PDA

View Full Version : Gree WTF! Every weekend! FIX IT!

Dr BoneCrusher
12-30-2012, 08:30 AM
GREE: Every weekend, these hackers wreak havoc on YOUR LOYAL COSTUMERS. WTF, you REALY CAN'T FIX IT? Take the game off line, if your have no control of it! Stop Taking Good People's Money!

FIX THE GAME!!!!!!

Jtstar7439
12-30-2012, 09:29 AM
I agree with you 100% it's getting passed the point of ridiculous now. Yet no one from Gree does anything and doesn't seem to care. Personally I really don't think they care and will just let people continually pump money into the game and not fix a thing. Then finally when no one puts anymore real money into it Gree will just look at there profits and say well it cost $$$ to create but we made $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ so to them it doesn't matter.

It's a pixilated app game, they don't cost nearly the same amount as play station or Xbox games and yet they charge a hundred bucks for a vault of gold. The times I've dealt with support it's always been the same few people so I don't think there staff is that big. Now obviously there a big company so I'm not referring to it as a whole but I'd have to think they have made an absolute killing in the profits of crime city alone.

Just my 2 cents, i will probably get banned for mentioning profits or bad taking gree but i really dont care at this point. I really like the game and it has been an awesome time killer for me over the past 9 months but the bots and hackers are really getting old. If you as a company can't figure out how to stop it either hire someone who can or get out of the business.......

Seek & destroy
12-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Its true there's nothing worse then spending a few real dollars to better your att def & some hacker with ten or more sometimes of the best scratchers cleans u out,it's a joke. when players report them surely u see it & can ban them or work out a way to stop that hack,we do our part reporting them now it's your turn to do your part.

Ramshutu
12-30-2012, 11:00 AM
You won't be able to eradicate hackers. The problem here is the policy Gree has on cheating doesn't account for the impact it has on players.

I'm pretty sure, dbc, that you would not have much of an issue if a hacker was taken down within 2 days, and everything that they had done was completely expunged. Im talking all cash lost, all attacks stats, all explosives lost, etc, robberies, etc were credited back to your account automatically.

At the moment, even though hackers have a significant affect on some players, (for me, out of my 56 lost attacks, about 35 of them were not ligit), and annoy people immensely the response from gree feels plain insulting.

I remember CCM saying that non response to cheating was to maintain anonymity. And I can appreciate this for sharing information publicly about people you have accused, but I can see no valid reason why the results of hacker investigation cannot be shared. It will make everyone a lot happier.

Sometimes it feels that we, as players, are treated as an inconvenience that take up server and support bandwidth while we have our wallets out and should simply be fobbed off.

Now I know the likes of CJ and most of the support staff actually do have our best interests at heart, but I suspect the people actually making the calls, the product managers, and the policy makers give very little leeway to those below them in regards to how they act with stuff like this.

Now gree actually do listen, the epic quests (and I would like to say the faction events in mw to a lesser extent) are similar to suggestions I have made in the past (psst, I would like my bonus please). But I think on issues like this, unless higher ups come to this forum and engage with the community on policy issues among others, there is very little that will change without a wide spectum boycott.

Dr BoneCrusher
12-30-2012, 11:21 AM
#FixCrimeCity every where I can. I will post at every site I can leave a message. Google Gree news, game blogs conventions every where Gree is I will leave a message. Boycotts don't work as well as bad press.

Ramshutu
12-30-2012, 11:25 AM
Do an open petition, email it to the ceo and a bunch of press people. If you want bad press, you need to make sure it doesn't sound like a lone crackpot. (i know your not, but its easier to dismiss a single person.

jobadass
12-30-2012, 11:29 AM
I've reported numerous cheats for almost a year. Nothing has been done. Like Ram said, whoever is ultimately in charge doesn't care. Sucks, and I think I care more about Gree customers than they do.

Happyperson1
12-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Yo hacker!! Why hurt the little people who play CC? I, for one, don't believe the bots are from Gree. No responsible company would do that--too much scandal and other downside. So I believe it is miscreant who has nothing better to do on New Year Eve! Very sad. If any entity should be hacked, it should be the large company, not the little individuals who spend what small amounts of cash they can use on a game. GREE is closed until Jan. 2' I would imagine, so yelling at them to fix this now probably won't accomplish anything. But I sent a ticket to support anyway. What kind of hacker steals from the poor and gives to the rich??

Babytway
12-30-2012, 11:50 AM
I've reported numerous cheats for almost a year. Nothing has been done. Like Ram said, whoever is ultimately in charge doesn't care. Sucks, and I think I care more about Gree customers than they do.

im with you, i see little to nothing done after the reports. there a player still with 3 laundermats for over a year and a player with 4 smoke shops for about same amount of time.

most of cheaters you dont really see because at least they are somewhat smart about it and keep very little mafia so they aren't notices

NFI
12-30-2012, 11:58 AM
Boycott is the only way. Don't spend $$ don't play, greed needs too get back 120 million for its outlay, the players have the power, if all the people here who are continually complaining stopped spending and playing, then you just never know. Complaints are easily dismissed, bottom lines aren't!

mxz
12-30-2012, 12:25 PM
You won't be able to eradicate hackers. The problem here is the policy Gree has on cheating doesn't account for the impact it has on players.If they gave some smart guys like you a couple days in the office they could get pretty close.

Edit: I guess I'm making an assumption there that you understand the glitches, hacks and bots and how they work.

sister morphine
12-30-2012, 02:12 PM
im with you, i see little to nothing done after the reports. there a player still with 3 laundermats for over a year and a player with 4 smoke shops for about same amount of time.

most of cheaters you dont really see because at least they are somewhat smart about it and keep very little mafia so they aren't notices
Too right. I reported a cheat who made a failed attack on me yesterday. There was a message on his wall from another player saying he would be reporting him for cheating; that was 90 days old, so either he didn't follow through or nothing was done.

kimberleyj
12-30-2012, 02:15 PM
Yo hacker!! Why hurt the little people who play CC? I, for one, don't believe the bots are from Gree. No responsible company would do that--too much scandal and other downside. So I believe it is miscreant who has nothing better to do on New Year Eve! Very sad. If any entity should be hacked, it should be the large company, not the little individuals who spend what small amounts of cash they can use on a game. GREE is closed until Jan. 2' I would imagine, so yelling at them to fix this now probably won't accomplish anything. But I sent a ticket to support anyway. What kind of hacker steals from the poor and gives to the rich??

i reported him aswell, i got a reply that it be looked into.

Crissyart
12-30-2012, 06:24 PM
GREE: Every weekend, these hackers wreak havoc on YOUR LOYAL COSTUMERS. WTF, you REALY CAN'T FIX IT? Take the game off line, if your have no control of it! Stop Taking Good People's Money!

FIX THE GAME!!!!!!

I agree! This hacker bot agentsmith is viral and changes. It's been around since October yet it still in the game!
At first it was _agentsmith, now it's Mr. Anderson and can't protect u. At all levels with all different stats and impossible inventories. I've been reporting this to Gree and sending them pics.
They better correct this or I'm banning my acct. and requesting my money back!

Dr BoneCrusher
12-31-2012, 05:09 AM
Waking Up to 57 messages on your news feed in never a good thing! #FixCrimeCity

DenZ1
12-31-2012, 08:16 AM
I had enough over this. Had to bail out on spending. Just remaining gold....

dudeman
12-31-2012, 08:16 AM
Waking Up to 57 messages on your news feed in never a good thing! #FixCrimeCity

I think someone just needs to figure out how it's done and post it somewhere public. They clearly don't give a flying fk about the few bots out there now, but if the problem worsens they will have little choice. Fix it, or shut it down.

People have only been asking for the game to be fixed for... 15 months? Maybe 17 or 18?

Clearly it's actually broken worse than most people thought it was for these past 15-18 months.

Ramshutu
12-31-2012, 08:26 AM
I think someone just needs to figure out how it's done and post it somewhere public. They clearly don't give a flying fk about the few bots out there now, but if the problem worsens they will have little choice. Fix it, or shut it down.

People have only been asking for the game to be fixed for... 15 months? Maybe 17 or 18?

Clearly it's actually broken worse than most people thought it was for these past 15-18 months.

I have a pretty good idea of how it's done (I can actually think of a few ways in which it is possible), but it's not a good idea to post it publically. This isn't Microsoft, who have a lot of engineers who can fix loopholes within a few days, gree probably only has half a dozen guys at most working on the framework.

TonySpaghetti
12-31-2012, 08:29 AM
I have a pretty good idea of how it's done (I can actually think of a few ways in which it is possible), but it's not a good idea to post it publically. This isn't Microsoft, who have a lot of engineers who can fix loopholes within a few days, gree probably only has half a dozen guys at most working on the framework.

Its never a good idea to post things "publically." Posting things publicly might be a better alternative. :)

dudeman
12-31-2012, 08:37 AM

Yes it would be a lot easier to fix it sooner rather than later, that's obvious. And true, posting it publicly would give Gree more work than they probably want or need right now, but they make it seem like current state of the game is acceptable. It's not.

When Gree sees things they find unacceptable, they take action. When the players find something that should be unacceptable, the vast majority just btch about it and spend more cash (if that's their thing). The issue is then dropped for however long it takes someone else to post about it.

"Someone else", isn't doing anything about this issue. A public posting, using multiple troll accounts if necessary, would force Gree to take action. We could only hope that the action wouldn't be limited to forum moderation. Honestly, I would be perfectly agreeable to seeing the in game hacker situation get worse before it gets better.

mxz
12-31-2012, 08:46 AM
Got to agree with Ram on this one, dudeman. Going public isn't the way to go.

The flip side is that anyone who is able to do this can probably figure out how to do it. This vulnerability was relayed to CCM back in Sept/Oct, so assuming he relayed the message and the potential severity I would have assumed they've been looking into it for quite some time. Gree probably could have band-aided it a little quicker, though....

TRAZ
12-31-2012, 02:50 PM
I assisted in paying for some salaries this month at GREE. Unfortunate for them, but this will stop me spending now.

Derek Shane
12-31-2012, 09:41 PM
Ive contacted support 5 times now because bad things keep happening to me (gold glitching, buildings disappearing)
and all 5 times, it has taken them over a week to respond to me, but they are always polite and always refund me.
In fact, Chris Walter and a support agent named "J" have responded to me (in lengthy time) each and every time and always given me my refunds.

Here is my piece of advice to anyone wanting to better the game of Crime City.
When you write customer support, and they answer your ticket, you will get another email from gree within 24 hours asking you to take a survey of how you feel about Gree and the customer support.
Always always take the survey!
They do get read, and they are there for a reason.
The answers that you selected are put in a chart with everyone else s answers and the higher-ups read the report every day, or every week or every business quarter, or whatever the case might be. and they use this data to change the game. always take the surveys.

DenZ1
01-01-2013, 12:18 AM
Ive contacted support 5 times now because bad things keep happening to me (gold glitching, buildings disappearing)
and all 5 times, it has taken them over a week to respond to me, but they are always polite and always refund me.
In fact, Chris Walter and a support agent named "J" have responded to me (in lengthy time) each and every time and always given me my refunds.

Here is my piece of advice to anyone wanting to better the game of Crime City.
When you write customer support, and they answer your ticket, you will get another email from gree within 24 hours asking you to take a survey of how you feel about Gree and the customer support.
Always always take the survey!
They do get read, and they are there for a reason.
The answers that you selected are put in a chart with everyone else s answers and the higher-ups read the report every day, or every week or every business quarter, or whatever the case might be. and they use this data to change the game. always take the surveys.
When I wrote lengthy email about agent smith and how I'm fed up with it "J" answered that they will look into this player. Classic BS answer..

cooch
01-01-2013, 01:10 AM
You won't be able to eradicate hackers. The problem here is the policy Gree has on cheating doesn't account for the impact it has on players.

I'm pretty sure, dbc, that you would not have much of an issue if a hacker was taken down within 2 days, and everything that they had done was completely expunged. Im talking all cash lost, all attacks stats, all explosives lost, etc, robberies, etc were credited back to your account automatically.

At the moment, even though hackers have a significant affect on some players, (for me, out of my 56 lost attacks, about 35 of them were not ligit), and annoy people immensely the response from gree feels plain insulting.

I remember CCM saying that non response to cheating was to maintain anonymity. And I can appreciate this for sharing information publicly about people you have accused, but I can see no valid reason why the results of hacker investigation cannot be shared. It will make everyone a lot happier.

Sometimes it feels that we, as players, are treated as an inconvenience that take up server and support bandwidth while we have our wallets out and should simply be fobbed off.

Now I know the likes of CJ and most of the support staff actually do have our best interests at heart, but I suspect the people actually making the calls, the product managers, and the policy makers give very little leeway to those below them in regards to how they act with stuff like this.

Now gree actually do listen, the epic quests (and I would like to say the faction events in mw to a lesser extent) are similar to suggestions I have made in the past (psst, I would like my bonus please). But I think on issues like this, unless higher ups come to this forum and engage with the community on policy issues among others, there is very little that will change without a wide spectum boycott.

But you can make GREE feel our pain. Simply put if one describes the truth of the impact of cheaters and the lack of mgmt response on ITunes et al do you think this will have an impact to any person tempted to sign on for one of the popular games? I would think it does. If we all do it then the stars go down and the messages are clear...stay off...until Gree gets dollar wise and not penny foolish.