PDA

View Full Version : Alex

ProCision
12-31-2012, 01:23 PM
I haven't been playing that long but I am pretty annoyed by seeing the same named people in this game. At any given time I will see a person named Alex. Sometimes I see two or three at a time. There all different people. Why would it have been so hard to not allow people with same "gamer tag"? I see a lot of "Sir", "Sam" "Josh" and a few others. But Alex? I don't even know a person named Alex, how can there be so many people that want to be called Alex?

Fl@sh
12-31-2012, 01:26 PM
Alex is the default name given for those who input "flagged" words as names.

Procyon
12-31-2012, 01:27 PM
I think "Alex" is the default name MW gives a player when first setting up the game. Perhaps if you don't change it, it stays as the default.

ProCision
12-31-2012, 01:36 PM
Well they should have a name generator and not just use one name. You cant change your name can you?

Major Silverback
12-31-2012, 01:37 PM
I think "Alex" is the default name MW gives a player when first setting up the game. Perhaps if you don't change it, it stays as the default.

That's correct. I recently transfer my acct to my iPad 3, when I 1st opened MW to set up the transfer I didn't add a name. I was then Alex, lol.

FromAfar
12-31-2012, 06:01 PM
one may think good programming would not allow an account to be created unless there was a name and it passed filter.

negotiator
12-31-2012, 06:56 PM
Well they should have a name generator and not just use one name. You cant change your name can you?

Yes you can, you will need to contact support and make the request.

You can access that via the clipboard, then more, then help, and on the top left is contact support. Then you cross your fingers and wait for a day or two all the up to never getting a response.

Sorry about the last part I am a little bitter at the moment over a vault of gold that never showed up and I have not heard back in 6 days. To make Gree look worse, Itunes replied back in a matter of hours.

Good luck

albeezy
01-01-2013, 07:35 AM
I thought Alex was the name required to join the sisters of mercy?

digisyn
01-01-2013, 09:16 AM
Ahh... That makes sense! I thought that it was odd that so many people were named Alex... Now let's get an answer on "Sir"!

Baraka
01-01-2013, 10:36 AM
Ahh... That makes sense! I thought that it was odd that so many people were named Alex... Now let's get an answer on "Sir"!ask Front. He was a sir before the change I Think.