PDA

View Full Version : Scratcher Hacks??

Lt. Falcon
12-31-2012, 07:42 AM
I was kinda excited when Scratchers were brought into Modern War but seen a lot of skepticism about them. This morning, after collecting with my LLP, I noticed that someone "tried" to hit me last night and when I went back to pay him a visit and "hit" him back since he was over vault. I won, but as I looked through his top units he had 3 "match 6" units which included Sky Predator, Siege Carrier and Seige Railgun; 4 "match 5" units which included 2 Desert Cobras, a Spider Tank and a Drone Carrier. I am wondering if this is a hack or if someone could actually be this lucky?

Note: This player is not a high level player (lvl 53) and his wall's oldest comment is 58 days old. I know these items could have been previously bought, but consider that unlikely as there are no other gold items in his inventory not listed as scratcher prizes, as I've seen a couple Blackjacks as well. There is no purchased gold buildings either.

ProCision
12-31-2012, 07:48 AM
just from what my friend has got off of scratchers I will say its pure luck. He was level 20 with nearly 10k A/D and hit level 30 and got a AC from a $100,000,000 scratcher. I wish it would say in your profile how many days played. Then you could see how many scratchers he could have scratched. I also have a friend that is level 10 with an AC from getting a 100 mil scratcher. Me I have spent $100 on scratchers to get nearly all common BS and valor. I have no luck with this game.

Here is my buddy that is level 10

http://i49.tinypic.com/15zjbkm.png

Idiokus
12-31-2012, 09:21 AM
Gree should at least give out units and prizes according to level. Since they arrived to MW I have only won crappy units that don't add to my attack/ defense. Heli's and infantry with 10 attack...what a joke:-(

I bought a few and gave up...will never go there again!! So if they get removed I wouldn't care...but I do care about hacking going on with scratchers on CC and if that started over here that's just going to get ugly and create an unbalance. Oh well...

Jhoemel
12-31-2012, 09:48 AM
Gree should at least give out units and prizes according to level. Since they arrived to MW I have only won crappy units that don't add to my attack/ defense. Heli's and infantry with 10 attack...what a joke:-(

I bought a few and gave up...will never go there again!! So if they get removed I wouldn't care...but I do care about hacking going on with scratchers on CC and if that started over here that's just going to get ugly and create an unbalance. Oh well...

Happy new year partner

Chuck Nuts
12-31-2012, 09:50 AM
The scratchers are definitely the easiest way to hack the game right now and probably the most likely to stay under the radar and not get caught. The scratcher hack would be very easy, but Gree SHOULD be able to detect when it happens.... the question is if they care enough to put security in place to detect when it happens.

I'd recommend to report the impossibly lucky guy to Gree. If he bought a ton of scratchers and hit three jackpots legitimately, then no harm done. If he did hack the scratchers then hopefully Gree will have some way to identify it when they manually check his profile.

Kind regards.

SuperSonic Chimp
12-31-2012, 11:25 AM
I'm with you guys, nothing but crap from scratchers. After the 5th scratcher I purchased I stopped buying them. Nothing but recon infantry and 250 valor. I have gotten two match 4s a blackjack and 5k valor off of the daily scratchers tho. I've only been playing for 8 weeks so I figured I've gotta crawl before I walk.

Now back on target, I had this one guy I used as a personal atm for the longest time (due never knew when to stop attacking me even though he would lose) low level. One day out of nowhere, he ended up with a spider tank I think it is called, and that INSANE Machine gun mercenary..I think is the name....the one with 12xx att and 999 defense. about a week 4 days later he had that walking robot unit (dont know the name of it either) match 6 winner. But just before he had them, he had maybe 35 allies and pretty good attack/defense. He deleted them all...and *poof* popped up with the units. I'm not sure if he hacked or what...but never seemed right. And Ironically, I still beat him for another two weeks before he got booted off my sitrep.

mxz
12-31-2012, 12:24 PM
The scratchers are definitely the easiest way to hack the game right now and probably the most likely to stay under the radar and not get caught. The scratcher hack would be very easy, but Gree SHOULD be able to detect when it happens.... the question is if they care enough to put security in place to detect when it happens.False. Hacking scratchers is no different than hacking any other item.

PIRATE JUSTICE
12-31-2012, 12:57 PM
Hackers are everywhere. Gree does nothing about them. Why? Apparently, they can't stop them. SIGH ... :(

Forty9
12-31-2012, 01:31 PM
Scratchers are easily exploited on Android, scratchers have also been exploited on IOS. The best thing Gree ever done was release MW on Android.

You think hackers are a problem on IOS? That was the thin edge of a wedge compared to Android.

IlliniFan1
12-31-2012, 01:47 PM
I usually get nothing from the scratchers. I've received a blackjack and two savage cruisers, but I get a lot of two of a kinds (Transport IFVs, Desert Elites).

Col.34w
12-31-2012, 03:42 PM
I no longer get scratchers since 3.0. I guess this is NOT normal?

Tournai
01-02-2013, 08:44 AM
version 3.0.6 is available is the app store, so maybe this will bring your scratchers back.

Chuck Nuts
01-04-2013, 11:58 AM
I started a brand-new character on an old iTouch just for experimentation purposes and his first scratcher right out of the box was $10,000,000!!! No hacking, cheating or scamming.... wish I could have got that with my real character!

Now, here I am stating this as a guy who just received a very nice bonus: What the heck is a level 2 brand-new character going to do with $10,000,000 other than buy a metric buttload of Rangers and Hum-Vee's ? Sure I was able to expand my base and buy all the basic buildings as fast as they could be built, but any cash that I don't spend before level 5 will most likely get stolen. Fortunately I know to just camp with no allies and level up my unit buildings to buy some more powerful units with the cash, but what's a noob going to do?

There is no valid reason why an entry level character should be getting huge $$$$ or the other big bonuses that they can win from the scratchers. Scratcher awards should be scaled to the character's level, just like the stats on event prize units.

Dutchie
01-04-2013, 01:47 PM
Unfortunately it will be hard for GREE to stop the hackers without rewriting a lot of the code. Application security has to be done at the design stage before a single piece of code has been written because once the game is released, the cost of fixing these security holes goes up enormously! Most game developers don't even think about security prior to developing the game, hence there are hacks for so many games out there!