PDA

View Full Version : Faction battle question

Stonewall
12-29-2012, 04:46 PM
How will battle match ups be determined? Will it be based on faction member totals? Or will it be based on some sort of other criteria?
Thanks and if this was covered in another thread, I apologize.

Kara T
12-29-2012, 06:37 PM
No clear answer at this point that I know of. I would guess it would be based on the strength of the team.

IlliniFan1
12-29-2012, 06:44 PM
The only things I can think of are number of people in a faction or statistics.

SuperSonic Chimp
12-30-2012, 07:04 AM
A little bit of my guess and a little bit of what Gree should do would be:

We go about the game as we normally do, but attack and raids wins/loses count as a faction pool. This way, all the newbies in a faction will get equal opportunity to play. Gree is going to try to make as much money as they can off this, so they are not going to leave the little fish out to dry.

So for example, a level 10 player from my faction raids a level 10 from another faction, winner gets point for faction pool, loser loses points for their faction. Puts a premmie on picking battles wisely. Same for the higher levels. The wild card in my opinion would be the number of allies a player has. If my thought becomes a reality, I would tell every member of my faction to remove as many allies as they can bare to play a lower bracket.

It would be nice if factions could lose concrete in the process...to weaken a faction as a whole. This would cut out those stupid raids and attacks if you were threatened to be kicked out of a faction for losing concrete. Just my thoughts....

Arizona
12-30-2012, 07:30 AM
Whatever the game mechanics are, it will be a combination of variables. For instance it could include quantity of faction members; the level of each faction member; perhaps the average level number of faction members. It could be tiered as well. Or opponents could be determined by the level of the strongest player or combinations of attack. If you can think of it, it might be included.

BigD@wg
12-30-2012, 07:42 AM
The short answer is everyone can speculate or offer opinion. There has been no official word describing how teams will be matched in WD events.

I would hope the match-ups would be based on total strength. I think that would yield best possible results. However, this too will cause problems. There will be super powerful factions that no one can touch, but they will be matched up against the next strongest teams (which won't stand a chance).

Thunder Child
12-30-2012, 07:52 AM
Factions with decent logos are bound to be put together!

Minister Timothy
12-30-2012, 07:59 AM
I am convinced that most of the pirate games, the real pirates I mean, are played by one person. If that one person played as many as ohhh, 5 games himself he would have such a huge advantage on everything. no communication problems if you are controlling everything. No one is going to match pun any way because along with the other 300k plus pirates the next strongest team might have one 200k and the rest in the 100`s. I saw a great player with stats in the 280k range get pummled by pirates by a tone of over 100 losses everyday. I wont speculate on how this will go, but unless gree puts some kind of equalizer into it it will be a white wash as to who the most donimant faction is.

BigD@wg
12-30-2012, 08:02 AM
I am convinced that most of the pirate games, the real pirates I mean, are played by one person. If that one person played as many as ohhh, 5 games himself he would have such a huge advantage on everything. no communication problems if you are controlling everything. No one is going to match pun any way because along with the other 300k plus pirates the next strongest team might have one 200k and the rest in the 100`s. I saw a great player with stats in the 280k range get pummled by pirates by a tone of over 100 losses everyday. I wont speculate on how this will go, but unless gree puts some kind of equalizer into it it will be a white wash as to who the most donimant faction is.

I don't think there is really any question about it. I suspect PUN will take first on every event. At least the prizes are awarded for a numbe of teams and not just 1st place.

Minister Timothy
12-30-2012, 08:05 AM
I don't think there is really any question about it. I suspect PUN will take first on every event. At least the prizes are awarded for a numbe of teams and not just 1st place.
Wassup, D@wg

BigD@wg
12-30-2012, 08:07 AM
Wassup, D@wg

Hey Minister-
Not much. Just working on boss 28. Based on this one, I will make it to 30. Basically, I'm wasting time until the gym opens at 12:00. Lol

Thunder Child
12-30-2012, 08:08 AM
But do PUN have a decent logo yet? NO logo, no go-go!

BigD@wg
12-30-2012, 08:10 AM

Lol! I doubt you will get many WD points for your awesome logo. But it is nice!

Minister Timothy
12-30-2012, 08:12 AM
lol, very funny. be careful though. pirates help themselves to what they want and when they want it. you may log on one day and your logo may be under the pirate flag...I`m just sayin.

BigD@wg
12-30-2012, 08:13 AM

So TC, I know REG has got some pretty heavy hitters and you have one of stronger factions. Do you not worry that it will be based on strength and since yours is strong you will always be battling PUN?

Thunder Child
12-30-2012, 08:13 AM
There's always a place for style, and without it, PUN are far from guaranteed to dominate the WD rankings!

Minister Timothy
12-30-2012, 08:14 AM
Lol! I doubt you will get many WD points for your awesome logo. But it is nice!
I like the eagle better myself. Might not get any war points but if cool points were awarded, first place easy.

Minister Timothy
12-30-2012, 08:16 AM
Hey Minister-
Not much. Just working on boss 28. Based on this one, I will make it to 30. Basically, I'm wasting time until the gym opens at 12:00. Lol
I finished him off this morning.

BigD@wg
I like the eagle better myself. Might not get any war points but if cool points were awarded, first place easy.

Thx buddy!

Thunder Child
So TC, I know REG has got some pretty heavy hitters and you have one of stronger factions. Do you not worry that it will be based on strength and since yours is strong you will always be battling PUN?I'm more concerned about being properly dressed for the Battle for Brazil!

BigD@wg
12-30-2012, 08:19 AM
I'm more concerned about being properly dressed for the Battle for Brazil!

Well considering some of the posts I have seen between you and the other 2 amigos I don't know I dare even ask what would be proper attire. Lol

BigD@wg
12-30-2012, 08:21 AM

Regardless, I wish all forum teams success in the WD events. I am a man without a faction so I have no stake in the fire.

Thunder Child
12-30-2012, 08:22 AM
Bit strange that - one Amigo in PUN, one in REG, and the other seemingly in the Twilight Zone; all gone to pot!

Thunder Child
12-30-2012, 08:23 AM
Regardless, I wish all forum teams success in the WD events. I am a man without a faction so I have no stake in the fire.By choice?

BigD@wg
12-30-2012, 08:32 AM
By choice?

It is by choice. I was in a faction the first week but decided to drop out. I have been back and forth with idea many times but have stayed out for several reasons:
1. With my personal life, I don't have time to raid and attack all day long searching for bricks plus I don't want all the XP that goes with it. Too much leveling involved.
2. With all my money going into faction, I found it impossible to upgrade my buildings or build my army.
3. I really like the concept of faction play but there are still too many unknowns in terms of the WD events such as casualty rates and XP gain.

I think it was just bad timing on the release of factions for me. If I was already stronger then my thoughts would likely be different. I do hate to miss out on them Über units! Lol

Thunder Child
12-30-2012, 08:36 AM
Think the factions will be around for the long haul, so you'll likely get involved again later. Good talking to you, D@wg!

BigD@wg
12-30-2012, 08:38 AM
Think the factions will be around for the long haul, so you'll likely get involved again later. Good talking to you, D@wg!

Probably so. Same here TC!

Big John
12-30-2012, 08:50 AM
It is by choice. I was in a faction the first week but decided to drop out. I have been back and forth with idea many times but have stayed out for several reasons:
1. With my personal life, I don't have time to raid and attack all day long searching for bricks plus I don't want all the XP that goes with it. Too much leveling involved.
2. With all my money going into faction, I found it impossible to upgrade my buildings or build my army.
3. I really like the concept of faction play but there are still too many unknowns in terms of the WD events such as casualty rates and XP gain.

I think it was just bad timing on the release of factions for me. If I was already stronger then my thoughts would likely be different. I do hate to miss out on them Über units! Lol
You're welcome to join my faction as I don't expect you to attack all day.
Leave a daily donation and you're in.

LuLu:)
12-30-2012, 08:57 AM
As long as you have those leather pants on TC, nothing else matters.

Thunder Child
12-30-2012, 09:06 AM
As long as you have those leather pants on TC, nothing else matters.Just for you, Lu!

BigD@wg
12-30-2012, 09:16 AM
You're welcome to join my faction as I don't expect you to attack all day.
Leave a daily donation and you're in.

I truly appreciate the offer, but I will remain unaffiliated for now.

HGF69
12-30-2012, 11:36 AM
2 spaces just added BigDawg

BigD@wg
12-30-2012, 11:40 AM
2 spaces just added BigDawg

Thx HGF. Im starting to feel so loved. I will openly admit it...unless someone is going to let me be a freeloader (no bricks) and minimal money donations (maybe 5-10 mil/day) lol.

I would fight in the WD events but that's about it. Otherwise, I'm going to remain a camper for now. Lol! :)

SuperSonic Chimp
12-30-2012, 11:55 AM
My contribution to my faction: 15 million 140 concrete (in two days)
My faction's contribution: 1.4 million 4 concrete (in two days)

Moral of the story:We will be camping the WD campaign. :-x

Big John
12-30-2012, 12:04 PM
Thx HGF. Im starting to feel so loved. I will openly admit it...unless someone is going to let me be a freeloader (no bricks) and minimal money donations (maybe 5-10 mil/day) lol.

I would fight in the WD events but that's about it. Otherwise, I'm going to remain a camper for now. Lol! :)
5-10m a day is a fortune in my faction. No bricks are required either, over to you,code in sig.

PIRATE JUSTICE
12-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Okay, I'll spell it out for everyone.

HACKERS are everywhere.

HACKERS have become an epidemic in this game.

Why bother playing?

You can't beat the hackers and their "maxed" out skill points, base protect hack, money hack, gold hack, and a dozen other hacks.

Don't bother reporting them, even if Gree bans them, they're back within minutes of their ouster.

That said, there is a Nazi based, themed faction that is led by a Commander "C" and a General "v" "D" that will be victorious over any legitimate faction.

The FIX is in, and Gree seems to be clueless or careless.

Either way, why waste your time?

This is over before it even began.