions: a plane. Need X and Y coordinates
3 dimensions: X, Y, and Z needed

4 dimensions: Imagine a line made up of 3-dimensional spaces instead of points. (yes, an infinite number of infinite spaces... deal with it, yo) You need X, Y, and Z within a particular space and a W coordinate to locate the particular space your point is in.

5 dimensions: A plane made up of 3-dimensional spaces. Now you need a V and W coordinate to locate the particular 3-dimensional space your point is located in and an X, Y, and Z coordinate to find your point within that space.

etc.

Get it?

marshmall
01-04-2013, 12:10 PM
Aint this formula better X + Y = XX or XY ? ;)

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 12:12 PM
Aint this formula better X + Y = XX or XY ? ;)

X + Y = X + Y.

XX Actually means X times X. alternative written as X^2.

More importantly, you never write upper case X's in algebra, as it is easily confused with times, you normally write x as curly.

marshmall
01-04-2013, 12:14 PM
X = a man
Y = a woman

gives either a babyboy or a babygirl ;)

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 12:14 PM
I really want to try and understand the 5th, 6th, and 7th dimension in a way that doesn't just use mathematics!

This is actually quite easy. Understanding higher dimensions is just a matter of thinking of the differences between two and three dimensions.

Take for example the following question? What could a 4 spacial dimensional being do to you? (Assuming time is the 4th dimension).

You are 3 dimensional, and if you look at what you would look like to a 2 dimensional being, something you can drawn on a sheet of paper, and what you could do to it, you will have your answer.

For further reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatland

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 12:17 PM
X = a man
Y = a woman

gives either a babyboy or a babygirl ;)

Bah! The equation was wrong. A man is XY, and a woman is XX.

Interestingly enough, a study of some chromosomal issues, specifically when babies are born with only an X chromosome, the behaviour of these girls (they are always girls) is generally very male related; all male specific behaviour is actually donated by the mother.

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 12:19 PM
Assuming you're a Star Trek fan, do you think that Deep Space Nine would have gained more popularity if Avery Brooks's uniform would have included a fur coat, sunglasses and a big shiny gun?

HenryVIII
01-04-2013, 12:23 PM
Something that has puzzled me for the last few months...

A surgeon "scrubs in" before surgeries and supposed to be sterile right? Yes. Then why does he rinse off with tap water (not sterile)?

Ragmondino
01-04-2013, 12:23 PM
1.) My Misses is a ginger who lived in Essex, but was from Scotland. Imagine my problems!
2.) Yep.
3.) No, I wish.
4.) You are the drunkest character I know.
5.) Possibly in Dog years.

Hmmm, hard one.

It's a toss up between Fight club and South Park the Movie.

I used to have a single VHS tape at university, and South Park was it, it played on repeating, never ending loop so that when I came home drunk I would put on the TV and watch it to prevent me from getting the spins.

Fight Club is probably my absolute favorite.

My santa what?

1) You win
3) What is it with you HTC members having avators that are t really you. First Bill pretended to be black and now this.
4) I don't know where this myth comes from. I haven't had a drink since I put the last bottle in the bin 15 minutes ago.
5) Good answer

Fail. Is it true you are Santa?
Is it true you hate CK and think they are a bunch of pansies nearly as much as Billionaire in his AMA?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 12:24 PM
Assuming you're a Star Trek fan, do you think that Deep Space Nine would have gained more popularity if Avery Brooks's uniform would have included a fur coat, sunglasses and a big shiny gun?

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m3f6k2sUyr1qfstn6o1_400.jpg

Sisko needs no fur coat and sunglasses.

Dipstik
01-04-2013, 12:28 PM
DS9 sucked sooooooo much...

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 12:33 PM
Something that has puzzled me for the last few months...

A surgeon "scrubs in" before surgeries and supposed to be sterile right? Yes. Then why does he rinse off with tap water (not sterile)?

Tap water isn't sterile, but there are many easy things you can do to water to sterilise it, including heating, chlorination and the like.

1) You win
3) What is it with you HTC members having avators that are t really you. First Bill pretended to be black and now this.
4) I don't know where this myth comes from. I haven't had a drink since I put the last bottle in the bin 15 minutes ago.
5) Good answer

Fail. Is it true you are Santa?
Is it true you hate CK and think they are a bunch of pansies nearly as much as Billionaire in his AMA?

3.) Because we are a big fan of facial transplant surgery, and like to accost random strangers face/off style.
4.) You are Ragmondio, patron saint of "You, you know, you, I really love you man, I really do."

5.) I am not Santa, I could make some sort of euphamistic reference to myself, transitting, yourself and chimneys. But I will err on the side of not-ban-hammer.

Do I hate CK? I need to be careful, as not everyone has a sense of humour. I will, however, say, that if in-game gangs were superhero's, CK would be Aquaman.

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 12:33 PM
If you were Santa's (aka Joaquim's) father, would you have his device "tooken" away?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 12:34 PM
DS9 sucked sooooooo much...

That post counts as "Offsensive Material".

Ramshutu
If you were Santa's (aka Joaquim's) father, would you have his device "tooken" away?

No, but I would have made sure I hadn't fed him after midnight.

Paulio
You like dance music, but do you dance?

What's your comedy novel about? If it gets published, are you going to share it with us or will that reveal too much about your true identity?

Olly1
1) Can you tell me the way to Amarillo
2) What's the quickest way to get rid of my frikkin flu
3) Why do you constantly abuse CK members, almost as much as Raggy?
4) Does my bum still look big in this?
5) How old are you?

Paulio
01-04-2013, 12:37 PM
He already answered #5

Olly1
01-04-2013, 12:40 PM
Ah well. I was only asking to be polite anyways, ya know, show an interest and all that, even though I'm not interested

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 12:40 PM
1) Can you tell me the way to Amarillo
2) What's the quickest way to get rid of my frikkin flu
3) Why do you constantly abuse CK members, almost as much as Raggy?
4) Does my bum still look big in this?
5) How old are you?

1.) Rick Husband Amarillo international airport. Generally accessible via any major regional hub.
2.) Vitamin C will help, not being a sissy is probably a good start. Chicken soup has been proven to help.
3.) Some people seem to think "abuse" from me is somehow singling people out. I abuse everyone, indians, CK, anyone. Especially Ragmondio. I like to think of myself as the Sam Beckett of the forums, leaping from thread to thread, posting right what once went wrong....
4.) I'm not sure, I do not have a wide enough angle lense to tell.
5.) 32.

You like dance music, but do you dance?

What's your comedy novel about? If it gets published, are you going to share it with us or will that reveal too much about your true identity?

The only time I have really danced is to YMCA, and when I dance YMCA, I properly throw down and dance YMCA.

The Comedy is about heaven and hell. It doesn't reveal anything about my true Identity, and I'd be happy to share bits of it that do not give away the key parts of the story line.

It involves Lucifer, an IT Support Engineer, 3 computer geeks, Apollo, Jesus, Chuck Norris, The Angel of Death (now human resources), 2 Angels, a manager in a discount store, millions of demons, and nuns. And a renegade priest who "doesn't play by the rules".

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 12:41 PM
Lets see a picture of you.

HenryVIII
01-04-2013, 12:43 PM

Better yet, a Youtube upload of him dancing to YMCA.

Olly1
01-04-2013, 12:44 PM

Ooh someone's got an admirer. Wit woo

What's the worst thing you've ever done in your life, other than when you asked 'all CK members to jump off a cliff'

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 12:51 PM
Ooh someone's got an admirer. Wit woo

What's the worst thing you've ever done in your life, other than when you asked 'all CK members to jump off a cliff'

Hmm. There are so many, and varying different ways of defining "Worst".

I guess the worst thing that I did was at Uni. I couldn't stand one of the flat mates, he stole food, and never washed up.

He went on holiday for 4 weeks over easter, however as his window was broken (and opened from the outside), while he locked his main door, I scaled the side of the wall into his room and left him some presents. This included:

a.) A "reduced price" fillet of haddock from a local supermarket.
b.) All out of-date or almost out-of-date milk from the fridge.
c.) Half a pound of butter.

Being a beleiver in the christmas spirit, I hid them under his bed, around the back of his sink, and in his cupboards.

I left a note on the door saying "No hard feelings", and a note on his bed saying "Not"

I am just deciding what photo to produce at the moment. Some make me look like I have no chin. There are also no video's of me dancing the YMCA.

Paulio
01-04-2013, 12:52 PM
It involves Lucifer, an IT Support Engineer, 3 computer geeks, Apollo, Jesus, Chuck Norris, The Angel of Death (now human resources), 2 Angels, a manager in a discount store, millions of demons, and nuns. And a renegade priest who "doesn't play by the rules".

What I meant to ask, if it gets published will you tell us the title and where we can pick up a copy? That might give us your real name (unless you use a pen name) and bio.

That's not a question :p

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 12:55 PM
What I meant to ask, if it gets published will you tell us the title and where we can pick up a copy? That might give us your real name (unless you use a pen name) and bio.

That's not a question :p

Ahh yeah, I'd happy to do that. I can give you a non-revealing sample if you wanted :P

Oh, and BTW:
http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t511/ramshutu/13839_201465567222_6439046_n_zps033dd822.jpg

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 12:55 PM
Ahh yeah, I'd happy to do that. I can give you a non-revealing sample if you wanted :P

Oh, and BTW:
http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t511/ramshutu/13839_201465567222_6439046_n_zps033dd822.jpg

No chin!!!!! Lol

Ragmondino
01-04-2013, 01:04 PM
1) what level on cc
2) why did you say ck Bambam and tzora were manginas?
3) do you think you and Billionaire could really win that tag team fight with above mentioned posters you keep going on about?
4) does Olly look like Danny devito

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 01:07 PM
1) what level on cc
2) why did you say ck Bambam and tzora were manginas?
3) do you think you and Billionaire could really win that tag team fight with above mentioned posters you keep going on about?
4) does Olly look like Danny devito

1.) 72.

2.) I didn't. I would have, at the very least, capitalised it. The same goes for the alternative term: Shenis.

3.) Provided enough collapsible chairs were provided, we could beat anyone.

4.) Yes, provided it was Danny Devito wearing the weird suit thing from Bioshock.

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 01:09 PM
What is your CC exit strategy? Do you see yourself calling it quits at some point?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 01:11 PM
What is your CC exit strategy? Do you see yourself calling it quits at some point?

I already have once.

I have quit lots of games I have been addicted to, including Total Anihilation Lader games, and Everquest.

Generally, it happens one of two ways.

1.) Rage quit, and delete.

2.) Simply forget to play, and stop playing by default.

With 1, I will invariably come back. 2 is generally when I quit for keeps.

However, I am, and always will be a casual gamer, power poster.

Dhusagar
01-04-2013, 01:12 PM
This is actually quite easy. Understanding higher dimensions is just a matter of thinking of the differences between two and three dimensions.

Take for example the following question? What could a 4 spacial dimensional being do to you? (Assuming time is the 4th dimension).

You are 3 dimensional, and if you look at what you would look like to a 2 dimensional being, something you can drawn on a sheet of paper, and what you could do to it, you will have your answer.

For further reading:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flatland

I read flatland some years ago. For an interesting read about possible developments on a pulsar, I recommend "dragons egg".

Paulio
01-04-2013, 01:13 PM
What is your favorite:

Food?
Dessert?
Alcoholic Beverage?
Non-alcoholic beverage?
Sexual position?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 01:16 PM
What is your favorite:

Food?
Dessert?
Alcoholic Beverage?
Non-alcoholic beverage?

Food: Pizza.
Dessert: Newyork style Cheesecake.

Seriously, don't mention food, I am like Joey from friends.

Alcoholic Beverage: Hmm, I drink beer most often when I'm out, but the drink I really enjoy is either Pear Cider, or Cheeky Vimto.

Non Alcoholic: I could quite happily spend the rest of my life drinking nothing but coffee, although my kidneys would have something to say about it.

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 01:17 PM
I read flatland some years ago. For an interesting read about possible developments on a pulsar, I recommend "dragons egg".

Brian Green is pretty good. He does a lot of this explanation there, especially when talking about Calabi-Yau Manifolds, which are multi-dimensional shapes that can be used to represent the possible vibration mechanics of strings in N-dimensional space.

Ragmondino
01-04-2013, 01:17 PM
Is it true you have a sense of humour?
Why have you never used it on the forum?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Is it true you have a sense of humour?
Why have you never used it on the forum?

I have a sense of humour. I have never used it here on the forum, as with great power comes great responsibility.

Paulio
01-04-2013, 01:19 PM
Please see my ninja edit to my last post.

Also, it appears that you and I have many things in common, except for your humor and intelligence.

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 01:23 PM
Please see my ninja edit to my last post.

Also, it appears that you and I have many things in common, except for your humor and intelligence.

In answer to your ninja question, probably anything in vegas.

Secondly, if I wanted flattery, I'd buy a Hydraulic Press.

Paulio
01-04-2013, 01:33 PM
Secondly, if I wanted flattery, I'd buy a Hydraulic Press.

How much do those things cost?

Deluxe
01-04-2013, 01:33 PM
What is your IQ? You seem real smart. There are two types of smart: those who retain knowledge/information and those who know how to readily access knowledge/information. Are you as smart as you seem, an off-the-cuff type of genius, or are you just really good at looking things up and still smart enough to regurgitate them while actually seeming to know what you are talking about..?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 01:36 PM
How much do those things cost?

That depends, there are many different types. $200 for a basic, low pressure one.

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 01:41 PM
What is your IQ? You seem real smart. There are two types of smart: those who retain knowledge/information and those who know how to readily access knowledge/information. Are you as smart as you seem, an off-the-cuff type of genius, or are you just really good at looking things up and still smart enough to regurgitate them while actually seeming to know what you are talking about..?

I'm actually a bit of both. I retain information (especially stuff I am interested in) very easily, and am also very very good at being able to look up and discern information if I need to. But most of the stuff I talk about, I actually do know about.

I have never done an IQ test, the ones I have taken are the on-line ones that overstate your intelligence in order for you to buy something for supersmart. I think I have passed this test buy realising it was a scam and giving up.

I'm very good with principles, describing and understanding scientific and other processes, as well as explaining them; but I am not great with the maths behind it. That's probably where my limit is. I would, however, consider myself a good problem solver.

Dhusagar
01-04-2013, 01:44 PM
Have you read either Mathematica or NKS by Wolffram? If so, can you beat a 2-2 Turing machine?

Ripper
01-04-2013, 01:45 PM
If you suddenly found yourself turned into a woman, how would you spend your day?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Have you read either Mathematica or NKS by Wolffram? If so, can you beat a 2-2 Turing machine?

I haven't read any of these, I'm looking into it now though and will let you know ;) I understand what a Turing machine is though :)

Ragmondino
01-04-2013, 01:58 PM
If you suddenly found yourself turned into a woman, how would you spend your day?

Oooh good question.
Bea or Lynn?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 02:28 PM

Probably moaning at something.

Oooh good question.
Bea or Lynn?

Wait? What? I have to chose?

Nicky the Nose
01-04-2013, 02:29 PM
If you write a book titled "How to fail" and no one buys it, is it a success?

Paulio
01-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Around the time you quit CC, you were engaged in a flame war with G-Wiz, which was very funny. Although it was cut short, who do you think was winning?

Ripper
01-04-2013, 02:30 PM
Why do they call it an asteroid when it's outside the hemisphere, but call it a hemorrhoid when it's in your butt?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 02:31 PM
If you write a book titled "How to fail" and no one buys it, is it a success?

Only if it is made from a tree that falls in the forest and there is no one around to here it.

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 02:33 PM
Why do they call it an asteroid when it's outside the hemisphere, but call it a hemorrhoid when it's in your butt?

More to the point, why have you chosen to mention your butt, and astronomical phenomena in the same sentence?

Plux
01-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Ramshutu, explain Defence ;-)

A warning to those on Modern War, My faction is fully aware of the Game Playbooks affecting all 4 games. Restrictions and secret game parameters known only to the very few. Nelson's Victory will cause a mess!

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 02:34 PM
Around the time you quit CC, you were engaged in a flame war with G-Wiz, which was very funny. Although it was cut short, who do you think was winning?

I think both Wiz, and I, especially I, would say that I was winning, BUT the last post he made had marginally less fail than the rest of his posts; so it would have been closer had it continued any further.

Nicky the Nose
01-04-2013, 02:36 PM
After eating, do amphibians have to wait one hour before getting out of the water?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 02:38 PM
Ramshutu, explain Defence ;-)

In non-crime city specific, Defense is defined as The action of protecting from attack.

In Crime City, think of it is a random number generator.

For your attack, you generate a number that can be anything between +/- X % of your own attack. The opposing side generates a number that is anything between +/- X% of his own defense. The one with the higest number wins the fight.

When robbing, the same principle is used, but instead of using ALL your items, only half your inventory items are used to calculate your based defence number. Which explains why you can rob up to twice ish your attack, but you get a lot of red/green when you try it.

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 02:43 PM
After eating, do amphibians have to wait one hour before getting out of the water?

No, but funnily enough neither do humans. The classic theory is that if you swim after eating, because blood is diverted to your gut, you don't have enough blood to power your legs, you get cramp and drown.

Unfortunatley, this is false for a number of reasons:

- Your body has more than enough blood to power everything. The blood doesn't go to your gut and stay there.
- Adrenaline gets released when you exercise, and reverses the gut affects, causing blood to divert to your legs.
- Cramp is painful, but wouldn't be severe enough for you to physical stop swimming. You only see footballer pull up because they are pansies.

Remember swimmers generally load up on carbs and stuff before a big meet to give them a physical boost.

HenryVIII
01-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Heard this the other day. If pro is the opposite of con, is congress the opposite of progress?

Nicky the Nose
01-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Your body has more than enough blood to power everything. The blood doesn't go to your gut and stay there.

If this is true, why do I pass out every time I get an erection?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Heard this the other day. If pro is the opposite of con, is congress the opposite of progress?

The opposite of progress is actually regress.

Pro is latin for "For", but "Con" is actually latin for "With" or "Coming together". as in Converge.

So they are not really opposites.

Con is generally used in these situations as a shortened version of contra. Which is a whole other latin word.

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Before they invented drawing boards, what did they go back to?

Wax and stylus. or Chalk and Rock.

Ragmondino
01-04-2013, 02:54 PM
Yes you must choose.
Can you explain to me what Plux meant?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 02:55 PM

I would probably get that checked out. Unless you mean falling asleep, in which case that is pretty much a hormonal "sleep" response, ironically opposite to the women "awake and talk" response in the same scenario.

Ripper
01-04-2013, 02:56 PM
If you strangle a smurf what color would it turn?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 02:57 PM
Yes you must choose.
Can you explain to me what Plux meant?

I cannot chose, as they are both pillars of awesomeness; whom I would not care to sully with any such lurid, or mysoginistic posting. I would instead retire to my fortress of solitude to ponder thoughtfully what could have been.

I don't know what I mean half the time, so I am not certain I could.

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 03:00 PM
Who would you like to see on the new 10£ note?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 03:00 PM
If you strangle a smurf what color would it turn?

You turn blue as a result of hypoxia, which is a lack of blood to the extremeties, and is generally based on the color of haemoglobin.

Based on their normal color (and the fact that humans are pinky because of the red pigment in their blood and melanin in their skin), there are several options:

1.) A copper or Cobalt based blood would mean that they would likely turn darker blue.

2.) If they have some blue variant of melanin with iron based blood, they will likely just turn dark blue.

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 03:01 PM
Who would you like to see on the new 10£ note?

This:

http://www.tntmagazine.com/image.php/media/content/_master/45245/images/boris-johnson.jpg?file=media%2Fcontent%2F_master%2F45245 %2Fimages%2Fboris-johnson.jpg&width=450

Paulio
01-04-2013, 03:02 PM

HAHA, too funny!

String-Girl
01-04-2013, 03:03 PM
Why do they close an "Add Me Tuesday" Event on a Friday?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 03:05 PM
You turn blue as a result of hypoxia, which is a lack of blood to the extremeties, and is generally based on the color of haemoglobin.

Based on their normal color (and the fact that humans are pinky because of the red pigment in their blood and melanin in their skin), there are several options:

1.) A copper or Cobalt based blood would mean that they would likely turn darker blue.

2.) If they have some blue variant of melanin with iron based blood, they will likely just turn dark blue.

Sorry, this is complete rubbish.

The color change when you turn blue is down to the way light reflects off darker red (non oxygenated blood).

The answer is still "Darker blue".

Smurfs probably life on a diet poluted with molecular silver.

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 03:09 PM
Why do they close an "Add Me Tuesday" Event on a Friday?

For the same reason that the October Revolution happened in November, The Panama hat is from Equador, Catgut cord is made from cattle, the hundred years war lasted 116 years, and the 1994 independant film "Fun", is a drama, and not actually fun at all.

Nicky the Nose
01-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Why do they put Braille dots on the keypad of the drive-up ATM?

Paulio
01-04-2013, 03:14 PM
Who would win in a race - Speedy Gonzales or the Road Runner?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 03:16 PM
Why do they put Braille dots on the keypad of the drive-up ATM?

Keypads are mass produced by manufacturing companies who produce single outdoor models for lifts, doors and in this case, drive throughs. The dots are not put there conciously, but the keypard model they used comes with them in.

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 03:17 PM
Who would win in a race - Speedy Gonzales or the Road Runner?

It would be a dead heat, discernable only by a photo-finish. However, as Wyle-e-coyote would be holding it, all we can say is the end of the race would not go well for the holder of the camera.

Plux
01-04-2013, 03:18 PM
Ramshutu, you are also a pillar of awesomeness, in the same throne room as MXZ. I've said many times defence was much under-rated and with the event of Epic Events the power of some parameters has been lost. All of a sudden, in KA, MW and the MQ this has suddenly become all powerful. Listen to Ramshutu, I certainly do and learn.

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Ramshutu, you are also a pillar of awesomeness, in the same throne room as MXZ. I've said many times defence was much under-rated and with the event of Epic Events the power of some parameters has been lost. All of a sudden, in KA, MW and the MQ this has suddenly become all powerful. Listen to Ramshutu, I certainly do and learn.

Defene in MW and KA works the same way, although there are variations on defence buildings to make it harder to rob given buildings. The main difference for CC defence, is mainly because in CC, you have nothing to lose. No fancy units to lose and the like. Asside from stats, and the occasional easy to replace explosive, it is easy to simply tap repeatedly until you win against a bigger player.

Ragmondino
01-04-2013, 03:20 PM
Chicken.
Tony's condition has absolutely nothing to do with me and chloroform.
But he is probably in the wrong profession as driving hot whores around I would assume meant many an erection while driving.
1) west ham or spurs?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 03:21 PM

I also meant to add

Awww, chucks.

That, and I hope I am not in the same room as MXZ as his concubine.

Paulio
01-04-2013, 03:22 PM
We've had some awesome Crime City analysts over the past 15 or so months. If you had to pick one, past or present, who would you say gets top honors.

Ok, that's a tough one. Choose 3, in no particular order. Why?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 03:22 PM
Chicken.
1) west ham or spurs?

Liverpool.

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 03:23 PM
Smurfs probably life on a diet poluted with molecular silver.

It is a well-documented fact that Smurfs eat Smurfberries. Loss of points here buddy.

Ripper
Why is it only drug dealers and software developers call their clients 'users'?

Ragmondino
Liverpool.

We just signed your best player.

Top 10 forumites

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 03:25 PM
We've had some awesome Crime City analysts over the past 15 or so months. If you had to pick one, past or present, who would you say gets top honors.

Ok, that's a tough one. Choose 3, in no particular order. Why?

Nicholost, mxz and trampstamp.

Nicholost was very good at working through a problem using maths, and mainly looked at the mathematical impact of non-economy related issues.

Trampstamp was more an enabler; he opened the flood gates, but didn't really get to the end of the analysis, imo.

MXZ is definitely the king of the low level mechanic analysis. Mainly because he has wireshark and the geeky will to use it for things it was never really intended for.

Those three would definitely be in my triple tag team of geekery.

There are too many shout-outs to mention, Itzkakarot, whitefrog, and many others have provided significant contributions, but those first three are the ones that stand out to me, thinking about it right now.

Nicky the Nose
01-04-2013, 03:25 PM
Ram, you've been a good sport and answered a lot of questions, some better then others but you have always answered CC questions with the best answer you could, thanks for your input and time in trying to help the CC community

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 03:26 PM
What would be the best way for me to tell String-Girl that I'd like to eat her Tamale's?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 03:27 PM
Why is it only drug dealers and software developers call their clients 'users'?

Because we are all geeks and get to define all the cool words.

- Widget.
- ****le
- and many more.

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 03:28 PM
It is a well-documented fact that Smurfs eat Smurfberries. Loss of points here buddy.

Smurfberries grown in silver rich soil, hence the overwhelming blue color.

Little Tony
01-04-2013, 03:29 PM
Chicken.
Tony's condition has absolutely nothing to do with me and chloroform.
But he is probably in the wrong profession as driving hot whores around I would assume meant many an erection while driving.
1) west ham or spurs?

I was sure Tony's condition is a result of the rope around his neck with the other end tied to a doorknob.

How is ramshuthree playing the game different from ramshutu? Are your stats noticeably different ?

HenryVIII
01-04-2013, 03:31 PM
Sorry if its been asked but, what's your favorite music genre and artist associated.

Paulio
01-04-2013, 03:31 PM
There are too many shout-outs to mention, Itzkakarot, whitefrog, and many others have provided significant contributions, but those first three are the ones that stand out to me, thinking about it right now.

You forgot Dipstik. Without him, nobody would have realized the true value of henchmen.

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 03:32 PM

One of them made a lovely video of herself and sent it to me last night. I think they miss me as I haven't done it in about a month. Pretty much done with it. If anyone wants to see the video, pm me with contact info.

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 03:34 PM
We just signed your best player.

Top 10 forumites

In all honesty, there are probably about 30 people whom if I see they have posted, I will automatically post.

If I had to chose my favorite people, I guess it would have to be the following:

- Joey Cool
- Ragmondio
- mxz
- Paulio
- Nicky The Nose
- Harry Tuttle
- Olly1

These are the names that really cry out as people I view positively, not to say that anyone not on that list is awesome. These are mainly the names I can remember off the top of my head!

Plux
01-04-2013, 03:35 PM
Fantastic thread Ramshutu, the good ol days of 2011's forum is reborn. To all players, make sure above all else, when your buildings are robbed, it's the playing that counts. Don't get angry, abusive or vengeful (avoid creating a negative link) but instead design your Yph with built in expectation of robbery. Set your goals and above all, Build your Key Defensive Buildings. Wiki Crime City will help you see exactly what is actually useful vs what seems useful.

Enjoy playing and set targets, you'll enjoy reaching them!

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 03:36 PM
How is ramshuthree playing the game different from ramshutu? Are your stats noticeably different ?

I'm playing slower, only gaining XP if I need to for some other goal or event. I am spending a little more gold, but not much. So far Ramshuthree's stats are better than Ramshutu's stats were in all departments asside from volume of fights/robs, despite being 60 levels below.

I have also completely ditched what "feels" like the best upgrades, and am using my spreadsheet with a combination of targeted upgrade times, GFI, and "effective IPH" of an upgrade as the sole guide of how to build the economy.

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 03:37 PM
In all honesty, there are probably about 30 people whom if I see they have posted, I will automatically post.

If I had to chose my favorite people, I guess it would have to be the following:

- Joey Cool
- Ragmondio
- mxz
- Paulio
- Nicky The Nose
- Harry Tuttle
- Olly1

These are the names that really cry out as people I view positively, not to say that anyone not on that list is awesome. These are mainly the names I can remember off the top of my head!

Harry Tuttle is awesome.

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 03:41 PM
Biggest regret in your life?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 03:42 PM
Sorry if its been asked but, what's your favorite music genre and artist associated.

I'm into Trance/Chillout music. And by this I mean what was defined as Dance music around 2000; so Cafe Del Mar, Lange, Delerium, Chicane. This style tended to be marginalised in favor of more electro-dance (David Guetta, etc, whom I like, but not that style in general) I am an amateur DJ for it too. I like a bit of hardhouse, but from around the same period. I am very much into the style of music epitomised by Deeper Shades of Euphoria, I and II.

I have a lot of artists, I like, but it is only Royksopp that I will just buy anything they come out with.

My top 5 favorite trance/dance songs are:

5.) Brainchild - Symettry C (Lange Remix)
4.) Terra Firma - The adventures of...
3.) Tillman & Riest - Bassfly (Moogwai Remix)
2.) Vernons Wonderland - Vernons Wonderland (Hiver & Hammer Remix) (Will sell left testicle for a CD/MP3 copy of the 12" mix).
1.) GD - Pukaar (Sassot Remix).

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 03:43 PM
Fantastic thread Ramshutu, the good ol days of 2011's forum is reborn. To all players, make sure above all else, when your buildings are robbed, it's the playing that counts. Don't get angry, abusive or vengeful (avoid creating a negative link) but instead design your Yph with built in expectation of robbery. Set your goals and above all, Build your Key Defensive Buildings. Wiki Crime City will help you see exactly what is actually useful vs what seems useful.

Enjoy playing and set targets, you'll enjoy reaching them!

Saying this, I was considering starting a thread outlining the appropriate strategies, and tactics to fight a Crime city "War".

Ragmondino
Where's mr Tuttle gone?

Paulio
I've got to head out for the remainder of the day, but a big thanks to Ram for this very entertaining thread. Because of it I've been glued to the forum all day, more so than usual, and have accomplished very little at the office. I hope this thread lasts another day.

Ragmondino
01-04-2013, 03:45 PM
One of them made a lovely video of herself and sent it to me last night. I think they miss me as I haven't done it in about a month. Pretty much done with it. If anyone wants to see the video, pm me with contact info.

Why has nobody picked up on this? Is this a serious offer?

Deluxe
01-04-2013, 03:46 PM

If you have a huge Johnson rod then it would steal much of the blood from the rest of your body and that could be causing it

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 03:46 PM
Why has nobody picked up on this? Is this a serious offer?

Yup. The video made my day.

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Biggest regret in your life?

I have a million and one little things in my life, that every time I think of them I simply have to facepalm myself, regardless of what situation I am in. But really, most of my "Bad" decisions have ended up with Good consequences eventually.

I think if I could chose anything, the main thing I really regret is stopping playing Ice Hockey or Street Hockey. Played in Uni, then stopped when I came back. Still got all my stuff including a cup that has been in my bag unwashed for 10 years, and I do NOT want to open.

Nicky the Nose
01-04-2013, 03:53 PM
I have a million and one little things in my life, that every time I think of them I simply have to facepalm myself, regardless of what situation I am in. But really, most of my "Bad" decisions have ended up with Good consequences eventually.

I think if I could chose anything, the main thing I really regret is stopping playing Ice Hockey or Street Hockey. Played in Uni, then stopped when I came back. Still got all my stuff including a cup that has been in my bag unwashed for 10 years, and I do NOT want to open.

TMI, thanks for that image

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 03:59 PM
TMI, thanks for that image

I'm pretty sure it's not the image you have to worry about.

Nicky the Nose
01-04-2013, 04:04 PM
I'm pretty sure it's not the image you have to worry about.

Your probably correct, still I'm glad I don't live near you for this one. Try Lysol spray it may help, then again 10 yrs, it may have moved on its own

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 04:05 PM
Your probably correct, still I'm glad I don't live near you for this one. Try Lysol spray it may help, then again 10 yrs, it may have moved on its own

In retrospect the sweaty padded trousers are probably a birthplace of a new bacteria civilisation.

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 04:05 PM

I would suggest a hazmat team. :)

Why have you ignored my Tamale question?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 04:15 PM
I would suggest a hazmat team. :)

Why have you ignored my Tamale question?

Well, first of all, I wouldn't use the word "Tomales", unless it was actually the Tomales you were interested, in which case the question stands on it's own.

You need to make them feel special, and that you are genuinely interested in them (although there is a time and place for when you're not). but bear in mind there is a fine line between stalker, and making someone feel special.

Reznor
01-04-2013, 04:41 PM
Can you please arrange the following TV shows from what you consider to be best to worst (1 being best, 10 being worst).
In no particular order:
Sons of Anarchy
Dexter
Mad Men
Breaking Bad
American Horror Story
The Walking Dead
Arrow
Game of Thrones
The Secret World of Alex Mack
Boardwalk Empire

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Can you please arrange the following TV shows from what you consider to be best to worst (1 being best, 10 being worst).
In no particular order:
Sons of Anarchy
Dexter
Mad Men
Breaking Bad
American Horror Story
The Walking Dead
Arrow
Game of Thrones
The Secret World of Alex Mack
Boardwalk Empire

I would, but I have only really seen more than 5 minutes of Breaking Bad. Sorry :( Too much time playing Crime City and responding to AMA threads.

Ragmondino
01-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Alex mack was great!!

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 04:57 PM
What do you think would taste better, a panda burger or a manatee salad?

Ripper
01-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Bear meat is actually quite good. If sourced at the right time.

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 05:02 PM

Food tastes better when its endangered.

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 05:02 PM
What do you think would taste better, a panda burger or a manatee salad?

Panda Burger. Because it is a burger.

Ragmondino
01-04-2013, 05:04 PM
1) Do you like men or women?
2) what car do you drive?
3) kill shag marry - dipstick Lupo QPR
4) same as 3 - Nicky the nose, Tony spaghetti, Paulio

Ragmondino
01-04-2013, 05:05 PM

How do you know if it's the right time?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 05:12 PM

1.) Women.
2.) I don't drive.
3.) Depends, do I have to make eye contact?
4.) Same as 3. If yes. All three for all three, but I'm not sure what order.

Ripper
01-04-2013, 05:13 PM
How do you know if it's the right time?

The right time is early spring, when they start to eat vegetation, grass, berries etc. Taste better. Once they switch to fish and meat it`s not that good.

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 05:18 PM
Rag: did you like the video? That's the kind of crap I had to put up with all the time. Lol

Ragmondino
01-04-2013, 05:21 PM
@ripper where the hell you from?
@Tony shhhh now everyone knows :@) I haven't had a chnce to watch it yet. I shall
Let everyone know how good it is though

Ram stop avoiding answering all my questions

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 05:26 PM
@Tony shhhh now everyone knows :@) I haven't had a chnce to watch it yet. I shall

Stop asking slightly maladjusted and if not slightly creepy questions with no right answer asside from "ewwww".

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 05:27 PM
Where have you travelled to and what was your favourite destination?

Ripper
01-04-2013, 05:28 PM

I live in London, but wasn`t born in UK. I did tried bear meat few times when I visited some friends in US, hunters.
Still I prefer pork and chicken.

Ragmondino
01-04-2013, 05:28 PM
I thought that was the whole point of an AMA at 1am!!!

Normal questions get boring. Ones that make you squirm are the best reading material

Ragmondino
01-04-2013, 05:30 PM
Ahhh them crazy Americans. They'll eat anything.
What's your favourite meat?
Christmas or Hanukkah?

Ripper
01-04-2013, 05:41 PM
Christmas or Hanukkah?

Bear meat is nothing. You should try Rocky Mountain Oysters or whatever they called. Got nothing to do with seafood, it`s deep-fried buffalo`s testicles :D

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 05:46 PM
Where have you travelled to and what was your favourite destination?

I have been to the following places, mainly for work, but I've had a lot of time to go out and do stuff.

Stockholm Archipelago - Sweden (Holiday)
Munich - (3x, twice visiting offices, once on a conference, where I drank heavily).
Las Vegas - (Work, but really, work in vegas? )
Columbus Ohio - (Everquest Meet up)
Rome, Italy - (4x Holiday)
India - (4x Work, Bangalore + Delhi).
Wichita - (Work)
France - Holiday
Belgium - Holiday

Favorite place has to be India, has to have some of my favorite "away" memories. Including:

1.) Being driven from Delhi to the Himalayas, at night, and waking up with the taxi you are travelling in driving the wrong way on a duel carriage way.
2.) Running up the stairs in a hotel in the himalays after a few beers, and almost passing out when I reached the top.
3.) In a river boat being rowed by an Indian who said, seriously, "Don't worry, the crocodiles hardly ever attack the boats"
4.) Being able to stay in 4-5 star hotel "suites"! (including one where foreign dignataries have stayed!)

Although sweden is a close second simply because I can say that I have a friend who owns his own Island.

We actually introduce him to outsiders as "Our millionaire swedish playboy"

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 05:47 PM
Christmas or Hanukkah?

Favorite meat. Hmmm. I'm not going to go with the obvious Bacon, or titilate you with suggesting that I prefer sausage.... Nothing beats a Burger.

Christmas at a push. I am more of a Festivus proponent.

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 05:47 PM
I thought that was the whole point of an AMA at 1am!!!

Normal questions get boring. Ones that make you squirm are the best reading material

Nah, I'm not drunk yet. Get me toasted and we could get pretty weird here.

Ragmondino
01-04-2013, 05:53 PM
Reminder to self, if we ever do another London meet, gt ram toasted and he gets weird.

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Reminder to self, if we ever do another London meet, gt ram toasted and he gets weird.

I remember meeting up with a friend in London because he was turning up REALLY early to a party we were going to in Welwyn Garden City.

We got there at 1pm, started of in the Euston Flyer and went all over the place. I remember turning up at the party at 11pm, and I have no idea how we managed to get there.

The only thing I really remember is daring my friend to go up to this massive guy with a beard and glasses and say "Shoulda gone to specsavers", and him being sick in the toilet at the party after a cocktail that had every sort of alcohol known to man in it. Including bits of gold floating in it.

String-Girl
01-04-2013, 06:00 PM
Speaking of stalkers, your advice has helped out greatly and I seem to have shaken most of them, but lately I've been getting hit by a player named, "NoSoup4You!" who only robs my French Restaurants----Leaving everything else, even Buildings with obviously more value.

Is that Funny or what!?!?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 06:02 PM
Speaking of stalkers, your advice has helped out greatly and I seem to have shaken most of them, but lately I've been getting hit by a player named, "NoSoup4You!" who only robs my French Restaurants----Leaving everything else, even Buildings with obviously more value.

That is actually pretty awesome!

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 06:02 PM

Wait, did I help with the stalkers? No idea how if I did!

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 06:04 PM
Fuzzy just asked me "Are you the troll from the forum?"

Do you consider me a troll?

Joeycool
01-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 06:12 PM
Fuzzy just asked me "Are you the troll from the forum?"

Do you consider me a troll?

There are several gradations of trollingness. You are no Dipstik, but you are no Billionaire either. You are some weird hybrid, stuck in the shady netherworld of inbetweeningness.

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 06:13 PM
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Well, I've been to Leeds.

Hero of Time
01-04-2013, 06:14 PM
What is the idea of Inception?

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 06:15 PM
Well, it's a quarter after two, and I think it's time for bed.

I intend to pick this up in the morning and continue for as long as it continues to amuse me :)

Ramshutu
01-04-2013, 06:16 PM
What is the idea of Inception?

The point of inception is for someone to find out that the point of inception is for someone to find that the point of inception is for someone to find that the point of inception has something to do with dreaming.

Hero of Time
01-04-2013, 06:17 PM
The point of inception is for someone to find out that the point of inception is for someone to find that the point of inception is for someone to find that the point of inception has something to do with dreaming.

You're on the right track.

Joeycool
01-04-2013, 06:18 PM
Do you like what mechanics wear... overall?

String-Girl
01-04-2013, 06:32 PM
Mainly by helping explain the mechanics of the game, the value of the right kind of defense, having no more mafia than you can properly equip, Level or Camp to get away, stuff like that. I was really getting bummed at one point, taking it WAY to seriously, and was this close to selling everything, taking my ball and going home, yelling "Rob Me Now! I Got Nothing!!!!..." It took a while, but you and several others here helped me get my game back on track, and I just wanted to say Thanks for everything, this thread, too!

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 06:35 PM
Mainly by helping explain the mechanics of the game, the value of the right kind of defense, having no more mafia than you can properly equip, Level or Camp to get away, stuff like that. I was really getting bummed at one point, taking it WAY to seriously, and was this close to selling everything, taking my ball and going home, yelling "Rob Me Now! I Got Nothing!!!!..." It took a while, but you and several others here helped me get my game back on track, and I just wanted to say Thanks for everything, this thread, too!

Please have my babies. <3

Edit: Its pretty rare to find any people who are a)appreciative of others and b)decent enough to come out and show their appreciation. Whether you like it or not, you just scored some points in my book.

Abe Froman
01-04-2013, 06:35 PM

I saw her first!

Tomatoneverdie
01-04-2013, 07:57 PM
How many fingers am I holding up now?

Nicky the Nose
01-04-2013, 08:00 PM
String-Girl run

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 08:02 PM
String-Girl run

It's a match made in heaven. Spaghetti is edible string. Lol

Tomatoneverdie
01-04-2013, 08:05 PM

Guys, based on her previous posts, I suspect that she is actually that girl on her profile picture, aka, Psycho Girlfriend....

Y'all should be ones running, not her....

Nicky the Nose
01-04-2013, 08:06 PM

Now what have I ever done to you to deserve being killed, shagged, or married... did the marriage thing once think I'll try death this time. It's really the same thing but hurts less

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Now what have I ever done to you to deserve being killed, shagged, or married... did the marriage thing once think I'll try death this time. It's really the same thing but hurts less

Cheaper too. :)

Nicky the Nose
01-04-2013, 08:11 PM
Cheaper too. :)

Yeah you got that right

Nicky the Nose
01-04-2013, 08:17 PM
So is it string spaghetti or frayed knot?

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 08:20 PM
So is it string spaghetti or frayed knot?

I'm afraid not. Lol

Nicky the Nose
01-04-2013, 08:31 PM
Was just reading last few pages of Hero of times Apparently thread, to funny, was laughing so hard I'm crying, people were starring.

Page six is the bomb

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 08:36 PM
Was just reading last few pages of Hero of times Apparently thread, to funny, was laughing so hard I'm crying, people were starring.

Page six is the bomb

Yeah I know, I was cracking up most of this evening on here. That thread is actually what made me post in the Announcements section. :)

Dipstik
01-04-2013, 08:54 PM
Guys, based on her previous posts, I suspect that she is actually that girl on her profile picture, aka, Psycho Girlfriend....

Y'all should be ones running, not her....

I thought that was the same person. I fully expected her to an hero that night.

Hero of Time
01-04-2013, 09:22 PM
Yeah I know, I was cracking up most of this evening on here. That thread is actually what made me post in the Announcements section. :)

That was a good thread. I was cracking up at that one guy not knowing it was a joke.

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 09:30 PM
That was a good thread. I was cracking up at that one guy not knowing it was a joke.

Which one guy?

Jian Carlo
01-04-2013, 09:33 PM
What's your favourite season in the UK. I don't have any, other than a wet season.

Hero of Time
01-04-2013, 09:38 PM
Which one guy?

Bubba.....

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 09:41 PM
Bubba.....

That wasn't a joke. Look at his other posts.

Hero of Time
01-04-2013, 09:49 PM
That wasn't a joke. Look at his other posts.

No I'm not saying that his situation was a joke, I'm saying that he didn't know you were joking.

TonySpaghetti
01-04-2013, 09:50 PM
No I'm not saying that his situation was a joke, I'm saying that he didn't know you were joking.

Who said I was joking? ;)

Dhusagar
01-04-2013, 11:55 PM
Do you believe yourself capable of using e-prime in all your posts for the rest of the month?

Ragmondino
01-05-2013, 01:58 AM
I think he means dippy was joking.
Nicky what's wrong with being shagged? She could ride your brains out.
Tony: rule 1. There are no girls on the internet. That video was cool. I like the fact it's at the side if the road. And she looks hot.

Ram: what shall I have for breakfast?

Ramshutu
01-05-2013, 03:36 AM
What's your favourite season in the UK. I don't have any, other than a wet season.

To be honest its the same here! Winters probably my favorite though as sometimes the rain freezes

Ramshutu
01-05-2013, 03:37 AM
Tony: rule 1. There are no girls on the internet. That video was cool. I like the fact it's at the side if the road. And she looks hot.

Full English

Ramshutu
01-05-2013, 03:59 AM
Do you believe yourself capable of using e-prime in all your posts for the rest of the month?

I would find it possible to write in e prime. However, I find it a bit boring, as anything that reduces your ability to play with words can't be good.

For example the phrase "dhusagar is being annoying" should be phrased as "Dhusagar has become annoying" or something similar. I need to put effort into that.

The problem becomes, that Eprime can make it easier to distinguish opinion vs statement of fact. I cannot see the difference when I speak :)

dads
01-05-2013, 04:04 AM
What's with this this guys hood its lit up like a Xmas tree every building ready to collect yet each time I tried robbing I get the this can't be robbed its allready looted screen what's the deal?

Dhusagar
01-05-2013, 04:07 AM
I would find it possible to write in e prime. However, I find it a bit boring, as anything that reduces your ability to play with words can't be good.

For example the phrase "dhusagar is being annoying" should be phrased as "Dhusagar has become annoying" or something similar. I need to put effort into that.

The problem becomes, that Eprime can make it easier to distinguish opinion vs statement of fact. I cannot see the difference when I speak :)

Not a bad attempt

Try "Dhusagar annoys me" - "being and become" provide examples of e-prime.

Ramshutu
01-05-2013, 04:09 AM
What's with this this guys hood is lit up like a Xmas tree every building ready to collect yet each time I tried robbing I get the this can't be robbed its allready looted screen what's the deal?

The images saying whether a building can be robbed is decided when you load their hood and ONLY cleared if you rob the building twice.

If you load their hood, and before you rob their buildings the person collects all their buildings, this is what you'll see.

Generally speaking, and mxz will probablu correct me, the server does not push data to you, the actions you perform will pull data from the server, so dynamic updates from actions in the rest of the game will not immediately show up for you. Like robberies and attacks on you, or people collecting while you are viewing their hood.

Final decisions on things like this are only made when you ask the server to do something, at which point, it will decide whether it's valid or not.

Ramshutu
01-05-2013, 04:13 AM
Not a bad attempt

Try "Dhusagar annoys me" - "being and become" provide examples of e-prime.

The use of language is an art. It doesn't matter whether you use real words, sometimes the structure, scan and feel of the words do the work for you.

Why use a paint roller when you can use 100 different coloured felt tip pens and go outside the lines, *******it.

Jian Carlo
01-05-2013, 04:15 AM
In te early days of the game and forum, who did you most respect?

Ramshutu
01-05-2013, 04:27 AM
In te early days of the game and forum, who did you most respect?

Hmm, good question, I think Trampstamp, Syn or allhaildiscordia are the ones I can remember!

TonySpaghetti
01-05-2013, 07:19 AM

Yeah, she is hot. She would constantly show up for work wearing a coat and nothing else, then stand in front of my car and flash me. She's hilarious.

Nicky the Nose
01-05-2013, 08:26 AM

Raggy you were asking Ram if he would kill, shag, or marry me. Sorry, he is not my type, and I'm not his for that matter. It's not like you prefer blondes but can over look that for a hot brunette. Being able to grow a mustache or a full beard is not something I look for in a partner

Ragmondino
01-05-2013, 08:36 AM
Haha sorry Nicky. You never know these days.

Nicky the Nose
01-05-2013, 08:55 AM
Haha sorry Nicky. You never know these days.

No problem bud, back to Ram. Sorry to hijack thread Ram

Ragmondino
01-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Yes, quick find a question.
Ford Capri or ford cortina?

Ramshutu
01-05-2013, 09:01 AM
Yes, quick find a question.
Ford Capri or ford cortina?

Capri looks nicer; but my mum had a horse poop brown ford Cortina estate when I was a kid, so it'll have to be that. That thing was so rusty you ran the risk of being like the flintstones if you tried tapping your feet to music.

Ramshutu
01-05-2013, 09:02 AM
No problem bud, back to Ram. Sorry to hijack thread Ram

http://lolsnaps.com/upload_pic/YouWillBeSorry-85028.jpg

TZora
01-05-2013, 09:08 AM
So go ahead, ask me anything; including any maths or science problems you have! I dig science problems.

A Chufty Badges will be awarded to the best question (Google "What is a chufty badge", if you are unsure how this will be helpful to you).
Any chances that GREE will offer a vault of gold for $20?

Abe Froman
01-05-2013, 09:09 AM
Next question is a 2-parter:

A) Do you think Jokim was Santa.

B) Do you care.

Nicky the Nose
01-05-2013, 09:26 AM
http://lolsnaps.com/upload_pic/YouWillBeSorry-85028.jpg

Ohh this is gonna leave a mark

Nicky the Nose
01-05-2013, 09:29 AM
Why do they sterilize needles for lethal injections?

Ripper
01-05-2013, 10:01 AM

About as much as pigs will start to fly.

Ripper
01-05-2013, 10:02 AM

You don`t want to get sepsis in afterlife.

Ramshutu
01-05-2013, 11:04 AM

Only after they have given Bobb Crachett a raise, after being visited by the Ghost of Mobile Apps past, present and future.

Next question is a 2-parter:

A) Do you think Jokim was Santa.

B) Do you care.

A.) This maybe a suprise, but Santa isn't actually real!

b.) No, not really. The only reason I would care in the slightest, is that it annoys QPR.

If a prisoner lives through an execution, they automatically get a reprieve (As it is obviously Gods will). If they survive, and get an infection, they could sue.

Indian bong
01-05-2013, 11:35 AM
Confused over the concept of consumable Explosives .

1> Can they raise ur stats permanently like other weapons,when they say its been consumed or those numbers are just delusional and they are up only till u have those explosives in ur inventory . .

2> what the difference between loosing an explosive and explosive getting consumed during fights . .

Ramshutu
01-05-2013, 11:41 AM
Confused over the concept of consumable Explosives .

1> Can they raise ur stats permanently like other weapons,when they say its been consumed or those numbers are just delusional and they are up only till u have those explosives in ur inventory . .

2> what the difference between loosing an explosive and explosive getting consumed during fights . .

1.) All items raise your stats permanently.

2.) When you attack or rob, or are attacked and robbed, you have a chance of losing the explosives, this is what they mean by "Consumable" in that you can lose them in a fight.

- Generally speaking, you only loose explosives if you need them in order to win the fight, or at least have a much, much lower consume rate. So if you have 10,000 atk higher than the oponents 5000 def, and have 1000 atk worth of explosives, you will generally not lose any.

TonySpaghetti
01-05-2013, 11:45 AM

What??? I thought consumables only raise your stats while you still have them.

Ramshutu
01-05-2013, 11:52 AM
What??? I thought consumables only raise your stats while you still have them.

That's what I mean, I mean they always count as long as yo had them

HenryVIII
01-05-2013, 11:55 AM

2.) When you attack or rob, or are attacked and robbed, you have a chance of losing the explosives, this is what they mean by "Consumable" in that you can lose them in a fight.

- Generally speaking, you only loose explosives if you need them in order to win the fight, or at least have a much, much lower consume rate. So if you have 10,000 atk higher than the oponents 5000 def, and have 1000 atk worth of explosives, you will generally not lose any.

I partly agree with you. My example. I had greater than 80k/65k a/d with the explosives at level 58. This was around 40k a/d without. Anyway, I was being targeted by someone soley for the purpose to eliminate them. He only had about 13k attack. I won every rob attempt, but still lost explosives.

So even with the robs being half defense stats, I still had much greater stats without explosives than he did.

Nicky the Nose
01-05-2013, 12:07 PM
Knowing what you do now, what if anything would you change in your game

Ramshutu
01-05-2013, 12:14 PM
Knowing what you do now, what if anything would you change in your game

My current ingame name is Ramshuthree; I may change it back to Ramshutu.

I see no reason to change it, because unlike a number of other names out there Ramshutu is, for the moment, unique. You can tell my hood because everything is ordered in pairs by collection cycle. :P

There aren't many things you can trade off in this game, but Reputation is one. The name is worth Gold if you use it properly, provided you try and make sure you don't wind up people who don't have a sense of humour :)

Ramshutu
01-05-2013, 12:15 PM
I partly agree with you. My example. I had greater than 80k/65k a/d with the explosives at level 58. This was around 40k a/d without. Anyway, I was being targeted by someone soley for the purpose to eliminate them. He only had about 13k attack. I won every rob attempt, but still lost explosives.

So even with the robs being half defense stats, I still had much greater stats without explosives than he did.

I think it's true for attacking someone, but not so much for being attacked.

TonySpaghetti
01-05-2013, 12:20 PM
If you were wearing a nice suit and had to kill somebody, what would be your weapon of choice?

Ramshutu
01-05-2013, 12:21 PM
If you were wearing a nice suit and had to kill somebody, what would be your weapon of choice?

Poison blow darts.

CodeX777
01-05-2013, 12:23 PM
Is there a 6th tier?? I asked The Billionaire to make one but I guess he forgot... But is there?
This was off the Ramon Escobar boss event. This person had multiple quantities of each armor.
Tier 1: Military Surplus Armor 79/86
Tier 2: Rough trade armor 91/107
Tier 3: Anti ballistic armor 99/121
Tier 4: Pusher Armor 114/128
Tier 5: Trafficker armor 125/135
Tier 6?: Colombian defender 128/158

SiennaSharpe
01-05-2013, 12:24 PM
1(a) - The island that your friend owns, is it super creepy like the one the guy owned in Skyfall?
1(b) - If so, is he a scheming wanna-be super villain?
2 - If Gree turned you into an Epic Boss, what would your rare items be?
3 - Are the Spice Girls really as big of a deal in the UK as they seemed to be during the Olympics?

Ramshutu
01-05-2013, 12:32 PM
1(a) - The island that your friend owns, is it super creepy like the one the guy owned in Skyfall?
1(b) - If so, is he a scheming wanna-be super villain?
2 - If Gree turned you into an Epic Boss, what would your rare items be?
3 - Are the Spice Girls really as big of a deal in the UK as they seemed to be during the Olympics?

1.a) No, unfortunatley not. However, there was a hot tub that could possibly have been a secret missile silo and so many mosquitos that if you were out past dark they would carry off small children.

2.b) I'm going to tell him that, If you actually knew the guy, you would realise the comedy of that statement. As this is not me, I would prefer not saying. I will just say he is beyond awesome :).

2.) Melee: Wit Rapier; Armour: Straight Jacket; Explosive : That curry that you had last night from the fridge that looked as if it had been okay, but had probably been out a little too long.

3.) No. Really No. We sometimes remember their name. Remember children, todays craze is tommorows facepalm.

OneHoop
01-05-2013, 12:35 PM
how many forum posts until we can start our own threads?

Ramshutu
01-05-2013, 12:45 PM
Is there a 6th tier?? I asked The Billionaire to make one but I guess he forgot... But is there?
This was off the Ramon Escobar boss event. This person had multiple quantities of each armor.
Tier 1: Military Surplus Armor 79/86
Tier 2: Rough trade armor 91/107
Tier 3: Anti ballistic armor 99/121
Tier 4: Pusher Armor 114/128
Tier 5: Trafficker armor 125/135
Tier 6?: Colombian defender 128/158

I honestly don't know. Its difficult to show at my level.

Ramshutu
01-05-2013, 12:46 PM

Don't know. I think its less than 10 though. It maybe 5!

Abe Froman
01-05-2013, 01:13 PM
A.) This maybe a suprise, but Santa isn't actually real!

Darn you, you dodged the question. Now you will be on Hero of Time's naughty list.

Nicky the Nose
01-05-2013, 01:14 PM

Ten (10)

extras