PDA

View Full Version : new LTE Winters Bane

Nacon10
12-24-2012, 12:31 PM
no splash screen anyone else get this

Coco c
12-24-2012, 12:34 PM
I have it in my goals too. No splash screen though so I'm not sure if the reward is worth it yet.

chimera69
12-24-2012, 12:34 PM
Here's the splashscreen...

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u465/mystery8x/0c30a97ddf37617dc2c6fb98031764f8_zpse36c2160.jpg

chimera69
12-24-2012, 12:36 PM
These are the 4 goals that need to be completed...

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u465/mystery8x/00b59404f427db9666ea49722c4a7335_zps7117d937.jpg

http://i1069.photobucket.com/albums/u465/mystery8x/e233173bec01479072358737054d0312_zpsa588d007.jpg

DragCro
12-24-2012, 12:46 PM
It looks good,i like the frostbane dragon ,but for know i have to pass on this event.This is more for high level players,i level up to fast if i play this event

spectra
12-24-2012, 01:08 PM
It looks good,i like the frostbane dragon ,but for know i have to pass on this event.This is more for high level players,i level up to fast if i play this event

that is true!!!
it took me the whole 1,500 energy I have to complete the first two task because not every kill will drop the required item
now have to ways 5 hours for it to refill (unless i buy refill) to do the third task
and I have 210 hero points to kill the monsters, at low levels it will take too long

good luck to all

Winstrol
12-24-2012, 01:10 PM
Why they do these stupid quest in lower maps , they should move them to the highest one so campers wont get any reward

Shinazueli
12-24-2012, 01:55 PM
Why they do these stupid quest in lower maps , they should move them to the highest one so campers wont get any reward

Yeah. Eat it. I mean, seriously.

Stop blaming campers for the developer's inability to properly program the game. If they wanted people to go all the way to 200, then they'll need to fix level 200 first. Until then, be quiet and keep getting wrecked by the heavy players up there.

Proprioc3ption
12-24-2012, 01:59 PM
I guess they want to tempt the campers to stop camping and level up.
What's with all these events at once anyway...it's Christmas time. Who has time to do them all, not me. This is a time to spend with family and friends not a time to play stupid games.

It seems GREE is being greedy and wanting to make a Christmas profit with all these events...hummmm.
I'll be skipping this one, especially after getting the herd unit. He's worth 2-3 to boss events alone. I'm content with the presents I have thank you GREE. Too many events all together I think.

DIrishB
12-24-2012, 02:00 PM
The Snow Yetis and Arctic Wendigos aren't spawning on my maps. Just drained my energy bar (1500 points) killing other low level (and a few of the newer higher level) monsters to get it to spawn with no luck. All the more frustrating since I fully mastered these maps long ago.

chimera69
12-24-2012, 02:08 PM
The Snow Yetis and Arctic Wendigos aren't spawning on my maps. Just drained my energy bar (1500 points) killing other low level (and a few of the newer higher level) monsters to get it to spawn with no luck. All the more frustrating since I fully mastered these maps long ago.

Try again in 1/2 hour or so. If they're not on the map, wait again. I have this on my HLP account but not on my LLP account yet (the uneven roll out if events is, unfortunately, rather typical).

DIrishB
12-24-2012, 02:20 PM
Try again in 1/2 hour or so. If they're not on the map, wait again. I have this on my HLP account but not on my LLP account yet (the uneven roll out if events is, unfortunately, rather typical).

Oh I know. It's just that I got the splash screen, have the quests on my list, etc. Strangely the Frost Orb quest has me listed as completing 1/4 quest portions, even though I haven't, which I'm wondering if this may be why they're not spawning. I'm wondering if this quest isn't bugged, least for some.

It's annoying. I sent a ticket into support but with the holiday doubt I'll hear back in time to actually complete the quest.

chimera69
12-24-2012, 02:30 PM
Oh I know. It's just that I got the splash screen, have the quests on my list, etc. Strangely the Frost Orb quest has me listed as completing 1/4 quest portions, even though I haven't, which I'm wondering if this may be why they're not spawning. I'm wondering if this quest isn't bugged, least for some.

It's annoying. I sent a ticket into support but with the holiday doubt I'll hear back in time to actually complete the quest.

I guess you could try shutting your device off/then on again or delete/reinstall the app if it doesn't right itself in the next couple of hours. Good luck :)

Winstrol
12-24-2012, 03:01 PM

Stop blaming campers for the developer's inability to properly program the game. If they wanted people to go all the way to 200, then they'll need to fix level 200 first. Until then, be quiet and keep getting wrecked by the heavy players up there.
Fix level 200 ? , cant find any other excuse ?

Serboy
12-24-2012, 03:20 PM
Nice reward stats for this easy event

Dexter Morgan
12-24-2012, 03:39 PM
Passing this one up. Good luck to all

Winstrol
12-24-2012, 03:45 PM
Just got the reward, you will have to use at least 7-9k energy to get that reward

DIrishB
12-24-2012, 04:14 PM
I guess you could try shutting your device off/then on again or delete/reinstall the app if it doesn't right itself in the next couple of hours. Good luck :)

Thanks. It's working now. The Yetis don't have green arrows over them, but they're dropping the daggers (1 out of 3 on average).

What's wrong with lvl 200?

Baraka
12-24-2012, 04:38 PM
At least units an improvement on last time. Think this one looks easy.glad I'm not a low level camper, hehe !!!

Shinazueli
12-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Fix level 200 ? , cant find any other excuse ?

Lol. At the risk of being offensive, you sir, are being a douche. It's not an excuse, it's simple game design. Players will always do what is in their own best interests. The task of the game developer is to ensure that the "intended" way of playing the game is properly incentivized. Since they have up until this point epically failed to do this, you are seeing a lot of players refuse to level. They are slowly fixing the problem with LTQs, but once most of the campers get to just below the whale zone (or level 100 for some) the incentives to play in the events will once again be outweighed by the danger of never being able to go overvault again. In order to truly "fix" the higher levels, they will need to make it possible for free players to go overvault up there. That's always been the problem.

Now, you can make simple comments on a forum (and sound like a feminine hygiene object while you are at it) or you could opt to have a real discussion about it. Since you've only resorted to idiotic one liners so far, I'm guessing you don't have any arguments to back up your (fairly stupid) opinions, and should just be quiet.

Winstrol
12-24-2012, 05:11 PM
Lol. At the risk of being offensive, you sir, are being a douche. It's not an excuse, it's simple game design. Players will always do what is in their own best interests. The task of the game developer is to ensure that the "intended" way of playing the game is properly incentivized. Since they have up until this point epically failed to do this, you are seeing a lot of players refuse to level. They are slowly fixing the problem with LTQs, but once most of the campers get to just below the whale zone (or level 100 for some) the incentives to play in the events will once again be outweighed by the danger of never being able to go overvault again. In order to truly "fix" the higher levels, they will need to make it possible for free players to go overvault up there. That's always been the problem.

Now, you can make simple comments on a forum (and sound like a feminine hygiene object while you are at it) or you could opt to have a real discussion about it. Since you've only resorted to idiotic one liners so far, I'm guessing you don't have any arguments to back up your (fairly stupid) opinions, and should just be quiet.

There's nothing to fix you ****ing idiot , you just stay at low levels to get these cheap **** prizes from boss events and **** like that , but I will make sure , that once you reach level 120 you will be constantly raided and attacked , just to show you that camping wasnt worth :D

Dexter Morgan
12-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Merry Xmas everyone!!!

King Gabriel388
12-24-2012, 05:28 PM
Merry Christmas Dex, and everyone. Cheers.

Gambit12
12-24-2012, 05:30 PM
C'mon guys is Christmas time, we don't need this. Don't worry about this Gree games guys, just have fun, & be happy...

Ratma2001
12-24-2012, 05:41 PM
Finished it and looks good under my Christmas Tree !! Merry Christmas to all... Eat heaps drink and be Merry

Guido69
12-24-2012, 05:48 PM
In order to truly "fix" the higher levels, they will need to make it possible for free players to go overvault up there. That's always been the problem.

Who says a free player cannot go over the vault limit at levels 100+? It's harder admittedly, but players do that successfully all the time.

If you defend your camping style, that is fine. Just camp. I personally find it extremely boring.

MaverickMunkey
12-24-2012, 06:11 PM
It's easy to over vault over 100. I went on my BD10 run at around Lvl 120 and only got raided once. Just make sure your att and def are good enough and you generally won't be bothered.

chbranch
12-24-2012, 06:19 PM
I'm not seeing this LTE Winters Bane. I'm level 25. Is this a high level quest?

Q Raider
12-24-2012, 06:50 PM

Haven't read the follow up posts which appear to have caused some ruffled feathers on both sides so will just answer this comment as I see it.

The quest should be open to all players so they can choose to participate or not.

A direct example of this is my HLP will participate as it was set up as a monster killer from the start so the skill points are heavily focussed in that direction. My LLP will likely not participate as it was set up as more of a Elite event chaser purely as I got peeved off at the drastic rise in strength of the opponent above level 100. My HLP one hits most monsters in this LT challenge, the LLP would take five to six hits. In the elite events I can get into the latter stages using in game funds and choose to spend some real money if it looks "a good deal".

Fact is Most campers will likely have focussed on Defence skill points and thus would find it very time consuming to complete the event unless they are willing to spend gold........and as most campers play on a "limited gold spend theme" they will not participate anyway.

Ratma2001
12-24-2012, 07:11 PM
A direct example of this is my HLP will participate as it was set up as a monster killer from the start so the skill points are heavily focussed in that direction. My LLP will likely not participate as it was set up as more of a Elite event chaser purely as I got peeved off at the drastic rise in strength of the opponent above level 100. My HLP one hits most monsters in this LT challenge, the LLP would take five to six hits. In the elite events I can get into the latter stages using in game funds and choose to spend some real money if it looks "a good deal".

Fact is Most campers will likely have focussed on Defence skill points and thus would find it very time consuming to complete the event unless they are willing to spend gold........and as most campers play on a "limited gold spend theme" they will not participate anyway.

As I finished and started this morning and only went up 1 level from 103 to 104 and I have 57k attack and 61 defense with 1075 energy it took on average 1 and 1/2 hits on the last challenge per ice golem
, so I only spent minimal amount go gems with a 5 hour reload, it didn't matter what order I did it in as each quest I did was mixed with all three but would not see the actual count until the first stage was completed (thought I was using energy for nothing) but once I completed the level it updated to the next
, but I think this was worth it for my profile and level, that's why I did not complete the reindeer as I could only get to level 10 ata cost of 350 Gems compared to 60 for this .
But each to there own I payed this and wasn't forced to! I play MY WAY

Shinazueli
12-24-2012, 08:04 PM
There's nothing to fix you ****ing idiot , you just stay at low levels to get these cheap **** prizes from boss events and **** like that , but I will make sure , that once you reach level 120 you will be constantly raided and attacked , just to show you that camping wasnt worth :D

Good luck with that.

Shinazueli
12-24-2012, 08:10 PM
It's easy to over vault over 100. I went on my BD10 run at around Lvl 120 and only got raided once. Just make sure your att and def are good enough and you generally won't be bothered.

If it was "easy" to overvault for high levels there wouldn't be any campers. Seriously, the boss events all by themselves wouldn't cause half the players to camp. The two of them combine to make it an easy choice for a lot of people. Just for example, when was the last time you sat on 2 million gold for a month just because you can't spend it fast enough?

I'm not bothered by some people's opinion (even though I think they are wrong). I'm bothered by his general douchiness.

There's a difference between an intelligent argument between two forum members who have a difference of opinion, and his posts which sound like an angry cave man wrote them.

"WHAT?! You not think like me!! Caveman smash!!"

Edit: I am NOT referring to the quoted poster.

MSH
12-24-2012, 08:33 PM

I concur. Have got my BD10 at lvl 163. Was having all hydra army by then with lvl 9 Kennel, lots of decent equipment, supported by strong iPH. The whole ordeal was tough ( lost around 200 k at the very end ), but fun. Having a really small vault in comparison to costs of many expansions makes it a challenge to play, IMHO.

In any case, don't think that it worth arguing about styles. for me camping is a bit boring, but probably more efficient in the long run, particularly, when the density is concerned. Still - for every one - one's own. Happy holidays, everyone!

aephlux
12-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Hmm does anyone know how much exp one would gain for completing this quest? a rough estimation maybe? the dragon looks nice. Im contemplating to go for it. I wouldnt if it would level me up too much though.

Shinazueli
12-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Hmm does anyone know how much exp one would gain for completing this quest? a rough estimation maybe? the dragon looks nice. Im contemplating to go for it. I wouldnt if it would level me up too much though.

The lower you are the more you'll gain. In the 50's, I'm planning on about 2 levels.

SoccerStud
12-24-2012, 09:25 PM
I don't understand the point in your request. In this event, the high level players have an advantage. If you are at a high level, you'll have more skill points to put into hero strength . This would let you kill more monsters per energy bar then the low level players.

aephlux
12-24-2012, 09:26 PM
The lower you are the more you'll gain. In the 50's, I'm planning on about 2 levels.

Im at L45 with only 35 HS. Im thinking it would take me up 2-3 levels, if not more. Oh well, maybe not then.

Shinazueli
12-24-2012, 10:31 PM
I don't understand the point in your request. In this event, the high level players have an advantage. If you are at a high level, you'll have more skill points to put into monster mastery. This would let you kill more monsters per energy bar then the low level players.

It's called hero strength in KA, just to clear up any confusion.

They also have more energy to begin with. For instance, one player quoted an energy bar of 1500 ish and it took him the whole bar to finish the first two quests. For us campers, I've spent three entire bars [somewhere in he vicinity of 550 energy per] and I'm not even halfway through the second quest. I've gained half a level, for reference.

For my own curiousity, is there an end boss after the four quests or is it just the drops?

DIrishB
12-24-2012, 10:32 PM

Probably so everyone (or at least the vast majority of players) can participate, campers or not. Some low level players aren't campers, perhaps they only recently started playing or don't play that often and therefore don't level up much. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to participate in the event. They'll have a much more difficult time compared to those of us over lvl 100 with high HS, but if they locked out the lower level players by placing the LTQ objectives on later maps, many wouldn't have reached the level to unlock those maps, like what happened before (I think it was the first LTQ where anyone below lvl 62 got screwed... and no warning whatsoever before they got to the final portions of the quest and couldn't enter that particular map). It's one thing to design a LTQ aimed at higher level players (which they should do as a reward for those who don't camp), it's another to dupe people into basically wasting Energy and their time (should they be lower level) without warning ahead of time--or at least having a list of quest requirements and the maps they take place on--before they actually reach that point.

I too would like to see some higher level maps utilized in LTQ mainly since all the maps utilized so far in them I've already fully mastered. It'd be nice to be able to double up on completing the LTQ objectives and inching towards lvl 5 mastery at the same time, however I understand why they don't. As said, it'd negate lower level players from participating, which would cut into their profits in regards to those who spend money on gems, whatever their level.

Finally, you should watch your tone. It is against forum rules to attack other posters with profanity-laced rants. Just sayin'...

Shinazueli
12-24-2012, 10:34 PM
Probably so everyone (or at least the vast majority of players) can participate, campers or not. Some low level players aren't campers, perhaps they only recently started playing or don't play that often and therefore don't level up much. That doesn't mean they shouldn't be allowed to participate in the event. They'll have a much more difficult time compared to those of us over lvl 100 with high HS, but if they locked out the lower level players by placing the LTQ objectives on later maps, many wouldn't have reached the level to unlock those maps, like what happened before (I think it was the first LTQ where anyone below lvl 62 got screwed... and no warning whatsoever before they got to the final portions of the quest and couldn't enter that particular map). It's one thing to design a LTQ aimed at higher level players (which they should do as a reward for those who don't camp), it's another to dupe people into basically wasting Energy and their time (should they be lower level) without warning ahead of time--or at least having a list of quest requirements and the maps they take place on--before they actually reach that point.

Thank you for being reasonable.

Guido69
12-24-2012, 10:41 PM
I never really understood the reason behind camping. I could understand if you just want to pick up some high stats units from the boss events because of the looks or uniqueness of the unit. However, if your reason is to obtain high stats units early be more "competitive" once you reach high levels (or level 200), then you are completely naive. These few high stat boss event units won't help anybody compared to the units the high gem spenders have at the highest levels.

Even with those units from the boss events you will still be fodder to the high rollers.

DIrishB
12-24-2012, 10:44 PM
Thank you for being reasonable.

No problem. Personally I'm too impatient to camp, but understand the logic behind it. What I can't understand is the attitude of elitism and animosity some people aim at campers. If you're measuring your self worth in some way based on how "strong" you are in this game, whether due to Army A/D or level you're at, there's something quite sad about your life. It's a Facebook/iOS game, for Christ's sake.

DIrishB
12-24-2012, 10:47 PM
I never really understood the reason behind camping. I could understand if you just want to pick up some high stats units from the boss events because of the looks or uniqueness of the unit. However, if your reason is to obtain high stats units early be more "competitive" once you reach high levels (or level 200), then you are completely naive. These few high stat boss event units won't help anybody compared to the units the high gem spenders have at the highest levels.

Even with those units from the boss events you will still be fodder to the high rollers.

I think most campers are questing after Dragons. Though even a full Dragon army with best weapons/armor would still pale next to big gem spenders' massive amounts of Event and gem units.

Shinazueli
12-24-2012, 10:50 PM
You misunderstand. The point of camping, at least for me, is not to gain some measly 10k worth of units that (you correctly stated) will not make a difference at endgame. It's to finish all of my overvault upgrades while I still can. If after my manors are level 10, the high levels are still full of sharks that make it impossible to compete, I am content with being utterly invincible at the level I am at.

Basically, you are assuming that we are ever intending on joining the shark pool. We (or at least, I) are never going to level to a place where we cannot hope to compete with people with more money than sense. No boss or LTQ reward is worth that pain.

If they come to their senses and realize that half the player base isn't retarded and doesn't plan on trying to compete with people with units twice as strong as anything we could ever hope to obtain, they could rebalance the gem units to not be completely overwhelming and actually make the higher levels competitive. They would probably need to revamp their business model to do this, but I am content waiting. This is, after all, an iPhone game that I use to kill time.

Guido69
12-24-2012, 11:09 PM
You misunderstand. The point of camping, at least for me, is not to gain some measly 10k worth of units that (you correctly stated) will not make a difference at endgame. It's to finish all of my overvault upgrades while I still can. If after my manors are level 10, the high levels are still full of sharks that make it impossible to compete, I am content with being utterly invincible at the level I am at.

Basically, you are assuming that we are ever intending on joining the shark pool. We (or at least, I) are never going to level to a place where we cannot hope to compete with people with more money than sense. No boss or LTQ reward is worth that pain.

If they come to their senses and realize that half the player base isn't retarded and doesn't plan on trying to compete with people with units twice as strong as anything we could ever hope to obtain, they could rebalance the gem units to not be completely overwhelming and actually make the higher levels competitive. They would probably need to revamp their business model to do this, but I am content waiting. This is, after all, an iPhone game that I use to kill time.

I understand your point of upgrading certain buildings to high levels. Having great stats at lower levels of course help. But you really don't need to camp to upgrade your buildings. I never camped, I am at level 132, and my manors are at level 5 going for 6. No reason for me to camp.

I don't understand your reasoning about "never going to a level where you cannot compete". You will eventually reach that level, very slowly as a camper, but nevertheless you will get there. You cannot stand still. So why not enjoy the ride, play the events, level up, attack players with enormous amounts of unprotected gold. I had my manor at level 4 and it took me a few hours only to get the 1.9 million for the level 5 upgrade. At these high levels I easily found players with 800k in gold and a defense with less than half of my attack.

King Gabriel388
12-24-2012, 11:10 PM

They also have more energy to begin with. For instance, one player quoted an energy bar of 1500 ish and it took him the whole bar to finish the first two quests. For us campers, I've spent three entire bars [somewhere in he vicinity of 550 energy per] and I'm not even halfway through the second quest. I've gained half a level, for reference.

For my own curiousity, is there an end boss after the four quests or is it just the drops?

I think you have to face the Frost Miser. It does say something about summoning the Frost Miser by collecting all the various ice weapons.

Shinazueli
12-25-2012, 01:03 AM
I understand your point of upgrading certain buildings to high levels. Having great stats at lower levels of course help. But you really don't need to camp to upgrade your buildings. I never camped, I am at level 132, and my manors are at level 5 going for 6. No reason for me to camp.

I don't understand your reasoning about "never going to a level where you cannot compete". You will eventually reach that level, very slowly as a camper, but nevertheless you will get there. You cannot stand still. So why not enjoy the ride, play the events, level up, attack players with enormous amounts of unprotected gold. I had my manor at level 4 and it took me a few hours only to get the 1.9 million for the level 5 upgrade. At these high levels I easily found players with 800k in gold and a defense with less than half of my attack.

You don't actually have to level. The only uncontrolled xp gain comes from winning defensive attacks, and unless you are already extremely close to levelling, this will not do it. You end up needing thousands of successful defenses in order to level once. I gain something like 3 xp a day on average when I'm camping. A good analogy is saying the snail will eventually finish the Boston marathon. It will take me far longer to level than to upgrade every building in the game. I'm planning on stopping around level 95 or so, and just waiting for an update to fix the broken higher levels.

Also, just to clarify something. I have previously experienced the higher levels. I made it to 152 or so, and saw what I was up against. I call those levels "broken" for a reason. I would eventually like to have my buildings all upgraded, as that is what I enjoy about this game, base building. A level 10 manor costs 22.5 million gold with LM discount. Outside of extremely hard core camping or spending thousands of dollars, that will never happen at higher levels where you are competing with people with 400k+ stats who are constantly looking for you. BD10 is nothing compared to that run, even with perfect collections and good raiding it would take you weeks of sitting overvault to get that high, and they'd never let you do it.

Also, allow me to explain my attitude towards the developer. They have set up a system of haves and have nots. If you "have", then you get units at LEAST twice as good as what a free player can earn after six months to a year of working towards. That have not will never ever be able to compete with the "haves". Ever. No matter how much camping or upgrading he does.

The system is set up like a slaughter house, with unsuspecting cattle slowly being driven (aka levelling) towards the assembly line where there's a guy with a nail gun. That nail gun (gem players) is invincible. This little cow is stopping in his tracks and is refusing to budge.

They didn't have to make the gem units so strong. Even 20% better would have conferred a significant advantage in terms of stats, especially when you consider that those players aren't required to play for half a year in order to obtain them. If they rebalanced (read:nerf) the gem units to where there's at least an outside chance of competing after a year or more of playing, I'd consider levelling. Until then, I will wait, and upgrade. Maybe I'll get bored before then. Who knows.

Shinazueli
12-25-2012, 01:04 AM
I think you have to face the Frost Miser. It does say something about summoning the Frost Miser by collecting all the various ice weapons.

I saw that and was wondering if anybody had info on him.

VileDoom
12-25-2012, 02:05 AM

I agree 100% with you. I am in no hurry to get to a place where I won't be able to have fun. I'm currently level 45 working my manors and other big money buildings up relatively safely.

Ratma2001
12-25-2012, 02:12 AM
It's a 4 part quest for certain ice golems and frost giants you have to go though the levels 15-20-25-35 collect the daggers and such each completed part gives you part of the item , when you have all 4 completed it will SUMMON ( get ) the Frost Miser in your units . Job Done, back to semi camping to earn more coin!

SevenO9
12-25-2012, 02:21 AM
First of all, to each his own. While I never ever understood the reasoning behind camping I am happy for you to do so.

I had the most fun in every Gree game after reaching the shark tank. Sitting low level, increasing stats and no fight worth being called a fight is just not my thing.

However, the point I don't get is why campers - after making the conscious and 100% voluntary decission to camp - come to the forums and complain about all kind of game mechanics and events which either 'force' them to participate and therefore gain xp or not participate and being at a disadvantage.

Every single decission in this game is 100% your choice as playing the game itself is. If you do not like the rules set by Gree to a point were you feel at a disadvantage, why continue playing? Obviously the overall deal ain't that bad?

Justy two cents. Merry christmas and stuff ...

Shinazueli
12-25-2012, 10:10 AM
It's a 4 part quest for certain ice golems and frost giants you have to go though the levels 15-20-25-35 collect the daggers and such each completed part gives you part of the item , when you have all 4 completed it will SUMMON ( get ) the Frost Miser in your units . Job Done, back to semi camping to earn more coin!

Thanks for this.

Shinazueli
12-25-2012, 10:14 AM
First of all, to each his own. While I never ever understood the reasoning behind camping I am happy for you to do so.

I had the most fun in every Gree game after reaching the shark tank. Sitting low level, increasing stats and no fight worth being called a fight is just not my thing.

However, the point I don't get is why campers - after making the conscious and 100% voluntary decission to camp - come to the forums and complain about all kind of game mechanics and events which either 'force' them to participate and therefore gain xp or not participate and being at a disadvantage.

Every single decission in this game is 100% your choice as playing the game itself is. If you do not like the rules set by Gree to a point were you feel at a disadvantage, why continue playing? Obviously the overall deal ain't that bad?

Justy two cents. Merry christmas and stuff ...

Oh I agree with you on whining about xp gain, it's the cost for good units. Again, I see a problem with the system, and I feel the need to point it out; in the hopes that the developer will update the game to where it's closer to being playable at high levels.

I mean; if you look at any other game, all of the rewards are at the highest levels. You must be maximum level in a lot of games to even participate, and any rewards you gain prior to that point are quickly rendered obsolete. This provides strong incentives to level, and level quickly, at that.

Contrast this with this game, where the best money building is available at level 40, and the best unit building is available at level 50. It's just bad design.

I understand that you like the shark pool, and others may, too. But I was saying there are at least as many players that do not feel the need to ever play on an uneven field.

SoccerStud
12-25-2012, 12:16 PM
Haha, my bad. I play monster quest more then kingdom age now so that is what popped into my mind.

ezinap
12-25-2012, 01:15 PM
I mean; if you look at any other game, all of the rewards are at the highest levels. You must be maximum level in a lot of games to even participate, and any rewards you gain prior to that point are quickly rendered obsolete. This provides strong incentives to level, and level quickly, at that.

Contrast this with this game, where the best money building is available at level 40, and the best unit building is available at level 50. It's just bad design.

I had the same thoughts. But you have to admit it might be other design. Let's say if it was intended that the best strategy implied you never level up....you could be playing this game forever!
Of course the game is (/should be) designed to extract as much dollars from the player base as possible. So they feed us a bit of fun now and then, but not too much. Because that is where other games fail: you finish the highest level, and you are done; next game please.

VileDoom
12-25-2012, 05:49 PM
Can someone post a pic or list the stats of the items you get from this quest.

Shinazueli
12-25-2012, 06:09 PM
I had the same thoughts. But you have to admit it might be other design. Let's say if it was intended that the best strategy implied you never level up....you could be playing this game forever!
Of course the game is (/should be) designed to extract as much dollars from the player base as possible. So they feed us a bit of fun now and then, but not too much. Because that is where other games fail: you finish the highest level, and you are done; next game please.

Not really. You've never played an mmo, sounds like. In most other social games, the content gets released at a pace which is almost impossible to finish. Almost. It's just laziness and corporate greed; which I find ironic because I believe they could "extract" more money if they had a level playing field. You'd have to spend more to gain the same advantage, after all.

King Gabriel388
12-25-2012, 06:27 PM
Can someone post a pic or list the stats of the items you get from this quest.

Frostbane Orb Weapon a12 d18
Frostbane Spellbook Weapon a17 d15
Frostbane Wand Weapon a19 d15

Deskjockey
12-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Yeah, the weapons gained pretty much suck--you can get far better ones by farming at mid-level maps or even by buying them outright in the store with gold (no need for gems). The only appeal is the end unit. I'm already deep into the third quest and have leveled up three times because of this even and the bosses. In for a penny, in for a pound. I'll go back to semi-camping and building up my dragon army after these are over. Too bad I won't get the keeper of the herd even after beating 30 bosses.

Frostbane Orb Weapon a12 d18
Frostbane Spellbook Weapon a17 d15
Frostbane Wand Weapon a19 d15

Dhusagar
12-25-2012, 11:05 PM
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y446/dhusagar/7364215165b75c96bff55b3760811424_zps3dc655f6.jpg

DIrishB
12-26-2012, 12:56 AM
Nice, Dhusagar! I'm on final part of quest now (collect 35). The drop rate is kind of low, 20-25%, so figure I'll have to kill about 150+ to finish. Should be able to complete it in the next couple days before time runs out.

Dhusagar
12-26-2012, 01:04 AM
Nice, Dhusagar! I'm on final part of quest now (collect 35). The drop rate is kind of low, 20-25%, so figure I'll have to kill about 150+ to finish. Should be able to complete it in the next couple days before time runs out.

Thanks

I think my drop rate was closer to 40%, but it dropped very unevenly - I had 5 straight drops, followed by 7 misses.

Ratma2001
12-26-2012, 01:09 AM
Thanks

I think my drop rate was closer to 40%, but it dropped very unevenly - I had 5 straight drops, followed by 7 misses.

I started doing the same way but You slay smaller units very 4-6 attacks I opted for the imp as they were only 15 energy but that made the frost giant drop more like 70-85% as the drop rate usually is about 5-6 then nothing for 3-4 hits , but then agin it could be random but worked for me plus I could finish the tournament round as well with total kills

Metajetta
12-26-2012, 06:11 AM

Botheration. It looks a beaut - just about within reach. Dragon's very pretty and would add a lot at my level. Sigh. That's way too much farming for me, too - it's how I got stuck in my current DO NOTHING mode, one of these LTEs.

<whistles, hands in pockets> There will be other events.

But the prize will be some giant demonic blood sucking plant or <shudder> SuperMegaleech. I have leech issues.

Metajetta
12-26-2012, 06:48 AM

Heh. There's patterns to getting these things to spawn. Not PRECISELY sure yet what it is. But when I can move again I am considering recording the spawn patterns on levels that have seemingly inconsistent spawn/drops. I was on the edge of an epiphany when I had to stop.

You see, I'm a silly rogue. I like it easy when it does not HAVE to be hard (I know there will be challenges later and I'm looking forward to those).

I'm a raider and thief, and don't go looking for the guts and glory. I roll my eyes at the "storyline." Really? I killed off those Slime Worms and oh noes! They have a set of super powerful guardians/friends/spawn/drinking buddies? Ya didn't see THAT coming?

I would have fired every advisor fifty quests ago IRL. As it is, my "normal" gameplay is to do one or two storyline quests a day (out of prob 10 daily visits, uh huh). I do the event if I like it, and the rest is looting maps and honing my raiding skills. The latter to learn, cautiously, about how attack versus defense works in practice. Also looking for fun serendipitous allies.

I think in terms of resources, not power. I run if the going gets tough, because my assumption is that my resources are insufficient. Why do you think the game gives rogues, leather armor and <oo!shiny> knives, and not Sky Guardian Death Plate and Dragon Forged Swords (I made that up)?

In practical terms that means yes, I'm going to camp here a bitsies, at level 47 and ambush those hotheads charging by at 6k A/D. Yes, thank you, I needed to do an expensive expansion today. Well, right now I am doing nothing at all, but that's the general idea.

These LTEs are brilliant, in my thinking. Yes, they do work to move people like me into action and think seriously about Buying Real Things to finish in time. Not me - fool me once etc.

A good game accommodates lots of gameplay styles. There should be no "canon" game path in this type of game. In my opinion, anyway.

[/wannabe*opinion]

travelingsalesman
12-26-2012, 09:08 AM
I too have had some inconsistent results from the last part of the quest (4/4). This morning I hit the Frost Golem 8 times in a row with no drops, decided to rest and wait for a better dice to be available from the game. I came back later and got 2/4... I'll get the unit before the end, but it is a PITA, I would rather fight a super tough guy with 4000 HP that drops it every time than have to deal with the low drop rate.

Winstrol
12-26-2012, 09:19 AM
If you were part of the royal knights you wouldnt have this problem, we know how to cheat....but unfortunately we can't get girlfriends :(
haha you are funny xD

Dhusagar
12-26-2012, 10:52 AM
If you were part of the royal knights you wouldnt have this problem, we know how to cheat....but unfortunately we can't get girlfriends :(

I will take the wife over a cheat any day.....
...... Unless it is a REALLY GOOD cheat :-)

SoccerStud
12-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Well that was easy. I completed it with no gems spent. Go free players!

http://i1264.photobucket.com/albums/jj499/enahs1237/b19787fe904cdc189cf0c48c08389747.jpg

asdfg12345
12-26-2012, 02:06 PM
this event was quite easy. I finished it with 2 days left

Baraka
12-26-2012, 03:52 PM
this event was quite easy. I finished it with 2 days left same here, these events are really good seen as though bosses are a no go after level 100. That should be fixed. They did it in MW a while ago.

Deskjockey
12-26-2012, 03:55 PM
I got my dragon, too, but at the cost of fairly massive leveling. I went from level 53 to level 60 due to this LTE and the boss event. Not sure the unit was worth that much XP, especially given the lame weapon and armor prizes. Back to camping now until the next boss event.

DIrishB
12-26-2012, 04:58 PM
I'm at 19/35 on the final part of the quest. Should be able to finish it by tomorrow at the latest. Looking forward to adding that unit to my army.

jonny0284
12-26-2012, 06:41 PM
I'm at 32/35 on the fourth mission. Whew, I too, leveled up nearly a full level doing this LTQ. :-/

King Gabriel388
12-27-2012, 02:27 AM

There is no boss in this quest. After 4th mission, you get the dragon.

travelingsalesman
12-27-2012, 06:54 AM
I went from barely into level 100 to 2/3 through level 101 for this event, good prize at the end, finished this AM with no gems spent. And I can confirm, no boss at the end.

Sepi
12-27-2012, 09:10 AM
Just got mine too, and went up from 89 to 91 when doing so.

Q-Ball
12-27-2012, 11:20 AM
Got mine earlier this morning.. went from 75-77. OUCH! now in the 76-100 bracket for Boss Events. AND i'm still missing Donner with 37 minutes to go.

DIrishB
12-27-2012, 04:38 PM
Just got mine. Liked this quest as the unit is great and it's possible to do without having to spend a bunch on gems.

Lara Croft TR
12-27-2012, 07:26 PM
http://i1247.photobucket.com/albums/gg622/Swyn1221/E841EF2F-9754-4E2C-B983-6753CCA8F087-32028-00001725D2D94FDA_zpsf9c90553.jpg

Everson25
12-28-2012, 01:06 AM
Well, I got mine almost 24 hours ago. I thought it was a quite easy one but my stats is not so bad for my level. 227 309 006

YLL
12-28-2012, 01:45 AM
Well, I got mine almost 24 hours ago. I thought it was a quite easy one but my stats is not so bad for my level. 227 309 006

Only 28/35 for me. I keep getting runs of up to half a dozen no-drops (all four levels).

Everson, I want to lodge a formal protest about how your event luck is always so much better than mine (especially at those leaderboard auctions). Lady Luck should be prosecuted for favouritism. Come on, let's exchange - you have my luck next time, I'll take yours. Sound fair? ;)

Everson25
12-28-2012, 02:18 AM
Only 28/35 for me. I keep getting runs of up to half a dozen no-drops (all four levels).

Everson, I want to lodge a formal protest about how your event luck is always so much better than mine (especially at those leaderboard auctions). Lady Luck should be prosecuted for favouritism. Come on, let's exchange - you have my luck next time, I'll take yours. Sound fair? ;)To be honest YL, my luck hasn't been that good here lately. You should see me on MQ. I'm almost 20 bosses with free option. I might get to 25 with medium option. Not bad for a free player.