PDA

View Full Version : On CCHD and can't select your buildings? Read this.

CJ54
12-23-2012, 11:34 PM
Hey all,

We were made aware of an issue where CCHD players are unable to select the buildings in their hood if decorations are nearby. We'll be working on a fix for this as soon as possible, but in the meantime you can download the regular CCiOS app to get around the issue. You won't lose any game progress or anything (it is just two different versions of the same way to connect with the servers).

I know that this is less than ideal, and again we'll be working on this one as soon as possible.

The Billionaire
12-23-2012, 11:41 PM
Thanks CJ. Merry Christmas!

TZora
12-24-2012, 07:49 AM
very nice of you mentioning that, i see many people crying about that specific problem.

DenZ1
12-24-2012, 08:24 AM
Finally some useful help on these forums.. I wish CJ was a moderator from day 1 :)

iteachem
12-24-2012, 08:44 AM
I have this happen with my Haunted mansion.... I thought I just had too much crap on my iPad screen lmao. Kept selecting the trees near it

Jtstar7439
12-24-2012, 06:58 PM
Maybe when you guys work n this problem you can work on the no decorations in the HD version as well??

Joeycool
12-24-2012, 07:08 PM
CJ for president!

The loser
12-24-2012, 11:30 PM
I thought something was screwy. It's been happening to me too.

LongFingers
12-25-2012, 04:13 AM
Thanks CJ. Merry Xmas!!

CodeX777
12-25-2012, 07:29 AM
Thanks CJ. Merry Christmas and happy holidays :D

OneHoop
01-19-2013, 09:31 PM
I do not see multiple versions of Crime City in Apple's app store, so I don't know the difference between CCHD and CCiOS, but it is not working on either my Retina display iPhone 5 or on my iPod Touch (non-retina, version3--although it's sometimes referred to as version 2 since there was little difference). According to the App store there has not been an update since November 6th, 2012.

iPhone5 reads: v2.6 Build:260 Data:20130117_2
iPod Touch reads: v2.6 Build:260 Data:20130117_2

I submitted a helpdesk ticket on December 23rd, 2012, ticket#304755, as follows:

Pine trees are broken and activate to the right for 5 or 7 squares past their physical boundary. This makes it very difficult to activate anything even close to being behind them and makes hiding bldg levels incredibly impractical.

Beyond fixing this issue, as a suggestion to improve gameplay, it would be nice if we could lock the decoration layer so that we don't have to move them to activate buildings.

Thanks, Matt

-=-=
On January 7th, Rick answered:
I apologize for the inconvenience and delay in reply. Please let me know if you are still experiencing this issue. If the issue has since been resolved, please feel free to disregard this email.
0-0-0-

I immediately replied that it was still an issue. It's funny, I don't know how universal this is, but tech support at my work also has the policy of ignoring an issue and then replying "is this still an issue?" before any attempt at resolving it. Anyway, it's been almost 2 weeks since that "follow up" and it is still an issue. They ask us not to start another ticket, but this is ridiculous!!! I had figured that they have been so bereft with cheater reports since around Thanksgiving that there was not time to do anything else, but we've had several events since then so it's clearly just not a priority.

I initiated the ticket from my ipod Touch, which is not "HD", so that is not the issue or the resolution.

M@

cooch
01-19-2013, 11:30 PM
You're right it's not been fixed and have no idea what CJ is talking about HD vs non HD versions. I have non HD version and it doesn't work. I imagine with all the other issues plus the nightmare in MW (reading msgs) this is a low priority fix project for them. It's just a nuisance for us, for now, so most of us are dealing with it. However a commitment was made so let's see.

Coldjoey
01-20-2013, 12:14 PM
No joy for me either I've sold hundreds of decorations, completely ripped up my art work and still can not upgrade or move some of my buildings

dudeman
01-20-2013, 12:32 PM
Note to all:

I know it sucks and you shouldn't have to do this, but just delete ALL of your decorations and then submit a ticket explaining the issue. Tell them that because their game is broken (to put it politely) you have had to sell your decorations at a loss to have it function correctly. If you're lucky you'll get some cash placed in your bank for the inconvenience. It may or may not be somehow related to how many decorations were sold, or scaled to IPH the way cash is in the store. I don't know. I only know what I got, and it was more than enough to cover the (full) cost of sold decorations.

Gree seems to be having major issues with their MW faction WD tournament in addition to the existing problems, so you may have to be patient waiting for a reply.

Coldjoey
01-20-2013, 01:23 PM
Thanks, it's taken me eight days to get a name change, I've tickets that are outstanding from last year, I've a Ten box Santa sleigh that doesn't work. I've pretty much lost all confidence in GREE, but I enjoy other aspect of the game, so it's put up and shut up for me. I know your on about 5 million p/h, I'm 2 mill p/h so they would have to give me a very lot of cash, for me to say "wow that was worth it"

cooch
01-20-2013, 04:18 PM
Thanks, it's taken me eight days to get a name change, I've tickets that are outstanding from last year, I've a Ten box Santa sleigh that doesn't work. I've pretty much lost all confidence in GREE, but I enjoy other aspect of the game, so it's put up and shut up for me. I know your on about 5 million p/h, I'm 2 mill p/h so they would have to give me a very lot of cash, for me to say "wow that was worth it"

I thought you guys were playing MW...you having same problems as all those guys are... or is being near top of heap (I assume) bowling over issues?

OneHoop
01-29-2013, 07:07 AM
Pine Trees are fixed. I'd gotten so used to moving them out of the way or avoiding them that I just noticed it, but I'm on
Version 2.6 Build:260 Data:20130124_3

So, that would indicate that it's been fixed for 4 or 5 days now.

M@

mxz
01-29-2013, 11:36 AM
Still bugged for me, both HD and regular on iPad3 and iPhone 4S.

MathieuG89
01-30-2013, 06:26 AM
Please fix the park bench they're not aligned properly and you can't select anything else in a 10 mile radius around them! I'm on android by the way.