PDA

View Full Version : Fortifications

Big John
12-26-2012, 05:08 AM
What are Fortifications used for?
Factions will use one fortification during every war. While that faction's wall is standing, the opposing faction will earn half as many WD Points. Factions can spend money and concrete to upgrade the fortifications up to level 10. A fortification will be consumed at the end of the war regardless of whether the opposing faction completely destroyed it or not.

Taken from splash screen. Does it mean you lose a level or all the fortification?

nic4msu
12-26-2012, 06:51 AM
What are Fortifications used for?
Factions will use one fortification during every war. While that faction's wall is standing, the opposing faction will earn half as many WD Points. Factions can spend money and concrete to upgrade the fortifications up to level 10. A fortification will be consumed at the end of the war regardless of whether the opposing faction completely destroyed it or not.

Taken from splash screen. Does it mean you lose a level or all the fortification?

I read it to mean that you will lose one full fortification - no matter what level it is - per war. If you take a level 10 into the war, that level 10 fortification will be completely gone when it's over, not reduced to a lower level. If you bring a level 1 in, it will go down faster, but you only lose a level 1 fortification. How best to utilize high level fortifications if your faction has only a limited number of them will become an important strategic decision.

FromAfar
12-26-2012, 11:13 AM
it seems the major implication is to promote pre-contest attacks devalue camping.

with camping, you will not have strong fortifications, just money. if forts work well, it then encourages a break from camping to be able to build.

and if fortifications, used or unused, completely disappear from event-2-event (month-2-month) you must do some pretty substantial attacks to rebuild monthly.

BigD@wg
12-26-2012, 12:42 PM
While they apparently are necessary for WD battles, I am still under the belief that fortifications are nothing more than a new mechanism to stop people from camping and forcing them to level up. The tremendous amount of XP generated by brick hunting forces people to level.

All the other mechanisms ...PVE, PVP for valor, PVP for battle points, collect 10, auction events, and boss events have only partially got people to deviate from camping. The incentives, however, were not great enough to offset the impending doom of the whale zone.

Now Gree has pitted players against one another to force them to level. Faction leaders and faction members expect everyone to contribute and to do what is necessary to win these battles. Therefore, unless you want to risk getting booted from your team ...you must hunt bricks and level up by doing so. It is the perfect "leveling mechanism".

Big John
12-26-2012, 12:49 PM
I've never done as much pvp as now. I was strictly pve only but I'm shooting up the levels but bricks aren't coming.

Gaining plenty of valor though.

Kevin Harvey
01-02-2013, 03:41 PM
Has anybody purchased a 2nd Level 10 fortification yet? I have 1 Level 10 & have not bought another one because I did not want to loose my level 10 but would like to start stocking them now.

licker_low
01-02-2013, 03:49 PM
Has anybody purchased a 2nd Level 10 fortification yet? I have 1 Level 10 & have not bought another one because I did not want to loose my level 10 but would like to start stocking them now.

Kevin we have 36 level ten forts. Question I'm wondering is this ... Lose a fort per war? It's a 3 day war against another faction so how many battles do we do in the 3 days? If rival faction destroys our fort on day one for example, do we use another one of day 2 and so on?

Thanks all!

Jacko99
01-02-2013, 04:11 PM
My understanding is that a fort lasts for 1 battle (1 hour). So, if you had 5 battles per day over the 3 day war, you would lose 15 fortifications... So, 15 level 10s if they are the ones you use for each of the battles. There are teams out there that will literally battle round the clock so potentially 72 forts gone.

Jacko99
01-02-2013, 04:13 PM
Oh, yeah, you're going to need a lot more than 1 level 10 if you want to place well.

SuperSonic Chimp
01-03-2013, 09:03 AM
What's this "splashscreen" everyone keeps talking about?!!! Is this another thing droid users are being jipped on...because I have NOTHING telling me about WD!