PDA

View Full Version : Move from Android to iOS

mihunter62
12-23-2012, 11:11 AM
Has anyone received a firm answer on:
Can you port your current game from Android to iOS?
If not, does anyone know why? (I know there might be some items that are not avail, but as of the last update, they have moved both platforms to using a single data set date.plist)

I ask, because the answer by many iOS people when Android users complain, is get an iOS. Either that's a stupid response or they know more than I do. I have a phone upgrade option in 2 weeks, so wondered what options there might be?

dudeman
12-23-2012, 11:35 AM
Can't do it. Something about violating Apple's TOS. That's all I know because I don't need or care to know more. :p

Beardy
12-23-2012, 11:36 AM
Negative....

mihunter62
12-23-2012, 11:59 AM
We still have development contacts at Apple, so I'll see what I can find out. Kind of strange since it's really Gree that holds the data. If I just install a new version of CC on an iOS device. Then the data is stored on the Gree servers of the state the game is in when I left.
If this is really the answer, this is one of my big issues with Apple, I would purchase one of their devices (actually probably move my company phones, if I move), but they are so controlling that they will not allow a game to be moved because of TOS. They used to be so open that when you purchased a computer you got the rom listings and schematic, but that was so long ago.
Does anyone know if they do any development at Gree in U.S. office?

Chasm37
12-23-2012, 12:25 PM
That is exactly why I or my company don't purchase Apple. I hate any trade type agreements that control these of simple changes that should be totally up to the consumer. I hate monopoly focused companies. Walmart, HP, Apple etc.

Ramshutu
12-23-2012, 02:47 PM
I've read through the developer TOS for apple, and can't find anything specific, but it may not be the complete one, as it doesn't cover the issues with regards to the type of problems dropbox and cloud sites have had with apple.

Cobra Shuttle
12-23-2012, 03:06 PM
I thought its because they are different games and the user data is not compatible between the two.

nopenopenope
12-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Transferring your account from iOS to Android or the reverse is a violation of Apple's TOS.Search is cool!

mihunter62
12-23-2012, 11:18 PM
'Search' would be cool if you believe that everything you read is true. We have contacts at Apple and are not hearing the same thing. It seems that TOS, might be referring to leaving the platform (but not sure yet), not moving to the platform.
Also, there are a number of ways to not violate TOS. Many TOS agreements say that you can't move purchased items, but CC is free. The big area for CC would (IMHO), be the movement of Gold. We are going to try to follow up on this, but for reference is the the section of the Apple TOS for the iStore, that might have the most relevance.

IN-APP PURCHASES

Certain App Store Products may include functionality that enables you to receive additional services, or licenses to additional functionality or content for use within the App Store Product ("In App Purchases"). In App Purchases that are consumed during the use of the App Store Product (for example, virtual ammunition) cannot be transferred among devices; can be downloaded only once; and after being downloaded, cannot be replaced. Once a consumable In App Purchase is acquired and received by you, Apple shall be without liability to you in the event of any loss, destruction, or damage. All In App Purchases are deemed App Store Products, and In App Purchases received within Third-Party Products are deemed Third-Party Products, and treated as such, for purposes of these terms and conditions.

You must authenticate to acquire In-App Purchases separately from any authentication to obtain App Store Products by entering your password when prompted, but once you have authenticated to obtain an In-App Purchase, you will be able to acquire additional In-App Purchases for fifteen minutes without re-entering your password. You can turn off the ability to acquire In-App Purchases on your iOS Device by following the steps outlined at http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4213.

The statement that CCM made, would have to be viewed from both sides, and probably would not be in violation of a single TOS. Example of Apple to Andorid; on the Android side, it would be a totally new install of a different code base, but if the Android TOS didn't allow it, then that would be the issue.

My point is that because 'I said so' especially from a marketing guy, doesn't always cut it :-) The other thing that has happened over the past couple of updates is that they have consolidated their data set into one format, which now might make it technically possible, as before that, they may have had compatibility issues (not saying they still might not have issues)

CJ54
12-23-2012, 11:29 PM
My point is that because 'I said so' especially from a marketing guy, doesn't always cut it :-) The other thing that has happened over the past couple of updates is that they have consolidated their data set into one format, which now might make it technically possible, as before that, they may have had compatibility issues (not saying they still might not have issues)

I'm not a marketing guy, I'm one of the Support managers, and what I can tell you with certainty is that we do not move accounts between Android and iOS. I appreciate that you're going out of your way to contribute info to the forums, but we are currently unable to change that policy regardless of the info posted or discussion on the subject.