PDA

View Full Version : Exploiting Glitches

mikebarth1955
12-23-2012, 08:38 PM
I have noticed that some people tend to condone other players who exploit glitches or foul-ups on the part of GREE programmers that allow these players to grab extra units, generate unearned cash, or pick up unearned valor points/energy/gold/whatever.

Here's my thought on that: you are not playing against GREE, you are playing against ME. So when you obtain an unearned advantage, you are not screwing GREE, you are screwing ME. And what really frustrates me, beyond having some people cheer for that kind of nonsense, is that even when players turn in tickets on this kind of crap (and kudos to the many forum members who do so!), GREE doesn't seem to be as swift with the hammer of justice as might seem reasonable.

I salute the efforts of the active forum members to get some action through the boycott and through active posting.

Ericinico
12-23-2012, 08:40 PM
The no-casualty glitch is the most unfair of them all. It's a free gold army :(

dads
12-23-2012, 08:54 PM
I loathe to bring this up in another thread as there are many about factions
However as its about exploting a glitch;

the pps in multiple factions are exploiting a glicth extra shots at the boss extra cash income ect.

Shinazueli
12-23-2012, 11:08 PM
I am currently one of those people. While I see your point of view, I also have one. I would really like to contribute to my faction so that we can compete more effectively. I'd also like to play the game, including factions. I did everything I could to fix my game, including all the device fixes I could do. There's nothing we can do.

While I respect that the developer of the game had a lot of work to do to roll this out before the holidays to provide us with new content, this is disappointing and truly unacceptable. I think I speak for the overwhelming majority of the player base when I say that we would gladly have waited for the new year or possibly even longer if it meant that it would have worked the first time.

Shinazueli
12-23-2012, 11:43 PM
Also, just to clear this up.

or (iii) otherwise violate these Terms, including the Code of Conduct described in Section 2 below. Any use of the Site or Services in violation of these limitations will be considered a breach of these Terms, is cause for immediate suspension and/or termination under Section 11(b) of these Terms, and/or may result in legal action against you.

2. Code of Conduct. You agree that you will not (the following restrictions, collectively, the “Code of Conduct”):

(b) exploit, distribute or publicly inform other users of any game error, miscue or bug which gives an unintended advantage

11. Termination

(b) We reserve the right to terminate or suspend your account or your access to any or all portions of the Site or Services at any time, for any reason, including your violation or breach of any provision in these Terms.

(c) In the event your account or access to the Site or Services is terminated or suspended whether by you or by Funzio, you will not be entitled to any refund nor will any Virtual Currency or Virtual Goods be credited or reimbursed to you in any form, including cash, goods, or points, whether in the virtual or “real world,” and you will have no further right to access any of the foregoing or your account. If your account is terminated or suspended by us, we reserve the right to, and you agree that we may, terminate or suspend any of your other accounts and refuse to open future accounts for your use of the Services.

You agree to these Terms of Service simply by logging on to the game.

dads
12-23-2012, 11:54 PM
Yes that's fair. You tried.mabye even comicated.
I don't mean that I mean pps that are in mulptile factions & know it & no matter how hard we try we don't get a response. They can comicate via the in game posts that are on their their wall.
Your sound like a innocent victim. There are thoses that are knowingly exploting this glitch.
Op sorry I had to respond to let the person know I didn't mean the ones are inocent sorry if this took this off track.

Shinazueli
12-24-2012, 09:09 AM
Oh it's cool man. Merry Christmas.

MonkeyPuppy2012
12-24-2012, 06:56 PM
What the hexx are you guys talking about?

Shinazueli
12-24-2012, 08:02 PM
Some guy whining about being b& for an energy exploit.

BigBassTurd
12-24-2012, 08:52 PM
Some guy whining about being b& for an energy exploit.
LOL says the person benefitting from the android glitch

Shinazueli
12-24-2012, 09:21 PM
LOL says the person benefitting from the android glitch

One shouldn't open their mouth when one has nothing to say.

I play on an iphone4.

I am receiving no benefits.

What was your point again?

dads
12-25-2012, 12:32 AM
That was my mistake I misinterpreted shanzurils post. I thought they where responding to my post about faction glitches. After reading the other post about being b& I am confused as it doesn't seem like they where responding to my post,rather responding to someone getting b&.

Just going to leave this thread be it's too confusing.

Elvis Himself
12-25-2012, 09:02 PM
What are the glitches?
Not how to exploit them, just what are they doing for other players?
What hidden advantages are they getting?

Shinazueli
12-25-2012, 09:23 PM
What are the glitches?
Not how to exploit them, just what are they doing for other players?
What hidden advantages are they getting?

The rules state that we cannot reveal exploits to other users of the game.

But, in general, they allow you to do things either "more", "more often", "easier", or "faster" than would be possible without the exploit. This allows players to accrue more units, generally, than the standard player could obtain. Basically, if you can think of something that limits your ability to gain strength, then there is/was an associated exploit of that limit.

ProCision
12-26-2012, 04:46 AM
is this just an iPhone/iPod/iPad thing? or is there Android glitches to?

Poopenshire
12-26-2012, 05:33 AM
Every system has glitches some similar and some with different root causes but the same outcome.

Speed ump
12-26-2012, 06:15 AM
Exploiting a glitch is obviously clearly listed as violating the terms of service. If you have a glitch, communicate that issue to gree, and cannot play your game without the glitch occurring, then I have no issue with you. If you do something that creates the glitch to happen, or do not communicate the issue, then I take issue with that player.its just an easier form of hacking in my mind.