PDA

View Full Version : Any news on a sale on Gold for Christmas?

Derek Shane
12-21-2012, 11:21 PM
Seems logical there will be one.
I've been waiting for a sale to start, but nothing yet obviously.
Waiting for a sale so i can buy eather a truck-load or vault of gold.
Refuse to buy any unless there is a sale.

Does anyone have any news on a Christmas special sale on gold and cash?

Also: If there is a sale, are you going to buy gold or money? If so, what will you spend it on!?

NFI
12-21-2012, 11:34 PM
gold sale would be good, about 40% off would be sweet. however i noticed itunes aus, are having problems with ingame purchases not going through but the cash is deducted....so im on hold, sale or not. would of spent it on boss event or crates.

Derek Shane
12-21-2012, 11:38 PM
gold sale would be good, about 40% off would be sweet. however i noticed itunes aus, are having problems with ingame purchases not going through but the cash is deducted....so im on hold, sale or not. would of spent it on boss event or crates.
I'm on a droid :(

Dudebot121256
12-21-2012, 11:44 PM
I haven't seen or heard anything regarding an upcoming gold sale. Sorry bro :(

thevlad
12-21-2012, 11:45 PM
I'm on a droid :(
Chances are you won't even get the event! :p

Derek Shane
12-21-2012, 11:46 PM
Chances are you won't even get the event! :p
i got the event on my girlfriends account. but im going to be sad if there is no sale on gold this christmas

Ballerado
12-22-2012, 12:06 AM
20% off just popped up. FYI walmart online has 20 % off $50itunes cards right now. $64 bucks for a vault is pretty good.

Nicky the Nose
12-22-2012, 12:08 AM
95 hours for 20% sale plenty of time to buy gold now

Nicky the Nose
12-22-2012, 12:09 AM
Seems logical there will be one.
I've been waiting for a sale to start, but nothing yet obviously.
Waiting for a sale so i can buy eather a truck-load or vault of gold.
Refuse to buy any unless there is a sale.

Does anyone have any news on a Christmas special sale on gold and cash?

Also: If there is a sale, are you going to buy gold or money? If so, what will you spend it on!?

FYI never buy cash dude, its worthless IMO

thevlad
12-22-2012, 12:11 AM
95 hours for 20% sale plenty of time to buy gold now

Just 20%?? That blows...

Ballerado
12-22-2012, 12:14 AM
FYI never buy cash dude, its worthless IMOYo Nicky do you play Monster Quest? I think the are trying to push in game currency harder there. Especially with the Ruldolph event where you can buy the reindeer to fuse. Oh yeah I used to use your location when I played online poker. +1

Nicky the Nose
12-22-2012, 12:24 AM
Yo Nicky do you play Monster Quest? I think the are trying to push in game currency harder there. Especially with the Ruldolph event where you can buy the reindeer to fuse. Oh yeah I used to use your location when I played online poker. +1

No I don't play MQ, just CC and Modern War

cooch
12-22-2012, 12:29 AM
Just a standard 20% off for next 96 hours...

haywood
12-22-2012, 03:12 AM
I'm seeing the sale for only 3 days left on my phone, wonder if they may drop an addition sale or something cool on X-mas day.........yeah probably not

Tomatoneverdie
12-22-2012, 06:03 AM
No I don't play MQ, just CC and Modern War

Please tell me that I am not the only one thinks MQ looks like crap😆

cditti
12-22-2012, 07:24 AM
Once you go 40% off you never go back to just 20%

Vito Corleone
12-22-2012, 07:37 AM
Please tell me that I am not the only one thinks MQ looks like crap😆
I have a camper MW account but I totally agree with you.

thevlad
12-22-2012, 08:14 AM
Once you go 40% off you never go back to just 20%

tell me about it
I'm not even touching this sale
If they want to compete on boxing day they'll have to do a lot better than that

Derek Shane
12-22-2012, 05:22 PM
20%? Thats a joke. thats a spit in the face.
It's freaking Christmas. how can you offer a 40% on thanksgiving but only offer 20% for Christmas?
I hope they read this thread and its comments. Im not touching this event either. Their loss, I was planning on buying a vault and an additional truck load. But I dont have enough spare money to get either of them after going christmas shopping. I just bought 50 gold but thats because i needed it and I am not buying anymore unless they put it up to 30-40%

Dudebot121256
12-22-2012, 05:28 PM
Please tell me that I am not the only one thinks MQ looks like crap��Android players don't get MQ so I can't give you my opinion on it. Sorry :(

Mikecore
12-22-2012, 05:28 PM
20%? Thats a joke. thats a spit in the face.
It's freaking Christmas. how can you offer a 40% on thanksgiving but only offer 20% for Christmas?
I hope they read this thread and its comments. Im not touching this event either. Their loss, I was planning on buying a vault and an additional truck load. But I dont have enough spare money to get either of them after going christmas shopping. I just bought 50 gold but thats because i needed it and I am not buying anymore unless they put it up to 30-40%

Gree wishes u Merry Gree(d)stmas...lol

DenZ1
12-22-2012, 06:11 PM
tell me about it
I'm not even touching this sale
If they want to compete on boxing day they'll have to do a lot better than that
With time people will start buying again during 20% as a normal sale.
I have my own opinion on he cost of gold in this game but its a different story.

Derek Shane
12-22-2012, 06:46 PM
With time people will start buying again during 20% as a normal sale.
I have my own opinion on he cost of gold in this game but its a different story.
Its probably the same as mine (the opinion). The price of gold on this game is sickening.
50 Gold for $4.99?
Yeah, that would be an okay price if most of the good items didn't cost 500+ gold, or if medical packs only cost 1 gold bar; or if box event resets only cost 5 gold. But none of that is the case here.

The ratio of the price of gold compared to the quantity of gold needed for good items or good choice purchases in the game is whack and needs to be seriously re-thought about by Gree. But that wont happen until the majority of the hard gold-buyers stop buying so much gold. Gree is most likely under the impression that they are doing a good job with the Gold purchase system simply because the current customers buy gold anyway, even if they don't agree on the price because they need the gold. Therefore Gree thinks they are doing it right and does not need to be changed.

A fair price: 50 Gold should only be roughly $2.95. (use that to figure out what the 110 would cost and so on).

Sickening, and a disappointment.
But yes, I buy gold still. The only reason I do is because I have a pretty good job and enough money left over each check to afford how ever much gold I want and i like to be able to get above level 15 boss events and buy nice gold buildings.

DenZ1
12-22-2012, 06:55 PM
Its probably the same as mine (the opinion). The price of gold on this game is sickening.
50 Gold for $4.99?
Yeah, that would be an okay price if most of the good items didn't cost 500+ gold, or if medical packs only cost 1 gold bar; or if box event resets only cost 5 gold. But none of that is the case here.

The ratio of the price of gold compared to the quantity of gold needed for good items or good choice purchases in the game is whack and needs to be seriously re-thought about by Gree. But that wont happen until the majority of the hard gold-buyers stop buying so much gold. Gree is most likely under the impression that they are doing a good job with the Gold purchase system simply because the current customers buy gold anyway, even if they don't agree on the price because they need the gold. Therefore Gree thinks they are doing it right and does not need to be changed.

A fair price: 50 Gold should only be roughly $2.95. (use that to figure out what the 110 would cost and so on).

But yes, I buy gold still. The only reason I do is because I have a pretty good job and enough money left over each check to afford how ever much gold I want and i like to be able to get above level 15 boss events and buy nice gold buildings.
Ha.. Personally I think 50 gold for $1 would be an overrate :) yet I'm still buying it.

Jtstar7439
12-22-2012, 07:42 PM
50 Gold for $4.99?

I agree with you 100%. I'm lucky that Im able to afford to waste a few bucks on some pixels. Even with that I will only buy it on sale and still think it's very overpriced.

Tomatoneverdie
12-22-2012, 08:27 PM
The price of gold IS ridiculous, even when it is on sale, that's why I have (only) spent $100 total and most likely no more. However, it is as simple as supply and demand. Gree provides an excellent game, not perfect, but addicting, and people will continue spending on it.

Additionally, I don't think 20% sale is all that unreasonable. The last 40% sale is on the Black Friday, and if you live in US, you should know that every store has the biggest sales on BF, not Christmas....

Derek Shane
12-22-2012, 09:04 PM
The price of gold IS ridiculous, even when it is on sale, that's why I have (only) spent $100 total and most likely no more. However, it is as simple as supply and demand. Gree provides an excellent game, not perfect, but addicting, and people will continue spending on it.

Additionally, I don't think 20% sale is all that unreasonable. The last 40% sale is on the Black Friday, and if you live in US, you should know that every store has the biggest sales on BF, not Christmas....
Yes but Christmas time is the time of giving. 20% discount for holiday like they do every holiday and then another 10-20% discount as a gift to the players who keep them up and running. thats how i look at it. then again, it is a corporation. I work for one, AT&T. So its that old chestnut kinda thing. what can ya do? :/