PDA

View Full Version : Gree Where Are You with Agent Smith?

Jian Carlo
01-02-2013, 04:34 AM
It has now been 4 days of none stop attacks from hackers, the various Agent Smiths be that with a _ or a @ before their name, also Mr. Anderson and all the other hacker names.
I'm being hit almost 100 times a day by these guys.

I know you will comeback and state we cannot say what we're doing to stop these guys but Gree I think you need to be saying something to us, even if its "give us a few more days" or something.

The present position cannot go on long, it's a ridiculous state of affairs, a mega software company being made to look foolish by a few "smart" hackers who no doubt see this as great fun.

Cheaters in this game have been here forever, hackers maybe more recent but for me they are spoiling my game and unless things happen soon to stop the rot then it will be time to call it a day.

Not going to talk about gold boycotts, cos that's a waste of time, but for mid stat players like me you have to get your act together.

DenZ1
01-02-2013, 07:56 AM
I'm not sure where Gree is... Probably getting some beer... But agentSmith is right here :) He works hard to get us "entertained" :)

dudeman
01-02-2013, 09:22 AM
Here's a situation I am facing as a direct result of this hacker nonsense.

I am used to having a news feed made up of almost 95% green stories from rivals making failed attacks against me. When I have 100 stamina to spend, which happens every morning and occasionally throughout the day, it takes me only a few minutes (5-10) to burn through it using the links in my news.

For the past week I have been hit relentlessly by the hacker accounts. When the hackers attack, they hit you 10 times with at least two different accounts (or that's what it looks like) which makes 10 new entries in the news. This also pushes 10 old stories off the news feed.

This means I no longer have any links with which to quickly burn my stamina. That means I have to use the rivals list, and unless I recognize someone's name I usually have to check their stats. This costs me time. Sometimes that's not an issue, but when I log in to "quickly" burn off my 100 stamina and I see that I need to look for rivals, I am more inclined to log out and just not play.

If I have 100 stamina to spend, that means I need to find a minimum of 10 rivals to fight. Often that number is greater than 10 depending on all the variables. Searching the rivals list and checking stats will usually cost close to a minute per rival. So instead of taking 10 minutes in the morning to burn my 100 stamina, it might take me 20 or 30 minutes.

Yeah... That's not happening. I am not at all interested in sitting down with CC and browsing the rivals list for half an hour just so I can use my stamina. So what happens instead? I just don't play.

Fix your game Gree. The current state of Crime City is unacceptable and almost unplayable.

Babytway
01-02-2013, 09:53 AM
just go and blind attack starting from the top. you may lose some but better than spending the "extra time" looking for guaranteed wins. and in the end you might end up spending less time burning through 100 stamina

RijilV
01-02-2013, 10:10 AM
well, I imagine gree is sitting back counting their money and whimsically wondering how long they're really interested in running a particular platform for.

specifically to Dudeman's post - why do you even bother with PVP anymore? I'm about 80K RP away from making out on RP items, I'm having a hard time figuring out why I'd continue past that point. Don't get me wrong, it works out well for me to attack you and loose and have you come back and burn up my 10 defeats for a couple of hours to keep me out of other people's rival lists, but I wonder what your stats are getting out of it :)