PDA

View Full Version : Single and a MW addict?

Ranger4Life
12-27-2012, 03:03 PM
I was just wondering how other single MW addicts balanced their single life and their MW addiction?

I just canceled a date tonight with an excuse about having to work so I could focus on the boss event. I have too many other things I'm doing this weekend so I needed to make sure I had some MW time. Haha.

So let's hear how the rest of you do it.

1earEddie
12-27-2012, 03:12 PM
Simple, Ranger4Life.....cheaper to rent

Hassleham
12-27-2012, 03:29 PM
That's disgraceful Ranger haha..

It'll be awkward if it turns out she plays as well and she reads this thread..

Ranger4Life
12-27-2012, 03:33 PM
That's disgraceful Ranger haha..

It'll be awkward if it turns out she plays as well and she reads this thread..

She has seen me play MW and has an iPhone... Fingers crossed!

ricemstcr
12-27-2012, 03:35 PM
im not single but personally i would never pass up the chance to get it on, especially for a game! that boss can go beat himself for all i care theres a warm woman waiting! some people are just wired that way i guess.

Paulio
12-27-2012, 03:35 PM
Well, I think we know WHY you're still single :cool:

Peppers
12-27-2012, 03:36 PM
Start an account for her and explain camping... just in case :)

My solution? Turn your significant other into a MW addict so you can have something to talk about, and can both ignore each other equally!

BigD@wg
12-27-2012, 03:38 PM
Well you still have to balance it when you're married too. Otherwise, I will be back to single life! Lol

asdfg12345
12-27-2012, 03:40 PM
I collected cash while on a date before and got caught. Surely did not go too well afterward LOL

Ranger4Life
12-27-2012, 03:50 PM
When I first started MW, I was in a 6 year relationship (she is who actually got me playing). It was much easier then.

Now I'm always trying to sneak in some MW time when it's one of the first few dates so they don't think I'm a nerd. Lol

Ranger4Life
12-27-2012, 03:50 PM
Well, I think we know WHY you're still single :cool:

Single and loving it!

Sugarymama
12-27-2012, 04:01 PM
I was just wondering how other single MW addicts balanced their single life and their MW addiction?

I just canceled a date tonight with an excuse about having to work so I could focus on the boss event. I have too many other things I'm doing this weekend so I needed to make sure I had some MW time. Haha.

So let's hear how the rest of you do it.

WHAT?? Lol....I'm not passing judgement at all, but that is nuts. I like this game, but I would never pass up an opportunity for intimacy for it. EVER. I know how to multitask well enough not to neglect my social life for a game. Can't you play for a couple of hours and then go out???

Your faction members must be loving you right now. The date you cancelled on...not so much.

Selfproclaimed
12-27-2012, 04:13 PM
Lol. I don't think I'd ever cancel a date just for modern war. I'm pretty glued to my iPad but whenever I have company, I put it down to stay social. I can understand canceling a date for modern war only if the girl was a 6 or lower. I do like peppers response though, get the other addicted to it so you can both ignore each other equally.

Ranger4Life
12-27-2012, 04:14 PM
WHAT?? Lol....I'm not passing judgement at all, but that is nuts. I like this game, but I would never pass up an opportunity for intimacy for it. EVER. I know how to multitask well enough not to neglect my social life for a game. Can't you play for a couple of hours and then go out???

Your faction members must be loving you right now. The date you cancelled on...not so much.

I don't mind the judgement. I have a date almost every single night so I don't feel like I'm missing out.

Sugarymama
12-27-2012, 04:27 PM
I don't mind the judgement. I have a date almost every single night so I don't feel like I'm missing out.

Oh I see. You're a whore...lol..

Big John
12-27-2012, 04:36 PM
What are going to do when WD event starts, lol

BigD@wg
12-27-2012, 04:41 PM

Well based on this thread and the fact it's a 3-day event, I'm guessing there will be some more cancelled dates! Lol

Ranger4Life
12-27-2012, 04:42 PM
Oh I see. You're a whore...lol..

Tomato Tomahto.

That's what I'm really worried about!

Mitchell
12-27-2012, 05:14 PM
i like this thread and can relate to it,ha ha ha,go ranger you got my vote!!!!!

King little fruit fly
12-27-2012, 05:24 PM
Haha, very funny, guys!

Elastic Earl
12-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Get married.
After that you will have plenty of time for MW.

Ph4ntom Stranger
12-27-2012, 06:29 PM
At times my wife has been ready to shove my phone where the sun doesn't shine, hmmm getting an iPad didn't help matters much either LOL. She gives me crap, we laugh about it, it's all good :)

Rothstar
12-27-2012, 08:08 PM
Get married.
After that you will have plenty of time for MW.

^^^ Yes, I completely agree! lol

Of course, this theory goes out the window once there is a 2-year old in the house. So get married, but don't have kids. lol

Ericinico
12-27-2012, 09:14 PM
Well, I think we know WHY you're still single :cool:😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄😄

Jhenry02
12-27-2012, 09:33 PM
If it flies, float, or fu%^*; rent it don't buy it.

Ranger4Life
12-27-2012, 11:11 PM
It all worked out in the end.

Giedrybe
12-27-2012, 11:33 PM
I guess Ranger you will be calling to your office and while "coughing" you'll say "I really feel bad today, I guess I'll stay home and take some pills, hope to get better in few days".

By some coincidence WD event will be in progress then.

But hey - dates every night? Sounds more like work :) Not much of romantics for sure. I just wonder how your date was looking like when you were on your way to Forum Champion :)

If more seriously - I'd second what SP wrote.

Giedrybe
12-27-2012, 11:35 PM
Single and loving it!

Not a single and loving it!

I hope we can still stay in same faction, even with such drastic differences lol

ohgreatitsryan
12-27-2012, 11:37 PM
I would never pass up some lovin' for modern war, though one time I did combine WoW with some lovin', it was an interesting raid on vent. I can't believe I'm single.

Bea
12-28-2012, 01:19 AM
I think I will tell my next boyfriend that my job is testing iphone games.

Ph4ntom Stranger
12-28-2012, 05:16 AM

Quote of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

Lt. Falcon
12-28-2012, 07:02 AM
If you find the right type of woman, you can collect from your buildings, beat the boss and get some PvP in while getting laid...

I know this for fact!!

Baraka
12-28-2012, 07:53 AM
Hehe that would be a fantastic, a girlfriend who happily collected your money for you.

Lara Croft TR
12-28-2012, 08:17 AM
I prefer for you that you should choose the "ladies first," be a gentleman, & MW second. And don't be a man whore like in that comedy movie, I forgot the name of that actor.

Its just a suggestion Ranger, no biggie!? Lol!

Ranger4Life
12-28-2012, 09:53 AM

Definitely quote of the day!

I prefer for you that you should choose the "ladies first," be a gentleman, & MW second. And don't be a man whore like in that comedy movie, I forgot the name of that actor.

Its just a suggestion Ranger, no biggie!? Lol!

I think it is more gentleman-like to have canceled than to have her suffer through my timers going off. Or canceling on her if she was a "6" for a "10". :D

Ranger4Life
12-28-2012, 09:56 AM
Not a single and loving it!

I hope we can still stay in same faction, even with such drastic differences lol

"Different strokes for different folks."

I loved being in a relationship and now I love being single. Guess I'm just a happy guy. Lol

Ferr
12-28-2012, 10:14 AM

Sigh, there was a time sm and I could spend hours reading the best of the best of local authors in a dimmed coffeeshop in amsterdam, mw was nowhere to find...

Fl@sh
12-28-2012, 10:17 AM
I'm Fl@sh, and I'm an addict.

BigD@wg
12-28-2012, 10:23 AM

Is there a 12-step program for this?

Fl@sh
12-28-2012, 10:26 AM
Is there a 12-step program for this?You mean to say, "Hi Fl@sh".

BigD@wg
12-28-2012, 10:51 AM
You mean to say, "Hi Fl@sh".

Lol! I actually had that typed first and changed it.

Lt. Falcon
12-28-2012, 11:09 AM

Welcome Fl@sh!!

Ranger4Life
12-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Hi Fl@sh. It's nice to see others admitting that they have a problem.

Bolognium
12-28-2012, 11:57 AM
I find myself waking up at 3 in the morning and immediately try to open a crate. The GF does not appreciate it. I traded a 5 year Civilization III addiction for a 1 year Modern War addiction. The Pro's.....I can play MW in the bathroom. The Con's.......This game will end up costing me Hundreds of $$ more by the time I am done with it, and you can't even "win".

BigD@wg
12-28-2012, 12:13 PM
I find myself waking up at 3 in the morning and immediately try to open a crate. The GF does not appreciate it. I traded a 5 year Civilization III addiction for a 1 year Modern War addiction. The Pro's.....I can play MW in the bathroom. The Con's.......This game will end up costing me Hundreds of $$ more by the time I am done with it, and you can't even "win".

Actually, we have established that the only way to "win" is to quit. But since we are all addicts, we continue to lose.

aether100
12-28-2012, 12:47 PM
I have been banned from any ipad or iphone use when over at my girl friends house. she said straight up that I will be single if I play anything when I am with her. She now thinks I have a tiny bladder because I take so many (cough) bathroom breaks.

Bolognium
12-28-2012, 12:58 PM
The quote from last night when my phone timer goes off for the boss events, "Let me guess, you have to beat the general again?". I tried to explain it to her once, but there was no way to make it sound cool.

Ranger4Life
12-28-2012, 01:03 PM
I have been banned from any ipad or iphone use when over at my girl friends house. she said straight up that I will be single if I play anything when I am with her. She now thinks I have a tiny bladder because I take so many (cough) bathroom breaks.

The quote from last night when my phone timer goes off for the boss events, "Let me guess, you have to beat the general again?". I tried to explain it to her once, but there was no way to make it sound cool.

I love it! Keep it coming.

Paulio
12-28-2012, 01:05 PM
I love it! Keep me coming.

gross .....

BigBassTurd
12-28-2012, 01:09 PM
I just made my wife a love making hat! It's got velcro on the front and put velcro on the back of my phone. Multi-task people, men can do it too LOL. I tried duct tape at first, but now she's missing half an eyebrow!

Edit: just added velcro to the back!

Peppers
12-28-2012, 01:14 PM
I tried duct tape at first, but now she's missing half an eyebrow!

A Velcro hat is much more considerate. HA! She's one lucky girl :)

Ranger4Life
12-28-2012, 01:22 PM
gross .....

I really didn't mean to put that. Edited.

BigD@wg
12-28-2012, 01:23 PM

My wife laughs every time my timer on phone goes off. She thinks I'm retarded and she's right! Lol. She is sweet though, bought me IPad mini for XMas. Think it was just so I would stop taking her IPad away from her to play my LLP :)

Mitchell
12-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Big Bass,those comments still have me laughing,keep them coming

Lara Croft TR
12-28-2012, 02:01 PM
I used to be addicted to MW & now i see higher level has no chance in boss event & specially hackers are everywhere. I'm more into KA now cause they have Limited Quest that can help non-campers higher level player. Gree is trying to balance the higher & lower levels gameplay. I wish they will do it here in MW someday.

Ranger4Life
12-28-2012, 02:05 PM
I used to be addicted to MW & now i see higher level has no chance in boss event & specially hackers are everywhere. I'm more into KA now cause they have Limited Quest that can help non-campers higher level player. Gree is trying to balance the higher & lower levels gameplay. I wish they will do it here in MW someday.

I agree about KA. I love the new quest events, but I just don't like KA near as much as MW.

Fl@sh
12-28-2012, 02:15 PM
The quote from last night when my phone timer goes off for the boss events, "Let me guess, you have to beat the general again?". I tried to explain it to her once, but there was no way to make it sound cool.I hate to brag, but I set an alarm for beating a boss once and fell asleep. I woke up the next morning, and my girlfriend had beaten my boss taken a screenshot of my winning unit.

Mitchell
12-28-2012, 02:19 PM
Lara,I have noticed the same thing,MW started as a passion for me,never tried other games on here,just a fill in till I get back into mud riding when weather gets better,but have met some great people on here who I admire,so may play on after I intended,SO A BIG THANKS TO A GREAT BUNCH OF PEOPLE WHO HELP EACH OTHER,think the world of this group

Ryans67
12-28-2012, 02:26 PM
I hate to brag, but I set an alarm for beating a boss once and fell asleep. I woke up the next morning, and my girlfriend had beaten my boss taken a screenshot of my winning unit.

She's a keeper!

Ranger4Life
12-28-2012, 02:27 PM
I hate to brag, but I set an alarm for beating a boss once and fell asleep. I woke up the next morning, and my girlfriend had beaten my boss taken a screenshot of my winning unit.

Time to put a ring on it.

Kara T
12-28-2012, 07:20 PM

Was that her first kill? If so I am sure that turned out to be a treat.......

Mksound
12-28-2012, 11:52 PM
I find it very troubling and sad that anyone would rather play a game then spend time with him or her romantically on a date or in marriage. For me my wife or girlfriend if I had one comes second only to God. Mainly wife.

Ranger4Life
12-29-2012, 12:06 AM
I find it very troubling and sad that anyone would rather play a game then spend time with him or her romantically on a date or in marriage. For me my wife or girlfriend if I had one comes second only to God. Mainly wife.

It's okay. Others find it troubling when one doesn't know how to use proper English.

Once again... "Different strokes for different folks."

Lawyer
12-29-2012, 12:20 AM
Being we are all bearing our souls.... I have not passed on a date but have been known to break out the iPad in bed when "cuddle time" enters "sleep time" .... Haven't been caught yet....lol

Also I play constantly while in court....that is how I raised 100 mil in 2 days.... Oh, is anyone surprised I am part of ranger's faction?

Ranger4Life
12-29-2012, 12:25 AM
I'm just proud I got 60+ comments. It's not HK status, but it will suffice. :D

Captain Steelman
12-29-2012, 01:15 PM
Cancel a date because of the boss-event...? Thatīs like selling your Ann-building to be able to buy more Light Gunners....

JCS-Chairman
12-29-2012, 05:35 PM
Well the wifey knows I play. I actually got permission for 5 vaults and the 100 bucks she spends on hair and nails and pedicures - I can now spend the same on Gold each month. So, she is ok with me playing and even grabbing cash when out but when she wants her time well - I can't mess up a good thing. :)

Bea
12-30-2012, 01:05 AM
That sounds pretty good to me :)

manbeast
12-30-2012, 08:24 AM
I'm married but I can definitely see where ranger and others are coming from.

Those first couple days when 3.0 went live, it definitely put a strain on the relationship. The rest of the time my wife is pretty cool about it. If I'm busy/driving/whatever she knows how to kill bosses, open crates, and collect money.

Thunder Child
12-30-2012, 08:32 AM
I'm in the trade-off scenario - gold and playing time in exchange for nails, hair, etc. And yes, it's got a lot trickier since MW3!

Minister Timothy
12-30-2012, 09:27 AM
Most times i feel like that guy on that commercial checking the game on the date with his girlfriend. My wife hated this game after about a week, but after about two months of letting me know her displeasure of always looking down when she was talking to me, she finally resigned to the fact that until i wanted to leave it, this game was here. I`ve tried many methods to stop spending soo much time on it, even deleted the game and all my money buildings on my hlp. the game mysteriously came back on my ipod and eventually the money buildings. Now i am convinced that the only way to curb the time spent on it is to be so strong that if you dont collect no one can take what you have. Hence....Third Minister. Now I can spend more time with my wife. Plus I bought her levian chocolate diamond earings for Christmas(he went to Jared). She is not angry at the game anymore, and married life is much better than single.l:->