PDA

View Full Version : Farming a real weapon for Rogue.

Ssne
12-25-2012, 01:57 PM
Hi, anyone have any good tips to farm a better weapon for Rogue than 19/11 Astral Bow? This is my LLP, L51. I have 59 hero strength and am literally hitting these Ice Giants for 55 points if I'm lucky. My Hero aarmor is 10/25 Hawkslayer Leather so that ain't helping much either.

Thanks in advance.

Metajetta
12-26-2012, 07:27 AM
This would interest me also. I played a few months ago, lost my device, and I'm annoyed to find that I'm stuck with hero equipment I ditched several player levels below this, last time. This is my main motivation for no kidding, not leveling up camping right now. I need to get my ducks in a row (my resources balanced better) so I can farm and quest more freely. Honestly, though, I'm looking forward to the hunt. :)

Metajetta
12-26-2012, 07:59 AM
I should note that "real" rogue equipment though would be in terms of numbers, not what it actually is. Daggers, skian dhus, and wrist blades are most appropriate but the melee animation is horrifyingly laughable. As a female, impact weapons aren't my cup of tea but whatever.

While we are discussing this - is it in the works to actually fix the fact that, oh, 80% of my avatar's armor, as a female and a rogue to boot, has serious wardrobe malfunction issues? The problem seems to be that rogue-equipable armor is largely the type that has "pieces" and these cause problems on the smaller female model frame. Either that or the single piece items that do work, ahem, simply turn the character's chest into a young boy's.

It's not just me, right? I know it's not KingdomAgeVille, and if it's sitting in the "best armor" slot with 25/57 (ha) it doesnt matter whether the model can actually "wear" it. But I'm an awfully active player most of the time. I get picky when I'm watching my character slay 59 Forces of Evil in a row.

Personally, I think the outfits should be something separate from the armor you can buy/loot - then the devs wouldn't have to worry about animating every single piece of equipment. The equipment you gain access to could open new choices in the customization menu. So if you loot Giantkin Mail and it's available for your hero class, and it's a new high level of armor, you get a few more choices under "Customize." If you buy Hawkslayer Leather, you'll find a few more options available under customization. Ones that actually work, forsooth. ;)

Onmyway
12-26-2012, 08:34 AM
Hi, anyone have any good tips to farm a better weapon for Rogue than 19/11 Astral Bow? This is my LLP, L51. I have 59 hero strength and am literally hitting these Ice Giants for 55 points if I'm lucky. My Hero aarmor is 10/25 Hawkslayer Leather so that ain't helping much either.

Thanks in advance.

Funny you should ask. I was eagerly awaiting a reply to this post as I was a Rogue in the same boat. That astral bow just wasn't helping much! Just yesterday though, when I leveled to 79, I decided to do something about it. I went to Shadowriven Hall and killed the Archfiend. It took awhile, but I got some nice, new Runic Dwarven Tools for my reward. A/D is 33/22, much better than the 19/11 for the astral bow. I tried out my new toys on a couple of monsters and wow. Nice! Now if I could find some stronger armor...