PDA

View Full Version : World Domination Planned Release Date: Weekend of 1/19/13

CJ54
01-02-2013, 12:59 PM
Hey all,

As the title says, the planned release date for the World Domination Brazil event is the weekend of 1/19/13. We had originally planned for an earlier release, but we want things to be as smooth and bug free as possible.

I know people had some other questions about the way the event would go down; if you have questions about it, this is the place to ask them now. I'll post the answers here in the front of the thread for visibility.

-CJ

EDIT: Please keep the thread on-topic, guys.

Update 1/4/13

A walkthrough for a World Domination Event has been added to the game's FAQ section, and I have also posted it here. Please keep in mind that as the walkthrough says, the specifications for the WD event will continue to evolve; what I have posted here is unlikely to change before the battle for Brazil (the first WD event); however, we reserve the right to change things as required (generally due to technical necessity or based on the feedback of our beta testers to make things even more awesome).

World Domination Walkthrough:

The World Domination event is a PVP event specifically between the factions in game. Factions must “declare war” in order to participate in the event. Any member can do this. Once war is declared, your faction will be matched up with other factions of similar attack strength, fighting to win World Domination (WD) points.

Before your faction declares war though, you need to nominate a Defense Leader. This defense leader acts as protection against the opposing faction. As long as your Defense Leader is up, the rest of your faction cannot be attacked. At this time, the leader gets 100 “Shield Points”, which acts as their “health”. Each unsuccessful attack against the Leader will take away 10 Shield Points. A successful attack will take all of the Shield Points. Once these points are at 0, the Defense Leader is defeated and the rest of the faction is vulnerable to attack.

Faction members will have the option to use a “power attack” that will provide a 50% increase in stats. However, you will use all your health to achieve the increase. Also, unsuccessful power attacks against the Defense Leader will take away 50 Shield Points.

Each war lasts 60 minutes. At the end of the 60 minutes, the side that has the most WD points wins. During the war, there are two ways to get WD points: attacking members of the opposing faction and attacking their Fortifications and Command Center. You receive more WD points for defeating players then for attacking the structures; however you must defeat the player to get the points, while simply attacking the structures will get you points. Players use health points to attack, similar to the boss events. Successful attacks will also award XP, valor, and battle points to the victor’s account.

Another thing to keep in mind is that until the Fortification goes down, you will only receive half the points possible for defeating another player. Each faction will start with one fortification per war and it cannot be replaced during a war. Your top fortification will be used up by each “war” your faction engages in, regardless of whether it was completely destroyed or not. The faction will be able to attack the Command Center after the Fortification is down and is there solely for points. It adds nothing to a faction’s defense.

At the end of the event, the faction with the most WD points will win the country being contested. The country will be highlighted on the map as conquered and will not come up again. Rewards will be given to the top three factions, top three players, and top three contributors of each faction.

Finally, please keep in mind that specifications for World Domination will continue to evolve and improve over time.

We’d wish you luck but you don’t need luck. You need strategy. Be ready.

General Questions/Answers:

Q: Will you be able to leave/join factions during the event?

A: Factions will be locked down during the event; you will not be able to join a faction during that time or add members.

Q: Will there be a leaderboard of some kind to see how individual members are doing?

A: Yes, players will be able to see how their members have performed via the number of World Domination points they received.

Q:Can factions sit out? Does being in a faction during the event mean that you are vulnerable to attack by other factions any time during the event?

A: Factions can only be attacked by other factions during the event once they have declared war themselves (this will be an option during the event). If they have not declared war a faction can "sit out" while you wait for everyone to get ready. The point of this specific setting is to allow the faction to gather everyone on at the same time so they can all attack at once

Ripper
01-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Will all the current faction problems be fixed before that?

I personally waiting for few weeks now to be removed from my faction as I can't see it.

SuperSonic Chimp
01-02-2013, 01:12 PM
I like the start date is later than I originally thought. Gives us time to sort out the faction bugs with deleting and viewing. I think I have six in my faction that don't know they are in. But can we get a cliff notes version of what to expect? Kinda helps to know what kind of players to recruit. (IE will low level players have to face off higher level players, is it a point system.) Any info will help at this moment....

CJ54
01-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Will all the current faction problems be fixed before that?

That's what we're shooting for. We're focus-firing on the reported issues right now.

Ferr
01-02-2013, 01:16 PM
Thx, good decision.
Yours,

Desas
01-02-2013, 01:23 PM
CJ - any other events planned in between?

With awards having "domination helper" features? As promised some time ago...

manbeast
01-02-2013, 01:25 PM
Is the defense leader position as meaningless as the in game FAQ makes it sound

Edit- I can't wait!! I had already asked off work for this weekend cause I figured that's when it would be

BigD@wg
01-02-2013, 01:32 PM
CJ -

1. Does the defensive leader of a faction incur casualties during the WD battles when attacked? When the defensive leader is defeated, do the rest of the faction members receiving attacks suffer casualties?

2. Do the battling factions receive XP during WD events?

3. Is it possible for a faction with destructible units to beat a faction whose members contain all gold units?

Thief
01-02-2013, 01:42 PM
CJ First thank you for the Advanced Notice. Many of us were puttling alot of resources to get ready for this and knowing a before the day of is nice.

Questions: will we be allowed to purchase upgrades and new fortifications during the event?

Can you confirm 10 FAILED hits on the Defense Leader brings him down and opens up attacks on all other members? Shouldn't this be Successful? Or is it only 1 Successful attack to bring him down?

Thank you

Strontium dog
01-02-2013, 01:54 PM
Cj

Thanks for this
Do you intend to tier factions and if so on what parameters will this be based I.e level, faction size e.t.c if it is tiered how many tiers are there?

Q Raider
01-02-2013, 02:13 PM
When testing the gameplay prior to release make sure somebody is using an iPad 1.

I held off upgrading to MW 3 till now due to game crashouts and being unable to attack players with highly developed bases. It appeared that some recent changes were made and it had stabilized as I was again able to get a series of attacks or raids going with minimal issues.

Upgrade has now reintroduced all the previous problems. Cannot access some bases, get a "cannot attack" or "cannot raid" indication when the red bar is still active above the target, if manage an attack the game crashes out if the result is a combination situation (eg receive money AND lose a unit).

Even checking my own inventory is unstable. The only thing that is reliable is PVE.

Though I do not actually know how the gameplay goes during the faction battles there is no way I would consider being a part of a team offering such a lame duck as my iPad game currently is.

Fl@sh
01-02-2013, 02:28 PM
1. Will there be another gold sale? Fl@sh has been collecting cans for the last month to get a few pennies to put toward gold purchases.
2. Clicking on somebody's name that has sent a request to join the faction does not bring up any more info, in fact, it does absolutely nothing.
3. iOS players are also having the ghost membership bug, not just android players.
4. Is there a number 1 prize?
5. Will there be more bonuses released?
6. Are donations logged by the servers? I have lost track of how much I have donated and am curious if I am pulling my weight. Faction leaders and officers should be able to view the amount donated by each player

Michael0218
01-02-2013, 03:14 PM
Can you attack a rival faction member during a battle if they are currently one of your allies?

JF5522
01-02-2013, 03:16 PM
Thanks CJ for the update. My question: Can two allies attack each other if they are in different factions?

Michael0218
01-02-2013, 03:21 PM
Will you be able to see, and attack, all other members of a rival faction once the Defense Leader is beaten? For example, will a level 200 player be able to see and attack a level 70 player during a battle? Can money be taken from a rival during these battles, just like during a normal attack?

Generik79
01-02-2013, 03:21 PM
The FAQ says each war uses one fort and last sixty minutes.

1. Do we only engage in one war with one other faction at a time? If so, we only need one fort, right?

2. Or do we engage in multiple wars and thus need multiple forts?

3. If (1), then why are there so many useless fort options and concrete?

Thank you.

mxz
01-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Are camper factions going to be exposed to level 200 factions?
Will there be bracketing? How will it work?
Will the event be based on the PVP engine? (for instance, will losses tarnish member's PVP stats and introduce them to mass casualties)
Can your faction choose to sit out the WD event entirely (and just have your faction for bonuses)?

Baraka
01-02-2013, 03:22 PM
Little of topic but will tickets be answered soon. I've patiently waited 3 weeks for my ticket now while people sent tickets in a few days ago and got an instant reply, for Faction when will we be able to get rid of glitcher allies

aether100
01-02-2013, 03:58 PM
1. we have many different levels of fortifications how will they be used or distributed during battles? will we be able to pick the level we want to use for specific battles?
2. when in battle with other factions will we be using our stamina and/or energy to attack or will it be like the boss events?
3. how many shield points will be deducted for successful attacks against the defensive leader and how will that be calculated?
4. will there be a way to see how many war points each member of the faction has accumulated for the faction to see if all are participating?

CJ54
01-02-2013, 04:15 PM
Good questions, all. We're digging up the answers to all these and I will get them back to you as soon as possible. In the meantime, it would be very helpful if we could keep the thread and questions on-topic. We're really keen on making global domination as awesome as possible, but if we get bogged down in unrelated issues (or faction add requests, this is not the place for them) it's going to make things hard to read and respond to.

Ferr
01-02-2013, 04:33 PM
We can ask a hundred more questions such as defenseleaders need to stay awake for 72 hours (3 day event) and
What is the draw back if a faction is under attack and the defensleader is not online. However, why dont you just explain how the WD event works in a way that simple souls such as ourselves understand what is being thrown at them.

You turn the world upside down. You entice us to ask a zillion questions due to your ridiculous low quality information on a major game changer. Please get your act together, give lots of info and only then ask us to ask questions. Do your work.

mikebarth1955
01-02-2013, 04:35 PM
GREE has posted short videos on Modern War's Facebook (example: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FILMIiei_0A8%3Fhd%3 D1&h=dAQGlowdVAQE1AfhUTKvbrasMgKvQgUUdNuPFMhbN1NIZBw&enc=AZP7bSxIObhe-mKVLYiJ-VCN_YxkV9dKff1hxP3GdGZSTVAN8i0hR6MBS1ICysY6nZiZgx3 4jAe0VRbjoPnRDN5z&s=1) that demonstrate some element of game play. The link I posted here shows attacking and defeating one of the Epic Bosses. You might consider taping a demo of how attacks work in World Domination so that we can see what to expect. A picture is worth a thousand words, etc.

digisyn
01-02-2013, 04:40 PM
GREE has posted short videos on Modern War's Facebook (example: http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FILMIiei_0A8%3Fhd%3 D1&h=dAQGlowdVAQE1AfhUTKvbrasMgKvQgUUdNuPFMhbN1NIZBw&enc=AZP7bSxIObhe-mKVLYiJ-VCN_YxkV9dKff1hxP3GdGZSTVAN8i0hR6MBS1ICysY6nZiZgx3 4jAe0VRbjoPnRDN5z&s=1) that demonstrate some element of game play. The link I posted here shows attacking and defeating one of the Epic Bosses. You might consider taping a demo of how attacks work in World Domination so that we can see what to expect. A picture is worth a thousand words, etc.
Good point!

JCS-Chairman
01-02-2013, 04:50 PM
No disrespect but I do not do Facecrook and therefore will never see them there. I am registered as a Forum Member here as this is where I come to find the latest and the greatest. This forum would be a great place to post links to view those videos without having to register for an outside site. I am not saying to do away with the Facebook as it has its place. However, I feel we should have the same opportunites here.

Respect

Sabo
01-02-2013, 05:01 PM
We can ask a hundred more questions such as defenseleaders need to stay awake for 72 hours (3 day event) and
What is the draw back if a faction is under attack and the defensleader is not online. However, why dont you just explain how the WD event works in a way that simple souls such as ourselves understand what is being thrown at them.

You turn the world upside down. You entice us to ask a zillion questions due to your ridiculous low quality information on a major game changer. Please get your act together, give lots of info and only then ask us to ask questions. Do your work.

Haha, this is an excellent point Ferr! I have so many questions that it is hard to know where to start. I am most interested in a description of what a faction on faction battle exactly is. Is it as if two armies are brawling in a bar? Is it basically PVP? It is all cumulative stats verse cumulative stats? Is it bracketed? Do bonuses come in to play or is it like boss events? Can you raid bonus building prior to attacking? Etc etc etc

More information please?

CJ54
01-02-2013, 05:34 PM

Hey Ferr, we were thinking along similar lines, actually. We've been writing up a walkthrough of how a WD event will work, which will either be edited into the beginning of this thread or given its own dedicated thread. That will probably not be out until tomorrow however, as we want to make sure that the details are correct.

EDIT: I don't know about the video idea. We'll have to check on that.

Ranger4Life
01-02-2013, 05:41 PM
Hey Ferr, we were thinking along similar lines, actually. We've been writing up a walkthrough of how a WD event will work, which will either be edited into the beginning of this thread or given its own dedicated thread. That will probably not be out until tomorrow however, as we want to make sure that the details are correct.

Great idea CJ. We all will be looking forward to that info.

Ferr
01-02-2013, 05:45 PM

Ok CJ, will await what comes. Realise that many players have made expensive decisions one way or the other under extreme enticement but based on virtually no event information and under great pressure as doing nothing was no option. Many of us have levelled up to the extreme, have purchased to the extreme, have lost massively in pvp for gathering important bricks. Realise you have not much room for further errors... Be safe,
Yours

dthfrmabv
01-02-2013, 06:53 PM
Is the defense leader position as meaningless as the in game FAQ makes it sound

Edit- I can't wait!! I had already asked off work for this weekend cause I figured that's when it would be

Bro I think you need to revisit time off would be a waste since it isn't happening this weekend...

Ericinico
01-02-2013, 07:21 PM
1. Will there be another gold sale? Fl@sh has been collecting cans for the last month to get a few pennies to put toward gold purchases. 2. Clicking on somebody's name that has sent a request to join the faction does not bring up any more info, in fact, it does absolutely nothing.3. iOS players are also having the ghost membership bug, not just android players.4. Is there a number 1 prize?5. Will there be more bonuses released?6. Are donations logged by the servers? I have lost track of how much I have donated and am curious if I am pulling my weight. Faction leaders and officers should be able to view the amount donated by each playerMy LLP has the ghost faction glitch. I sent in tickets but haven't heard back!

Jhoemel
01-02-2013, 07:36 PM
My LLP has the ghost faction glitch. I sent in tickets but haven't heard back!

Mine too, maybe we are too low in levels to make a faction

Ericinico
01-02-2013, 07:43 PM
Mine too, maybe we are too low in levels to make a factionI have allies who say I am in there faction but I don't see it. They also can't delete me.

General Nu
01-02-2013, 11:41 PM
When battling another faction, can I hurl the dead weight of the 13 non-contributing, game glitch suffering, faction members at the opposing faction? I was thinking a catapult weapon or something similar could be awarded to accomplish this. Thanks!

HGF69
01-03-2013, 12:05 AM
Some of these questions are already answered if you read the in game Faqs

@Nash
01-03-2013, 02:00 AM
Will the deadline for purchasing the AC's be extended as well. I had read today was the last day, is that still true? Is it by midnight on the date or an earlier time. Please answer CJ, I am so close to having enough I don't want to miss it.

Bob_55
01-03-2013, 05:59 AM
Will the deadline for purchasing the AC's be extended as well. I had read today was the last day, is that still true? Is it by midnight on the date or an earlier time. Please answer CJ, I am so close to having enough I don't want to miss it.

Look in the money inventory building the AC are gone

nic4msu
01-03-2013, 06:48 AM
The anniv bldgs are still showing up in the store. It would be nice to know if they'll be here for a while. It's been commonly believed that they'd expire today, but we've never had official word. I think many players would still like to make a run for them (& many others would like to fund their factions by attacking those over-vaulted players making a run at the buildings).

Jean marc
01-03-2013, 11:42 AM
I am the faction leader of the jean marc faction, your forum is pretty informative but will you post all the info needed in the FAQ of modern war so that members that do not use this forum have all the information needed for that weekend event, i try to keep them inform as much as possible, but the FAQ of the game should be the proper arena to give information to everyone.

Thanks

Jean marc
01-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Also will there be compensation for the members glitch, i have 5 members that cannot contribute any money, the faction lost big money because of this glitch.

Thanks

So how many ticket did gree get for this events seems like a lot.

Stonewall
01-03-2013, 05:15 PM
Will opponents be based on the number of members in the faction, the total attack/defense of the leader or the member of that faction with the highest defense/attack score or some combination of level/ally numbers, etc.
I am on the top one percent in attack/defense at my level (230 allies) but my faction members have significantly lower attack/defense? For me, this is the fundamental question which must be answered first as it determines strategy.
Some players, like myself, who have camped/built defense for over a year, have no desire to max put allies.

CJ54
01-04-2013, 02:54 AM
Hey all, wanted to let you know that we hadn't forgotten about this. One of our team members who has been deeply involved in the faction/WD lead-up wrote a walkthrough and some answers; the Modern War team is currently looking over them to double-check. That should be posted soon.

Baraka
01-04-2013, 02:58 AM
Cheers CJ....

Proprioc3ption
01-04-2013, 03:32 AM
What happens to players not currently in a Faction? It's obvious they can't participate in the event but are they susceptible to players attacking them with ALL THEIR FACTION BONUSES during the event?

Jhoemel
01-04-2013, 03:33 AM
What happens to players not currently in a Faction? It's obvious they can't participate in the event but are they susceptible to players attacking them with ALL THEIR FACTION BONUSES during the event?

That may be the case

Proprioc3ption
01-04-2013, 03:51 AM
That may be the case

SUCKS! I don't want to be involved at all as I'm yet to join a faction. I was hoping to be in one soon but I've been delayed since the date change at the 11th hour for the AC ending. I had 50 mill saved up but spent it on my base knowing I'd never make it in time. :(

Ferr
01-04-2013, 04:17 AM
Hey all, wanted to let you know that we hadn't forgotten about this. One of our team members who has been deeply involved in the faction/WD lead-up wrote a walkthrough and some answers; the Modern War team is currently looking over them to double-check. That should be posted soon.
Close call cj, i was going to remind you indeed. Btw, what you do better than all your predecessors is that of pro active communication if you cant deliver up to your promises in time. Please continue to do so. This being said, can you provide an estimate as to when this walk through is ready? We need this badly for instruction purposes to all faction members and WD strategy decisions.
Yours,

CJ54
01-04-2013, 04:44 AM
Close call cj, i was going to remind you indeed. Btw, what you do better than all your predecessors is that of pro active communication if you cant deliver up to your promises in time. Please continue to do so. This being said, can you provide an estimate as to when this walk through is ready? We need this badly for instruction purposes to all faction members and WD strategy decisions.
Yours,

I'm hoping today/tomorrow. I know how important this is to you and the other players, but I want to make sure there's no miscommunications if at all possible.

Jean marc
01-04-2013, 06:34 AM
sorry ticket removed.

Ph4ntom Stranger
01-04-2013, 06:39 AM
@ Jean-Marc, there was a thread in the last month where this was discussed. CCM or whichever dev it was told us some of the boosts are multiplicative and not always additive, so that's why it shows up as 9%.

Cheers

Ferr
01-04-2013, 08:00 AM
Request received: Modern War Issue Report (ticket #307553)‏

[Mark this message as unread] [Delete this message]
[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]
26/12/2012
Reply ▼

GREE Internatio​nal Inc

Add to contacts
To Jean-Marc Gagnon
## In replies all text above this line is added to the ticket ##

Your request (#Modern War Issue Report) has been received, and will be reviewed by our Specialists. Please note that due to higher than normal volume our response times are longer than normal. We request that you do not send multiple requests regarding the same issue. We appreciate your patience as we work to address your inquiry. We will reply as soon as we have an update for your issue.

If you have not already done so, please check out our in-app FAQs found under the help section. Also, check out our forums at http://www.funzio.com/forum/forum.php. Many senior members of our forums have been playing our games for quite some time. Their insights, tips, and "how-to's" can be extremely helpful.

Jean-Marc Gagnon, Dec 26 18:19 (PST):

Describe the issue here...
Faction ID 979336395, name of faction jean marc, we bought a first 5% health regeneration, then a second 5% health regeneration. Now 5+5= 10 as far as i know, then why when i go to the faction information tab it shows that the faction has 9% health regeneration, where is the missing 1%. The faction gave money for a week all that to end up with a missing 1%.
Off topic and please do not post tickets here. Finally, read other threads.

chimera69
01-04-2013, 08:15 AM
@Jean-Marc - please don't post tickets on forum. it's against the posting guidelines (& adds little if nothing extra to the discussion anyways). The thread those above are refering to is here:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?42885-Faction-boost-bonuses

Folks, please try to search the forum a bit first. You'll find many of your questions have already been answered somewhere.

Jean marc
01-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Off topic and please do not post tickets here. Finally, read other threads.

Understood will not post ticket on future post, sorry

Aiden
01-04-2013, 02:33 PM

Did I mis the thread, Ferr couldn’t have said it better… i do more reading than posting (clearly) Im also not a fan of pushed back deadlines lol…. so maybe by Monday we will have a bigger picture?

Aiden
01-04-2013, 02:37 PM
Did I mis the thread, Ferr couldn’t have said it better… i do more reading than posting (clearly) Im also not a fan of pushed back deadlines lol…. so maybe by Monday we will have a bigger picture?

AND… I missed a page, I see the proactive update and apologize...

CJ54
01-04-2013, 09:09 PM
Sample walkthrough posted here and in the FAQs section of the game. We'll round up questions not answered by the walkthrough and try to address those as well as originally promised, although we may not be able to answer everything.

Selfproclaimed
01-04-2013, 09:12 PM
Cj, can you confirm if their is a pvp event going on right now? Apparently some believe their is a pvp event that started Friday 12am pst. And will go through sun, 12 am pst. I don't know if its just someone who looked in game files or whatnot, because I have yet to see a splash screen or an announcement for it. Any clarification would be great.

Ferr
01-04-2013, 09:53 PM
A walkthrough for a World Domination Event has been added to the game's FAQ section, and I have also posted it here. Please keep in mind that as the walkthrough says, the specifications for the WD event will continue to evolve; what I have posted here is unlikely to change before the battle for Brazil (the first WD event); however, we reserve the right to change things as required (generally due to technical necessity or based on the feedback of our beta testers to make things even more awesome).

The World Domination event is a PVP event specifically between the factions in game. Factions must “declare war” in order to participate in the event. Any member can do this. Once war is declared, your faction will be matched up with other factions of similar attack strength, fighting to win World Domination (WD) points.

Before your faction declares war though, you need to nominate a Defense Leader. This defense leader acts as protection against the opposing faction. As long as your Defense Leader is up, the rest of your faction cannot be attacked. At this time, the leader gets 100 “Shield Points”, which acts as their “health”. Each unsuccessful attack against the Leader will take away 10 Shield Points. A successful attack will take all of the Shield Points. Once these points are at 0, the Defense Leader is defeated and the rest of the faction is vulnerable to attack.

Faction members will have the option to use a “power attack” that will provide a 50% increase in stats. However, you will use all your health to achieve the increase. Also, unsuccessful power attacks against the Defense Leader will take away 50 Shield Points.

Each war lasts 60 minutes. At the end of the 60 minutes, the side that has the most WD points wins. During the war, there are two ways to get WD points: attacking members of the opposing faction and attacking their Fortifications and Command Center. You receive more WD points for defeating players then for attacking the structures; however you must defeat the player to get the points, while simply attacking the structures will get you points. Players use health points to attack, similar to the boss events. Successful attacks will also award XP, valor, and battle points to the victor’s account.

Another thing to keep in mind is that until the Fortification goes down, you will only receive half the points possible for defeating another player. Each faction will start with one fortification per war and it cannot be replaced during a war. Your top fortification will be used up by each “war” your faction engages in, regardless of whether it was completely destroyed or not. The faction will be able to attack the Command Center after the Fortification is down and is there solely for points. It adds nothing to a faction’s defense.

At the end of the event, the faction with the most WD points will win the country being contested. The country will be highlighted on the map as conquered and will not come up again. Rewards will be given to the top three factions, top three players, and top three contributors of each faction.

Ty but thisvwill still leave us with many questions. A few:
How does one nominate a defense leader?
Is the command center the same structure as we all have in our base?
You tear us up in similar strength. Can you elaborate? Many will ally down to get in lower tier and when the battle starts ally up again.
Can one attack those who are not online?
Must the def leader always be online?

Ranger4Life
01-04-2013, 09:59 PM
Biggest question I have is regarding matching us up with factions of similar strength is this based off of the AVERAGE attack in the faction, or the HIGHEST members attack, or the CUMULATIVE total attack of the entire faction?

Ferr
01-04-2013, 10:06 PM
Additional question:
If the weakest players attack the strongest def leader will 10 unsuccessfull attacks always defeat that def leader?

manbeast
01-04-2013, 10:21 PM
that's right ferr! flan will be able to take you down! bahaahaha

kidding aside though.. looks like defensive leader is not nearly as important as it seemed. I'm guessing they'll release some kind of "shield health bonus" or maybe you will be able to repair the shield with gold... who knows.

Ferr
01-04-2013, 10:26 PM
that's right ferr! flan will be able to take you down! bahaahaha

kidding aside though.. looks like defensive leader is not nearly as important as it seemed. I'm guessing they'll release some kind of "shield health bonus" or maybe you will be able to repair the shield with gold... who knows.

I have my pride, i will not be defeated by this €&@/( ..... ;)

Dr. Dengus
01-04-2013, 10:31 PM

http://product.gree.net/us/event/world-domination

So the top 10/100/250 guild prizes displayed on this website were just a tease?

How does top player differ from top contributor?

nic4msu
01-05-2013, 12:28 AM
How does top player differ from top contributor?

My guess would be that top player would be the member who earns the most WD points for their faction, while top contributor would be the member who donated the most --- but that's just my guess.

nic4msu
01-05-2013, 12:31 AM
CJ, does the defense leader need to be in-game at the time of war? What if the team leader isn't at the time, so can't designate an in-game defense leader?

Hassleham
01-05-2013, 03:19 AM
Moderator edit: As per our posting guidelines, please do not flame, troll, or insult or deride a player or staff member.

Ferr
01-05-2013, 03:35 AM
Additional question. Top three contributors, is that based on contribution during the three day event? And how is this calculated as we can contribute bricks and stones

Ferr
01-05-2013, 03:35 AM
Bricks and cash i mean

Firefox
01-05-2013, 05:41 AM
I up dated the health regeneration from 5% to next level and only got 4% of the 5% I should have. I am at 9%,it should be 10%.

Front Runner NL
01-05-2013, 06:27 AM
Is the prime purpose of WD to make the strongest players stronger?
What are the benefits for all other players?
Will we loose units during the battle?

BigD@wg
01-05-2013, 06:39 AM
I had started a thread because I saw this actually in the In-game FAQ before I saw it updated here but what in the world does that one paragraph mean?!?

"At the end of the event, the faction with the most WD points will win the country being contested. The country will be highlighted on the map as conquered and will not come up again. Rewards will be given to the top three factions, top three players, and top three contributors of each faction."

So does this mean that additional rewards are given to top three players with most WD points and the top three contributors within faction? Or does this mean that only the top 3 contributors and top 3 players in a faction get the uber unit prize? If the latter is correct, there are going to be a lot of unhappy faction members!

Maybe my post from few months ago wasn't all that far off after all... Hmmmmm. Just in case you want to visit here is the link:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41972-MW-3.0-Hope-is-a....

Bob_55
01-05-2013, 07:10 AM
What does it mean ????? Only 3 players of the faction would get the prize???

Lucky4u
01-05-2013, 07:23 AM
If that's really true!then this whole faction thing and WD is a JOKE!

aether100
01-05-2013, 07:24 AM
Please clarify the prizes: according to http://product.gree.net/us/event/world-domination there are more then 3 prizes for factions .

iamnasty
01-05-2013, 07:27 AM

Get a 3 people faction, then everyone in the faction is a winner :D

Cheers

BigD@wg
01-05-2013, 07:33 AM
So what happened to these?!? Do these still apply?

http://i49.tinypic.com/fthslx.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/qpfqf7.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/ws1con.jpg

Idiokus
01-05-2013, 07:35 AM
I had started a thread because I saw this actually in the In-game FAQ before I saw it updated here but what in the world does that one paragraph mean?!?

"At the end of the event, the faction with the most WD points will win the country being contested. The country will be highlighted on the map as conquered and will not come up again. Rewards will be given to the top three factions, top three players, and top three contributors of each faction."

So does this mean that additional rewards are given to top three players with most WD points and the top three contributors within faction? Or does this mean that only the top 3 contributors and top 3 players in a faction get the uber unit prize? If the latter is correct, there are going to be a lot of unhappy faction members!

Maybe my post from few months ago wasn't all that far off after all... Hmmmmm. Just in case you want to visit here is the link:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?41972-MW-3.0-Hope-is-a....

Wow...thanks for update. I'm a bit confused about this paragraph too...why only top 3 factions? Makes no sence after opening up pvp event to 200 faction winners. I thought it was a success therefore more players involved therefore at least top 10 factions.

Also what's the deal with only top three players and top contributors getting special units? A faction = all faction members! Everyone contributes how they can everyone has a role and is active in their way. So I don't understand this and find this not fair!! This needs to be more clear before actual battles begin.

Also wont speak in behalf of other members...but giving valor units and XP is not very gratifiying rewards expected better. I hope thing are going to become more clear...

It's a lot of dedication being a part of a faction and ALL members work hard and should be compensated with great rewards...please make this right. All this is disappointing...afraid what's next.

HenryVIII
01-05-2013, 08:06 AM
I up dated the health regeneration from 5% to next level and only got 4% of the 5% I should have. I am at 9%,it should be 10%.

That is not true. Those stats are not additive, they are multiplicative. He explained this in an earlier post.

Warfiend
01-05-2013, 08:06 AM

yep. If that means what is sounds like, they really need to have someone who actually plays the game and understands what it looks like from a players perspective start getting involved in the event planning.

I like the people in my faction, but not enough to sacrifice so much of my time and energy so 3 of them have a shot at winning, maybe. And even if I was one of the three, how crappy would that feel? "Thanks guys for working so hard so that I could win, go team!"

It's like Dilbert's pointy haired boss was on the design team.

Silverhawktm
01-05-2013, 08:16 AM
See lots of posts for ppl to join factions.
Members looking for LVL "x" or higher....
Doesn't matter what LVL you are if you suck.
I've played this game hard.
Bought only a few units at the beginning to get me started.
Every other unit I've earned.....
My ATT: +33.6k
DEF: +33.1k
IPH: $655,405
Looking for large faction with similar great players.

Hittingmonkey
01-05-2013, 08:58 AM
Hey all,

As the title says, the planned release date for the World Domination Brazil event is the weekend of 1/19/13. We had originally planned for an earlier release, but we want things to be as smooth and bug free as possible.

I know people had some other questions about the way the event would go down; if you have questions about it, this is the place to ask them now. I'll post the answers here in the front of the thread for visibility.

-CJ

Update 1/4/13

Finally, please keep in mind that specifications for World Domination will continue to evolve and improve over time.

Is there a way to stop the high levels from destroying the lower ones, this could make game unfair.

Pissapigov
01-05-2013, 09:20 AM
Is there a way to stop the high levels from destroying the lower ones, this could make game unfair.

You don't need to quote the entire post buddy..

Baraka
01-05-2013, 10:08 AM
So out of what I guess is 100s of thousands of people playing and joining factions to compete and win prizes, we now get told Only 9 people will get units.which won't be anyone other Than PUN, Superfaction and one other. So tell me this. Why would our faction bother competing. We are going to get smashed and have mass casualty loss for..... Nothing.Whos Gunna compete in something for nothing, where's the incentive and other Units we have seen. All factions are now are to give us IPH boosts and Health boosts. What a joke.

manbeast
01-05-2013, 10:16 AM
the way i read it is the top 3 factions get a prize. everyone in that faction will get the prize

then the top 3 fighters in each faction get a prize. this is for all factions. ranked first to last.

then the top 3 donators in each faction get a prize. this is for all factions. ranked doesnt matter again.

the problem i see is that someone can create a faction by themself. donate $1 and earn 1 world domination point and get 2 prizes. then you have someone in a REAL faction who donated over a billion dollars and earns a ton of WD points but doesnt get the prizes because they we're top 3 within faction

BigD@wg
01-05-2013, 10:19 AM
the way i read it is the top 3 factions get a prize. everyone in that faction will get the prize

then the top 3 fighters in each faction get a prize. this is for all factions. ranked first to last.

then the top 3 donators in each faction get a prize. this is for all factions. ranked doesnt matter again.

the problem i see is that someone can create a faction by themself. donate $1 and earn 1 world domination point and get 2 prizes. then you have someone in a REAL faction who donated over a billion dollars and earns a ton of WD points but doesnt get the prizes because they we're top 3 within faction

If that be the case... Guess its time to start my own faction and donate 1 dollar and my 37 bricks and wait to hit one other faction that has a single player in it. Lol!

Baraka
01-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Either way it's a major problem and not what was promised. Everyone in a faction should be rewarded.

Warfiend
01-05-2013, 11:16 AM

Upon re-reading it, I realized they could have been talking about additional prizes over what has already been announced.

I appreciate CJ sharing more info with us and I hope more clarification is coming.

BigD@wg
01-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Upon re-reading it, I realized they could have been talking about additional prizes over what has already been announced.

I appreciate CJ sharing more info with us and I hope more clarification is coming.

I would hope more clarification is coming too. That's the main problem with everything. Clear, precise communication doesn't happen. Always too much left open for our interpretation.

PIRATE JUSTICE
01-05-2013, 11:28 AM
Okay, its been asked several times.

I'll ask it one more time.

How many trinkets will be awarded per WINNING team?

Some people think that there will be only three prizes awarded for the top three players on the top three teams.

Will there ONLY be three winning teams?

Between those THREE teams, will only NINE prizes be awarded?

Or, will every player on the three winning teams be awarded a prize?

Or, will there be THREE prizes awarded to every winning team that participates in the event?

Or, will every person that participates on every team receive a trinket?

Bottom line, why not just explain how winners will be determined, how many winning teams their will be, and how many prizes will eventually be awarded?

Vballmadam
01-05-2013, 11:29 AM
You are right on Big Dawg! Are you sure you and PJ aren't related? Lol!

01-05-2013, 11:33 AM
It seems absolutely crazy that the entire faction would not be rewarded. Isn't this is supposed to be about teamwork? As a joint leader of a pretty good faction, I'd feel terrible for those who gave all out effort, but missed out on the prize because we have a few very strong players in our group. To only have 3 winning factions also seems ridiculous. You guys go from one extreme (200) to the other. 10-25 would likely keep more factions interested at least. This faction thing seemed great at 1st, but is quickly falling apart in my opinion.

BigD@wg
01-05-2013, 11:39 AM
You are right on Big Dawg! Are you sure you and PJ aren't related? Lol!

Lol! Not related, but apparently have pretty similar views about most things.

JF5522
01-05-2013, 12:35 PM
I would hope more clarification is coming too. That's the main problem with everything. Clear, precise communication doesn't happen. Always too much left open for our interpretation. Precisely. Sadly, when there's new input, it creates more questions because it was not described thoroughly and thoughtfully. Even earlier posted questions have been left hanging without clarification.

Ferr
01-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Cj, the walk through is by far inadequate although i thank you for at least trying. My suggestion is to designate a few hours direct forum discussion with you.......

Lucky4u
01-05-2013, 02:02 PM
So out of what I guess is 100s of thousands of people playing and joining factions to compete and win prizes, we now get told Only 9 people will get units.which won't be anyone other Than PUN, Superfaction and one other. So tell me this. Why would our faction bother competing. We are going to get smashed and have mass casualty loss for..... Nothing.Whos Gunna compete in something for nothing, where's the incentive and other Units we have seen. All factions are now are to give us IPH boosts and Health boosts. What a joke.cant agree more B....

Koz
01-05-2013, 02:07 PM
I agree with ferr. Here's the problem I see. U want everyone to ask questions on a new aspect of the game with very little info and when u do give a walk thru it is even more confusing. How about posting screenshots. That would at least give everyone some sort or perspective. But instead nobody has a clue. Are u guys flying by the seat of your pants on this one? I love the idea but every single person here is trying to make heads or tail of what u guys are doing and everyone has a different idea. Although I appreciate you trying to tell us what to expect, why don't u show us. The last update on the awards is a doozy. Instead of giving us clarity, u have people running to the store to get tums. Will u please be more precise in what is going on in the game, instead of us wondering what's going on with u guys. Forget a thread, there should be an online live forum where u can be there and answer questions as they are asked. Because countless numbers of people posting their concerns that aren't answered is unacceptable when you want questions and turn everyone's world upside down. What's the real deal CJ?

mikebarth1955
01-05-2013, 02:26 PM
Get a 3 people faction, then everyone in the faction is a winner :D

I did a sample of 1500 of the factions and found that 89% of them are 3 or fewer. Of my sample of 1500 "factions" this is the breakdown:

Factions with 3 members - 45 (3.0%)
Factions with 2 members - 83 (5.5%)
Factions with 1 member - 1,211 (80.7%)

GREE, can you tell me again, what was the purpose of putting together these factions?

Flavious Flav
01-05-2013, 02:59 PM
What about a true Walkthrough or scrimmage before the actual event. We can tell a soldier what a flanking manuver is but until he or she executes it wirh a squad they dont have true understanding. A debrief post practice action seems to clear up many ills. Limit it to a few hours and only one or two wars per faction that participates. Small prizes could be given to all who take part. This would give us an idea of what to expect and flush out some bugs in the process. I know it would cause pages of questions but could it be worse than the questions being generated now. At least with a true Walkthrough we would have something to base our questions on and the process could be better defined. A picture is always worth a thousand words. Let us get a preview of this with nothing on the line so we can go forward with at least a muddy view.

Alpha dog
01-05-2013, 03:32 PM

This is also the way it reads to me.

And am I daft but what are we to donate for the 3rd prize? cash? concrete? even WD points? Or are the WD points the 2nd prize?
Its so unclear.

All I can hope, for the sake of our heavy donating and all participating team members, is that these are prizes along side and on top of the prizes previously shown to us for the Top WD-Oriented Event Prize's. For the top 10/100/200 etc.

This question is asked here repeatedly. But how will the prizes be structured? please enlighten us

Thanks in advance as I'm sure you will, eventually

Ascent
01-05-2013, 05:58 PM
Maybe I am a UFO, but when I was developing games, we started with a game design before a single line was coded... not trying to figure out what some programmer did and document it after the fact :D

Damaged Goods
01-05-2013, 08:36 PM
I am the leader of the faction Alliance Killjoy 814-670-650. I have turned in several support requests to GREE with minimal results. Among the various request is a transfer. I lost my IPAD via damage over Christmas....and have purchased another one...but the transfer request has gone unanswered and our officer buttons do not work. I am beyond frustration with GREE. There are many members of multiple factions that are expressing the same level of disappointment. Many of our faction members are heavy gold buyers....and are also frustrated. Can you assist me?
I really could use the help as soon as possible. I may be contacted at dgmodwar@yahoo.com

Invisigoth
01-06-2013, 04:23 AM
I haven't seen answeres to obvious questions in this thread. The walkthrough is a very high level walkthrough. It explains how it will work. That's it.

Here's where I'm coming from. I'm low level (below 50). My faction takes on another faction with members above 150 etc. It sounds like a lost cause, since I will be getting attackes effectively from someone with att and def three times my stats.

Another obvious question is will it affect my stats in my profile? Will it affect casualty? Will I loose my own money on hand during these attacks.

At this stage their is no incentive for me to be in a faction if It will affect the before listed.

FYV
01-06-2013, 04:30 AM
1) how will we know a faction has declared war on us?
2) can we be in multiple wars at the same time?
3) how do we appoint a defense leader when a faction declares war on us?
4) how many hours will the whole battle for brazil event last, presume 48hrs?
5) will we be able to select what we attack, I.e. defense leader, fortifications and/or opposing players?
6) your walkthrough implies we cannot select the faction we attack and this will be assigned automatically... Is this correct?
7) will we be able to view stats of players in opposing faction?

Thank you! Fi (FYV)

stuartb
01-06-2013, 07:12 AM
Some of your questions are addressed in the FAQ at http://product.gree.net/us/event/world-domination/faq

Archer59
01-06-2013, 11:18 AM
I haven't seen answeres to obvious questions in this thread. The walkthrough is a very high level walkthrough. It explains how it will work. That's it.

Here's where I'm coming from. I'm low level (below 50). My faction takes on another faction with members above 150 etc. It sounds like a lost cause, since I will be getting attackes effectively from someone with att and def three times my stats.

Another obvious question is will it affect my stats in my profile? Will it affect casualty? Will I loose my own money on hand during these attacks.

At this stage their is no incentive for me to be in a faction if It will affect the before listed.The walkthrough states that factions will be matched based on Attack stats so you should not see the scenerio that you posted.

njhott
01-06-2013, 11:18 AM
Re: ipad - me thinks this is the real source of your problem. Next time Android. Just good natured ribbing.

When testing the gameplay prior to release make sure somebody is using an iPad 1.

I held off upgrading to MW 3 till now due to game crashouts and being unable to attack players with highly developed bases. It appeared that some recent changes were made and it had stabilized as I was again able to get a series of attacks or raids going with minimal issues.

Upgrade has now reintroduced all the previous problems. Cannot access some bases, get a "cannot attack" or "cannot raid" indication when the red bar is still active above the target, if manage an attack the game crashes out if the result is a combination situation (eg receive money AND lose a unit).

Even checking my own inventory is unstable. The only thing that is reliable is PVE.

Though I do not actually know how the gameplay goes during the faction battles there is no way I would consider being a part of a team offering such a lame duck as my iPad game currently is.

Joshuadonner
01-06-2013, 11:30 AM
My faction will not participate in the First World War do to failure of gree. I have 8 bots I can't remove that another bot allowed into my faction. thanks for starting all of this before you worked out the issues. You guys have givin alot of us a serious disadvantage. Please do not award anyone a gift for it. I will delete my account if you do.

FYV
01-06-2013, 11:36 AM
Some of your questions are addressed in the FAQ at http://product.gree.net/us/event/world-domination/faq

Thanks Stuart you're a star. Hadn't spotted those, there's bits of info all over the place! ;o)

Does anyone know the answers to my questions 3, 5, 6 & 7? Or where I can find the answers?

Vegaman
01-06-2013, 12:17 PM
Hi CJ,

When you eventually fix the ghost member section, which many of us have been really disadvantaged by. (I have 7 members who contribute nothing and yet as a team we worked really hard and spent 100's of $millions getting Guild bonuses to add members, believing more members equals more cash and concrete). We need a fair level playing field to carry on with the World Domination events..

Therefore i propose for every Ghost member a team has from the fix date back to say the 19th Dec 2012, they get 4 concrete and $3 million per ghost player per day. Thats about average. I know some are more or less but its about fairness. This amount would be credited to the faction donate section. So in our case its 7 players x 'X Days' x 4 bricks and $3 million. This way the game can continue and all injured parties feel compensated.

Thanks for reading and i hope you get a fix as the Faction events have reinvigorated the game.

Happy New Year JJ... "40k Plus Attack" 246709339

Jean marc
01-06-2013, 12:41 PM
Hi CJ,

When you eventually fix the ghost member section, which many of us have been really disadvantaged by. (I have 7 members who contribute nothing and yet as a team we worked really hard and spent 100's of $millions getting Guild bonuses to add members, believing more members equals more cash and concrete). We need a fair level playing field to carry on with the World Domination events..

Therefore i propose for every Ghost member a team has from the fix date back to say the 19th Dec 2012, they get 4 concrete and $3 million per ghost player per day. Thats about average. I know some are more or less but its about fairness. This amount would be credited to the faction donate section. So in our case its 7 players x 'X Days' x 4 bricks and $3 million. This way the game can continue and all injured parties feel compensated.

Thanks for reading and i hope you get a fix as the Faction events have reinvigorated the game.

Happy New Year JJ... "40k Plus Attack" 246709339

Totally agree with you Vegaman. i have 5 ghost member in my faction that cannot contribute anything, since the 20 dec 2012. it is a lot of money and concrete missing for our faction.
Thank you

Joe Op
01-06-2013, 02:02 PM
First
Thank you CJ for giving some type of info's.

Second
Thanks to Ferr and BigD@wg and every other good question, this quote brings it to the point:

However, why dont you just explain how the WD event works in a way that simple souls such as ourselves understand what is being thrown at them.

CJ, please give at least a short answer to BigD@wg's post following here, you see that many of us are worried about the benefit of WD.

Many thanks.

So what happened to these?!? Do these still apply?

http://i49.tinypic.com/fthslx.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/qpfqf7.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/ws1con.jpg

...and, a little anecdote;
Have you ever bought something and had to go back to shop for clarifying because you had less inkling then before your purchase?

Regards

CJ54
01-06-2013, 02:34 PM
Okay, so it looks like most of the questions all break down into a couple of categories:

-We are still discussing the actual reward scheme, which is why that was overly vague. The current idea is that some number of factions (three, probably, but that's still in discussion) win the big enchilada, and every member gets a reward. Additionally, some top players and top contributors get a prize. This does not preclude other tiers of rewards as in the image mockup you all are referencing, it's just the grand prize details. Again, the overall prize structure is still being discussed.

-How factions get matched up against one another: This is another thing we're working on right now with the help of our beta testers. The idea as originally discussed was matching up factions based on relative strength, to start with, and then after that it would be based on points accumulated rather than strength.

-The Ghost faction member issue: We're working on this and will have it fixed as soon as possible (that's actually where I've been the been the last few days, head down and working on this).

-In answer to Ferr, the defense leader won't need to lose any sleep, but players will want to coordinate and be online when they're attacking another faction. You'll be able to select a defense leader when we get closer to launch of WD.

Ericinico
01-06-2013, 02:40 PM
Big dog, joe op, where did those pictures come from?

Baraka
01-06-2013, 02:41 PM
Cheers for that CJ. I know you say your still planning prizes. But can you just tell us surely more that the top 3 factions get prizes.

BigD@wg
01-06-2013, 02:43 PM
Big dog, joe op, where did those pictures come from?

http://product.gree.net/us/event/world-domination

BigD@wg
01-06-2013, 02:47 PM
CJ,

I understand all the details are not defined yet. But are the uber prizes in the pictures for the individual battles or for the faction who wins World Domination?

Thats what is unclear and everyone wants to know. Thanks.

Joe Op
01-06-2013, 02:57 PM
Thanks CJ for reply

I hope GREE's strategists do know that giving prizes only to the top3 factions many other factions will not even want to be involved anymore?? Thanks to all the boosts that factions give you, but than thats it! How many factions are there? 500? 2000? 5000? Come on! It would not be fair to leave the cool top units only to heavy gold spenders. For that you already got the 25 item box events.

Thanks for considering.

Cheers

DesertFox
01-06-2013, 03:35 PM
I think as CJ is stating, the top 3 (possibly more) factions will win an Uber Prize, and each member of that faction will be awarded that prize(s).

But it also sounds like there may be interval prizes for faction to faction confrontations.

Also there is mention of internal faction prizes for biggest contributor (cash and/or concrete) or possibly individual awards for each. Additionally internal faction awards for most points earned (WD points) for the overall event presumably, again prizes for each person in this position in each faction.

So this BEGS THE QUESTION, what is the smallest number of members that makes up a faction, if you could win each of these prizes in your Faction and just be a "Faction of One" then why would you bother to recruit anyone into your faction past say 3 members total?

I hope this event is not a huge /facepalm and ppl that worked hard get hosed, and gold buyers and cheaters get another leg up, that would be well .... ****ty!

Thanks in advance for any answers that will shed light on these thoughts.

DesertFox
01-06-2013, 03:40 PM
Hi,

I forgot the other part of my post, we have one (possibly more) members in our faction that we want to kick/boot, but are unable to, I'm new to the forums, so I'm guessing this is what you are all refering to as Ghost Members or Bots, in this case it's an actual beligerant player that we want OUT!!!

When will this get fixed?

Also I like the ability in the faction listing to sort the factions by, name, rank, number of members, is there ANY POSSIBILITY we could get that same functionality on our own allies page. The loading of 50 allies at a time looking for one person to send them a message is a huge pain.

Thanks, I'm sure this was off topic, but I do like that function on the Faction Listing page!!!

CJ54
01-06-2013, 03:42 PM
Thanks CJ for reply

I hope GREE's strategists do know that giving prizes only to the top3 factions many other factions will not even want to be involved anymore?? Thanks to all the boosts that factions give you, but than thats it! How many factions are there? 500? 2000? 5000? Come on! It would not be fair to leave the cool top units only to heavy gold spenders. For that you already got the 25 item box events.

Thanks for considering.

Cheers

Please re-read what I said. The "Top 3 Factions" only refers to the grand prize.

Hivesy
01-06-2013, 03:47 PM
Thanks for that CJ, I think the part that was unclear originally was that if the top 3 contributors on each faction get cool prizes, regardless of where that faction finishes, well the queue to break up all our factions and start new factions with 3 members only starts here........

Alpha dog
01-06-2013, 03:57 PM
This does not preclude other tiers of rewards as in the image mockup you all are referencing

I took this single line from his quote.

Preclude meaning: prevent the presence, existence, or occurrence of

So replace preclude with prevent the presence, existence, or occurrence of. So our answer is that factions get the prizes as we all thought, just that the exact numbers of factions are still up in the air.

Just my 2 cents, so thanks CJ

CJ54
01-06-2013, 04:28 PM
I took this single line from his quote.

Preclude meaning: prevent the presence, existence, or occurrence of

So replace preclude with prevent the presence, existence, or occurrence of. So our answer is that factions get the prizes as we all thought, just that the exact numbers of factions are still up in the air.

Just my 2 cents, so thanks CJ

I'm honestly not meaning to be obtuse, I just don't yet know what the tiers will look like below the grand prize. As soon as I do, I'll let you all know.

manbeast
01-06-2013, 05:10 PM
regarding prizes for "top three players" and "top three contributors" which is true:

A. rewarded to the top three from every single faction of the whole game? (millions of total prizes)

B. rewarded to the top 3 individual players regardless of faction? (3 player prizes total and 3 contribution prizes total)

C. rewarded to top 3 players from the top 3 placing factions? (9 player prizes total and 9 contribution prizes total)

edit- thank you CJ for working so hard on the bug and for trying to explain this event to us! i cant wait to play it :)

Alpha dog
01-06-2013, 05:13 PM
Okay, so it looks like most of the questions all break down into a couple of categories:

-We are still discussing the actual reward scheme, which is why that was overly vague. The current idea is that some number of factions (three, probably, but that's still in discussion) win the big enchilada, and every member gets a reward. Additionally, some top players and top contributors get a prize. This does not preclude other tiers of rewards as in the image mockup you all are referencing, it's just the grand prize details. Again, the overall prize structure is still being discussed.

-How factions get matched up against one another: This is another thing we're working on right now with the help of our beta testers. The idea as originally discussed was matching up factions based on relative strength, to start with, and then after that it would be based on points accumulated rather than strength.

-The Ghost faction member issue: We're working on this and will have it fixed as soon as possible (that's actually where I've been the been the last few days, head down and working on this).

-In answer to Ferr, the defense leader won't need to lose any sleep, but players will want to coordinate and be online when they're attacking another faction. You'll be able to select a defense leader when we get closer to launch of WD.

Hey CJ,

I'm new to posting on the MW forums, although I've been playing funzio now gree games for over a year now.

But I just wondered if your response to my post means I was wrong in mine.

What I took from that line, as I've stated publicly, was that more than 3 factions (as a whole group) would get something, just that the exact tiers that would receive them were still to be decided. I'm not trying to force this issue or be argumentative, I maybe just wasn't clear enough in my post.

But you said; This does not preclude other tiers of rewards as in the image mockup you all are referencing, it's just the grand prize details.

I translated it for us less fluent in english to This does not prevent the presence, existence, or occurrence of other tiers of rewards as in the image mockup you all are referencing, it's just the grand prize details.

Which I take to say that there will be other tiers as stated, But what those tiers are have not yet been decided. Have I got that wrong?

yours

BigD@wg
01-06-2013, 05:39 PM
C. rewarded to top 3 players from the top 3 placing factions? (9 player prizes total and 9 contribution prizes total)

I'm going to interpret it as this one.

double dan
01-06-2013, 06:42 PM
So how is gree tracking the top donaters for each faction? And will gree be counting donations from the inception of the faction or just donations to the faction during the Battle event?

V/R,

-DD

brittneystephenson66
01-06-2013, 06:44 PM
hi,
I have a question about the faction updated, I'm trying to remove members from my faction that are not contributing to the faction. because I can not remove members, I can not add anyone. I've also sent messages to the faction members about the issue. Is there anyway this glitch will be fixed before the battle for Brazil?

Another issue I'm having is that I am trying to get the faction update on my kindle fire hd and it has not come up yet. is the world domination update available for the kindle fire hd?

Natjo
01-06-2013, 09:12 PM
CJ, thanks for the details on the faction battles. How man days will the faction battle period last? Will it be two days over the weekend, or will it last longer than that?

Another question: will we be able to add or drop faction members during the battle period? If members are dropped during the battle period, will they reap the rewards if the faction gets a reward? If a member is added during the battle phase, will they get a reward if the faction earns a reward?

Alpha dog
01-07-2013, 06:45 AM
CJ, thanks for the details on the faction battles. How man days will the faction battle period last? Will it be two days over the weekend, or will it last longer than that?

Another question: will we be able to add or drop faction members during the battle period? If members are dropped during the battle period, will they reap the rewards if the faction gets a reward? If a member is added during the battle phase, will they get a reward if the faction earns a reward?

You first question has been answered. It's a 3 day event, unless that changes.

Your second question is a good one though I am also interested in that answer, although hopefully factions will be established by then. But changes can happen

Vegaman
01-07-2013, 06:59 AM
Hi CJ,

Can you please look at my proposal and give me an idea of how you are thinking on this so i can tell my faction members who are all quite peeved with the ghost members and the time effort and money spent for nothing other than dead weight. The Guild Bonus structure was sold as a means of adding extra members to a faction and then didn't work.
I posted this.................

"(I have 7 members who contribute nothing and yet as a team we worked really hard and spent 100's of $millions getting Guild bonuses to add members, believing more members equals more cash and concrete). We need a fair level playing field to carry on with the World Domination events..

Therefore i propose for every Ghost member a team has from the fix date back to say the 19th Dec 2012, they get 4 concrete and $3 million per ghost player per day. Thats about average. I know some are more or less but its about fairness. This amount would be credited to the faction donate section. So in our case its 7 players x 'X Days' x 4 bricks and $3 million. This way the game can continue and all injured parties feel compensated".........

Thanks....JJ... "40k Plus Attack" 246709339

jon_funzio
01-07-2013, 07:52 AM
If you were really to expect compensation for "ghost" members (which is unlikely, mainly because this has affected most/all guilds - so it could be argues that you are at no disadvantage in the game as a whole) then it would make more sense to make it based on the pro rate contributions to date - a guild which has a requirement that members donate at least $5million + bricks per day, which mine has, has lost more than the $3m and 4 bricks per day that yours has.

I think it makes more sense that we all just suck it up, and accept that there are going to be bugs in something like this and that they have affected everyone equally.

HGF69
01-07-2013, 08:07 AM
Hi CJ,

Can you please look at my proposal and give me an idea of how you are thinking on this so i can tell my faction members who are all quite peeved with the ghost members and the time effort and money spent for nothing other than dead weight. The Guild Bonus structure was sold as a means of adding extra members to a faction and then didn't work.
I posted this.................

"(I have 7 members who contribute nothing and yet as a team we worked really hard and spent 100's of $millions getting Guild bonuses to add members, believing more members equals more cash and concrete). We need a fair level playing field to carry on with the World Domination events..

Therefore i propose for every Ghost member a team has from the fix date back to say the 19th Dec 2012, they get 4 concrete and $3 million per ghost player per day. Thats about average. I know some are more or less but its about fairness. This amount would be credited to the faction donate section. So in our case its 7 players x 'X Days' x 4 bricks and $3 million. This way the game can continue and all injured parties feel compensated".........

Thanks....JJ... "40k Plus Attack" 246709339

We're all in the same boat so compensation won't help further things.

Procyon
01-07-2013, 09:11 AM
First, thanks CJ for updating us and working on this. But are we sure that the factions are just not following a very familiar overall model?

Group 1 - Works hard, makes money and does their fair share (and sometimes more) to contribute to the greater good.
Group 2 - Wants to work and is willing to contribute but can't find the means to do so.
Group 3 - Sneaks their way into the system, no one can figure out what to do about it, does not want to work or contribute, and reaps all of the benefits provided by the first group.

Once you guys figure out the glitches can you send it to Washington? Maybe they can follow it.

1brent1
01-07-2013, 09:32 AM
It is very frustrating knowing that you have a Start Date around the corner with our Ghost Member Issue still. Its a big disadvantage leading up to the start date to my Faction and everyone else effected.

Its also very frustrating having to waste time posting daily on these Ghost Members Comments trying to get them to reply with their Alliance ID. I eventually get reply back "Why doesn't support contact me then" "I don't know what your talking about" and then days go by with them being reluctant on providing. Support tells me that the only way the Ghost Members can be removed is if I nag them for their Alliance ID. Support should be able to look up my Faction by ID/Invite Code and remove the Ghost members with provided Username & Level, but no. Also not one ghost member has been removed from my Faction since providing their Alliance ID after many weeks.

Vegaman
01-07-2013, 10:58 AM
Reading back some forum members say its the same for everyone with Ghost Members so my compensation idea for discussion to try to level the playing field is a no goer.

Well for the record I'd like to say that there are disadvantages for those Factions that hurried down the Guild Bonus route. We got to 34 members before stopping the Guild Quest as we realised the last 7 members we had recruited were all Ghost Members.

Had we not persued the extra members and spent the money donated on building defence and Health Regeneration and Building Output we would have had a definite advantage over our competitors.

The $3 million and 4 bricks per day per ghost member compensation was a stab in the proverbial dark to try to head off and alleviate the claims from many factions to GREE for reimbursement of gold/$ purchased to buy more bonuses Etc in a flawed game.

Most players I know who play MW are peeved that now having been reenergised to play are now frustrated that its not a fair battle anymore.

Cheers JJ

Col Matt
01-07-2013, 11:03 AM
Cannot believe we have all waited so long for it to last 3 days! What a waste of time!

HGF69
01-07-2013, 12:36 PM
Reading back some forum members say its the same for everyone with Ghost Members so my compensation idea for discussion to try to level the playing field is a no goer.

Well for the record I'd like to say that there are disadvantages for those Factions that hurried down the Guild Bonus route. We got to 34 members before stopping the Guild Quest as we realised the last 7 members we had recruited were all Ghost Members.

Had we not persued the extra members and spent the money donated on building defence and Health Regeneration and Building Output we would have had a definite advantage over our competitors.

The $3 million and 4 bricks per day per ghost member compensation was a stab in the proverbial dark to try to head off and alleviate the claims from many factions to GREE for reimbursement of gold/$ purchased to buy more bonuses Etc in a flawed game.

Most players I know who play MW are peeved that now having been reenergised to play are now frustrated that its not a fair battle anymore.

Cheers JJ

Afraid it is, we have over 40 members and 8 android glitches who we can't boot. The competitive factions all have numerous ghosts so yes we are in the same boat.

mikebarth1955
01-07-2013, 01:16 PM
What about a true Walkthrough or scrimmage before the actual event. We can tell a soldier what a flanking manuver is but until he or she executes it wirh a squad they dont have true understanding. A debrief post practice action seems to clear up many ills. Limit it to a few hours and only one or two wars per faction that participates. Small prizes could be given to all who take part. This would give us an idea of what to expect and flush out some bugs in the process. I know it would cause pages of questions but could it be worse than the questions being generated now. At least with a true Walkthrough we would have something to base our questions on and the process could be better defined. A picture is always worth a thousand words. Let us get a preview of this with nothing on the line so we can go forward with at least a muddy view.

Flavius Flav made a really good suggestion here. GREE, maybe you should think about running a practice WD event on 1/19. There are still plenty of bugs left in the existing system, on top of the new bugs introduced by the factions. Maybe we ought to play a scrimmage game here just to see what's going on.

Vegaman
01-07-2013, 01:20 PM
Afraid it is, we have over 40 members and 8 android glitches who we can't boot. The competitive factions all have numerous ghosts so yes we are in the same boat.

Respect your opinion, but can't agree with the logic. Of course there are many variances and most factions are affected. BUT .... As said, a lot of time and cash was thrown by many at the Guild Bonus route and when the Faction v Faction battles start, those who went down the building defence, health etc route will be at an advantage.

Anyway... In a scottish accent. ....... "It is a fair feild where all are dung down".

Joe Op
01-07-2013, 02:07 PM
Please re-read what I said. The "Top 3 Factions" only refers to the grand prize.

Thanks CJ. I guess I got it wrong first. Sorry for that!

Thief
01-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Flavius Flav made a really good suggestion here. GREE, maybe you should think about running a practice WD event on 1/19. There are still plenty of bugs left in the existing system, on top of the new bugs introduced by the factions. Maybe we ought to play a scrimmage game here just to see what's going on.

They Theoretically already do this with Beta Testers. If you run an Event with no prize then what incentive would you have to play? Yes there are bugs...but there will always be bugs. Nature of the game.

CJ54
01-07-2013, 05:41 PM
The designers and developers working on WD weighed in with the following confirmation:

-There will be multiple tiers of prizes like other events, so it is not just the top 3 guilds (that's just the current plan for the Tier 1 grand prize). We're still working out what the tiers will be exactly, but it should be a pretty wide spread.

-Everyone in a guild that places in a tier will get the tier reward, it's not just the top 3 players or top 25 players or whatever. Whole guild. Anything that ends up being given to individuals for individual performance during the event is a separate consideration.

So yeah, more than a couple of people or a couple of guilds.

Baraka
01-07-2013, 05:42 PM
Awesome CJ.

Alpha dog
01-07-2013, 06:04 PM
Thanks for the clarification CJ, cant wait for the fun to begin!!

mikebarth1955
01-07-2013, 07:20 PM
They Theoretically already do this with Beta Testers. If you run an Event with no prize then what incentive would you have to play? Yes there are bugs...but there will always be bugs. Nature of the game.

The last several pages of this thread are all about the factions glitch -- adding and dropping members. I wonder if they beta-tested that, too?

Archer59
01-07-2013, 09:09 PM
CJ: Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere, but....

The way this has been presented, when a faction declares "war" it sounds like it is similar to battling a "boss"; you attack, there is an automatic response, you lose health, etc. To me, that means the team on the receiving end of the match-up does not ACTIVELY participate in the "war". I this an accurate interpretation?

Flavious Flav
01-08-2013, 12:57 AM

Thanks for your support. In my opinion this would work better than the controlled chaos we see now

SgtBilko
01-08-2013, 01:13 AM
Thanks for your support. In my opinion this would work better than the controlled chaos we see now

Fully support a trial so we can better understand what is going on and maybe give the developers more time to fix the ghost glitch

Flavious Flav
01-08-2013, 01:32 AM

Sport and injury goes hand in hand. Just because injuries are the nature of the game doesn't mean we should accept them. It's the same here. I agree there will always be bugs but we should expect them to be minimized. Each generation of the game should exceed the prior in quality. In my post I suggested a Walkthrough with everyone that participates earning a minor prize. The incentive to play is to perform a bug fix before it really matters. Also, since the written instructions are vague at best, a simulation would provide some good OJT. I hope the beta testing works but as of now I still have multiple ghosts in my faction and a few other problems mentioned in this thread. Also, many factions are developing strategies. How can plans be put into effect without clear objectives and the rules governing those objectives?

mickymacirl
01-08-2013, 03:59 AM
The designers and developers working on WD weighed in with the following confirmation:

-There will be multiple tiers of prizes like other events, so it is not just the top 3 guilds (that's just the current plan for the Tier 1 grand prize). We're still working out what the tiers will be exactly, but it should be a pretty wide spread.

-Everyone in a guild that places in a tier will get the tier reward, it's not just the top 3 players or top 25 players or whatever. Whole guild. Anything that ends up being given to individuals for individual performance during the event is a separate consideration.

So yeah, more than a couple of people or a couple of guilds.

Thanks CJ, this is good, and it's what people want, this will allow people to really try hard for their faction!

I'd suggest some sort of leader board accessible by each member of the faction on their totals in relation to PVP (attacking and raiding) and if possible totals in relation to cash donations and brick donations, will give faction leaders a overview on who's doing what.

stuartb
01-08-2013, 06:19 AM
CJ: Sorry if this is addressed elsewhere, but....

The way this has been presented, when a faction declares "war" it sounds like it is similar to battling a "boss"; you attack, there is an automatic response, you lose health, etc. To me, that means the team on the receiving end of the match-up does not ACTIVELY participate in the "war". I this an accurate interpretation?

My impression was that teams that declare war are matched to other teams that have declared war, but teams that have not declared war are not in play. Say there are 100 factions and five of them hit the "declare war" button at roughly the same time: 4 of the 5 would be matched (A to B, C to D) and E would sit there waiting "a few minutes" for someone else to punch the declare war button.

Your interpretation makes equal sense to me, though, and my faction would prepare itself differently if your interpretation was the correct method.

CJ, this has been asked several times -- can factions sit out, or does the mere fact that you are in a faction mean that you are vulnerable to attack any time during the 3-day event? Or has that not been decided yet?

nic4msu
01-08-2013, 06:37 AM
Question about health: Does everyone start with the same amount of health, or is it increased for those factions that bring higher level fortifications? We're unclear what the health component of the fortifications means -- is something gained by the faction who built it, or the amount of health the attacking faction will lose in the course of taking it down?

Rgf111
01-08-2013, 07:48 AM
First off sorry if this is off topic but i can't find a join my faction post thats staying at the top of forum! I would have started this earlier but with Gree's rep i knew it would be bug ridden joke event as always, but i decided to start a faction solely for the bonuses only (won't be buying fortifications or going to war in WD events ) as what chance do i have of beating the gold and hacker factions, even with my high stats.? none!! so whats the point as u won't finish in the top 250 therefore no prizes :(... if anyone is without a faction for same reasons join me and only donate money for stronger defence building, health regen (perfect for beating elite bosses) and increase income from money buildings!! Ive spent ages camping collecting money and upgrading that looking for non existent concrete is not an option, so if u want to keep your high aa & ad stats and not level up join Strength&Honour faction 274553877 any donations are welcome and u won't be kicked as there is strength in numbers.

nic4msu
01-08-2013, 08:36 AM
Rgf111, are you going to post this on every World Domination related thread? I've seen it on at least 3 already.

double dan
01-08-2013, 09:27 AM
Don't worry nic, he has been reported.

Capt Dan DevGru
01-08-2013, 10:42 AM
Crossing the 19th on my calendar lol.

kev7298
01-09-2013, 01:28 PM
I am concerned about whether the defense leader takes causalities. The bulk of my army is built with valor and I don’t want to lose my units.

CaptainJihad-TheFrench
01-09-2013, 01:52 PM
I cant wait for the brazil battle to start, the french faction are ready, captian jihad is ready. lets kick some uk and us faction a**. So i guess with my 80k+ attack and 80k+ defence the marines better watch out, i am coming for you.

So it is 100% on the 1/19/13? i wanna kick some uk and us butts now

off to bring jihad to the rivals

Captain Jihad, Level 166, Iran - Join me in the battle only china, russia and iran flags. Look out for the french

CJ54
01-10-2013, 02:27 PM
Running through some common questions, will post more later.

Q: Will there be a leaderboard of some kind to see how individual members are doing?

A: Yes, players will be able to see how their members have performed via the number of World Domination points they received.

Q:Can factions sit out? Does being in a faction during the event mean that you are vulnerable to attack by other factions any time during the event?

A: Factions can only be attacked by other factions during the event once they have declared war themselves (this will be an option during the event). If they have not declared war a faction can "sit out" while you wait for everyone to get ready. The point of this specific setting is to allow the faction to gather everyone on at the same time so they can all attack at once

Dr. Dengus
01-10-2013, 03:30 PM
I have a quick question CJ. Factions A and B are matched up for a 1 hr battle, B comes out victorious. Does A still earn any of the WD points they accumulated during the battle even though they lost?

Baraka
01-10-2013, 03:31 PM
I have a quick question CJ. Factions A and B are matched up for a 1 hr battle, B comes out victorious. Does A still earn any of the WD points they accumulated during the battle even though they lost?

Your alive !!!!!

CJ54
01-10-2013, 04:45 PM

Yep, guilds will keep their world domination points from a battle, regardless of whether they win or lose. Guilds that win will get a higher count of WD points but the losing team will still keep theirs for the overall campaign (Battle for Brazil) leaderboard. This also means that teams can recover from a bad match-up as long as they fought hard.

Also, in answer to an earlier question about defense leader casualty rates: defense leaders will have a buff that affects both their defense and also drastically lowers their casualty rate during the defense leader portion. So yes, they can still lose units, but they shouldn't lose many.

Baraka
01-10-2013, 04:51 PM
Can a level 200 beast with 100k attack,destroy a level 20 with 1K defense. How does the matching work.

BigD@wg
01-10-2013, 04:57 PM
Once the defense leader is beaten and other members are exposed to attack, they too would have casualties, correct? If so, is there a buffer on their losses like the defense leader or no buffer?

Will XP gain be similar to normal PVP attacks?

CJ54
01-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Can a level 200 beast with 100k attack,destroy a level 20 with 1K defense. How does the matching work.

I need to get current confirmation on this, but in the original spec it started off on strength and then went by WD points. We're aware of the potential weirdness here and we're working to avoid it over the course of the event.

Once the defense leader is beaten and other members are exposed to attack, they too would have casualties, correct? If so, is there a buffer on their losses like the defense leader or no buffer?

Will XP gain be similar to normal PVP attacks?

It'll be normal attack and defense, with all the stuff that comes from attack and defense.

BigD@wg
01-10-2013, 05:45 PM
It'll be normal attack and defense, with all the stuff that comes from attack and defense.

Thanks for the clarification.

mxz
01-10-2013, 06:15 PM
Does it run thru the actual PVP engine or was a different interface built?

Dudebot121256
01-10-2013, 07:41 PM
How do you match up factions? Is it like total members and the attacks and defense stats?

Koz
01-10-2013, 09:46 PM
If I am the defense leader. I must be defeated b4 anyone can attack my team. Once I am defeated as defense leader you say I go back to my normal Attack anf Defense. Am I immediatly able to fight as the rest of my team is, or do I recover period b4 I can fight again?

dj maj
01-11-2013, 01:12 AM
CJ in the future will we be able to have banners or some type of icon to indicate what faction you are in. This would significantly reduce the rate of friendly fire which seems to be the case in VFF.

,thanks

Desert fox
01-11-2013, 10:31 AM
We are recruiting new members for the world domination events,get ready to work with the most organized faction in modern war .The new recruits must fulfill the following conditions1- required level from 50 to level 952- high income per hour above 500 k3- very good stats4- commitment to the faction & the teamFor those who wants to join us just send me your profile picture through a private message & you will receive more instructions

Koz
01-11-2013, 11:20 AM
Why is it people are still trying to recruit on this thread? This is not the place. U want ppl to pm their profile picture? You looking for a date Desert Fox?

General Sir
01-11-2013, 01:56 PM
Funny, friendly fire is not an issue in my faction. I know every member in my faction. And, if you're not in my faction, you are a target. There is no room for allied factions in this war. There can only be one winner. Good day.

Xzmd
01-11-2013, 10:22 PM
CJ,

Do players all get the same stamina during the WD event?

biggerala
01-12-2013, 01:17 AM
Our leader hasn't been in game for 4 days now! Any chance you could add a second in command so factions can add upgrade bonuses, remove ghost members and do other leader only stuff?

Jacko99
01-12-2013, 03:13 AM
Good idea biggerala, my second in command is great (major) and would be good if he could fully take the reigns at times. Otherwise, this faction leadership thing will be like a second job (albeit slightly more fun!).

nic4msu
01-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Yes, yes, yes to the second in command idea! Our actual team leader had to transfer the position over to me so that I could handle the ghost issues while he was at work. It would have been so much better if he simply could have given me those privileges!

Kjctnorris
01-13-2013, 11:09 AM
Has it been posted anywhere how long this event will last?

double dan
01-13-2013, 11:20 AM
Has it been posted anywhere how long this event will last?

Yep, you only have about 50 minutes left. If you are talking about the PVP event going on right now.

It ends at Noon Pacific time.

V/R,

-DD

Kjctnorris
01-13-2013, 11:22 AM
Yep, you only have about 50 minutes left. If you are talking about the PVP event going on right now.

It ends at Noon Pacific time.

V/R,

-DDno, I mean the event next weekend.

double dan
01-13-2013, 11:26 AM
no, I mean the event next weekend.

Yeah, that info is out there somewhere, you will have to search for it. It's only going to last a couple days. It might be in the first post of this thread.

V/R,

-DD

*Edit, I couldn't find the info on how long it's lasting in CJ's first post, but I'm pretty sure I saw somebody talk about it somewhere.

ballzini
01-13-2013, 03:16 PM
Hey all,

-CJ

Update 1/4/13

A: Factions will be locked down during the event; you will not be able to join a faction during that time or add members.

My faction has been trying to figure out how to promote someone to defense leader. Is this option available to us yet?

Baraka
01-13-2013, 03:51 PM
No !!!!!!!!!!!!

Dudebot121256
01-13-2013, 04:50 PM
My faction has been trying to figure out how to promote someone to defense leader. Is this option available to us yet?Doing this is only available during World Domination events. The first, World Domination: Battle for Brazil, starts Saturday, January 19, 2013. Good luck and happy hunting.

Jean marc
01-14-2013, 10:58 AM
CJ,

Our faction has a question on how this war will work.

When a faction declare war to another faction let say that a faction has 40 members and we only get 30 members ready for the attack do we get to select only those 30 members via a button of some sort for the attack and the 10 are left do they still get attack even if they are not available.

FYV
01-14-2013, 02:49 PM
Anyone know the exact time on 19th Jan WD will start? Noon PST? 00:01hrs am? checked the entire forum and couldn't find it. Also more questions:

1) how will we know our/their defense leader has been defeated?
2) same question for fortifications...

Thank u. Fi (FYV) x

Natjo
01-15-2013, 04:04 AM
How many hours will the Battle for Brazil World domination event last? Will it be 48 hours? Or 72 hours? Will it run from noon PST 1/19 to Noon PST 1/21,or will it have different start and end times?

Ace Ebb
01-15-2013, 04:36 AM
Hey all,

-CJ

Update 1/4/13

Will the defense leader lose units and stats change during the battle for brazil?

BigD@wg
01-15-2013, 04:45 AM
Will the defense leader lose units and stats change during the battle for brazil?

CJ already confirmed that defense leaders will incur casualties. He said the defense leader will be slightly buffered somehow to minimize some casualties. However, once the defense leader falls, each member of the faction is exposed, can be attacked, and "normal" PVP casualty rates apply.

spiders05
01-15-2013, 02:35 PM
This is worse than the buildup to Christmas for a 5 year old.

Joe Op
01-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Anyone know the exact time on 19th Jan WD will start? Noon PST? 00:01hrs am? checked the entire forum and couldn't find it.

Thank u. Fi (FYV) x

Hi CJ

I would really appreciate a answer to that Q. Or will there be a splash soon?

Cheers, joe

Cmputrgbln
01-16-2013, 07:58 PM
How many hours will the Battle for Brazil World domination event last? Will it be 48 hours? Or 72 hours? Will it run from noon PST 1/19 to Noon PST 1/21,or will it have different start and end times?

CJ, please clarify as it is very hard to coordinate faction members who are across the globe without this information!

Peppers
01-16-2013, 07:59 PM
CJ, please clarify as it is very hard to coordinate faction members who are across the globe without this information!

Ditto. We all need to know this information! Please let us know the date and time its supposed to start and end :)

Dudebot121256
01-16-2013, 08:02 PM
Ditto. We all need to know this information! Please let us know the date and time its supposed to start and end :)It is going to start on Saturday, January 19th, 2013. As for a time, I'm guessing 12:01 AM or 12:00 PM.

Morphlingman
01-16-2013, 08:34 PM
Also will we be able to build or upgrade fortifications during the event?
Will we be able to buy bonuses during the event?

CosmicSquirrel
01-17-2013, 09:20 PM
It's starting on the 18th now.