PDA

View Full Version : Daylight Chaser

Chimera
12-21-2012, 07:18 PM
I opened MW and was awarded a Daylight Chaser jet. There was an apology about a daylight savings time delay. I'm confused.

Ericinico
12-21-2012, 07:43 PM
Say a building came in at 3 pm every day. DST bumped the times back an hour, but the building pays out every twenty four hours. So the building would have come in at 2 pm. And if your not playing then, and expect it to come in at 3, there's a one our window for someone to raid you. The daylight chaser was grees way of "apologizing for this inconvenience"

Ericinico
12-21-2012, 07:44 PM
Btw: just be happy you got it :) it should have come out months ago

asdfg12345
12-21-2012, 07:44 PM
there is a was a topic on that started by ccm about how gree will reward everyone for the inconvenience of the daylight savings

Anjunbeats
12-22-2012, 01:33 AM
So if each and every player of mw is "rewarded" with this unit, they might as well just give us nothing. So what's the point in this?

Thunder Child
12-22-2012, 02:18 AM
exactly........

SevenO9
12-22-2012, 03:07 AM
Classic marketing move. By inflating everyones stats equally, you actually change nothing but make everyone feel better.

Force10JC
12-22-2012, 07:16 AM
It will be an advantage over any players that started playing after DST assuming they are awarding only to players that actually were around on DST.

Poopenshire
12-22-2012, 07:54 AM
Still not on android.

Ericinico
12-22-2012, 04:43 PM
Classic marketing move. By inflating everyones stats equally, you actually change nothing but make everyone feel better.Good point

Dry
12-22-2012, 05:09 PM
So how many time I will see it pop up evry time I open the game ?
Ok Ty gree for this plain ..

General Soviet
12-22-2012, 06:45 PM
So how many time I will see it pop up evry time I open the game ?
Ok Ty gree for this plain ..
I've been getting the splashscreen every time too, Dry. It's getting annoying.

Big John
12-27-2012, 09:36 AM
I've been getting the splashscreen every time too, Dry. It's getting annoying.
Still getting it.

qqqq
12-27-2012, 09:42 AM
I declare since now i will accept any splashscreen after having received other free indestructible units!

Poopenshire
12-27-2012, 10:17 AM
I would like to point out I still don't have this unit on my Android account.

mikebarth1955
12-27-2012, 10:33 AM
It will be an advantage over any players that started playing after DST assuming they are awarding only to players that actually were around on DST.

I have two LLPs, one on a Kindle (Android) that I've had since September (before Daylight Savings Time ended) and one on an old iPod (IOS version 4) that I have had since early December (after Daylight Savings Time ended). The Kindle LLP should have a Daylight Chaser but doesn't. The iPod LLP should NOT have one but does. Typical GREE.

Chuck Nuts
12-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Confirmation that we still don't have it on Android.

No big deal since the daylight unit isn't really all that powerful. However, for new players who are just getting started in this game at entry levels the daylight chaser will be another significant advantage for iOS players over Android players.

Oh well, just another temporary inequity that can be easily overcome with solid game strategy.

Big John
12-27-2012, 11:04 AM
I would like to point out I still don't have this unit on my Android account.
You have the unit, you just can't see it.

LeBarticus
12-27-2012, 12:44 PM
It's another unit I'm not losing in battle, that's just the way I look at it.

FromAfar
12-27-2012, 08:21 PM
ya know... i take a free unit. fine.

ok, you have been telling me about it every time i start the app for several days now. you can stop...

unless you're giving me another one every time i start the app! :)

Force10JC
12-28-2012, 06:46 AM
My son got an IPad for Christmas and he started playing MW yesterday. Not 20 minutes after starting his game account, the Daylight Chaser showed up in his inventory. What a load of crap. He obviously wasn't even playing the game at DST so he didn't experience the problem. Meanwhile, here I am still waiting for mine.

Chuck Nuts
01-01-2013, 01:16 PM
Here is the fundamental problem with the way that they are handing out the DST unit to everyone on iOS:
http://i1324.photobucket.com/albums/u617/bq297bs/IMG_0021edit_zps8dbd50f9.png

Anybody at level 2 or 3 today was definitely not playing on the day of the daylight savings time switch, so they were definitely not inconvenienced. With the current implementation it is basically a HUGE bonus for brand-new iOS players over Android players.

I don't really have a dog in this fight because I am well past the point where this unit will matter very much, but it just seems like another really bone-headed implementation by Gree.

ryano
01-03-2013, 06:13 AM
If it makes you feel better, I just started playing this the other day and didn't get it. However, EVERY person who I've looked at, who has attacked me, etc has it and they didn't start playing until the last few days either.

Dutchie
01-03-2013, 06:18 AM
I've got 23 of them now, one for every day the splash screen comes up :p

Chuck Nuts
01-03-2013, 06:34 AM
It doesn't make me feel any better because that is the fundamental problem with the way that it was implemented. I have not been harmed by the situation in any tangible way, but people like yourself are starting out from the very beginning with a significant disadvantage. Its only my sense of idealism that is making me comment on this issue.

Perhaps Gree should wait a few months and then give a "Night Chaser" jet to only the new players and Android players who were inconvenienced by the dumb decision to give Daylight Chasers to brand new iOS players who certainly weren't inconvenienced by the DST issue. Ha!

The DST issue was only troublesome for well established players. I applaud Gree for their attempt to compensate players for the issue, but the way that they have implemented the gesture has caused unintended consequences of much greater relative magnitude for brand new players.

Soapbox officially dismounted.

Wufnu
01-03-2013, 09:29 AM
I agree with Chuck. I started a new game on my droid and am getting my ass handed to me with only 4 allies. I guess I ought to give up the low ally level strategy and just start adding up, being very careful to add high level units as much as possible?

I am not buying gold on this ac BTW. I can't believe how much money some people are willing to pay for a silly app game. You could outfit yourself with a brand new game playing pc for what people have paid from what I can see.

Hero of Time
01-03-2013, 09:31 AM

That's nothing. I get one everytime I open the game!

Kara T
01-03-2013, 05:15 PM

That would sure be nice...do they even make into battle for you anymore?