PDA

View Full Version : Why Can't The Anniversary Center be Permanent?!

BigD@wg
12-30-2012, 05:29 PM
I don't understand why this building will not remain a permanent fixture in the game. My main account has them but my LLP had no chance of getting one. The only way I could have gotten one on that account would have been to spend $500 on it. If I'm spending that kind of money, it certainly won't be for a money building.

I think it's great we got a new building but make it available and accessible to everyone. Consider it Gree.

PIRATE JUSTICE
12-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Unless the vault limits are raised, why would you want a building generating more fake money than you can vault?

Dreno33
12-30-2012, 05:35 PM
chances are it will be. just say its LE to get ppl to buy it. lol. idk, i got mine. not complaining, haha

BigD@wg
12-30-2012, 05:37 PM
Unless the vault limits are raised, why would you want a building generating more fake money than you can vault?

Long time no see PJ. Because I don't have an all gold army like you my friend. I can throw all that extra cash into aircraft carriers and stealth bombers to just try and stay afloat.

PIRATE JUSTICE
12-30-2012, 05:49 PM
Long time no see PJ. Because I don't have an all gold army like you my friend. I can throw all that extra cash into aircraft carriers and stealth bombers to just try and stay afloat.Happy Holidays, everyone. Yes, you can buy trinkets to be destroyed by the HACKERS. The handwriting isn't only on the wall, my friend, it's on the floor and ceiling.

mxz
12-30-2012, 06:13 PM
The only way I could have gotten one on that account would have been to spend $500 on it. You answered it, yourself. Everything a business does is to, directly or indirectly, receive income for growth. If they didn't they'd be called bankrupt, the Government, or both.

manbeast
12-30-2012, 06:35 PM
i don't understand why there is STILL no splash screen in game or some sort of count down until the AC's will no longer be available. People who havent been on the forum might not have even noticed them.. or they might have just started saving and they will disappear haha

BigD@wg
12-30-2012, 06:37 PM
You answered it, yourself. Everything a business does is to, directly or indirectly, receive income for growth. If they didn't they'd be called bankrupt, the Government, or both.

I see your point but I don't think I answered my own question. While there may be immediate monetary gain with limited time offers, I think in the end it can hurt their bottom line. I think potential new spenders see imbalances like this and can easily get discouraged and simply quit. Granted my position stands on the premise that Gree has any type of longterm vision for this game (which is highly doubtful).

If they were looking for immediate and longterm monetary gain on this building then they should have simply made this a gold money building. I think many more people would have spent real money on it that way.

I have my own opinion as to why this building was created in the first place and i think it had very little to do with celebrating a one year annivesary. No need to recap as that has been discussed in a different thread.

BigD@wg
12-30-2012, 06:42 PM
i don't understand why there is STILL no splash screen in game or some sort of count down until the AC's will no longer be available. People who havent been on the forum might not have even noticed them.. or they might have just started saving and they will disappear haha

I do have to thank the forum for that one. As I had all the money buildings, I would have never looked in game and seen it!

Ranger4Life
12-30-2012, 06:50 PM
The name of the building answers your question. It's an Anniversary Building. So it's trying to reward those players that have been around a long time. If you're not in whale territory and have been around at least 6 months, then this is easy to get.

BigD@wg
12-30-2012, 07:05 PM
The name of the building answers your question. It's an Anniversary Building. So it's trying to reward those players that have been around a long time. If you're not in whale territory and have been around at least 6 months, then this is easy to get.

I agree, it was simple for my main account to get them. I had one the day after it was released and the second within the same week. But that doesn't sound like much of a reward for all long term players. What about all the long term players that are in the whale zone? Doubt many of them are feeling rewarded.

Poopenshire
12-30-2012, 07:56 PM
There is a splash screen in the data files. It must not be launching for some odd reason.

Mr.Grumpy
12-30-2012, 08:00 PM
does anyone know how long it's available for? exactly?

Ranger4Life
12-30-2012, 08:06 PM
I'm lvl198 so I'm deep in whale zone. Still recognize the gesture though.

mxz
12-30-2012, 08:55 PM
If they were looking for immediate and longterm monetary gain on this building then they should have simply made this a gold money building. I think many more people would have spent real money on it that way.I challenge the notion that they didn't get any immediate gain, as there were a fair number of people who purchased in-game cash to buy it. What's to say they won't make it a gold building later?

To your point - I don't think they will, as there's no history of them doing that (and people are creatures of habit)...so the lack of long term vision comment may be applicable in this scenario.

iamnasty
12-30-2012, 09:01 PM
I'm lvl198 so I'm deep in whale zone. Still recognize the gesture though.

Do you have the AC ???

Ranger4Life
12-30-2012, 09:07 PM
Do you have the AC ???

Yes, was able to get two of them with one vault of cash purchase and timely collections.

HGF69
12-31-2012, 12:46 AM
does anyone know how long it's available for? exactly?

3 or 5 January was what I heard

WOLS
12-31-2012, 01:16 AM
Its not perm even after u bought it. It will disappear if u put them to the far north of the map (fully expanded) and there is no way to see the building, raid or collect. How good is that...

BigD@wg
12-31-2012, 05:00 AM
While there may be immediate monetary gain with limited time offers, I think in the end it can hurt their bottom line. I think potential new spenders see imbalances like this and can easily get discouraged and simply quit. Granted my position stands on the premise that Gree has any type of longterm vision for this game (which is highly doubtful).

I challenge the notion that they didn't get any immediate gain, as there were a fair number of people who purchased in-game cash to buy it. What's to say they won't make it a gold building later?

To your point - I don't think they will, as there's no history of them doing that (and people are creatures of habit)...so the lack of long term vision comment may be applicable in this scenario.

I never said there wasn't any immediate gain so there is no need to challenge it (you cropped my first paragraph that said just that). It was for immediate gain only.

mxz
12-31-2012, 09:28 AM
I never said there wasn't any immediate gain so there is no need to challenge it (you cropped my first paragraph that said just that). It was for immediate gain only.Ah, I misunderstood what you were trying to say, then. As others have mentioned, it looks to have pulled the remaining boycotters from the sidelines back into the game, though. That's a step forward.

By giving new content the developers are able to show there is forward growth in the title and its not just dying off as some had suggested. Granted, a building is quite easy to program in, but there's been a lot more activity on here because of it. Maybe that was their intention - to get more positive and productive participation in the community.

BigD@wg
12-31-2012, 10:00 AM
Ah, I misunderstood what you were trying to say, then. As others have mentioned, it looks to have pulled the remaining boycotters from the sidelines back into the game, though. That's a step forward.

By giving new content the developers are able to show there is forward growth in the title and its not just dying off as some had suggested. Granted, a building is quite easy to program in, but there's been a lot more activity on here because of it. Maybe that was their intention - to get more positive and productive participation in the community.

No biggie. That's the one thing I hate most about the written word, not only in here, but text messages too. There is no way to express tone and while i understood what I was trying to say it doesn't always get interpreted the same by those reading it.

I agree the Anniversary Center is a great addition. It has created a lot of buzz. It and of course Faction play have restored a lot of players and money spenders back to active duty.