PDA

View Full Version : Limited Time challenge - Set's Challenge - extremely buggy??

Diadexxus
12-29-2012, 09:56 AM
Yesterday and today I am having a very tough time getting into A Temple of Abaad.
Is anyone else getting kicked out of the game every (I mean EVERY) time they try to get into that map? It's limited time and I really want to finish it!

-Diadexxus

Mr. Vain
12-29-2012, 10:10 AM
Yep, having the same problem as you. I'm on 19/40 and everytime I want to enter the Temple of Abaad map, the game crashes to iOS home screen. Really annoying. I've tried shutting my iPod completely down and restarting, to no avail. I've shutdown almost all other apps, so it shouldn't be a memory problem.

I hope they fix it asap, cause I too want to get as far as I can in this otherwise very fine LTQ

Diadexxus
12-29-2012, 10:13 AM
Pleas email them through the game too! I just did!

Annoying! I want to finish this limited quest!!
-J

bobfishcake
12-29-2012, 10:23 AM
Same problem on ipad1. I'm going into one map higher then going into the temple map. That seems to work 80% of the time. Concerned as more bosses load onto the map that it will become worse though.

Vile Lynn
12-29-2012, 10:28 AM
Yeah, having the same prob on iPad... the Temple is too full of monsters, too, not saying that's the problem for all the crashes, but I cannot get into the temple now without a crash... (grr.) ...turning my iPad off/on didn't help, so I'm re-installing KA now...

The1nONLY
12-29-2012, 10:29 AM
Thats the first thing I though of when I started to see more bosses loading onto one map.

Too many unit loads onto 1 map theres a chance its going to crash when I started to see this but my device is fine.

Depends on your device too.

Diadexxus
12-29-2012, 10:44 AM
Oh!! I thought I was imagining it but there ARE too many monsters! I think that might be the same problem.
Yep, I have an iPad I too. Is it only our problem? Any 2 or 3s having trouble?
-D

Zenobia
12-29-2012, 10:46 AM
My iPad2 is having no trouble with it, so far anyway. On 24/40.

Hope you guys find a way to make your work!

Great_wall2
12-29-2012, 10:53 AM
I am having the same issues. I cannot access Abaad anymore either 20/40. Ipad gen 1. I've tried numerous times, gone to other maps then shifted back to Abaad, restarted, re-installed but to no avail.... I got in once, attacked the owlbear a couple of times then crashed out. I sent in a ticket as well.

Diadexxus
12-29-2012, 11:10 AM
I think all of us sending tickets might be the only way to get this fixed and extended (maybe)
-J

Bravurax
12-29-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm having the same problem too. As a work-around, I access another map first, then I travel to the Temple of Abaad instead of going there straight from my kingdom. That seems to be working for now.

Bravurax

SangerPride
12-29-2012, 12:02 PM
I am having the same problem but luckily I am 24/40 through it and have done all the same things as everyone else had. SO frustrating for sure, I've just kept reloading it and reloading it until I get back to Abaad and I just leave it there and check back once in a while. I am glad I'm not the only one it's doing it too, it's bad enough my Modern War already does this, I don't need TWO games doing it!

I'm going to try the other maps and then go to Abaad. I hope that helps.. Good luck everyone!

Dexter Morgan
12-29-2012, 12:04 PM
Finished the event with no crashes, but the last 3 dragons were hard to attack because there were always 4 or 5 other monsters under or around them. But the end results were worth it

Aya
12-29-2012, 12:16 PM
I am having the same problem but luckily I am 24/40 through it and have done all the same things as everyone else had. SO frustrating for sure, I've just kept reloading it and reloading it until I get back to Abaad and I just leave it there and check back once in a while. I am glad I'm not the only one it's doing it too, it's bad enough my Modern War already does this, I don't need TWO games doing it!

I'm going to try the other maps and then go to Abaad. I hope that helps.. Good luck everyone!

Tried entry from other map and it worked. Thanks for help!

Q Raider
12-29-2012, 01:31 PM
Same issue once got to around 18/40 on my iPad 1.

Current solution is to go to The unsanctified marsh, then The vault of set and after that try to get to the Temple of Abaad.

Not 100% successful but can get there eventually.

King Gabriel388
12-29-2012, 01:52 PM
No probs, IPad 3.

Cloud22
12-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Argg I am having the same problem and going to the other maps and then going back to the temple is not working for me. But reinstalling the app I am able to go once everytime I reinstall. Curse my out dated iPad I guess this problem is only for iPad gen 1

bobfishcake
12-29-2012, 02:58 PM
This problem seems to be getting worse. I'm now on 26/40 and I can only get into the map via a reinstall. This is really slowing my progress.... Lousy iPad1...

I would really appreciate a workaround. Anyone?

Guido69
12-29-2012, 03:23 PM
no problem on iPad2. I am on level 29

Mr. Vain
12-29-2012, 03:41 PM
This LTQ is beginning to feel like a box event, where you have a certain CHANCE to get something. Each time now, when i start up KA i'm hoping to get to the Temple of Abaad, but i'm having luck as if i'm trying to open a box for free.

I begin to believe it was a bad move from the devs to set all quests in one area

SangerPride
12-29-2012, 04:16 PM
I'm beginning to wonder if it has something to do with SO many people trying to access the same temple? I was having luck just reloading and eventually getting in, but now I am locked out and have energy to burn! I feel like it's a ticket offering on ticketmaster I might have better luck! haha

This event is just too tasty to try and not get everything you can for sure... 31/40 down and I've used a 100 gems. I wonder how many it's going to take with regular play and 3 + days to go at level 63? any ideas

The1nONLY
12-29-2012, 04:17 PM
Argg I am having the same problem and going to the other maps and then going back to the temple is not working for me. But reinstalling the app I am able to go once everytime I reinstall. Curse my out dated iPad I guess this problem is only for iPad gen 1How much memory your iPad hold and how much is it free?

Mr. Vain
12-29-2012, 04:34 PM
I just checked diagnotics on my iPod 4g, and it seems to be a problem with low memory. Can't figure out how to circumvent that though, nor don't know the exact cause of the memory problem.

I've shutdown almost all apps running in the background, so I'm not sure about what's left to do

The1nONLY
12-29-2012, 04:38 PM
I just checked diagnotics on my iPod 4g, and it seems to be a problem with low memory. Can't figure out how to circumvent that though, nor don't know the exact cause of the memory problem.

I've shutdown almost all apps running in the background, so I'm not sure about what's left to doHow bout freeing up some space? Alot of space and see

Do you have a full bar on your wifi?

Trying moving close to wifi to get full bar to get stronger connection

King Gabriel388
12-29-2012, 04:40 PM
How much memory your iPad hold and how much is it free?

I think it's got to do with internal memory, RAM. Ipad1 only had 256MB of ram, IPad2 got 512MB of ram, and the IPad3 got 1Gig of ram.

King Gabriel388
12-29-2012, 04:41 PM

I've shutdown almost all apps running in the background, so I'm not sure about what's left to do

New Idevice?

Q Raider
12-29-2012, 04:56 PM
Got from level 19 to level 23 by accessing a different map and then selecting the Temple map from there.

At quest 24 and that no longer works, tried.

Close all other activities.
Delete and reload game.
Access all other maps and then the Temple map.
Went into the various screens to let all the various icons reload.
Try to access from the Goals section, the map icon on the My Kingdom screen and the maps selection section.

Think King Gabriel has nailed it as a memory issue. They probably forgot to test it out on an iPad 1.

bobfishcake
12-29-2012, 05:06 PM
Got it to load by turning off Bluetooth at 26/40 on ipad1. From reading other forums this is definitely a ram issue.

Vile Lynn
12-29-2012, 05:16 PM
How much memory your iPad hold and how much is it free?

I'm almost positive this is my problem: not enough space & need to update my iPad1, badly... this is the last thing I want to do on New Year's weekend, but if I don't get the temple to load, I might be updating for New Years, heh, Happy New Years!

Vile Lynn
12-29-2012, 05:20 PM

Hi Mr. Vain... I've never used an iPod, but if you have a lot of Screen Shots or pictures saved, you can try deleting those. That's what takes up too much space in my iPad anyway.

Mr. Vain
12-29-2012, 05:46 PM
I've only got 20 pictures on my device and more than a gig free space, so I don't think that could be the issue. Now I can start and go delete all sorts of apps, but come on, that shouldn't be really necessary to play a simple game like this, should it?
Now, I'm not a computer expert at all, but I really believe crowding the Temple of Abaad map with all the monsters from this quest is the real culprit here. It that is in fact the case, I wonder how tech-savvy the devs are if they can't foresee such problems

SuperTP
12-29-2012, 07:00 PM
yah, im having the same issue as well, though i will say with enough persistence i can eventually get it to load. Im thinking it may have something to do with an overload of mobs in one area, when it does finally load in its extremely laggy

Vile Lynn
12-29-2012, 07:26 PM
I'm sending in a ticket... There are way too many monsters on that map & what do they have beta testers for?? Do they have beta testers on all devices? I'm not an expert either, but this seems like a noobie fail to me. (no offense to noobs)

King Gabriel388
12-29-2012, 07:42 PM
I'm sending in a ticket... There are way too many monsters on that map & what do they have beta testers for?? Do they have beta testers on all devices? I'm not an expert either, but this seems like a noobie fail to me. (no offense to noobs)

A lot of the Gree staff are on holidays till Jan 2. This event was probably a rush job before going on holidays.

Gru
12-29-2012, 07:56 PM
Oh!! I thought I was imagining it but there ARE too many monsters! I think that might be the same problem.
Yep, I have an iPad I too. Is it only our problem? Any 2 or 3s having trouble?
-D
iPad 4, no problem thus far (33/40, almost 34).

Gru
12-29-2012, 07:58 PM
I've only got 20 pictures on my device and more than a gig free space, so I don't think that could be the issue. Now I can start and go delete all sorts of apps, but come on, that shouldn't be really necessary to play a simple game like this, should it?
Now, I'm not a computer expert at all, but I really believe crowding the Temple of Abaad map with all the monsters from this quest is the real culprit here. It that is in fact the case, I wonder how tech-savvy the devs are if they can't foresee such problems
KA has taken 1.4 gigs of space (lv. 100).

Vile Lynn
12-29-2012, 09:16 PM
A lot of the Gree staff are on holidays till Jan 2. This event was probably a rush job before going on holidays.

lol, yeah... totally typical of GREE. I was wondering if they would actually have anybody working on this. I don't hold my breath when it comes to these things. Somehow GREE makes good, usually :)

Proprioc3ption
12-29-2012, 09:32 PM
If they had nutted out these little niggling issues this would probably have been the best event in KA history.

Q Raider
12-29-2012, 09:57 PM
If they had nutted out these little niggling issues this would probably have been the best event in KA history.

True, now it's an event likely to boost sales in iPads as people get frustrated and use them as frisbees.

Tried all the usual ideas as well s some off beat stuff, still no joy. Reminds me of the problems I had with MW when I first started that game on the iPad.

Will see how far I can get on my LLP which on the iPhone works fine. Been a great event for that character. Doubled the monster attack score with two high Mage weapons so reckon in the long run the experience cost will be more than supplemented.

bobfishcake
12-29-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm on ipad1 at 28/40 and have done this to access the Temple map.

- double click the home button and close down all open apps.
- go into settings and turn off Bluetooth (or anything that uses RAM).
- open KA and go to a map other than Temple.
- open the Temple map.

Hope this helps

Edit - turn off Bluetooth first then close settings. You can also turn off the weather settings in options which may also help the map load?

muddin
12-29-2012, 11:15 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone, after much frustration I am getting in by following all the steps listed. Silly iPad 1 issues. I agree, might have to upgrade to newer device :(

Hobtuse
12-29-2012, 11:49 PM
Still the best KA event ever even with the minor crashes.

Zesder
12-30-2012, 12:16 AM
Does anyone know if there are any issues with iPod touch?
I might have to transfer my account to my sons touch as its near on impossible on the iPad.

Vile Lynn
12-30-2012, 02:44 AM
I might have to transfer my account to my sons touch as its near on impossible on the iPad.

Nobody has posted any, so go for it... lol, I hijacked my son's new (& 1st) iPhone that he got for Christmas just to finish Set's Challenge. It was quicker than revamping my iPad1 & less frustrating than constantly reloading the game. But, it is so hard to see the fun! I hope they get it worked out soon after the new year. Good luck, Zesder!

spectra
12-30-2012, 02:48 AM

Nobody has posted any, so go for it... lol, I hijacked my son's new (& 1st) iPhone that he got for Christmas just to finish Set's Challenge. It was quicker than revamping my iPad1 & less frustrating than constantly reloading the game. But, it is so hard to see the fun! I hope they get it worked out soon after the new year. Good luck, Zesder!

in my ipod touch I am stuck at task #19, it has taken me the whole day to do 18 and part of 19, because the game crashes at least 15 times before I manage to get to the task, and now, is even worse, I manage to get to the map for task #19, and the Pit lord is gone when he had more than half his HP gone,
I have lost a whiole day not to mention the use of the energy

sent a ticket, but who know when I will hear from them

Hacker.jon
12-30-2012, 06:22 AM
I too was locked out of the temple of Abaad from my iPad. I disabled Bluetooth and managed to get in, and then invested some energy in cleaning up the old bosses on the level. It's a pain because it means we have to kill them an extra time but it is working reliably for me at the moment.

Jixx
12-30-2012, 09:13 AM
i'm locked out on my ipod, at 25/40

even going to other maps and trying then doesn't help anymore.

Ethyll
12-30-2012, 10:25 AM
I finished Level 25 killing the abomination. And then the "new" challenge was #25 again! I tried to send a ticket but the game keeps saying I did not set up mail but I did. Anyone else get a response from their ticket? I don't want to spend energy I already spent on the same level and monster!

Using iPhone 4S on 3G
(I'm visiting relatives this weekend and they do not have WIFI)

Greybeard
12-30-2012, 11:57 AM

My touch gen 3 is bogged down at 24/40. After multiple tries I have gotten in and now I am just keeping it on and whacking one hit at a time as energy comes back. Gonna try not to let it close anymore, just in case.

Tubs
12-30-2012, 12:00 PM
Having same problem and not yet fixed...irritating. Would be helpful if the same ID could be used on different devices when this type of error occurred, rather than the fact that you start a new game if you have 2 devices because that would temporarily get around the problem.
Tubs

Great_wall2
12-30-2012, 12:21 PM
I'm on ipad1 at 28/40 and have done this to access the Temple map.

- double click the home button and close down all open apps.
- go into settings and turn off Bluetooth (or anything that uses RAM).
- open KA and go to a map other than Temple.
- open the Temple map.

Hope this helps

Edit - turn off Bluetooth first then close settings. You can also turn off the weather settings in options which may also help the map load?

Thanks for the tips. tried them all but it didn't help me. Still crashing when I try to open Abaad.... :( Support is trying to help me resolve it.

Aya
12-30-2012, 12:29 PM
if i transfer to my wife's newer ipad to deal with this memory issue, will i lose my gems?

Vile Lynn
12-30-2012, 01:22 PM
if i transfer to my wife's newer ipad to deal with this memory issue, will i lose my gems?

No, you won't lose a thing, but time when you have to go thru the tutorial again. GL! and welcome to the forum, Aya :)

BUT....!

I think GREE got it fixed! When I transferred back to my iPad, it is not crashing anymore & most of the mosters are gone from the Temple! But, I did lose some progress & had to do 32/40 again... I hope everybody else is finding the TQ less glitchy!

Vile Lynn
12-30-2012, 01:24 PM
Thanks for the tips. tried them all but it didn't help me. Still crashing when I try to open Abaad.... :( Support is trying to help me resolve it.

Try deleting the app again & re-install... maybe they did fix something & the re-install will work for you this time.
Best of luck to you, GW2 :)

Joe Brown1
12-30-2012, 01:45 PM
I tried deleting and reinstalling. Still have all the bosses I ad before and still crashes. The only thing that has helped me was I wasted 400-500 energy and re-killed a bunch of the first bosses (the 1 hot ones). They did not regenerate again and that helped a lot.

Warfiend
12-30-2012, 02:17 PM
Haven't seen this mentioned, so I'll throw it out there... I turned off weather effects and music and sound and it seems to take longer to freeze me out that way. Probably a good idea to turn off all ipad services you absolutely don't need while playing just to be sure you have every bit of memory free as possible. Bluetooth as someone mentioned, location services, etc...

Aya
12-30-2012, 03:17 PM
No, you won't lose a thing, but time when you have to go thru the tutorial again. GL! and welcome to the forum, Aya :)

BUT....!

I think GREE got it fixed! When I transferred back to my iPad, it is not crashing anymore & most of the mosters are gone from the Temple! But, I did lose some progress & had to do 32/40 again... I hope everybody else is finding the TQ less glitchy!

figures! i just get it transfered and it is fixed.

thanks support, they got back to me last night in record time. thanks for welcome. been reading but not too talkative

sjyokel
12-30-2012, 04:35 PM
I'm still seeing the same behavior. Also on an Ipad 1.... I have found that if I delete the app and reinstall that I can make it to the map where the bosses are supposed to be. However, I actually have to exit KA , come back in, and then very slowly the bosses will start to appear. The app will tend to crash in about 20 minutes, but it does give me some time. Definitely a huge PITA to keep doing this, so I have submitted a ticket.

MeowMix
12-30-2012, 05:39 PM
in my ipod touch I am stuck at task #19, it has taken me the whole day to do 18 and part of 19, because the game crashes at least 15 times before I manage to get to the task, and now, is even worse, I manage to get to the map for task #19, and the Pit lord is gone when he had more than half his HP gone,
I have lost a whiole day not to mention the use of the energy

sent a ticket, but who know when I will hear from them

Hello, I had the same exact problem with my iPod touch 4 (32 GB). It was the same task #19 when the crashes started. I tried all the normal stuff like clearing my memory and only running KA. I tried all the tricks of going to a different map location and then Abaad, but nothing worked. It would crash like clockwork everything I tried to enter Abaad.

Like yourself I have also sent in a ticket, but I am not putting any hope in having an official Gree blessed resolution before this LTQ ends.

Finally after much hours of frustration I found the following worked for me:

1) Delete KA from your apps. Simply keep the KA icon pressed until the icon wiggles and the little x shows up in the icons upper left corner. Press the x and wait for the "this will delete all the data and settings" press delete. (Please note that Gree's servers still have all your KA settings tied to your iPod's UDID so if/when you reinstall KA you loose nothing.)

2) Open Apple's apps icon and search for and reinstall KA. This takes about 5 min or less.

3) Now open your just reinstalled KA app. Don't go into Abaad at this point we are still setting things up.

4) Open the "more" button and click on settings.

5) Turn off everything in the settings.

6) If you want to purchase gems for energy buy them at this point not later.

7) Now exit KA by pressing the home button once.

8) Now open KA again and wait for you home kingdom to show up.

9) Now click on your quests icon and open the top one (the new LTQ).

10) Click on the current LTQ button to now take you to the Temple of Abaad.

11) Wait, wait wait for the icons to all appear and the icons start to move (albeit slowly).

12) The target monster should have a green arrow over them so wait until you have a clear shot to select them.

13) Keep selecting your target until they are dead or you run out of energy.

14) If you still have energy and a 2nd (or 3rd) target for this goal keep going until you run out of energy.

15) If you have completed your goal (and its less than 40) exit and start over at step 1.

16) If you have not completed your goal and have no gems to buy more energy exit and wait and then start over at step 1.

17) If you have not completed your goal and you have gems to by more energy decide if you want to use your gems at this point. Continue until you run out of energy and/or gems or you complete this goal of the LTQ. Then exit and start over at step 1.

Notes:
-Do not buy gems during your fight in Abaad I have found that this causes the crash to reoccur at which point you will swear at Gree or yourself which really does you no good.
-There are reasons for each step and why I reinstall KA after every goal. To explain my testing would take too long so I am just giving you my recipe not the full reasons for each step.

I have used the above method from stage 19/40 to now 34/40. So far so good, but the monsters do seem to move even slower. I hope I make it to 40.

Cheers, and good luck!
-MeowMix (aka. HippieGirl)

 MakeLoveNotWar Please be kind and say hello (meow) to the next stray cat you see! 

Crime City: 873277705
Modern War: 146393080
Kingdom Age: 943371055

Mr. Vain
12-30-2012, 06:12 PM
Well, MeowMix. It worked, at least for 2 more stages. A very time consuming thing to do, but as long as there's no official fix, this will have to do.

You might want to include to not to doanything besides killing your target. I wanted to buy some army armor and it crashed again. Serves me right for wanting to keep my cash at hand under 330k.

So back to step 1 for me :(

MeowMix
12-30-2012, 06:53 PM
Well, MeowMix. It worked, at least for 2 more stages. A very time consuming thing to do, but as long as there's no official fix, this will have to do.

You might want to include to not to doanything besides killing your target. I wanted to buy some army armor and it crashed again. Serves me right for wanting to keep my cash at hand under 330k.

So back to step 1 for me :(

A couple other ideas from my testing to avoid this crash:

- Delete any apps runng in the background cache memory:
Outside of any app at the main screen press the home button 2 times quickly.
A small area at the bottom will show up and show any apps currently held or running in the background cache memory. To delete the "background apps" press on one of the app icon's at the bottom until they start to wiggle and the small x shows up in the upper corrner of each background app icon. Tap on each x to delete each background app.

- (this is for JB only devices) Using the SBSettings app use the "delete processes" and it's sub-menu item "free up memory".

- Just before you go back into KA for the 2nd time use the delete background app technique mentioned above.

PS: I have made more that ample free memory on my iPod 4 just in case it matters for this crash. I currently have 7gb free of the avalible 28gb ("32gb" unit)

-Goodluck :)

sjyokel
12-30-2012, 07:01 PM
MeowMix - your instuctions are the same as what needs to be done on an ipad 1 as well. I've been burned today by trying to do too much at once. For instance, after a boss is killed, I've started to work on the next one only to see zero damage, but loss of energy. In fact, I seem to have lost a couple of hits worth of damage on the second of a three-part boss. Have you found you need to quit and re-install after killing individual bosses for the ones where you need to kill two or three?

MeowMix
12-30-2012, 07:13 PM
MeowMix - your instuctions are the same as what needs to be done on an ipad 1 as well. I've been burned today by trying to do too much at once. For instance, after a boss is killed, I've started to work on the next one only to see zero damage, but loss of energy. In fact, I seem to have lost a couple of hits worth of damage on the second of a three-part boss. Have you found you need to quit and re-install after killing individual bosses for the ones where you need to kill two or three?

You unfortunately discovered the "0 hit bug" as I call it. That bug drove me nuts. The only way to avoid it is:

- When you make a hit on a monster and you get no credit (also it seems the progress red bar showing the life left in the bad guy never shows up), exit KA and start again at step 1. http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?43397-Limited-Time-challenge-Set-s-Challenge-extremely-buggy&p=536802&viewfull=1#post536802

I have experienced this "0 hit bug" under different conditions and I was not particularly interested in diagnosising it further. I just wanted a away to avoid this bug when it comes up. Obviously I don't know all the ways/conditions this bug appers.

-Goodluck! :)

williamofrhodes
12-30-2012, 10:12 PM
Same problem with me at 19/40. I also use iPad1. I have also sent ticket in so lets see.

Rawrimabear
12-30-2012, 10:30 PM
Same problem with me at 19/40. I also use iPad1. I have also sent ticket in so lets see.

I'm on 22 but getting the crash nearly 75% of the time I try to enter the zone. The only way I've found to get in without a crash is to soluble tap the home button and completely close KA (I close out apps on a regular basis anyway) and then I can usually get right back in, sometimes it takes a couple tries. If I still can't get in after 4 or 5 attempts I restart my iPad and that does the trick.

Diadexxus
12-30-2012, 10:49 PM
Still unable to go any further, it keeps crashing. Support is trying to use my logs to see if there is anything they can do. I am bummed I am going to miss out on everything past (I think ) #19
-Diadexxus

LilDagnamet
12-31-2012, 04:19 AM
The map is being overloaded by a crap load of extra mobs. i took the advice of who ever said to clear out all of those extra mobs and now I get in every time without fail. I am currently on challenge 30 or 31 I cannot remember (It is the one where you fight the Minotaur Bull)

MeowMix
12-31-2012, 04:49 AM
The map is being overloaded by a crap load of extra mobs. i took the advice of who ever said to clear out all of those extra mobs and now I get in every time without fail. I am currently on challenge 30 or 31 I cannot remember (It is the one where you fight the Minotaur Bull)

Thanks for the tip! I just killed off some of the low level mob and they did not respawn. Amazing, like many assumptions that makes us all fools the assumption here was the mobs would respawn, But They Don't.

PS: Because the low level mobs don't appear to respawn you DO NOT want to reinstall KA after you kill the mob. A reinstall just brings back all the mob.

Now I am off to cry in my soup and get moving to step 40, currently I am on 38.

- Cheers!

LilDagnamet
12-31-2012, 10:04 AM
Can someone please put up the rewards for #30 to #40 (and their specs), so I can see if it is worth continuing or if I should just stop at 30.

Thanks
Dag

jonny0284
12-31-2012, 10:15 AM
Can someone please put up the rewards for #30 to #40 (and their specs), so I can see if it is worth continuing or if I should just stop at 30.

Thanks
Dag

Check out the other thread on this topic. The entire list is there. :)

MeowMix
12-31-2012, 10:23 AM

Thanks
Dag

The place to look for such information is on this thread:
http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?43372-Another-TLQ-complete-40-challenges&p=537017&viewfull=1#post537017

However, to save you from looking at all 27 pages here is a list from page 24 of that thread.

Note: Thank you to Olly1 for starting this list!

Color Key:
Armor/Weapon information for Warrior / Mage / Rogue classes

1) Mountain Minotaur (unit - infantry) 46/55
2) Champions plate (armor - warrior) 14/24
3) Crazed witch (unit - infantry) 52/76
4) Field Marshall Leather (armor - rogue) 14/24
5) Watermonger (unit - infantry) 66/81
6) Robes of purification (armor - mage) 14/24
7) Mauler (unit - beast) 90/75
8) Dragon's limb (weapon - mage) 25/15
9) Ss'eth outcast (unit - infantry) 86/101
10) Faithful shredders (weapon - rogue) 25/15
11) Granite guardian (unit - magic) 53/154
12) Rune axe (weapon - warrior) 25/15
13) Pit challenge (unit - beast) 91/153
14) Harbinger plate (armor - warrior) 23/46
15) Liege councillor (unit - magic) 91/178
16) Rose plate (armor - rogue) 23/46
17) Battle judicator (unit - magic) 136/168
18) War Mage robe (armor - mage) 23/46
19) Stoic swordsman (unit - infantry) 153/184
20) Eye of Galdur (weapon - mage) 37/27
21) Gale dragon (unit - beast) 228/139
22) Fate of emerald (weapon - rogue) 40/31
23) Dark tree elemental (unit - magic) 180/211
24) Phalanx warrior (weapon - warrior) 40/31
25) Priest of the sands (unit - magic) 226/205
26) Relic plate (armor - warrior) 33/66
27) Angel knight (unit - infantry) 210/275
28) Steppe leathers (armor - rogue) 33/66
29) Dervish (unit - infantry) 259/250
30) Shadowmancer (armor - mage) 33/66
31) Templar guardian (unit - infantry) 315/228
32) The eye of set (weapon - mage) 54/42
33) Megadon (unit - beast) 398/232
34) Twin dragon fangs (weapon - rogue) 54/43
35) Wendigo (unit - beast) 340/321
36) Templar spear (weapon - warrior) 54/43
37) Shadow warrior (unit - infantry) 425/292
38) Tanglevine golem (unit - magic) 375/418
39) Guardian of set (unit - magic) 976/974
40) Priest of set (unit - magic) 3076/2624

bobfishcake
12-31-2012, 10:49 AM

Excellent this works. Note that the normal mobs on this map won't respawn either and they are easy one hit kills. But basically just kill the lowest gold paying monster (they have the lowest hp) and work your way up.

Clay01
12-31-2012, 04:11 PM
yeah, this really sucks. I've been dealing with this problem as well for over a day now, and probably lost 3o full energy bars trying different things and waiting for a response from support.

their only solution was to reinstall.

I've reinstalled a few times now, it's the only way to be able to access that map

(why couldnt they just code it so that the monster disappeared after you killed it for the bosses? or that once the final quest monster was killed it was replaced by the spawned new target?)

really sucks because I thought I had a legit chance to finish with 100-200 gems, but I dont want to blow gems and not finish the entire thing if it's going to keep crashing and I cant access the map to complete the quests. I wanted to see how far I could get without gems first to see what my gem cost was going to be in the end to finish the final 3-6 quests...

hopefully gree will see all of the tickets and decide to extend the quest for another day or two...

I do agree, though, that without the bugs/crashes, this would have been the best game event yet by far. lower levels can complete several of the quests and get some nice units out of the deal, and higher level players can get further and/or use gems to finish the quest.

Bubs
12-31-2012, 04:39 PM
I too am having all these same problems, but now the app crashes when I go to my profile page as well, and any other rivals' profile pages too. Only solution is reinstall...anyone else experience this?

Clay01
12-31-2012, 05:37 PM
I too am having all these same problems, but now the app crashes when I go to my profile page as well, and any other rivals' profile pages too. Only solution is reinstall...anyone else experience this?

yes.

after originally crashing only when trying to access abaad map, I had also gotten crashes when viewing my inventory/items/units, and a couple of other pages.

early on, as others have said, I had luck going to one map and then to abaad, but that quit working after a few tries and now only delete and reinstall app works

I've also had trouble where the game seems to revert back to an earlier save, and I have to close out and reopen to get the proper stats, etc.

pretty sad that in order to try to participate in this LTQ after a certain point the only option is to delete and reinstall the game, play to burn through your energy, then rinse and repeat...

Jixx
01-01-2013, 08:35 AM
I also had a bug i hadn't had before, on killing the Abyssal mage i hit him with 1983 damage and killed him soon after, that didnt finish the quest and spawned 3 more Abyssal mages XD

LilDagnamet
01-01-2013, 09:32 AM
Thanks for the list. I am probably going to stop after #33 - 30 and 32 are upgrades for me so I have to finish those ones.

Metajetta
01-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Only bug I had was having to rekill a boss when i went to admire my new armor, and it wasnt there - and lo and behold the quest was reset. But I'm fairly sure my energy was also reset.

I've been closing everything and shutting down before and after each time in the map. No issues other than trying to "catch" the darn boss with all their new friends milling about. It cracks me up. It also gives me itchy fingers - me wants to loot them all!! I have to remember to focus....

I'm on an IPhone 4S with 16g of storage.

Gpz Jock
01-01-2013, 05:22 PM
This LTQ has been a real pain with the number of mobs filling the map causing crash after crash (iPod Touch 4G 64GB).
Even after killing off weaker ones the number of things tromping about seems to be a steady 30ish.

After 2 days of not even being able to get on the map and no word of reply from Tech Support (I posted a message when it started and 1 day later) I went to the iTunes store and wrote a 2 star review of KA. I suggest you do the same if you want anyone at Gree to take a blind bit of notice.

About 6 hours later I magically got a reply from the support department, asking me for crash logs and telling me to reinstall the game. I sent off the logs and reinstalled but still couldn't get on the map.

In the end I restored my iPod and only loaded the minimum amount of apps on it (not even any music), then it worked and let me on, I used a full bar of energy to kill as many lower cost mobs as possible. Still running like a ZX Spectrum but at least I'm back on the quests. Attempting Profile inspection still makes it crash and 50% of the time I can't view Rival's Profiles either. I can't wait for this LTQ to end and Gree's developers to stop stuffing their faces with Christmas leftovers so they can fix it with a patch. :mad:

Zesder
01-01-2013, 05:39 PM
I've sent in my crash logs too.
I've been doing the reinstall to enter trick but now I'm getting more problems. Yesterday I killed the minotaur bull and he just respawned then I got the 0 hit bug every so often.
I think I would have killed it about 3 times if all my hits registered.
Now I finally killed it and I'm at the Abyssal lord and it's 0 hits all the way.
Does anyone know a workaround for the 0 hit bug?

omnus
01-01-2013, 06:54 PM
Good concept for event if they wouldn't have put everything in same map and allowed previous bosses to respawn. The clutter obviously caused memory issues. Every single thing that went wrong just pi$$ed me off more though.

1. Having to reinstall everytime game left the temple map. ALOT
2. Killing 4 demon hounds, but only getting credit for 3 and having to kill another.
3. 0 damage hits wasting energy.
4. Killing Guardian Angel and nothing continuing or getting reward. Another reinstall.
5. Killing Guardian Angel AGAIN, hoping the event recognizes it.
6. Hoping this the end of my bug list, and no way I can finish all 40 due to time restraint.

SuperTP
01-01-2013, 09:15 PM
Good concept for event if they wouldn't have put everything in same map and allowed previous bosses to respawn. The clutter obviously caused memory issues. Every single thing that went wrong just pi$$ed me off more though.

1. Having to reinstall everytime game left the temple map. ALOT
2. Killing 4 demon hounds, but only getting credit for 3 and having to kill another.
3. 0 damage hits wasting energy.
4. Killing Guardian Angel and nothing continuing or getting reward. Another reinstall.
5. Killing Guardian Angel AGAIN, hoping the event recognizes it.
6. Hoping this the end of my bug list, and no way I can finish all 40 due to time restraint.

exact same problem, i've burned 100 gems now trying to get by Guardian Angel....so far no luck, is ridiculous. Hoping they compensate in some fashion for the issue.

SangerPride
01-02-2013, 12:16 AM
exact same problem, i've burned 100 gems now trying to get by Guardian Angel....so far no luck, is ridiculous. Hoping they compensate in some fashion for the issue.

I've had the same problem but used probably about 240 gems only to see the damage undone and monster at full strength. And of course this is such a great event I can't stay away so I trudge through. FINALLY at the last stage only to find out that the Dragon has 10500 health? my poor level 68 health is only 750 and is going to take a while... by my just quick math it looks like I will need 22 full health to kill him since I am doing anywhere from 90-140 damage on the previous dragon? yeah I might have to use more gems to actually finish since time is NOT on my side.

This has been fun, BUT frustrating at the same time... whew! Happy New Year!

bobfishcake
01-02-2013, 12:38 AM
Can someone please confirm the last boss has roughly 10,500 hp?

I'm on him now and trying to estimate the number of gems needed to finish him. If the above is correct then I need 75 attacks (I average 140 per hit). I guess it costs around 200 energy (175 for the hit and 25 average damage) per attack. So 15,000 energy or 300 gems less the energy I accumulate in the next 14 hours?

Does this sound about right to the people who have completed this?

SangerPride
01-02-2013, 12:43 AM
Can someone please confirm the last boss has roughly 10,500 hp?

I'm on him now and trying to estimate the number of gems needed to finish him. If the above is correct then I need 75 attacks (I average 140 per hit). I guess it costs around 200 energy (175 for the hit and 25 average damage) per attack. So 15,000 energy or 300 gems less the energy I accumulate in the next 14 hours?

Does this sound about right to the people who have completed this?

I'm wrong... sorry. it is 10500 coins... I think I got ahead of myself and freaked out. sorry!

SangerPride
01-02-2013, 12:48 AM
I'm wrong... sorry. it is 10500 coins... I think I got ahead of myself and freaked out. sorry!

I found another page that has a guess...

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?43372-Another-TLQ-complete-40-challenges/page11

Mr. Vain
01-02-2013, 06:56 AM
I wish they would prolong this event for a day or so. Because of all the hassle, with reinstalling and zero hitters etc. I think I will miss out on the last prize I actually would like very much, the rogue weapon. With 5 hours left, I'm pretty sure I won't make it.

Still, not a bad run without spending gems, spending that money on some new blu-rays :)

LilDagnamet
01-02-2013, 01:34 PM
The name of the game now is clean-up. kill off all of those extra mobs and get all of that gold they are carrying.

Jmac
01-02-2013, 02:15 PM
This LTQ has been a real pain with the number of mobs filling the map causing crash after crash (iPod Touch 4G 64GB).
Even after killing off weaker ones the number of things tromping about seems to be a steady 30ish.

After 2 days of not even being able to get on the map and no word of reply from Tech Support (I posted a message when it started and 1 day later) I went to the iTunes store and wrote a 2 star review of KA. I suggest you do the same if you want anyone at Gree to take a blind bit of notice.

About 6 hours later I magically got a reply from the support department, asking me for crash logs and telling me to reinstall the game. I sent off the logs and reinstalled but still couldn't get on the map.

In the end I restored my iPod and only loaded the minimum amount of apps on it (not even any music), then it worked and let me on, I used a full bar of energy to kill as many lower cost mobs as possible. Still running like a ZX Spectrum but at least I'm back on the quests. Attempting Profile inspection still makes it crash and 50% of the time I can't view Rival's Profiles either. I can't wait for this LTQ to end and Gree's developers to stop stuffing their faces with Christmas leftovers so they can fix it with a patch. :mad:

Regarding your last paragraph, I had the same problem with Profile inspection when my Best Armor showed up as the Rose Plate Armor (problem disappeared when I received the Steppe Leathers), and I still have that problem when trying to view a rival's Profile when their Best Armor is the Rose Plate. It also freezes and sometimes kicks me out when I'm scrolling through my armor and reach the Rose Plate square.

I'm on an Ipad 1, and luckily didn't have any other crashing problems during the Set Challenge (kept RAM usage minimized), but that armor is still causing me problems. Hopefully it will get fixed at some point...

Tate
01-03-2013, 10:53 PM
I sent in about 6 tickets with pictures and didn't even get the canned reply for the last 5
I guess they had to have a holiday too, at our expense. Now every time i tap any key my game crashes so I can't get to my profile, visit allies or post on my own wall. Should have been able to finish it, my LLP did.

SuperTP
01-04-2013, 05:43 PM
I have to confess to being more than a little upset and disappointed by the fact that here we are starting another series of events and no word from anyone about what is to be done about the horrible running of the previous event. The amount and gems spent and time lost due to the crashes (be it profile or zone loading) is disheartening to say the least.

plavine
01-05-2013, 08:34 AM
this is a great list, although as a warrior , it wasnt really fair that the temple spear was so late in the contest. the game ended for me & I had 6 hits left on level 35

Iphazard
01-05-2013, 11:21 AM
As another iPad 1 user I'll add my voice to the chorus.

GREE, please keep the memory requirements to load quests under the level that crashes our machines.

jonny0284
01-05-2013, 12:35 PM
although as a warrior , it wasnt really fair that the temple spear was so late in the contest. the game ended for me & I had 6 hits left on level 35

You did just as expected. As a free player, everything you got was worth it. You had the options to buy and spend Gems. There was nothing unfair, because you and I had the same choices from the get go.

Fedup
01-05-2013, 04:41 PM
I was stuck on level 29 (halfway through) left as my energy reloaded and couldnt get back on the map at all.

I tried all the tips and tricks on this forum , nothing worked. i started having bother with crashes from challenge 25 onwards.

so there I was with still 2 days and 20 hours something still on the clock, stuck.

I still cannot get the temple of abbad map open.

Newguy
01-05-2013, 07:45 PM
I agree with Iphazard. I use an Ipad1 and was able to get to level 24 in a couple hrs. After that the game crashed and map wouldn't load even after trying all the tricks. Very disappointing as this seemed to be one of the most rewarding quests.