PDA

View Full Version : Stories Behind Your MW In-Game/Forum Names:

King Mark
01-03-2013, 07:33 PM
I've seen strange in-game names around. From really nice & cool ones, superheroes, ordinary to explicit names.

Me, Kings/Leaders have always fascinated me (Good & bad ways). Perhaps "Civilization" game has also influenced me (One of my favorite games to play), wherein I either use King Mark or President Mark as my name LOL! :D

I'm sure you guys have some good, funny or weird explanation to your names. So what's your story behind your in-game/forum names in MW?

King little fruit fly
01-03-2013, 07:40 PM
My forum and in game name are the same, and I have to change mine from jxxxxxxx to this since the evil CCMark banned me for quoting jay-the-robber's pictures. My LLF name was given to me by Pirate Justice here or lord the pirate I forgot who posted on the wall. ;)

Hero of Time
01-03-2013, 08:00 PM
My in-game name is Joaquim because that's my real name.

Kudu22
01-03-2013, 08:50 PM
Went to Africa to check off hunting Kudu from my list of animals to hunt. Spent 19 days looking for my trophy book kudu in Namibia. I have hunted all over the world but a kudu was a fascination to hunt and got it done.

Durt McGurt
01-04-2013, 10:17 AM
One of the aliases of ODB from Wu-Tang

Fl@sh
01-04-2013, 10:20 AM
I like Fl@shing people.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-04-2013, 11:02 AM
I use meaningless names to play a meaningless game.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-04-2013, 11:04 AM
My forum and in game name are the same, and I have to change mine from jxxxxxxx to this since the evil CCMark banned me for quoting jay-the-robber's pictures. My LLF name was given to me by Pirate Justice here or lord the pirate I forgot who posted on the wall. ;)

I want my best friend JEFFREY to return.

Alas, he is gone, banished.

I feel so empty without the GREAT COMIC JEFFREY.

GREAT COMIC JEFFREY could be your new name????

Captain Steelman
01-04-2013, 11:08 AM
I use big letters so everybody can see how off topic I am and how meaningless my post is...

boardgames rule
01-04-2013, 11:37 AM
I love boardgames.

Jay40
01-04-2013, 11:42 AM
I drink a nice cold 40oz of beer while I slay my rivals... oh and my names Jay

Chuck Nuts
01-04-2013, 11:45 AM
My game name and forum name are both Chuck Nuts.

My 2yr old daughter cannot remember how to say chipmunk or squirrel, but for some reason she started calling them "chucknuts" whenever she sees one because she remembers that they eat nuts.

I get a chuckle whenever she points at a chipmunk in the park and calls it a chucknuts. Plus the name gives me a good excuse to say "nuts", which I think that we can all agree is just good old-fashioned fun for the whole family.

Ph4ntom Stranger
01-04-2013, 12:32 PM
My game name and forum name are both Chuck Nuts.

My 2yr old daughter cannot remember how to say chipmunk or squirrel, but for some reason she started calling them "chucknuts" whenever she sees one because she remembers that they eat nuts.

I get a chuckle whenever she points at a chipmunk in the park and calls it a chucknuts. Plus the name gives me a good excuse to say "nuts", which I think that we can all agree is just good old-fashioned fun for the whole family.

Lol that's good stuff Chuck. Kiddos come up with names we find hilarious. Good times!

SuperSonic Chimp
01-04-2013, 01:41 PM
In game name:Capt'n N*ts*cks.......loooooooong story! ;-) Pun intended

Forum Name:Supersonic Chimp......A nickname from college from my "white friends" and yes...I used to could run pretty damn fast.

Faction Name:(For sh*ts and giggles) Strength&Honor....because Gladiator is the baddest movie of all time!

Captain Steelman
01-04-2013, 01:46 PM
My first ever online game was Delta Force - 98 from Nova Logic. A first-person shooter game. My last name translates from Swedish to English, Steelman. I felt to add a rank to my name and Captian wasnīt to much so therefore the in game name was "Captain Steelman" and has been so ever since... Atleast with war games... If we have some Counter-Strike players around here Iīve been on that battlefield for 10+ years....

Otherwise itīs only "Steelman" like in CC....

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-04-2013, 07:53 PM
I like to use BIG letters.

Why?

Because...

Sugarymama
01-04-2013, 08:48 PM
I use big letters so everybody can see how off topic I am and how meaningless my post is...

But when you respond/react to it, it just fuels the fire...lol. Some things you just gotta let go...

Tenspot
01-04-2013, 09:15 PM
My first ever online game was Delta Force - 98 from Nova Logic. A first-person shooter game. My last name translates from Swedish to English, Steelman. I felt to add a rank to my name and Captian wasnīt to much so therefore the in game name was "Captain Steelman" and has been so ever since... Atleast with war games... If we have some Counter-Strike players around here Iīve been on that battlefield for 10+ years....

Otherwise itīs only "Steelman" like in CC....

I loved Delta Force. Their version of capture the flag was always my favorite. I was Wujedi then cause I loved Wu-Tang Clan and Jedis were bada$$ before George Lucas destroyed Star Wars. Now I'm Tenspot here and in all my games, a nickname given to me by my coworkers as a play on my last name.

Captain Steelman
01-05-2013, 03:01 AM
But when you respond/react to it, it just fuels the fire...lol. Some things you just gotta let go...

Your wisdom is overwhelming.... I will ignore crap posts in the future... Thx for making me a better forum participant.

qqqq
01-05-2013, 05:40 AM
I simply tapped four times the first letter high left on the keyboard, then I realized what 4Q stands for in english 😝

ohgreatitsryan
01-06-2013, 12:14 AM
In-game name: Ginger, I played rugby in college and my position was hooker, so during initiation/hazing/skits first year, some guys called me "Ginger" as my hooker name...and I started using it for pretty much everything.
Forum name: Ohgreatitsryan. My name is ryan and people are usually very happy, or very depressed to see me.

Ascent
01-06-2013, 04:40 AM
Ascent, as in overcoming my human animal nature :D

El Cid
01-06-2013, 05:33 AM
EL Cid is the name of my first Dungeons & Dragons character. I played with him for several years. He was an Elven Archer.
Kept that name for every game I played after.

amir1974
01-08-2013, 04:15 AM
well , Amir is my name and i was born in 1974 :)
i use to play counter strike source and world of warcraft and i have the same nick there too

mickymacirl
01-08-2013, 04:44 AM
I've been known as Micky Mac since I was 6.

Dutchie
01-08-2013, 04:55 AM
Simples!

I'm a Dutchman living in England and friends call me Dutchie or Dutchess. :)

Force10JC
01-08-2013, 05:44 AM
Lots could be interpreted from my game name (which is the same as my screen name). The obvious one is the Star Wars force followed closely by the movie Force Ten From Navarone but both of those would be wrong. The name comes from the song Force Ten by Rush. If you know the lyrics you know that Geddy, Alex, and Neil are talking about a "storm of life".

BostonHammer
01-08-2013, 07:13 AM
I now live in the Boston (USA) area and I'm a West Ham United fan (the Hammers). Most of my in game names are Hammer related, my other MW account is Hammer1895. COYI.

Sandukan
01-08-2013, 07:25 AM
I now live in the Boston (USA) area and I'm a West Ham United fan (the Hammers). Most of my in game names are Hammer related, my other MW account is Hammer1895. COYI.

West Ham not doing badly this year. Carlton Cole seems rejuvenate and Joe Cole was brilliant against United. Bench is light though so any key injury and you are right in the relegation battle. I am a Wanderers fan so the pain of relegation is still fresh.

bushobama
01-08-2013, 08:39 AM
...............irony.............

King Mark
07-29-2013, 09:25 AM
Bumping this for the new players this past 7 months haha!

simpleman
07-29-2013, 09:30 AM
I thought it may resolve my gender issues :confused:

http://i38.servimg.com/u/f38/13/53/15/30/simple10.jpg

Thief
07-29-2013, 09:37 AM
Thief:
After one of my favorite PC games: Thief deadly shadows
Also when i play RPG's i tend to really enjoy a good Thief character.
Also i steal everyones money when they aren't looking (okay well that one isn't true)

Normnutman
07-29-2013, 09:41 AM
I love to hunt and when I film it, I use the production name "death from above" which is my in game name. Normnutman (forum name) is a trivia toy I have at home and no one ever seems to have that as a forum ID so i use it everywhere.

13Stalker
07-29-2013, 10:57 AM
Not my Hobby... Stalker was my very first GI Joe action figure. African American Army Ranger. His gun was an 11-80 Pulverizer. I thought that was the coolest gun name ever when I was 9. I still have the guy and the gun!

SPWD
07-29-2013, 12:53 PM
My initials, now guess what my names are lol

Adm.J
07-29-2013, 01:01 PM
My in game name. Admiral with my first name initial.

RedRoom
07-29-2013, 02:36 PM
Back in the old days of huge computers, my "Computer room" was painted red...

Mastert55
07-29-2013, 03:45 PM
i use big letters so everybody can see how off topic i am and how meaningless my post is...

lmfaoooooo

Mastert55
07-29-2013, 03:48 PM
Did PIRATE JUSTICE just get banned again?
Also, I love this forum, i just sit back and watch everyone make fun of each other. Anyone want popcorn? ;)

Mcdoc
07-29-2013, 04:49 PM

I still have him on ignore - so even after he has faded into the night - I still don't have to be annoyed by the poop he left behind.

Now comes Poop to comment on how I slipped poop into my post - LoL

Urbz
07-29-2013, 04:56 PM
Forum name and I game name the same Urbz
Played quake arena 3 ...under o2k/urban ...baddest quake clan in 1.16 ...leader(cofounder)...name got stuck in all games played ...shortend down to Urbz .

Speed ump
07-29-2013, 09:58 PM
I race motorcycles. I crashed. Another rider ran over me and crashed. My friends called me speedbump after that. Spell wrong changed that to speed ump somehow, and I did not notice until too late.

MoD
07-29-2013, 11:34 PM
lol speed ump. i always wondered how many names have been spelled wrong on error.

mine, MoD (in game and forum) is the abbreviation of Master of Disaster (pretty obvious, huh?). a nick i got in work 20 years ago for i don't know what reason. though it has never used since i felt it fitting, since no real good name crossed my mind when i had to hastily find one when starting the game.

JohnnyR
07-30-2013, 12:34 AM
John's my name, and JohnnyR just sounds cool.

JohnStriderofDoom is my heavy metal name, bestowed upon me at the mouth of a volcano as I decimated my opponents one by one.

:)

Thunder Child
07-30-2013, 12:37 AM
Thunder Child across the board.........

Why?

"It does exactly what it says on the tin"

Tito89
07-30-2013, 02:01 AM
Me, Tito is my last name and 89 has been my favorite number like forever (dunno y, i just like it)

dbznumber1
07-30-2013, 02:13 AM
dbz is Dragon Ball Z, a show i started watching in my early teens and in my opinion is the number 1 best anime of all time.
My in game name is Delta Squad. I was watching a war movie at the time(Black Hawk Down) and it had the Delta Force in it. I changed force to squad because I didnt want to be named after a Chuck Norris Movie.