PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else's game being screwy?

dudeman
12-21-2012, 12:52 PM
Is anyone else noticing any weirdness with their game right now? I can't tap anywhere in my hood without selecting a pine tree, even if I tap where I have no pine trees.

I'm also still not seeing a boss event, have people been sending tickets about that? I haven't, but it's been a few days now and still nothing. Was/is it LL exclusive or something? Is it still going?

Why do I get the impression that the Gree office is just one big clusterfk right now? :p

Euchred
12-21-2012, 12:57 PM
My game seems fine but I'm concerned about the failure to launch boss event. Do they even know it isn't working?

ekzekuter
12-21-2012, 01:03 PM
I play this game about 1month~ and always had problem with some animations(like warehouse didn't show up in my field). When the events started(epic boss appearance) I just saw black screen and attack buttons. Today got tired of this and tried to re-install game. Btw I'm the android user and bam after that almost everything is fine. Now I see weapons/armors normal appearance,bosses,all of my buildings. Seems like one problem left like always when events starts I get them to see 1~2day later then most of players,even today I know that there's some event with snowballs and chinese woman boss or something like that,but I don't see it on my screen. I guess maybe that's just because that I am android user..?
P.S. Maybe some1 knows. Today I killed chinese woman till 20lvl and now I go robbing peoples,but after 20lvl she didn't appear anymore. Was that the max lvl of her? I thought she will appear until 40lvl atleast.

dudeman
12-21-2012, 01:05 PM
Well yeah, I'm more concerned about the boss event not work too, but if I had an upgrade finishing soon I would be pretty annoyed that I'm going to have to clearcut a good chunk of forest just to be able to select a building. I thought they fixed that problem close to a year ago, and now it's back. Hopefully it will be fixed by midnight tomorrow when I will be looking to start another upgrade.

Holicaholic
12-21-2012, 01:39 PM
Dudeman, this is retribution for the Mossberg incident from yesteryear :P

dudeman
12-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Dudeman, this is retribution for the Mossberg incident from yesteryear :P

They got me back for that with the diamond sig event. Twice! :p

DvD
12-21-2012, 01:55 PM
I play this game about 1month~ and always had problem with some animations(like warehouse didn't show up in my field). When the events started(epic boss appearance) I just saw black screen and attack buttons. Today got tired of this and tried to re-install game. Btw I'm the android user and bam after that almost everything is fine. Now I see weapons/armors normal appearance,bosses,all of my buildings. Seems like one problem left like always when events starts I get them to see 1~2day later then most of players,even today I know that there's some event with snowballs and chinese woman boss or something like that,but I don't see it on my screen. I guess maybe that's just because that I am android user..?
P.S. Maybe some1 knows. Today I killed chinese woman till 20lvl and now I go robbing peoples,but after 20lvl she didn't appear anymore. Was that the max lvl of her? I thought she will appear until 40lvl atleast.

Boss events usually go to 40 as far as I know (others here will know more than I do about that) but as far as why you are no longer triggering boss attacks, from limited info available (including the low level ipad account I mentioned, before) the boss event appears to have started early ONLY for low level accounts running an older build. The ipad account I know about is build 240 (current is 260). So updating fixed some of your problems but in doing so may have ended your boss event. Sorry man. Sux.

Robinhawaii
12-21-2012, 02:44 PM
Yes, same here, all my buildings are unclickable. I get the nearest decoration, not the building.

Tissues
12-21-2012, 03:36 PM
@dudeman

Did you not get my PM's i sent ya?

Linedoctor
12-21-2012, 09:24 PM
Same here. Click in most places and get the closest decoration. Vvvveerry irritating. Fix it!

Dudebot121256
12-21-2012, 09:26 PM
Same here. Click in most places and get the closest decoration. Vvvveerry irritating. Fix it!What dataset and version are you on?

realsavior
12-21-2012, 09:32 PM
I can say this is probably the first time my game has ran better after an update. Still no boss (lvl 185), but going to rival hoods has been much faster without it freezing up near as much. If loot had not quit dropping 2 updates ago on droid I would be quite happy.

dudeman
12-21-2012, 10:32 PM
I got frustrated and sold all my decos. Gree, you guys really, really suck. Big time.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-b8JjFG69TQY/UMC3NwlcYSI/AAAAAAAAAyc/7JtQFpGSmU8/s1600/bill_murray_you_suck.jpg

Linedoctor
12-22-2012, 06:57 AM
Version 2.6 hd
Build 260
Data 20121220_2

The game works fine on the iPhone. All f'd up on the iPad. I'll play it on the phone until this gets fixed but I'm damn unhappy. Bought the latest ipad to play games and now I'm back to a tiny screen. Thanks funzio.

Linedoctor
12-22-2012, 06:58 AM
And I changed my App Store rating from a 5 to a 1. Games should be fun, not a pain in the ass to play.

The Billionaire
12-22-2012, 07:41 AM
Thank god, i thought i was the only one. My Avon account which is on my iPad can't select anything but trees. I've sent a ticket but it's highly annoying because i've got $111m saved to start my next NC upgrade but i can't select my NC.

nopenopenope
12-22-2012, 09:40 AM
I got frustrated and sold all my decos. Gree, you guys really, really suck. Big time.

https://static.prtst.net/asset-proxy/5d601ff1eea2245f15359d422d8011af3d66ac16/687474703a2f2f7777772e646f63756d656e74696e67726561 6c6974792e636f6d2f666f72756d2f6174746163686d656e74 732f66322f33303838383564313331383033323039342d6469 636b2d7375636b696e672d6c6970732d6e656c736f6e2d6d75 6e747a2d686168612e6769662e6a7067/http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/attachments/f2/308885d1318032094-****-sucking-lips-nelson-muntz-haha.gif.jpg

robertsuk
12-22-2012, 10:58 AM
Is anyone else noticing any weirdness with their game right now? I can't tap anywhere in my hood without selecting a pine tree, even if I tap where I have no pine trees.

I'm also still not seeing a boss event, have people been sending tickets about that? I haven't, but it's been a few days now and still nothing. Was/is it LL exclusive or something? Is it still going?

Why do I get the impression that the Gree office is just one big clusterfk right now? :p

Screwy games.. I am on Android, switching between tablet and phone, And;
1. No loot drops from map events for 10 days.
2. Scrooge event just disappeared with all complete levels.
3. Snowball event disappeared as well.

Scrooge and snowball events both disappeared an hour ago after an update. Cannot remember having such a miserable time playing (or trying to play) any game in my life.

Do these guys have any idea what they are doing?

Indianluke
12-22-2012, 11:40 AM

Yes!!! Stupid pines I can't upgrade guided turrets without moving trees ! I'm close to cutting down my pine trees😂😂

Eddie Eagle Eye
12-22-2012, 12:29 PM
Yup always get a pine tree ! Very annoying, then move the pine tree , try again and still picks a pine tree on the next block!!! WTF gree? Also a lot of 30-40 second freezing going on in the job worlds.
Hope they fix it soon
EEE

AFed
12-22-2012, 02:36 PM
Fine on iPad3 here

Coldjoey
12-22-2012, 03:02 PM
Mine was the sae but has been fixed now, GREE. Did an update so They do Listen to you Dudeman

Seek & destroy
12-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Dam didn't even no there was. A boss event I have a collect 10 event going at the moment

dudeman
12-22-2012, 03:48 PM
Mine was the sae but has been fixed now, GREE. Did an update so They do Listen to you Dudeman

Well it makes no difference anymore. I already sold all my trees. During the process I even accidentally sold a missile turret and a sniper's den, so Gree can shove it for all the inconveniences this "minor issue" has caused. Careless greedy bastards. :p

nopenopenope
12-22-2012, 04:34 PM
Well it makes no difference anymore. I already sold all my trees. During the process I even accidentally sold a missile turret and a sniper's den, so Gree can shove it for all the inconveniences this "minor issue" has caused. Careless greedy bastards. :p

It just keeps getting better!

double
https://static.prtst.net/asset-proxy/5d601ff1eea2245f15359d422d8011af3d66ac16/687474703a2f2f7777772e646f63756d656e74696e67726561 6c6974792e636f6d2f666f72756d2f6174746163686d656e74 732f66322f33303838383564313331383033323039342d6469 636b2d7375636b696e672d6c6970732d6e656c736f6e2d6d75 6e747a2d686168612e6769662e6a7067/http://www.documentingreality.com/forum/attachments/f2/308885d1318032094-****-sucking-lips-nelson-muntz-haha.gif.jpg

NFI
12-22-2012, 04:51 PM
well, i dont have the pine tree problem, but i do get that with my park benches. No matter where you tap, a park bench is highlighted....bloody hobbos!

the problems just get worst, you dont want to be in australia at the moment, itunes not accepting any ingame purchases, just as i wanted to give greed some money! as well as 10+ hours to download a friggin small file (and no i havnt exceeded my dl limit)

gotta love companies that pump out updates a few days before a holiday period in the hope of generating a bit of revenue, only to piss what little customers loyalty is left! onya greed/apple/msoft

LongFingers
12-23-2012, 12:58 AM
I can't tap anywhere in my hood without selecting a pine tree, even if I tap where I have no pine trees.
Same here with Ipad1 and game version 20121212_2
It happens with trees, lamp post or other decorations near or rear buildings.
Crazy this moornig trying to upgrade a builting...
I thought that I had lost fingers abilty after this crazy tap-tap pvp event...

Maniac Medic
12-23-2012, 11:27 AM
Starting on the last IOS update. This is under MENU > ADD MAFIA > VIP > GET VIP STATUS.

My game ID number is: 369-633-315

Here is what is happening right now (IN REAL TIME)...
When I (or others I know who have this game using the IOS-based phones and/or tablets) select "GET VIP STATUS" and pay the 15 gold bars, about 5 min. later, I start getting the first batches of "Requests".

If I choose the "ACCEPT ALL" option on the Requests screen, I only get ONE new Mafia member, rather the ALL of them! This can be seen in the total Mafia count in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. But if I MANUALLY Accept each request, I get the FULL amount of new members! This has happened to myself and my friends on ANY of their devices (any model of iPhone, iPad, or other IOS device)! And, yes, I have double-checked the # of Mafia members in my "Profile" the next day, and I see that the number of "missing requests" has not repaired itself, as some Profile stats do unless you exit the game and start it again!!!

It's SHOCKING, UNFAIR, and TOTALLY EASY TO VERIFY THIS BUG in this new update. Funzio (et all) HAVE to be aware of this, because at least 17 messages have been sent to them by my friends, colleagues [sp], etc., with ZERO replies from the Support Department or the company itself (or any associated companies tied to this game). So, nothing is being done about it.

REAL-TIME EXAMPLE: at 12:58 PM today, I have 1,301 Mafia members... there are 20 names of people who have gotten the "auto-invitte"... I select ANY 15 members (from Level 9 to Level 174) and "ACCEPT" each one individually. I see the "Member Counter" rising by 1 every time I MANUALLY ACCEPT any member in the queue. So my total number of Mafia members is now 1,315. There are 5 names left in the queue... but if I press "ACCEPT ALL", the number of Mafia members ONLY INCREASES BY 1, NOT BY 5 as it should have! This happened yesterday when I has 24 Requests come in, and I chose the ACCEPT ALL option, and saw (again) that I only gained ONE NEW MEMBER!

Yes, I have left the game, powered down my iPhone, let it sit for a good 30 minutes to make sure that ALL connection(s) to the AT&T network had been closed (even going so far as to temporarily disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes, then reconnecting it). STILL, THE GAME HAS THE SAME BUG / ISSUE / PROBLEM (choose your own term!) even after going thru all of the possible hardware solutions.

THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN ON FUNZIO'S END... NO ONE FROM MY "GROUP" HAS GOTTEN A REPLY BACK ON THIS SPECIFIC PROBLEM FROM THE COMPANY!

Sure, any player can manually ACCEPT each request, but this takes time and effort, which should NOT be the case!

If anyone else has experienced this problem, please report it to Funzio and also post your fidings to this thread. Unless enough people state there IS a known issue, it will not be resolved.

Thanks you reading this, and see if it also happening to anyone else!

Cheers... JPS. a.k.a. Maniac Medic

andyb
12-23-2012, 02:44 PM
Having this exact same problem
my game I'd is 759 808 029

Starting on the last IOS update. This is under MENU > ADD MAFIA > VIP > GET VIP STATUS.

My game ID number is: 369-633-315

Here is what is happening right now (IN REAL TIME)...
When I (or others I know who have this game using the IOS-based phones and/or tablets) select "GET VIP STATUS" and pay the 15 gold bars, about 5 min. later, I start getting the first batches of "Requests".

If I choose the "ACCEPT ALL" option on the Requests screen, I only get ONE new Mafia member, rather the ALL of them! This can be seen in the total Mafia count in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. But if I MANUALLY Accept each request, I get the FULL amount of new members! This has happened to myself and my friends on ANY of their devices (any model of iPhone, iPad, or other IOS device)! And, yes, I have double-checked the # of Mafia members in my "Profile" the next day, and I see that the number of "missing requests" has not repaired itself, as some Profile stats do unless you exit the game and start it again!!!

It's SHOCKING, UNFAIR, and TOTALLY EASY TO VERIFY THIS BUG in this new update. Funzio (et all) HAVE to be aware of this, because at least 17 messages have been sent to them by my friends, colleagues [sp], etc., with ZERO replies from the Support Department or the company itself (or any associated companies tied to this game). So, nothing is being done about it.

REAL-TIME EXAMPLE: at 12:58 PM today, I have 1,301 Mafia members... there are 20 names of people who have gotten the "auto-invitte"... I select ANY 15 members (from Level 9 to Level 174) and "ACCEPT" each one individually. I see the "Member Counter" rising by 1 every time I MANUALLY ACCEPT any member in the queue. So my total number of Mafia members is now 1,315. There are 5 names left in the queue... but if I press "ACCEPT ALL", the number of Mafia members ONLY INCREASES BY 1, NOT BY 5 as it should have! This happened yesterday when I has 24 Requests come in, and I chose the ACCEPT ALL option, and saw (again) that I only gained ONE NEW MEMBER!

Yes, I have left the game, powered down my iPhone, let it sit for a good 30 minutes to make sure that ALL connection(s) to the AT&T network had been closed (even going so far as to temporarily disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes, then reconnecting it). STILL, THE GAME HAS THE SAME BUG / ISSUE / PROBLEM (choose your own term!) even after going thru all of the possible hardware solutions.

THE PROBLEM HAS BEEN ON FUNZIO'S END... NO ONE FROM MY "GROUP" HAS GOTTEN A REPLY BACK ON THIS SPECIFIC PROBLEM FROM THE COMPANY!

Sure, any player can manually ACCEPT each request, but this takes time and effort, which should NOT be the case!

If anyone else has experienced this problem, please report it to Funzio and also post your fidings to this thread. Unless enough people state there IS a known issue, it will not be resolved.

Thanks you reading this, and see if it also happening to anyone else!

Cheers... JPS. a.k.a. Maniac Medic

andyb
12-23-2012, 07:32 PM
i have been messaging them but no anwser
Take money then screw you over not happy jan

Linedoctor
12-23-2012, 08:18 PM
I reported a problem with a game transfer issue i caused a week a a half ago. No one ever answered me and now the game and real money I spent on gold are apparently lost in cyberspace. I can't recover the game without their help and there is no help. How long until they at least acknowledge these latest issues? I won't be recommending or playing any more if their games form now on. Unfortunately too far into this one to walk away but won't let that happen again.

CJ54
12-23-2012, 08:48 PM
Hey guys, I've let the developers know about the decoration issue.

Regarding tickets/messages sent in about this, we're working through a pretty big queue and it is nearing the major holiday of the year, but we'll get back to everyone as soon as we possibly can.

The "accept all" issue is not new, that one has been around for awhile and generally happens when you have more than 1000 mafia.

EDIT: From testing on my own iPad 2, it looks like the decoration issue is CCHD-only. If you download and log in through vanilla CCiOS, you should be able to select your buildings.

Dudebot121256
12-23-2012, 09:37 PM

Regarding tickets/messages sent in about this, we're working through a pretty big queue and it is nearing the major holiday of the year, but we'll get back to everyone as soon as we possibly can.

The "accept all" issue is not new, that one has been around for awhile and generally happens when you have more than 1000 mafia.

EDIT: From testing on my own iPad 2, it looks like the decoration issue is CCHD-only. If you download and log in through vanilla CCiOS, you should be able to select your buildings.I'm not sure if this has been established as well but my android smartphone does not have this decoration error on the latest update and dataset.

andyb
12-23-2012, 09:50 PM
do you know if there is going to be a fix for the "accept all" problem?
I have wasted alot of gold!

dudeman
12-23-2012, 10:03 PM

EDIT: From testing on my own iPad 2, it looks like the decoration issue is CCHD-only. If you download and log in through vanilla CCiOS, you should be able to select your buildings.

Is the boss event that failed to launch also a CCHD issue? Because I still can't see it in my goals and I haven't triggered a boss fight since Willie King was in town.

I would have replied by email, but I see you're online and may have a moment to enlighten many at once rather than provide a bit of clarity to only one.

:)

CJ54
12-23-2012, 10:15 PM
Is the boss event that failed to launch also a CCHD issue? Because I still can't see it in my goals and I haven't triggered a boss fight since Willie King was in town.

I would have replied by email, but I see you're online and may have a moment to enlighten many at once rather than provide a bit of clarity to only one.

:)

Honestly I'm not sure what's going on there, but I sent the devs an email about it. If I get word back I'll post, but it looks like no one is seeing the boss right now. They may have pulled it due to an issue, and I'm just out of the loop (communication chains are slowed by the holiday and by plane trips).

Linedoctor
12-23-2012, 11:20 PM
I deleted the hd version of Crime City and installed the regular version. The decoration issues are all but gone. (Still very sensitive but usable ) still needs to be fixed but at least the game is usable on the iPad for now. For all those having issues the swap to CC basic may a good TEMPORARY fix. Some of the menus are a pain to view but it beats the alternative.

CJ54
12-23-2012, 11:31 PM
I deleted the hd version of Crime City and installed the regular version. The decoration issues are all but gone. (Still very sensitive but usable ) still needs to be fixed but at least the game is usable on the iPad for now. For all those having issues the swap to CC basic may a good TEMPORARY fix. Some of the menus are a pain to view but it beats the alternative.

It is admittedly not ideal, but it's what we've got at the moment. I'm posting a dedicated thread with a more descriptive title.

Bush Maori
12-27-2012, 01:10 PM
Howdy. Is there any update on this issue in the HD version? I love the green and don't want to get out the chainsaw and start felling trees.

Time for an upgrade and can't select the buildings for the trees.

Cheers and beers

Sasha54
12-27-2012, 06:52 PM
Thank god, i thought i was the only one. My Avon account which is on my iPad can't select anything but trees. I've sent a ticket but it's highly annoying because i've got $111m saved to start my next NC upgrade but i can't select my NC.

Me too - very hard to finally select a building to do an upgrade - been like this for a while ...

Sasha54
12-27-2012, 06:54 PM
It is admittedly not ideal, but it's what we've got at the moment. I'm posting a dedicated thread with a more descriptive title.

No excuse.....Just bad programming - why don't you admit it.

Lonestoner
12-27-2012, 08:30 PM
My game works perfectly, all the time.. For example:

http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/1351/device20121221193409.png

THCraul
12-27-2012, 09:30 PM
Yup always get a pine tree ! Very annoying, then move the pine tree , try again and still picks a pine tree on the next block!!! WTF gree? Also a lot of 30-40 second freezing going on in the job worlds.
Hope they fix it soon
EEE

HAHAHAHA this is fcking awesome...... I am having the same problem and this all started i guess a few weeks back, earlier there were no such problem may be i guess the last update of CC is causing this issue.......Pine trees are the most irritating of all types even if you move it to say 6 or 8 blocks still it gets selected i mean wtf.....its totally insane... Gree people have become totally numskull....

blinktwice
12-28-2012, 12:31 AM
Yes, i have level 175, and in rivals list i can find only players with level 200.
They are to strong for my level. I have 29180/37000 and They have defense at list 64000

Seek & destroy
12-28-2012, 12:46 AM
Same issue with my device,go to check time to collect or how long left on upgrade & get trees & light post popping
Up its so frustrating need it fixed ASAP

Reaper69
12-28-2012, 08:28 AM
Am having the same problem of Trying to upgrade buildings but every time I click on a building it picks the nearest tree it's beginning to drive me crazy have tried contacting support but as of nearly 2 weeks nothing any advice will be grateful

Paulio
12-28-2012, 09:17 AM
^Dude, haven't you read this thread? That's what it is about.

Jackhammer
12-30-2012, 08:57 PM
This seems like a new problem since the last patch. I click a building and a tree is selected that is 3 to 4 buildings away?!?!?!?! This is making me crazy!!!!! (All the exclamation points were on purpose!)