PDA

View Full Version : Regarding Faction-related bugs, update

CJ54
12-23-2012, 10:10 PM
UPDATE 1/3/12:

Hey all,

So we've come up with a prospective fix for the invisible members glitch, where one or more players are showing up as being in your faction but they cannot participate in the faction activities. Here's the catch: without testing the fix, we are concerned that people who aren't ghosts (i.e. normal members) might be booted along with the ghosts. We can't mock up an affected faction to test because the issue isn't something we can replicate in a controlled environment.

To that end, I'm asking if we have a handful volunteer factions who are affected and would be willing to try out the fix for us (we need about 5-10). The way it would work is that a faction leader would provide me with their faction name, their own invite code, and who the un-removable players are. I would take a snapshot of the current faction members and donations just in case it booted anyone it wasn't supposed to.

Every member of the volunteer guild would get 200 gold just for giving us a hand. Anything goes wrong, we re-add the legit members and make sure that all donations are covered.

Normally we wouldn't ask for this, but this is an important issue that we are unable to replicate reliably.

One other thing that would of extreme help to us: we need the names/invite codes of some of the people showing up in multiple factions, as well as the names/invite codes of those factions. I've had plenty of reports of this from both affected players and guilds, but very few of them list all the faction names, and that's what we need to address that one.

Dry
12-23-2012, 10:12 PM
You said "butt"

Dry
12-23-2012, 10:13 PM
Why can't you test the faction before you make it in game ?

ohgreatitsryan
12-23-2012, 10:14 PM
As much as we can complain about a lot of things, getting a heads up on a Sunday night, before a major holiday no less, is pretty great. I appreciate the effort to keep us informed.

HGF69
12-23-2012, 10:25 PM
I appreciate the reply CJ

Jhenry02
12-23-2012, 10:35 PM
Strong work CJ, strong work!

CJ54
12-23-2012, 10:50 PM
We knew that there were going to be some unforeseen issues. The size of this update, combined with the upcoming World Domination mechanic itself, has more moving parts and content (art, mechanics, etc.) than the entire game did at initial launch. If you stop and think about that for a second, and then think about how the roll-out has been overall, it's pretty amazing. That said, we're going to work to get the remaining ones taken care of. A lot of people worked really hard on this one, for a long time, to bring you guys something totally awesome, and we're not going to let some bugs get in the way of that if we can help it.

You said "butt"

"Butts", actually. We had them once, but they are now gone.

dads
12-24-2012, 12:08 AM
cj you sound like your trying so hard to fix this,hope you get time off this holiday to acctauly enjoy it.
Thanks for the info much appricated.

HGF69
12-24-2012, 12:21 AM
Just to add I think we'd all rather the bugs were fixed before Brazil so if that means delays, I for one would be happy with that so long as we're kept in the loop.

Warfiend
12-24-2012, 01:39 AM
A lot of people worked really hard on this one, for a long time, to bring you guys something totally awesome, and we're not going to let some bugs get in the way of that if we can help it.

It shows. Factions have, so far, added some great new depth to the game. We'll see when Brazil starts, but so far I'm a huge fan of the changes. Despite my bear boost still being invisible. Thanks for the communication on this. Merry Christmas and/or happy holidays.

Mksound
12-24-2012, 01:56 AM
Cj

Can't creat faction.
In faction one day. Another day not.
Try to create faction says faction already exists. That's cus I created one but there's no way to find it.
Faction list doesn't show all. Sort by number and name has tons not showing.

Mad
12-24-2012, 06:50 AM
We have an Adroid user in the faction I am with and of course we can't get rid of him. I am thinking we should give these guys a warning, leave on your own accord or we will create a list on this forum of players who did this.

The issue will get fixed and once its fixed, these players would be listed and factions would then know who they are and can choose to not add them going forward.

We list their ingame name and level, if they refuse to leave on their own volition.

Just a thought.

andy_xyz2004
12-24-2012, 07:05 AM
We have an Adroid user in the faction I am with and of course we can't get rid of him. I am thinking we should give these guys a warning, leave on your own accord or we will create a list on this forum of players who did this.

The issue will get fixed and once its fixed, these players would be listed and factions would then know who they are and can choose to not add them going forward.

We list their ingame name and level, if they refuse to leave on their own volition.

Just a thought.

Sorry, but this is not android player fault
This is if im looking from my android
http://i1304.photobucket.com/albums/s521/andy_xyz2004/B7F0CF02-9947-4DE0-8FB5-DFD3F7EAB92D-5519-0000049BCC5F4E68_zpsd3026a07.jpg

Mad
12-24-2012, 07:09 AM
Sorry, but this is not android player fault
This is if im looking from my android

So are you saying you can't voluntarily leave a faction? If asked to do so?

andy_xyz2004
12-24-2012, 07:11 AM
So are you saying you can't voluntarily leave a faction? If asked to do so?

Yes, i cant leave a faction right now,
How can i leave a faction if the option only : Create, Faction List, and Faction Invites ?

Kevin Harvey
12-24-2012, 07:52 AM
Hey all,

I know some of you are experiencing some faction-related glitches, and I wanted to let you all know that e hear you and have been working our butts off to get those fixed. Here's where we are at on the big ones that are still extant:

-Factions with more people than they should have: Fix is being worked on, we have to do this carefully so as not to screw up existing factions in some way. That's why it is taking longer.

-Android players are invisible in iOS: Send in a ticket to support if you haven't already so that we can pass your player ID to the engineers. We're working on getting that issue cleared up for people. If you have sent in a ticket already, please don't send in another one on the same issue.

-Android players can't be kicked/ can't create a new faction after they leave an iOS faction: This issue was hiding behind the one above, so after that one got fixed this one reared up as a separate issue. Last I have is that we were investigating it; honest answer is that we probably won't have word back on this one until after the holiday. I'm receiving reports via forum but not via ticket that some iOS players are experiencing something similar, that we have not checked into yet.

I might well be missing one or two (there are some overlapping issues here), but those are the primary reports we're receiving via ticket. Let me know if you have questions on the other ones.

Glad to know you are working hard on it! Merry Christmas! Keep us up to date.

Kara T
12-24-2012, 08:08 AM
Happy Holidays, and thanks for adding some new excitement to the game! All the best.....

Shinazueli
12-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Yes, i cant leave a faction right now,
How can i leave a faction if the option only : Create, Faction List, and Faction Invites ?

I play on ios. I am currently in a faction, according to the faction leader. I am not receiving any bonuses from being in the faction. I cannot access any faction menus. I can't look at any faction members. I cannot join/leave/create a faction. None of it works at all from my end. I've tried to uninstall and reinstall. Close app. Shut down device. Rain dance and pray to gods. We are as helpless as you are in this.

nic4msu
12-24-2012, 09:43 AM
CJ, thank you so much for staying on top of this AND keeping us informed - especially when it would be so easy to put off an update until you have more answers or at least until after the holiday. Just knowing that these concerns have been heard and are actively being adressed makes me feel very positive about the direction things are going.

Thank you for making the forum such an informative and worthwhile experience. I hope you have a great holiday.

Mad
12-24-2012, 10:33 AM
When we get requests to join the faction, we can't view their stats. It seems to suggest we should be able to view the stats by clicking on the player's name allowing us to view their stats before deciding to add them.

The only way we can view the player's stats is by adding him or her to the faction.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

nic4msu
12-24-2012, 11:47 AM
When we get requests to join the faction, we can't view their stats. It seems to suggest we should be able to view the stats by clicking on the player's name allowing us to view their stats before deciding to add them.

The only way we can view the player's stats is by adding him or her to the faction.

Yes. It's been frustrating us as well. This time around we're ignoring the requests, sadly, for that very reason. We are instead engaging in targeted recruitment via posts to our ally and rivals lists. We actually found several excellent members through the hit & miss acceptance method, but it's too late in the game to rely on it blindly -- especially now that we have the threat of android player glitches to contend with.

Ericinico
12-24-2012, 01:31 PM
MerryChristmas!

Dry
12-24-2012, 08:23 PM
Dear admin . Ty for replaying to my pm ..
And Ty for the daylight chaser , I can't Ty enuff for it . But please take it back ,,
I don't want it cos evrytime I open my game i see the popup that I just received it .
It's the 50 th time already , so please take it back . And Ty again for the replay to my pm
:)

Opinvu
12-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Dear admin . Ty for replaying to my pm ..
And Ty for the daylight chaser , I can't Ty enuff for it . But please take it back ,,
I don't want it cos evrytime I open my game i see the popup that I just received it .
It's the 50 th time already , so please take it back . And Ty again for the replay to my pm
:)
Dude, 12 people I know died because of that glitch! You should get 2 in memory of the fallen:(. (a "do once" script would take up a hold register with a flag.... pshaw.)

Mack24u
12-24-2012, 11:25 PM
Hello I can't do anything in the faction area from way I understand I am apart of an faction but can't contribute or help or do anything I have the latest update and seems as if I am the only one with this problem I sent two customer support tickets in for this and of course no answer do anybody know how to get my faction are working completely

The loser
12-24-2012, 11:52 PM

There has got to be a way for the leader to view an applicant's stats before adding him/her to the faction. It says we're supposed to be able to but nothing happens.

Big John
12-28-2012, 04:06 AM
There has got to be a way for the leader to view an applicant's stats before adding him/her to the faction. It says we're supposed to be able to but nothing happens.
That's the annoying thing as I've added bugged players who appear to be in various factions and can't get booted.

Big John
01-02-2013, 05:29 AM
Any updates

Jacko99
01-02-2013, 05:59 AM
I've had no response yet from support. I've managed to communicate with my bugged members some not on android and they can't exit or contribute. I would hope gree resolve before battle commences.

Major Silverback
01-02-2013, 06:02 AM
I've had no response yet from support. I've managed to communicate with my bugged members some not on android and they can't exit or contribute. I would hope gree resolve before battle commences.

I totally agree. I'm on an iPad, can't see the faction info screen:(. I don't like the thought of being in a war and not knowing what's happening.

CJ54
01-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Thanks for the bump. Although higgypop, you need to stop spamming the forums with the problem. We're working on it now.

Updated the first post with this:

Hey all,

So we've come up with a prospective fix for the invisible members glitch, where one or more players are showing up as being in your faction but they cannot participate in the faction activities. Here's the catch: without testing the fix, we are concerned that people who aren't ghosts (i.e. normal members) might be booted along with the ghosts. We can't mock up an affected faction to test because the issue isn't something we can replicate in a controlled environment.

To that end, I'm asking if we have a handful volunteer factions who are affected and would be willing to try out the fix for us (we need about 5-10). The way it would work is that a faction leader would provide me with their faction name, their own invite code, and who the un-removable players are. I would take a snapshot of the current faction members and donations just in case it booted anyone it wasn't supposed to.

Every member of the volunteer guild would get 200 gold just for giving us a hand. Anything goes wrong, we re-add the legit members and make sure that all donations are covered.

Normally we wouldn't ask for this, but this is an important issue that we are unable to replicate reliably.

One other thing that would of extreme help to us: we need the names/invite codes of some of the people showing up in multiple factions, as well as the names/invite codes of those factions. I've had plenty of reports of this from both affected players and guilds, but very few of them list all the faction names, and that's what we need to address that one.

Mudphud
01-03-2013, 03:44 PM
Thanks for the bump. Although higgypop, you need to stop spamming the forums with the problem. We're working on it now.

Updated the first post with this:

Hey all,

Dear CJ,

Our faction would be willing to help. I can have our leader contact you with the requested information. Let us know what the best way to send that info to you would be.

Peppers
01-03-2013, 03:50 PM
CJ, Lil' Pepper's faction has a couple of ghosts who we see as members, but they can't see us... and they want to be in our faction... and we want them.

Sign us up! I'll have our leader get you the necessary info...

Thanks!
Peppers

Ragmondino
01-03-2013, 03:53 PM
Will members be able to re join if booted and will we lose all bonuses?

HenryVIII
01-03-2013, 03:57 PM
I will like to try this out. Thanks CJ.

Olly1
01-03-2013, 04:01 PM
CJ what info do you want from our faction? (Henryvii, ragmondino and me - Henchmen's True Calling

mxz
01-03-2013, 04:06 PM
CJ, Lil' Pepper's faction has a couple of ghosts who we see as members, but they can't see us... and they want to be in our faction... and we want them.

Sign us up! I'll have our leader get you the necessary info...CJ - PM sent with faction #, affected member and his invite code. If you need any other info let me know. Thanks for the lookout and wanting to help out, Pepper. :cool:

Edit: forgot that we have another...sent you an updated PM.

vitus79
01-03-2013, 04:28 PM
same here, pm sent.

The Buckwheat Connection is willing to help on fixing this issue asap

Mastermind
01-03-2013, 04:31 PM
I believe our faction, The Bravehearts of Scotland, would be willing to volunteer to help in any way we can. We already have tickets submitted and I believe that once our leader hears about the call for help he will be willing to assist in any way he can.

Ferr
01-03-2013, 04:46 PM
UPDATE 1/3/12:

Hey all,

Send me pm ifyou wish my faction to volunteer. We have two members who cant be deleted.

Morphlingman
01-03-2013, 04:48 PM
Cj, I'm the leader of FFF (Forums Finest Fighters), I have detailed info on all members (ally invite codes, levels, etc). I have records of all bonuses, cash donations, I'm also allies with all members. So if something bad was to happen. I could always re-add the members. I have an iPad user that is a bugged member, he can not donate or post on forum. He was in the members list and on the invite list simultaneously.
Our faction is willing to help if you would like.

CJ54
01-03-2013, 04:55 PM
Hey all, I'm compiling the info I've received in PMs and the thread here. I'll see if we have enough to test and update you guys.

Sgt Z 0311
01-03-2013, 05:16 PM
Dear CJ,

Our faction would be willing to help. I can have our leader contact you with the requested information. Let us know what the best way to send that info to you would be.

Done Mud! Thanks for sharing.

DAVIS33
01-03-2013, 06:32 PM
UPDATE 1/3/12:

Hey all,

My faction wish to volunteer. We have more then 3 members who cant be deleted. I am the faction leader, if u wish send me PM

DAVIS33
01-03-2013, 06:40 PM
i am a faction leader and been gettin on my members for not donating a penny to the faction. the real small members i wasnt able to delete because of the pop up error but others wasnt so lucky. i was able to delete a few others so im looking for PPL WHO ARE DONATERS. I HAVE ALREADY DONATED OVER 20 MIL EASILY BUT CANT HOLD THIS TEAM ALL BY MYSELF. we have defenses building and guild built already

name of faction - The Best There Is
faction invite code- 531 436 231

looking for DONATERS ASAP

right now 16/22

Major Silverback
01-03-2013, 07:26 PM
Hey all, I'm compiling the info I've received in PMs and the thread here. I'll see if we have enough to test and update you guys.

CJ, just so u know I'm one of the ghost in MXZ's faction 183-001-068. When I tried to join the group I was on an iPad 1, I transferred my acct to my iPad 3 trying to solve the problem: it didn't help. So, it's not just an android problem.

Hope u can fix these problems, thx for info!

Alpha dog
01-03-2013, 07:41 PM
In case you don't have enough volunteers already our faction would participate to help out. We have 4 (minimum) ghost members that cant be removed.

Faction: Killer DNA
Invite code: 781165535

my Id if needed 143725466

Major Silverback
01-03-2013, 08:04 PM
CJ, just so u know I'm one of the ghost in MXZ's faction 183-001-068. When I tried to join the group I was on an iPad 1, I transferred my acct to my iPad 3 trying to solve the problem: it didn't help. So, it's not just an android problem.

Hope u can fix these problems, thx for info!

CJ, Also, I wonder if the fact that I can't collect items, like nukes, cases, etc. has anything to do with being a ghost in the factions. Bottom left counter goes to -1 then 0 when I collect. Sorry if this is a dumb question or off topic. Thought one bug might cause another:(. My # is 936-453-870, just in case u don't have it, and thanks for the gold:)

Ericinico
01-03-2013, 08:19 PM
Hey CJ. Please help. A player named steveg threatened to delete my account from Gree servers if I didn't donate from my LLP, but I have the ghost faction glitch! ( only on llp, hlp is fine

mxz
01-03-2013, 08:20 PM
A player named steveg threatened to delete my account from Gree serversWell, they can't do that unless they're a developer, and even then they won't actually delete accounts...so odds are you're safe.

Ericinico
01-03-2013, 08:23 PM
Well, they can't do that unless they're a developer, and even then they won't actually delete accounts...so odds are you're safe.Yeah, but if he reports me for cheating I could be banned ( even though I'm innocent )

Vile Lynn
01-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Yeah, but if he reports me for cheating I could be banned ( even though I'm innocent )
Then you won't have to worry about that either... unless you are not innocent.
----------------

Thank you, CJ, for the updates! :)
...looking forward to getting all of our members on board.

Devin
01-03-2013, 09:46 PM
Hi CJ54, our faction is willing to assist. I've sent full details by PM.

Thanks,
Devin

jvp7012
01-03-2013, 10:53 PM
I want to volunteer my faction, bravo 2 kill,invite code 394-203-328. I have 21/20 member of those 21, 5 are live players,15 are ghost,and 1 that not even showing up on my faction list. Live member are price, rae rae, kevinchi, jack, drafty. Ghost are beau Nero,immanent, tracy, boku, mw2, rc, mad max, picantoria, major Bone, sir Charles, igotcod101, rmd, poundcoin, usmc. And the one member not showing up on my list.

notafarm
01-03-2013, 11:22 PM
UPDATE 1/3/12:

Hey all,

I would like to offer our faction who has not been able to play at all.... Faction code (378499317) We only wish to be in service and play in events thank you for all you do in this matter

catanoz28
01-04-2013, 12:01 AM
My ID #: 766 066 960
Faction Name: Unity Service Navigation

Glitch- Holdinga (LVL 10) showed in my faction & I cannot remove.
Glitch- I want to remove Alex (LVL 22) & Warmonger (LVL 7) from my faction & I can't.

Error code for both scenarios is: "Server Error updating faction data"

How do I increase faction size?
How do I select a defensive captain for faction wars?

Chuck Nuts
01-04-2013, 12:01 AM
Please use my faction to test this fix. I volunteer and there will be no harm done if the faction is disbanded. I created this faction with some friends specifically to experiment with figuring out how to add members without turning them into ghosts. It has been a very unsuccessful experiment because 6 of the 8 faction members are ghosts. Feel free to experiment with the fix however you would like on this faction:

Here are the details:

Faction Name: Protect Ur Nuts
Faction Tag: PUN
Invite Code: 117911126

Leader: Shaft - 307 092 493
Members:
Squirrel - 403 703 119
Chuck Nutz - 710 437 580
junk - 162 957 999
mohawk - ?
Up Chuck - 112 738 377
Nut Chuck - ?
Shaft - 307 092 493
Bishop - 188 799 046
Duke - 322 372 909

Please send me a PM if you need me to take any actions on my end to assist with testing the fix.

THANK YOU!!!!

Jkyoung
01-04-2013, 12:48 AM
I volunteer my faction user name young #443-161-971
Faction invite code771955623

Names of members I can't remove:
Ser
Wood
Wu zhi
Sgt Andrew
Recambloc
Darkversion
BDB
Sargent orio
The boss
Bad karma

bugshunter
01-04-2013, 07:30 AM
Seems i was able to replicate the issue quite easy.
I own the faction MasterPlayers - invitation code : 632744846.
Today i've got an Android Device (I already own an ipad and iphone, both were founder and member in faction.) and tried to add it to my faction. I've accepted the request from the Ipad (Leader of faction) and on the android device i still don't appear as part of any faction. Like this, i can't kick it from the faction either (as i presume the server doesn't see it part of my faction either) - So, my though is that if you're using 2 different servers (or methods of entry) when a user joins or gets accepted to a faction - you have a problem with the one dealing with android devices, as i could easily kick the one from the iphone.
Ghost members on my faction (which i also presume are all android devices) - Jace, god, badass, Nepaank, timber, wow, sargeant orio, Andre, babak, Eagleview1, Jekster30, mike poo face, SweetPC.
Also, it would be a good idea to check which database does the android code try to access and why it doesn't see the player as a member of a faction...

EOD SGM
01-04-2013, 07:38 AM
Explosive Ordnance Dspsl (EOD) invite code 900683612

we need to delete Quint, Sears, J DoGg, and Rob, but we cant.

goldenarchie
01-04-2013, 08:14 AM
I volunteer my faction user name young #443-161-971
Faction invite code771955623

Names of members I can't remove:
Ser
Wood
Wu zhi
Sgt Andrew
Recambloc
Darkversion
BDB
Sargent orio
The boss
Bad karma

I have a sargent orio in my faction...hmmm strange, ill try to drop him and see what happens.

Vegaman
01-04-2013, 08:23 AM
Hi, we have 7 ghost members in the '40k plus attack' faction. Membership is 34/34. Invite code is 246709339.
Health Regen +9% ..Building Defence +25%... Guild member increase +14
171 x lvl 1 bricks, 20 x lvl 2,3,4 and 5 bricks, 1 x 6,7,8, and9 bricks and 3 lvl 10 bricks.
$97 million and rising cash plus 12 bricks.

The members are Medical Miracle, General Ro, Slo, Alex, sniperzombie, djoux and Ady...

We came 105th in the last PVP and the faction members have been working hard but these 7 members have seriously damaged morale and obviously income and bricks. We worked really hard to get members first then go after other bonuses. I expect this has cost us dearly as a faction.

Thanks for any help in removing these members.

HGF69
01-04-2013, 08:24 AM
CJ
Bravehearts of Scotland 580953650
Willing to participate in testing we have the following members we can't remove:

Viper
Bauer
Littletart
Gibby
bunyip007 375377655
Viper
general kain 209169421
Mw3 177971216

Thanks

goldenarchie
01-04-2013, 08:35 AM
I have a sargent orio in my faction...hmmm strange, ill try to drop him and see what happens.

I tried to drop him and i got the same error message.

Massive Golden Balls
MGB
IC: 644239387

members in question -
sargent orio
chhf
Rambo

nic4msu
01-04-2013, 09:24 AM
CJ, I'd like to suggest that once you've selected your test factions you might want to list the ghost players here so that any factions who also have them listed as members can come forward and participated -- to the extent that helps you.

Good luck, and thank you for taking a methodical and careful approach to this.

SOG Will
01-04-2013, 11:47 AM
I'm the leader of SOG Airborn. We have at least 5 ghost members and are more than willing to help. This problem is driving us crazy.

bezerkeley
01-04-2013, 12:07 PM
Hey Gree, if you're still looking for help fixing bug, our faction (Usual Suspects, 555259583, is happy to help out. I'm the faction leader (Keyser Soze 669783125) and we have two players stuck in our 34 member faction. The stuck players are 'Batiskov' (level 126) and 'Sgt Heter' (level 170).
Cheers

SuperSonic Chimp
01-04-2013, 12:51 PM
You guys are lucky! You only have 3-7 members that are ghosts! I have 20!!!!! No Bueno!!!!

Crewzer
01-04-2013, 01:09 PM
Faction Name: AIRFORCE Russia USA Born
Invite code: 883044622
Ghost - Dillan - lvl 18 - Device - Ipad 1 (I own this device)
Ghost - Brianna - lvl 15 - Device - Ipad 1 (I own this device)
Ghost - Navy Wife - Lvl 43

My Experience:
I have added/removed several freeloader accounts with no issues. (Including a IPad 2nd & 3rd Gen I own)
On Ghost Accounts
When trying to remove i get a Server Error - Updating Faction Data,
I can Promote and Demote but not Remove
On Ipad-1st gen (I own) It does not appears I am a member of any faction. It also appears I can create a faction but remains on the "Join faction" screen.

Pls let me know if I can help, having access to both Ghost and leader account might be helpful.

Big John
01-04-2013, 01:16 PM
I'm annoyed when I get a pm to join my faction then I find out they're already in one.

goldenarchie
01-04-2013, 01:41 PM
You guys are lucky! You only have 3-7 members that are ghosts! I have 20!!!!! No Bueno!!!!

you should quit your faction and join mine then. :cool:

SuperSonic Chimp
01-04-2013, 01:43 PM
you should quit your faction and join mine then. :cool:

Can't. I have 3 members that have put everything they've had into our faction. I wouldn't leave them for anything! Strength&Honor!

gibbys2000
01-04-2013, 01:56 PM
my faction ID 682 519 408

Big John
01-04-2013, 02:48 PM
Looks like they're working on faction, getting server error when trying to access it.

Peppers
01-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Me too Big John. I only see the server error when trying to get into factions.

SuperSonic Chimp
01-04-2013, 02:51 PM
Looks like they're working on faction, getting server error when trying to access it.

I just mentioned that in another thread....Can't access it. But do you have the self adding members problem?

Big John
01-04-2013, 04:02 PM
I just mentioned that in another thread....Can't access it. But do you have the self adding members problem?
Yip, got that too

Zimm
01-04-2013, 04:38 PM
Faction: Justice League of America
Faction Invite Code: 356867212
Ghosts: G.I.Jam, Member, lvl 75; Saint, Member, lvl 52; blackplaque, Member, lvl 95; Mojo, Member, lvl 60

I am the Leader, so I can get/give whatever access is required.

Also, our faction was never notified regarding the faction PvP event. We're pretty irritated that we didn't even get to participate, let alone being iced in the hunt for the prized unit. Is that glitch being addressed somewhere?
-Zimm

Jacko99
01-04-2013, 05:25 PM
Hey CJ, willing to volunteer, if you still need support. I'm the leader... See signature for details.

Also, there is a rumour that another pvp faction related 'event' is taking place now and over the weekend... Is this true?!

Ninjasasquatch
01-04-2013, 05:35 PM
Faction code 936538707

lanemondo
01-04-2013, 05:37 PM
CJ, my faction will be happy to help. We have two glitch players. Faction code is - 777 310 081. Faction name 'cowboys and Indians'
37 - SOFO
132 - chessmat

I am the leader of the faction

Ninjasasquatch
01-04-2013, 09:47 PM
Faction name. Islamic Jihad
Faction i.d. 936538707

Members to be deleted
Kickass
Esperance
Islamic jihad
Ko
Major Payne
Colonel cajones
Lord chaos
Tifa

All members to be removed are listed as "member"

Moore1605
01-04-2013, 09:56 PM
You can sign up the black falcons faction 444-273-789
Players to boot are Lewis, me, ssgmv

catanoz28
01-05-2013, 12:08 AM
I volunteer my faction as well. Info below.
My ID #: 766 066 960
Faction Code: 930 410 955
Faction Name: Unity Service Navigation
Tag: USN
Faction Leader: Stonewall
Mbrs: hunter, sea knight, doctor death, badass, musky hunter, berty, counteragent, killah, seb, alex(LVL 40), ddr, silent rhino, faldan, alex(LVL 22), sgt calloway, warmonger, kozak, viqan, the guy, fighting sioux, chunkalunka, justin, holdinga.

Glitch- Holdinga (LVL 10) showed in my faction & I cannot remove.
Glitch- I want to remove Alex (LVL 22) & Warmonger (LVL 7) from my faction & I can't.
Glitch- Viqan is in my faction. He can't see anything on his modern war. He resubmitted his request to join but I can't drop him & then reaccept due to server errors.

Error code for all three scenarios is: "Server Error updating faction data"

How do I increase faction size?
How do I select a defensive captain for faction wars?

Scorpiocmw1979
01-05-2013, 12:22 AM
Complete faction info
Faction name. Islamic Jihad
Faction i.d. 936538707

Members to be deleted
Kickass
Esperance
Islamic jihad
Ko
Major Payne
Colonel cajones
Lord chaos
Tifa

All members to be removed are listed as "member"

DragCro
01-05-2013, 02:01 AM
I want to help,sign me in!
My ingame code is in my signature

Ragmondino
01-05-2013, 02:48 AM
Right I'm assuming this was done now because I got a message saying my faction was being updated. However we still can not remove the players who can't access the faction. Any news cj?

smoothdude11
01-05-2013, 09:18 PM
I am the leader of the second coming faction, code 435-137-761. We have three members who are ghost

MW3: 177-971-216

I have two people that I don't know their codes:

Alex: LVL 119
DownTown: LVL 96

Please let me know if there is anything else that you need!

I am sir id code 126-455-016

benjaminjboyles
01-05-2013, 09:36 PM
I can't access my faction enough to even see that I've been accepted. I requested membership in MANY factions, because I thought no one was accepting me. My invite code is 170 593 334 US PATRIOTS, and my name is Alex. I have a number from a faction asking me to donate, but I can't even find out how: 773 450 910. I have received similar requests from others, but don't know who they are. Please help. I want to be part of the action.

ragnar
01-05-2013, 11:02 PM
As much as we can complain about a lot of things, getting a heads up on a Sunday night, before a major holiday no less, is pretty great. I appreciate the effort to keep us informed.

I am a faction leader using IOS. I am currently not able to view potential new faction member stats (only have the option to accept or deny). Additionally, if I try and remove a member, I get a 'server error'. Are you aware of these issues?

Thanks,

Ragnar

ragnar
01-05-2013, 11:06 PM

Same issue here...I also cannot remove a member once added.

Vegaman
01-06-2013, 04:47 AM
Hi CJ,
I've volunteered our faction earlier in the thread. I'm the faction leader and we are "40k Plus Attack" 246709339.

When you eventually fix the ghost member section, many of us have been really disadvantaged by it. I have 7 members who contribute nothing and yet as a team we worked really hard and spent 100's of $millions getting Guild bonuses to add members, believing more members equals more cash and concrete.

Therefore i propose for every Ghost member a team has from the fix date back to say the 19th Dec 2012, they get 4 concrete and $3 million per ghost player per day. Thats about our average. I know some are more or less but its about fairness. This amount would be credited to the faction donate section. So in our case its 7 players x 'X Days' x 4 bricks and $3 million. This way the game can continue and all injured parties feel compensated.

Thanks for reading and i hope you get a fix as the Faction events have reinvigorated the game.
Happy New Year JJ... "40k Plus Attack" 246709339

Milspec1
01-06-2013, 03:43 PM
You HAVE to fix the not being able to delet members, it's destorying our faction.. it's been a known problem why hasn't it been fixed?!!?!?!?

SgtBilko
01-06-2013, 06:39 PM
If you want to test my ghosts out, here are some of the details:

Ghost member - storm (ID 659628812)
Faction - Bilko's Warriors (ID 279365100)
Faction Leader - Sgt Bilko (ID 799 063 379)

We left a faction where we had nearly $100M in cash and 97 concrete blocks due to the leader disappearing, so this faction/ghost issue is a huge headache.

Plovmand
01-07-2013, 01:56 AM
Im up at 12 ghost members in my faction. That is close to 50% of the total members :mad:

Ferr
01-07-2013, 04:12 AM
Cj, perhaps it is good to post here an update........

Tournai
01-07-2013, 04:52 AM
So that is a ghost faction now? I am leader of a faction, but if I want to leave, I have to name a new member.

So your faction is still active right? I have spread all the member alliance ID's to all my members.

just contact all your active members.

At this moment I have also 5 Stuck members that seems to be in multiple factions, and can not donate to us, so we missing a lot of money from those members for the faction.

We are only growing with 10 maybe 15 Million a day, so those 5 stuck / ghost members should be deleted.

There is also no reply from Gree on my made ticket. Thinking of making a new one.

Good luck with the prepare for the coming battles. First I gues we will have an Epic Enemy event first.

If you want to test my ghosts out, here are some of the details:

We left a faction where we had nearly $100M in cash and 97 concrete blocks due to the leader disappearing, so this faction/ghost issue is a huge headache.

Ninjasasquatch
01-07-2013, 12:22 PM
I requested eary on to volunteer, but haven't heard anything, when will we know if the factions are being updated? Which ones were chosen?

Sir strop
01-07-2013, 01:00 PM
I am sir 648686250
Faction beer o clock 273486805
We are willing to try a patch to remove ghost members
I am the leader and can't see new members details before I add
We have four that I know of.

mxz
01-07-2013, 01:39 PM
I requested eary on to volunteer, but haven't heard anything, when will we know if the factions are being updated? Which ones were chosen?We received our notification that we were accepted on January 3rd around 6:13PM PST. I would guess if you hadn't heard by now your faction was not picked to participate.

Wufnu
01-07-2013, 03:34 PM
CJ I'll send you a PM on this also but here's my info.

I am in 2 factions:
Officer Training School (OTS) 572 280 754
Skull and Bones 665 162 842

My Game Name:
Ernst 479 685 634
I'm running the game on an Iphone 4

I have talked to both factions and neither are able to delete me.

Jean marc
01-07-2013, 04:22 PM
faction name: jean marc
faction code: 979336395

Wufnu
01-09-2013, 11:04 AM
Bump so we don't have mulitple threads on this.

SomersetGuy
01-09-2013, 06:24 PM
UPDATE 1/3/12:

Hey all,

CJ54,

It almost been a week since your last update here. Can you let us know what is going on? There are many of us who were extremely grateful for you letting us know what was going on then after stating that you had a fix to test ... radio silence. Most players can understand glitches in these games but it is incomprehensible why your customers can't be kept updated even if the fix didn't work. Please give us an update.

mxz
01-09-2013, 06:33 PM
It sort of worked. All the ghosts got kicked, and after re-inviting them they are real members now. Supposedly we wouldn't have to manually re-add, so I was thinking there'd be some sort of official posting when things were finished. We got a little antsy and just re-invited after realizing our member count had dropped.

CJ54
01-09-2013, 06:33 PM
Yeah, I actually have one today. This has actually been priority #1 support side. The update, and this is particularly pertinent at the moment, is that we have a working fix. What we've been working on the last two days is getting that fix ready for deployment in a way that'll fix the issue across the board rather than one at a time from ticket information. The deployment got held up today, we've got fingers and toes crossed for a deployment tomorrow. I'll update tomorrow first thing when I know.

It sort of worked. All the ghosts got kicked, and after re-inviting them they are real members now. Supposedly we wouldn't have to manually re-add, so I was thinking there'd be some sort of official posting when things were finished. We got a little antsy and just re-invited after realizing our member count had dropped.

The FIRST first time, with the first faction, the ghosts got kicked and when re-added they weren't ghosts client-side, but still were server side. This thing has been a real beast of a bug.

In some edge cases in some factions, people will probably have to re-add affected members after we deploy the fix.

nic4msu
01-09-2013, 06:35 PM
That's (cautiously optimistically) great news. Thanks for the update & all your hard work, CJ.

CJ54
01-09-2013, 06:39 PM
That's (cautiously optimistically) great news. Thanks for the update & all your hard work, CJ.

We're pretty darn (cautiously optimistically) happy too. I'll give people more of the full scoop on this one later.

SomersetGuy
01-09-2013, 06:43 PM
We're pretty darn (cautiously optimistically) happy too. I'll give people more of the full scoop on this one later.

Thanks a million for the update. My faction will be very happy.

Clark2215
01-09-2013, 06:54 PM
Can anyone tell me why the battle is about to begin yet the faction member list is still not functioning? How are we to start battles with out members that can actually get on the faction. We paid for Guild bonuses and I have 8 to 10 member spots taken up by players who can't get on the faction, can't donate or contribute in any way. I have ask for help for 6 weeks and all I'm getting is sorry, I don't know and soon. Soon was saidv3 weeks ago. This needs to be straightened out before any battles begin. This is bad business.
Clark2215
Faction # 662-915-165

Jean marc
01-09-2013, 07:17 PM
Already sent an email to you CJ54 volunteering our faction but got no reply.
Faction: jean marc
Faction ID: 979336395

mxz
01-09-2013, 07:32 PM
The FIRST first time, with the first faction, the ghosts got kicked and when re-added they weren't ghosts client-side, but still were server side. This thing has been a real beast of a bug.

In some edge cases in some factions, people will probably have to re-add affected members after we deploy the fix.One of our guys had this to say. It was the only complaint.

Jan 6th:

I just accepted the join request(the faction page just started working for me). I made a donation of 10mil and 11 bricks but can no longer view any of the tabs except information and donate. So, partially fixed?

Morphlingman
01-09-2013, 08:08 PM
CJ, how will we know if you used our faction as a test sample?

Would it because at times none of our members could access the forum or donations?

ohgreatitsryan
01-09-2013, 08:11 PM
One of our guys had this to say.
That was me. The faction screen has gone back to being just as bugged as it was before. I can't access anything, it presents me with the screen I would get if I wasn't in a faction, yet if I try and click on invites it says I'm already in one. It worked well for about 5, maybe even ten minutes and then went back to be borked. I sent in a ticket that day.....no response.

@ Morph. I'm made to understand you would have already gotten the gold, though sadly, if you are one of the players being kept from participating in the faction events, and your faction was selected to participate, you don't get gold.

CJ54
01-09-2013, 08:19 PM
That was me. The faction screen has gone back to being just as bugged as it was before. I can't access anything, it presents me with the screen I would get if I wasn't in a faction, yet if I try and click on invites it says I'm already in one. It worked well for about 5, maybe even ten minutes and then went back to be borked. I sent in a ticket that day.....no response.

@ Morph. I'm made to understand you would have already gotten the gold, though sadly, if you are one of the players being kept from participating in the faction events, and your faction was selected to participate, you don't get gold.

Thank you for this, I'm passing this up the chain now.

We filled up on volunteers quickly. If we need more before this is fixed, I'll contact some of the people who have already contacted me.

ohgreatitsryan
01-09-2013, 08:21 PM
Thanks CJ!
Ticket is #321652

CJ54
01-10-2013, 11:41 AM
Okay, we're working on a deploy for today to all servers to fix the ghost member issue. If it gets delayed, or if there are complications, I will let people know.

This issue is actually several smaller (but serious) issues that look like each other and are intertwined, which is why this took so long. After the fix, people who were un-removable will in some cases be gone from the faction; in others you will have to remove them manually if you want them gone. Players who are affected who had names in multiple faction tables may find themselves in one of those; if it isn't the one you want, you'll have to leave and re-contact the one you do want to join. After the fix, support (and myself, here on the forums) will monitor for any weirdness or issues. There will probably be a little weirdness right after as things right themselves.

Anyway, I will post again when this goes all the way live, and thank you everyone for your patience on this one.

HGF69
01-10-2013, 11:52 AM
Okay, we're working on a deploy for today to all servers to fix the ghost member issue. If it gets delayed, or if there are complications, I will let people know.

This issue is actually several smaller (but serious) issues that look like each other and are intertwined, which is why this took so long. After the fix, people who were un-removable will in some cases be gone from the faction; in others you will have to remove them manually if you want them gone. Players who are affected who had names in multiple faction tables may find themselves in one of those; if it isn't the one you want, you'll have to leave and re-contact the one you do want to join. After the fix, support (and myself, here on the forums) will monitor for any weirdness or issues. There will probably be a little weirdness right after as things right themselves.

Anyway, I will post again when this goes all the way live, and thank you everyone for your patience on this one.

Great news CJ, THANKS for the update!

Wufnu
01-10-2013, 01:42 PM

I will patiently await my fate. I'm in 2 factions and do have a preference for the one I'd like to stay in.

nic4msu
01-10-2013, 02:06 PM
CJ, does that mean that the Android compatibility issue has been resolved and we can now safely add Android members to an iOS faction?

CJ54
01-10-2013, 02:50 PM
I posted a sticky post up at the top of the forums on this, I'm closing this one to keep an eye in one place.