PDA

View Full Version : Hood Planner Update

itzkakarot
12-31-2012, 10:08 AM
Hi All,

I've released an update to the hood planner with the new Frosty building. Check it out below, and don't forget to follow the upgrade instructions in the Readme tab.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqX4lDb5cyUvdC05am9PZjlwczJ0ZkgtdWFxcVFUd 0E#gid=2

-itz

Edit: Happy New Year! :D

iteachem
12-31-2012, 10:12 AM
Thanks for all your work...

TruthHurts
12-31-2012, 10:24 AM
Thanks Itz! Your efforts are truly appreciated!

Indian bong
12-31-2012, 11:47 AM
Thnx bro . . was much needed . .

Bala82
12-31-2012, 12:15 PM
Thanks love planning sheet as one i was using didn't have one

Elastic Earl
12-31-2012, 12:26 PM
Wow this is awesome! Thank you.

Tomatoneverdie
12-31-2012, 12:32 PM
The loot spreadsheet in your signature is awesome too, thanks!!

mxz
12-31-2012, 12:35 PM
Best econ tool in the game! Thanks for all your work, itz. In the Funzio Forum Fantasy League you're a first round pick for sure.

Chips
12-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Awesome, thank you!!!

Paulio
12-31-2012, 02:20 PM
Thank you, itz. This is great work.

mxz, I'd pick you for my FFFL, too.

Ramshutu
12-31-2012, 02:28 PM
Well there goes my week off....

I have some numbers that need crunching, to the geek cave!

Thanks itz, I can't say how useful the spreadsheets are.

Nicky the Nose
12-31-2012, 03:53 PM
Great job. Thanks for sharing and all your hard work.

marshmall
12-31-2012, 05:16 PM
Really nice doc and tnx for sharing it , it showed exactly the right ammount iph :)

Just too little rows for my hood so i had to expand it a little but no hard to do it (got too many buildings i guess) ;)

itzkakarot
12-31-2012, 05:31 PM
Thanks folks, always good to know that the sheets are getting good use. Soon I need to do an update the loot sheet as well, but as that one is much more involved so it will have to wait a while longer.

Olly turned me on to the Frosty buildings and I must say, they're a nice addition to any economy. Getting 3x to Level 10 takes only 26 days and yields nearly $1MM per collection. They're each comparable to having 1.5 Level 1 NCs at a fraction of the cost:

Level 10 Frosty
Level 1 Nightclub

Time to Build
8.6 days
6 days

Cost to Build
$12,466,334 + 125g
$40,000,000

Yield/Day
$900,000
$525,000

Yield/Day (Tycoon)
$990,000
$577,500

Not sure if they're still on the store (I got my 3 yesterday) but if they are, I think they're worth getting and upgrading to 10 almost immediately.

daware
12-31-2012, 11:35 PM
Thanks for keeping it updated. I had to wing it myself for the new building. Since yours is out, I'm switching back to yours again!

OffensivelyNamedGuy
01-01-2013, 08:17 PM
Thanks Itz, I always wonder about these Limited Edition buildings since there is no data. You sold me on 3 of them.

TonySpaghetti
01-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Is the loot spreadsheet going to be updated? :)

itzkakarot
01-05-2013, 08:53 AM
Thanks Itz, I always wonder about these Limited Edition buildings since there is no data. You sold me on 3 of them.
Yeah, usually they're not really worth it, more of an aesthetic purchase. And I personally have plenty better things to spend real money on than virtual aesthetics, honestly. :)

Here's a summary of this season's LE buildings:

Haunted Houses - A decent purchase. Another 1hr building for Box events, and the free building upgrades made the 100g a good deal. Best looking LE building so far, for those who care about that stuff. Not the greatest choice for helping build your economy, so if you have enough cash flow to focus on NC upgrades you should keep your in game cash there once these babies hit level 4 or 5.

Gobble Gobble Buffet - Looks to be a low level gold-spender building. Not nearly worth the gold cost when comparing against Pirate Taverns, Rock Cafes or any of the other higher gold buildings. Even though it's a Type A building the base income is just too low. I can't speak to their staying power as I didn't purchase any

Frosty Hideout - As I mentioned, the best LE purchase thus far. Good base income, Type A upgrade growth, and at level 10 this is basically a Level 1.5 NC at 1/3 the size and 1/5 the cost. I would upgrade these to level 10 ASAP, stopping along the way only to build the next NC upgrade that you can afford.

Is the loot spreadsheet going to be updated? :)
I promise that it will be, but I can't promise when, other than SOON. :)

Chips
01-05-2013, 07:37 PM
The Gobbles and Frosty are pretty similar in income, cost, and speedy upgrades. I'd say the biggest difference is the size, 5x5 vs 3v3. They are decent buildings for HL players, but serious game changers for LL players.

They came at a perfect time for my LL account, after saving for long and expensive Loft and MT upgrades, ready to start saving for NC's, these come along and make NC savings much easier, it's like having 5 more Lofts.

LongFingers
01-07-2013, 02:30 PM
A bit later, but thank you Itz !!!

Ramshutu
01-07-2013, 02:48 PM
Gobble Gobble Buffet - Looks to be a low level gold-spender building. Not nearly worth the gold cost when comparing against Pirate Taverns, Rock Cafes or any of the other higher gold buildings. Even though it's a Type A building the base income is just too low. I can't speak to their staying power as I didn't purchase any

Frosty Hideout - As I mentioned, the best LE purchase thus far. Good base income, Type A upgrade growth, and at level 10 this is basically a Level 1.5 NC at 1/3 the size and 1/5 the cost. I would upgrade these to level 10 ASAP, stopping along the way only to build the next NC upgrade that you can afford.

I would have to be a party pooper here, and say that as the income of the Gobble Gobble is almost identical (~5% difference) to the frosty compared to a 25% gold difference and identical upgrade time and cost. Granted the footprint is smaller, at the level where it is most appropriate, size is not really that much of an issue, if only that were true in the rest of life.

I would consider frosty better, but I'm actually liking both the gobble and the frosty, and both are absolute game changers for LLP's. Simply for the fact it takes barely any significant cash or time investment to go from nothing to having a building that provides a significant proportion of hourly income.

saying that, it is all academic now as I don't beleive either are available any more! So if you've got them, you've got them.

mxz
01-07-2013, 02:58 PM
Frosty's are still available in my store.

DvD
01-07-2013, 04:11 PM
I'm a lucky little hooligan today, got 100 gold from the "Add me Tuesday" lottery, saw this, signed up for the NFL Visa fan sweepstakes to go from 111 gold to 139, and bought my first LE building. I'm already sitting on $12.5MM cash, my IPH is barely over $100K, no NC, I got 2x level 5 loft, 2x level 7 MT, a level 2 UC and a level 3 UC, 2x level 5 DR, 2x level 3 BSI, random other nonsense buildings, but now, HO HO HO, I have a fat little frosty. I put him up in the top left corner facing out into the serene ephemeral blueness. So Long and THANKS for all the tips!!!!

String-Girl
01-08-2013, 12:14 AM
Thanks, Itzk! I bought three Frosty's right away because there's one of them right on the Plaza in Cananea, Son. MX that I love sooo much I apparently (after looking through tons of sd cards) never took a picture of.

I reorganized my hood after my last expansion so all my One Hour Buildings were right there on the screen when I logged in so I could collect them all, hit the event and log off all without scrolling around. I found if you place your Frosty's *just so* behind two Beach Nightclubs on that first 10x16 block to the East(?) with only a T-Shirt Stand to hint there's something behind there,... the Collect Badges line up almost perfectly. They've never been robbed, and a huge part of my Hood's revenue.

cditti
01-18-2013, 07:42 AM
This is awesome! thanks for the sheet!