PDA

View Full Version : Revenge is a dish best served cold

Deskjockey
01-02-2013, 04:39 AM
More than three months ago, while I was trying to save up for a manor upgrade, I got repeatedly attacked by a player who brushed off my requests for an alliance. I managed to weather it by remaining under the vault cap and waiting while she leveled up, but she took a good 200,000-plus of my gold. Well, it just so happens that she's still on my news feed and now I've got a buttload of dragons and double her A/D. Last night I took half of my gold back--it just so happens I caught her as she was making her run for BD10. It felt good even though I lost a few dragons and didn't net that much in the end. I think I'll be stopping by on a regular schedule...

echus14
01-02-2013, 05:02 AM
Which is why I believe the golden rule in KA etiquette is always accept a polite request for alliance from someone you've attacked (and by request, I mean making an actual post, not just sending a naked invite). Besides, there's no need to bully people. On the other hand, it's surprising how many people who get hit don't request to ally.

It's not yet April, but you can get your taxes in now :)

SevenO9
01-02-2013, 05:48 AM
Funny coincidence:

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?43496-They-say-Revenge-is-a-dish-best-served-cold&p=538810#post538810

Dexter Morgan
01-02-2013, 06:47 AM
I hope you take triple the gold they took from you. Make them beg for mercy!!

Metajetta
01-02-2013, 07:02 AM
If, for some reason, I repeatedly attack someone in cold blood, I also leave an invite. By repeatedly I don't mean farming because I'm not at that level yet. I mean like last night when I was happily running around picking up all the over vault or unvaulted gold lying around. If I relieved someone of 10k it wasn't personal, just a friendly reminder that keeping up with one's vault is important.

I would certainly go cripple someone who seemed to have it out for me after repeated peace efforts, but otherwise I'm not into revenge for myself. Now, don't be beastly to other vulnerable people, or you'll see one seriously angry rogue on your doorstep.

Vile Lynn
01-02-2013, 07:08 AM
More than three months ago, while I was trying to save up for a manor upgrade, I got repeatedly attacked by a player who brushed off my requests for an alliance. I managed to weather it by remaining under the vault cap and waiting while she leveled up, but she took a good 200,000-plus of my gold. Well, it just so happens that she's still on my news feed and now I've got a buttload of dragons and double her A/D. Last night I took half of my gold back--it just so happens I caught her as she was making her run for BD10. It felt good even though I lost a few dragons and didn't net that much in the end. I think I'll be stopping by on a regular schedule...

lol, great post! I was never offered an alliance, but I had a rival a long time ago that vowed revenge... I'm still waiting.

Vile Lynn
01-02-2013, 07:10 AM
I hope you take triple the gold they took from you. Make them beg for mercy!!

Wow, Dexter, I didn't know you were so evil, hehe... I like!

Mr.Grumpy
01-02-2013, 09:28 PM
deskjockey, there's a lot of us that would love to be in the position you're in now. take them to the cleaners—for us.

King Gabriel388
01-02-2013, 09:47 PM

Like for me, I don't even remember all the people I have attacked like a few days ago. I wonder if she remembers you like from 3 months ago. I've done a lot of what she did. This is after all a war game. And if someone from 3 months past attacked me and got 100k, I probably would not remember what I did to that person. I would take a look at your stats, figure how much I need to spend extra to attack you back successfully. That part of the game is interesting. If you posted on my wall and said, "Got you half back for that 200k you took from me 3 months back," then I would know what happened between me and you.

P4TR1C14N
01-03-2013, 06:38 AM
I don't attack that much. If I attack, then it's because I need the money urgently, but most of the time it's just to show them that next time they attack me, they better think again. I can't belief how much ppl attack eachother without checking opponent's stats.

Kbiancamano
01-09-2013, 11:33 AM
When someone attacks you and your news gives you the "revenge" option, can you click that option then look at their stats before attacking like you do when you invade or are you stuck automatically attacking?

Guido69
01-09-2013, 11:43 AM
When someone attacks you and your news gives you the "revenge" option, can you click that option then look at their stats before attacking like you do when you invade or are you stuck automatically attacking?

you can view their stats first (like "invade")