PDA

View Full Version : NOOB Question on Attack Density

Wufnu
01-03-2013, 09:45 AM
I just started this game about a month ago. I was at level 40 before I knew it but only had an A/D of approx 3000/4000 and only generating about 12K an hour. What I was doing wrong from what I can see was too much raiding and not enough building. I have 1700 raids and 1000 missions completed. This leveled me up very fast but resulted in my being grouped with a bunch of people with MUCH higher stats who are able to raid me at will.

I started reading the forum posts carefully and saw that the only was out of this situation was a "partial turtling" strategy. No raiding and no missions is just too boring and too slow.

So I held off on the raiding as I noticed it's really not profitable unless you are at least 2X your opponent in A/D. I started building my economy but still doing missions to generate more money.

I'm now at 6600/7700 with 50k IPH. Level 47 with max allies and 1290 units.

So my question is this: I have a LOT of the lower level units but just a few high ones. Does the game start with your highest level units and count down from there to figure the battle outcome? Because it looks like I now never lose the light gunners, trucks, etc unless I do a mission that requires them. So should I figure out where the game stops counting the units and add only units that are above that point?

Thanks gang!

Selfproclaimed
01-03-2013, 09:54 AM
Each level allows you to bring 5 allies to battle. Each Allie allows you to bring 4 units. I don't know how much you leveled up since lvl 40 . But to give you an example. At lvl 40 ,the max allies your taking with you to battle is 200. Each allies allows 4 additional units. So that'll be 800 units total that you would be bringing to battle. Its your best units, so your best 800. So if you bought 5000 light gunners, you just wasted alot of money. Hope this helps.

Doc Rumpies
01-03-2013, 10:31 AM
Since Selfproclaimed already answered your question, as a fellow level 47 I'll just give you some hopefully helpful advice.

If you're getting beat up on, the first thing you want to do is up your defense in order to protect cash (if you go over vault) and your money buildings. As you don't want to camp, I would recommend dropping allies. Your A/D is pretty bad for max allies, I would recommend dropping down to maybe 100 (or less) allies until you get some decent defensive units. Medics are pretty cheap 10D units at 18k each, or you can go for ambulances or global hawk drones, which will give you 18D and 15D respectively, but cost much more than medics.

As for your economy, I would recommend focusing on 12/24/48 hour buildings as you can maximize your collections, especially since your shorter payout buildings are probably getting raided. It depends how often you log on, if you check a couple of times every hour, it might be better in the short term to upgrade your buildings with a quicker payout.

albeezy
01-03-2013, 11:08 AM
dont forget to max your vault and boost buildings. drop $20 and get a composites

Poopenshire
01-03-2013, 11:37 AM
or if you go all gold army you don't need any boosts or composites becuase if you don't win a fight you don't lose either becuase your all gold.

whiskeybravo
01-03-2013, 12:45 PM
or if you go all gold army you don't need any boosts or composites becuase if you don't win a fight you don't lose either becuase your all gold.

A wise, yet "slightly" expensive strategy. :)

dads
01-03-2013, 01:39 PM
Alou Selfproclaimed have you really good advise,I think what he ment got missed,sounds like he's asking what units are being brought into battle once they buy more expensive units.

Also if they should concentrate buying more expensive units instead of buying light gunners ect
As he's noticed he's not loseing the trucks & light gunner units scince he brought better ones.

Wufnu
01-03-2013, 03:14 PM
Exactly Dad. I'm just letting the lower units attrite themselves and not buying any more of them. They don't hurt anything, just useless baggage. I'm doing all you guys are saying so I should be OK. I'm not getting hammered really as I haven't upgraded the really juicy targets like the market and munitions stockpile.

I max update vault as soon as it finishes the last update, expand as often as I can and buying money buildings as much as I can. It's paying off but it's going to be a squeaker as the higher I get the more of a tgt I'm going to be.

I've spent some money on gold units but no way am I going to spend enough to outfit an entire army! I figure a person should spend about $20 a month if he/she enjoys the game. Like I said in another thread; if I wanted to drop that kind of cash I could buy a hot new gaming pc, hotas setup and go back to flying slight sims.

I'm using the toolkit but haven't figured out what my A/D density is yet. Does anyone have a good number for it? I don't suppose it's hard to figure out if you look at an opponents (or your own) profile you can simply divide his A/D by his units?

albeezy
01-03-2013, 03:25 PM
You take X number of units (based on ally count * 4) with the highest attack stat to battle when attacking. If you have 10 allies you bring 40 units to battle. If you have 50 light gunners and 10 stealth bombers, you will bring the 10 stealth bombers to battle and then 30 light gunners.

When defending you would take X number of units (based on ally count * 4) with the highest defense stat to battle.

I may be wrong on this, but isnt density mass divided by volume? LOL

Wufnu
01-06-2013, 07:38 PM
LOL... Beez you do remember your physics correctly and you have it right. I started inputing all my units into the toolbox and figured it was too time consuming when you could do it faster just using a calculator. But 99% of the time you can just have a look at the other guys units and get a good idea whether or not to attack.

What I do like about this game is the unknown factors thrown in. Like I have no idea how many skill points someone has put into defense. The other night I raided a guy that had like 1600 defense against my 8000 offense yet I lost a Leopard Tank, 2 APC's and a Bradley! He had a really high value tgt so I hit him 2 more times and didn't take near the losses I did on the first one but it just goes to show you never know in this game. Also goes to show raiding is really not a good strategy when you're playing catch-up like I am.

albeezy
01-07-2013, 08:19 AM
LOL... Beez you do remember your physics correctly and you have it right. I started inputing all my units into the toolbox and figured it was too time consuming when you could do it faster just using a calculator. But 99% of the time you can just have a look at the other guys units and get a good idea whether or not to attack.

What I do like about this game is the unknown factors thrown in. Like I have no idea how many skill points someone has put into defense. The other night I raided a guy that had like 1600 defense against my 8000 offense yet I lost a Leopard Tank, 2 APC's and a Bradley! He had a really high value tgt so I hit him 2 more times and didn't take near the losses I did on the first one but it just goes to show you never know in this game. Also goes to show raiding is really not a good strategy when you're playing catch-up like I am.
The density = mass divided by volume was a throwback to an old post by a forum member! LOL I doubt many of the new guys here remember who it was! TRIVIA TIME! McDOC (not the answer) where you at?

BigD@wg
01-07-2013, 08:42 AM
The density = mass divided by volume was a throwback to an old post by a forum member! LOL I doubt many of the new guys here remember who it was! TRIVIA TIME! McDOC (not the answer) where you at?

I'm going to guess KOD.

albeezy
01-07-2013, 08:53 AM
I'm going to guess KOD.
Nope............

Ph4ntom Stranger
01-07-2013, 10:35 AM
how bout Miner?

albeezy
01-07-2013, 10:37 AM
how bout Miner?
Nope............

Q Raider
01-07-2013, 01:41 PM

Pretty sure I member CCM dropping a comment similar to that a while ago. V,

albeezy
01-07-2013, 01:46 PM
Pretty sure I member CCM dropping a comment similar to that a while ago. V,
DING DING DING We have a correct answer! Nice memory Q Raider!

lakelander
02-11-2013, 12:58 PM
So, what is a good density number to be at? I have seen advice given for between 25-30 being good. I notice if you're at a level and you drop allies to achieve the density, you will also drop your A/D values after you go below the max ally vs lvl mark. What's the trade-off value and would you win more based on A/D density or just A/D?

My example (using the toolkit): Lvl 60, A=26432, D=29943, Allies=300, Density at this level is A/D=22.03/24.95. change allies=200, density A/D=28.44/31.26 but att goes to 22750 and def down to 25009.

Thanks!

Mcdoc
02-11-2013, 01:27 PM
A quick way to find out what units to buy or avoid is to look at your attack score ( or def if that's what you're trying to raise) buy a unit that has the highest stats available to you - I.e. a unit with 30 attack - and look t your stats again to see how many points you actually added.

So for instance - if that 30 point attack stat added 22 points - then that means you rotated a unit with 8 points out if your Army that you take into battle ( for the moment). That can change if you add allies or lose units - but at least you have an idea of what your bottom unit is. So for now - that 30 stat unit is a good investment.

Fast forward a few months and you are buying 50 stat units (Bomber) but you are only adding 8 points to your score - then your bottom unit is a 42 Stat unit - probably not worth the 3.6 mil a pop for only 8 points. I only say this because for me - at level 200 - I bring a few of my 200 bombers into battle - but buying a new one only adds 5 points to my score - so buy what you can now - but know eventually they will be rotated out of your Army.

In the meantime - try to pick up as many "free" indestructible units as you can with Boss events and crate events - and if you DO decide to buy gold - the LE sets with a bonus unit seems to be the best investment.

And of course, getting into a good faction will get you the best prizes of all ;)

lakelander
02-11-2013, 02:14 PM
Thanks McDoc. I have been following the logic pretty well and our faction did place 73rd in BofB so I did get some good units. The toolkit, by Khimsoo, is a good tool to see what units are being used in attacks and defense based on your ally count and lvl.

The biggest question I have was whether I wanted to reduce my ally count to 300 (for lvl 60-currently at 494) or just above to max A/D stats OR reduce ally count (say to 200) to increase A/D density but reduce A/D stats because of it. I've read that density will beat out stats with more than max allies needed on equivalent rivals and bosses. Just wondering how accurate that would be and why.

lakelander
02-11-2013, 02:22 PM
Exactly Dad. I'm just letting the lower units attrite themselves and not buying any more of them. They don't hurt anything, just useless baggage. I'm doing all you guys are saying so I should be OK. I'm not getting hammered really as I haven't upgraded the really juicy targets like the market and munitions stockpile.

I max update vault as soon as it finishes the last update, expand as often as I can and buying money buildings as much as I can. It's paying off but it's going to be a squeaker as the higher I get the more of a tgt I'm going to be.

I've spent some money on gold units but no way am I going to spend enough to outfit an entire army! I figure a person should spend about $20 a month if he/she enjoys the game. Like I said in another thread; if I wanted to drop that kind of cash I could buy a hot new gaming pc, hotas setup and go back to flying slight sims.

I'm using the toolkit but haven't figured out what my A/D density is yet. Does anyone have a good number for it? I don't suppose it's hard to figure out if you look at an opponents (or your own) profile you can simply divide his A/D by his units?

Too bad we can't sell back the useless baggage, er units...... Gree :o?