PDA

View Full Version : Attack or Raid

ProCision
12-29-2012, 05:01 AM
Do you attack or raid? If you're going to raid what is the best building to raid? List the top 5. What pays better and what give you more xp.

Commander Ghost
12-29-2012, 06:27 AM
I never just tap the attack button. Its like shooting in the dark.

Always tap raid first. Look at the guys profile and check his defense number. If its greater than your attack then you are going to loose 9/10 times. Also it shows how much money the guy has. But wether he has that money locked up is a mystery.

And to answer your question i guess it depends on how much stamina you have. I usually fight the enemy. If i get alot of cash i will hit him again. But i try not to farm him.

Building raids take 3 hits to completely disable it. Usually higher upgraded buildings spew the most cash as ling as long as they are income buildings.

Kara T
12-29-2012, 06:33 AM
Check out the "Modern War FAQ's" sticky near the top of the forum. There should be a link to a spreadsheet that shows the payouts.

BigD@wg
12-29-2012, 06:38 AM
I am mostly a camper, but when I do need cash quickly I only look at targets that are over vault. Approximately, $300,000 per hit makes the XP gain worthwhile.

nic4msu
12-29-2012, 06:39 AM
I only attack if a player is over-vault or if I am in search of valor/xp/bp (& now concrete bricks). When raiding, I focus on the following bldgs: Oil Rigs (Level 1+), Oil Refineries (Level 2+), Ore Mines (Level 3+), Nano-tech Factories (Level 1+), Bio-domes (Level 2+), Space Centers (Level 2+). You may not have these options available yet if you are a lower level player, in which case you need to determine which buildings pay the most, and target those. The key is to maximize $/hit. When raiding, the third hit on a building pays twice what the first two hits pay. Also, if your money is over-vault, it is at risk if you attack someone, but not if you raid them. Never attack from the rivals screen. Always select raid so you can check their stats, even if you then choose to attack their player rather than raid a building.

Arizona
12-29-2012, 09:55 AM
If there's nothing else worth hitting, I'll always hit the Armory before I leave.

andypandy2
12-29-2012, 01:19 PM
Attack, attack! I am about to be in whale territory. So, I think I'll change my ways soon!

Minister Timothy
12-29-2012, 01:35 PM
My level 135 player has to be very selective on both raids and attack. only 56k on attack, and valor casualty laden. my level,now 28, player seems to be at least three to five times stronger than most rivals, 8k a/d with only 40 allies, i pretty much am able to do as i please. sometimes i do attack from the rivals screen just for the challenge. i have added more allies up to 118 now to finish off this boss, and see a few more better players but only one or two that i can not beat from the rivals screen. when i beat this boss i am going back home, there are fewer casualties there. i very rarly ever raid, but i leave notes on comment screen when i see uncollected level 10 stockpiles. the money isnt worth the xp points. since i am not going for the ann building the pressure in not on.

Hassleham
12-29-2012, 02:24 PM
I never just tap the attack button. Its like shooting in the dark.

Always tap raid first. Look at the guys profile and check his defense number. If its greater than your attack then you are going to loose 9/10 times.

Not quite. If you have enough attack points you will still win more fights than you lose. It works even better with raids. I have 120 attack points and I can raid people with defence 5k higher than my attack.

Archer59
12-29-2012, 04:19 PM
Target over vault players, get 300k and maybe a brick and level-up slower..... No $&:!?& brainer! Agree totally with Big Dawg!

manbeast
12-29-2012, 04:27 PM
You will notice most high stat players attack and low stat players raid.

Attacking gives way more valor than raiding (because of goals/missions). These valor payouts are much more important to your stats than game money. Also attacks seem to have slightly less casualties than raids

Tenspot
12-29-2012, 06:11 PM
I've noticed the opposite, I always seem to take more casualties in general when I attack vs raid. If I have at least a 3-4X advantage in attack I almost never take casualties raiding. Another thing is you should definitely check your enemy's boost buildings before hitting them. When I was a youngin, I had a 10k advantage in attack vs their defense and lost because of their boosts.

Kara T
12-29-2012, 06:25 PM
Leveling up too fast due to completing Valor missions, hurts you with the Boss events....the big draw back if you are still under the 130 zone.

BigD@wg
12-29-2012, 07:11 PM
My level 135 player has to be very selective on both raids and attack. only 56k on attack, and valor casualty laden. my level,now 28, player seems to be at least three to five times stronger than most rivals, 8k a/d with only 40 allies, i pretty much am able to do as i please. sometimes i do attack from the rivals screen just for the challenge. i have added more allies up to 118 now to finish off this boss, and see a few more better players but only one or two that i can not beat from the rivals screen. when i beat this boss i am going back home, there are fewer casualties there. i very rarly ever raid, but i leave notes on comment screen when i see uncollected level 10 stockpiles. the money isnt worth the xp points. since i am not going for the ann building the pressure in not on.

And sometimes another forum member attacks your LLP! So funny that we both posted on this thread and then I realized later that his LLP attacked me earlier today! A little forum fight night :) I lost. Boooo. Lol. Nice hit MT!

FromAfar
12-30-2012, 11:25 AM
what i've found, from my observations is that raid returns are directly related to the payoff of cash buildings.

if you hit it AND WIN, you should get 15% for hits 1 and 2. 30% for the 3rd hit. focusing on buildings with longer production cycles and / or higher levels will usually get more money. so, an oil rig and an armory @ same level... the oil rig will yield a much better return.

so, for example, if you see the following ripe buildings and you raid and win, you should see (rounded numbers):

l6 ore mine 660k / 99k 99k 198k
l6 recycle plant 396k / 59k 59k 118k

i may have a boost or two, or not, but it give the idea...

on a player, after a certain point, not sure of the cutoff, you will get 10% of the over vault value, with a max of 300k per hit. as near as i can tell, it appears, you can hit a guy about 1/2 of the number of bullets you have... give or take a little.

anyway, this is based on what i have seen. the player attack values, on my mid 30level guy, is not up to the 300k limit. the max is slowly growing, but still sub-300k of over vault value. the 10% still seems accurate once below the max for the level.

stephen2013
12-30-2012, 12:38 PM
I always check out the person's stats first, so I don't end up with a new enemy who hits me everyday for revenge.

If they're over vault, hit them. I attack them until it gets under 50k per hit, then ill stop because it isn't really worth it. For raids, I look for munitions 8+, any oil rigs, oil refineries 2+, ore mines 3+, recycling 5+, or pretty much any high level buildings (except those 5 min-3hr payout ones.)

jpwest
12-30-2012, 01:07 PM
why is it that when i raid someone i always lose even if there a lower level

IlliniFan1
12-30-2012, 09:02 PM
why is it that when i raid someone i always lose even if there a lower level
It could be because:
1. They have powerful units
2. They have good defense buildings surrounding the building you are trying to raid
Sometimes this happens to me. They might have been playing for longer, which means they could collect more indestructible event units. They might also have large gold armies, which have no level requirements. The best way to prevent this (I use this method) is to always check your opponent's stats and inventory before you attempt an attack or raid.