PDA

View Full Version : Attn: euchred...or anyone good at Econ planning

Holicaholic
12-26-2012, 01:53 PM
Just looking for advice on what to upgrade/concentrate on right now. I can either list my buildings or you could just send me a friend request to take a look at it. Also, while I do have some gold buildings, I'm not a gold spender (I MIGHT buy a vault every 3 or 4 sales).

Hero of Time
12-26-2012, 01:56 PM
¿Can you list your buildings?

Euchred
12-26-2012, 02:02 PM
Request about to be sent

Coldjoey
12-26-2012, 02:02 PM
Code is in his stats.

Holicaholic
12-26-2012, 02:25 PM
Just accepted, euchred. I have a loft upgrading right now (8 to 9) and 92 mil in the bank

Beardy
12-26-2012, 04:24 PM
Also, while I do have some gold buildings, I'm not a gold spender (I MIGHT buy a vault every 3 or 4 sales).

I think that makes you a gold spender..

Invite sent.

¿Can you list your buildings?

He didn't ask you. (Cant wait till you get banned again)

Euchred
12-26-2012, 06:44 PM
Not exactly sure where you stand on Nightclubs but if you collect 4 times a day I'd highly recommend an upgrade. For this little plan I'll exclude them.

By using a slightly altered spreadsheet I base upgrades off ROI, this is what I came up with.

Short term (in order)
Pirate Tavern - 3
Rock cafe - 4
Gentlemans club - 3

Some excellent savings upgrades to do if you need them or you want to do NCs are
Beachside Inn - 5
Creamatorium - 4
Possibly Upscale - 3 if thet're not there already.

Longer term (in order)
Office Building - 2
Pirate Tavern - 4
Office building - 3 I'd consider combining 2&3 to avoid syncing headaches
Upscale club - 4
Gentlemans club - 4
Rock Cafe - 5
Condos - 4

I would have followed this exact path but one of the differences for me is that my NC upgrades didn't factor in ROI they were always a backseat goal. So at this point mine were probaby level 7.

mxz
12-26-2012, 07:00 PM
Based on the building list you have there, upgrades shouldn't be based on ROI or IRR since he's not looking for short term gains anymore.

Euchred
12-26-2012, 07:07 PM
Based on the building list you have there, upgrades shouldn't be based on ROI or IRR since he's not looking for short term gains anymore.

I don't really get technical with it, I just focus on progressing the best buildings. I recommended it because it's what worked for me. That's all I really have to say, I didn't expect it to be perfect.

Polarbear
12-26-2012, 07:15 PM
Longer term (in order)
Office Building - 2
Pirate Tavern - 4
Upscale club - 4
Gentlemans club - 4
Rock Cafe - 5
Condos - 4

I second this =] basically just named my buildings!

http://i1153.photobucket.com/albums/p503/Polar2Bear/6dccd37d4ecc7cf5459d64db448bfc59.jpg

Euchred
12-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Nice place Polarbear, I really need to stop fighting the russian/french restaraunt and build them already.

Polarbear
12-26-2012, 07:33 PM
Thanks, I would have figured past 5m IPH anything below up scales aren't worth the time anymore...

Anyway, OP I would just try take all the higher tiered buildings to level 5 and all the mafia prerequisites to 7, past that its just your preference.

Euchred
12-26-2012, 07:37 PM
Thanks, I would have figured past 5m IPH anything below up scales aren't worth the time anymore....

You're not kidding, I'm clocking in at 7.25mill and there's only 10 upgrades left that actaully leave a dent in my cash. Mind you a few are large dents.

Polarbear
12-26-2012, 07:43 PM
Haha just hope you strike that axe of reaping lottery that gives you 10% more income? (I think)

That would be the difference between first and second on the leaderboards.

Euchred
12-26-2012, 07:49 PM
You mean this one that I was super close to getting
http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t421/Euchred/sooclosescratch6diff.png
I dont think they offer it anymore :(

murf
12-26-2012, 08:47 PM
Not exactly sure where you stand on Nightclubs but if you collect 4 times a day I'd highly recommend an upgrade. For this little plan I'll exclude them.

By using a slightly altered spreadsheet I base upgrades off ROI, this is what I came up with.

Short term (in order)
Pirate Tavern - 3
Rock cafe - 4
Gentlemans club - 3

Some excellent savings upgrades to do if you need them or you want to do NCs are
Beachside Inn - 5
Creamatorium - 4
Possibly Upscale - 3 if thet're not there already.

Longer term (in order)
Office Building - 2
Pirate Tavern - 4
Upscale club - 4
Gentlemans club - 4
Rock Cafe - 5
Condos - 4

I would have followed this exact path but one of the differences for me is that my NC upgrades didn't factor in ROI they were always a backseat goal. So at this point mine were probaby level 7.

Euchred, I like your analysis here...usually you just reply to my posts to just upgrade NCs all else is noise....this is exactly how I view the crime city world as well....I like my OBs at L4 and Credit Agencies to L3/4 if you are collecting them regularly....

Holicaholic
12-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Thanks for all the input guys, I was out for the evening so thats why I kinda weNt MIA from my own topic. I will probably follow close to euchred's plan. My goal was to get EVERYTHING to level 3 before deciding what to do next, but after hitting 1 million IPH I decided to try and boost my IPH strategically instead.

My banked money plus the upgrade times should make it so I don't have to do a whole lot of saving for the prescribed upgrades. Assuming, that is, that I do them by level order (everything to 3, then 4, then 5, and so on)

All input is appreciated, so if anyone else wants to chime in, please feel free. Do, however me took your good name prior to sending a mob invite, I don't prefer to accept strangers for some reason.

Holicaholic
12-26-2012, 09:21 PM
"Me took your good name"?

WTF autocorrect? I'm not even drunk....

I meant, please put your hood name in this thread, so I can see it before accepting.

jaywalker
12-27-2012, 03:43 PM
Even if you calculate NC at 60% income (2,4/4 collections) it's better than most of the other buildings you have.

Deluxe
12-27-2012, 05:08 PM
All buildings to same level consecutively. Save for most expensive duo and work your way down. If you save correctly before you start then youll never have to stop to save and can push on thru until your worst bldg is upgraded to level X and then as you work thru upgrading your 'worst' buildings you are simultaneously saving to kick off the next level of upgrades from the top down...

mxz
12-27-2012, 11:05 PM
All buildings to same level consecutively. Save for most expensive duo and work your way down. If you save correctly before you start then youll never have to stop to save and can push on thru until your worst bldg is upgraded to level X and then as you work thru upgrading your 'worst' buildings you are simultaneously saving to kick off the next level of upgrades from the top down...That makes me cringe! ;)

I know its all very minor since this is a video game and in-game cash is worthless, but a lot of strategic investment planning and long term cash flow accounting is lost by using ROI or Most expensive [z-a] planning. I hate to keep plugging GFI and NPV but if you're serious about Econ in the middle stages ($200k-3M) its really the best way to set strategic planning goals.

Deluxe
12-28-2012, 05:36 AM
That makes me cringe! ;)

I know its all very minor since this is a video game and in-game cash is worthless, but a lot of strategic investment planning and long term cash flow accounting is lost by using ROI or Most expensive [z-a] planning. I hate to keep plugging GFI and NPV but if you're serious about Econ in the middle stages ($200k-3M) its really the best way to set strategic planning goals.

I dont remember exactly why/how/who but ram said it was a solid method a while back when he posted all those graphs and the long write up.
I could care less about ROI, its all worthless currency in the long run. I dont have a formula i follow, I just dont like taking save breaks and i also dont like runaway buildings upgrades (like people do to ncs, all the while only collecting 75% of the time) so, numbers aside, it fits perfectly into my preferences (and at nearly 4mill iph im in upper tier so i must be doing ok)

jaywalker
12-28-2012, 07:33 AM
I dont remember exactly why/how/who but ram said it was a solid method a while back when he posted all those graphs and the long write up.
I could care less about ROI, its all worthless currency in the long run. I dont have a formula i follow, I just dont like taking save breaks and i also dont like runaway buildings upgrades (like people do to ncs, all the while only collecting 75% of the time) so, numbers aside, it fits perfectly into my preferences (and at nearly 4mill iph im in upper tier so i must be doing ok)4

I'm guessing:
IPH gained / time

How much IPH can you gain pr hour.