PDA

View Full Version : Boss Vs Crates… What’s best for gold use?

Kiss Of Death
12-20-2012, 02:06 AM
Well this will no doubt attract my usual bout of disagreeable followers but it’s been nearly 4 months since I was on the forum, I’ve missed a lot and so I can only come back if I intend to start again the way I began in April 2012… with a long but serious look at a topic… But this time I’m not putting in all my calculations and arguments to validate the numbers I use.

“Indestructible units and how to best spend that gold…”

Those of you who’ve been around will have already read a few posts I did on the statistics and value of crates… if not, learn to search…

Ok, I’ve weighed this up and I think there are two ways to go Crates and Boss events. Many people complain about not being able to get to boss 35, 30 or even 25 with the special recently, so I’m going to put some food for thought on the table and YES ITS FOR THOSE WHO SPEND ON GOLD if necessary… if you’re not a gold spender just be damn happy you can get indestructible units for free and take your winging to threads dedicated to hating Gold spenders, GREE and the rest I don’t care about.

Disclaimer: If you are not on the highest level of boss rewards this does not provide better value than crates.

3 crates either cost you 145 or 175 gold, the difference being the units in the 175 sets have higher stats than those in the 145 sets. Given recent boss events I’d place the value of a ‘3 box’ set of Big Boss units at about 100 gold. The reason for that is the drop rate of boss event units in rare and uncommon is far lower than that of the triple crates. The attack and defense values are predominately lower than the ones in the 145 gold crates and finally there is no ‘rare rare’ in the big boss units that stands out like the one in the crate sets you can sometimes get. Some would argue three boss items would be less than 100 gold, I don’t care this is my calcs and it makes it nice and simple to follow.

So on this basis if you were to beat the boss with 35 indestructible items, AND the big boss item at the end which let’s face it when looking at LE sets would be a unit worth 1500-2000 gold as a one off item alone… well wow.

So if you were buying even crappy 145 unit crates, 36 items would cost you 1740 gold, you might end up with 5-6 rare (maybe one of those might be the good one) perhaps 9 uncommon and 15-16 common. Nice.

But then to beat the boss using gold (and this will vary for all: example it cost me 20 gold in total to get to boss 25 with my level 36 account, and only because I was on a phone call and couldn’t log in on boss 24 so didn’t have enough time to regenerate and couldn’t be stuffed waiting 2 more hours doing it again. And no gold used with my level 140 account) for normal account holders who don’t have massive crate unit and LE armies like me and others, if you can get to boss 35 using gold for health regenerations (Don’t use mega hits - 4xdamage vs. A Heal with 5xCash hits when you have the cash) then you will be far better off investing in the boss units than crates.

So budgeting 100 gold per 3 units for crappier but still great boss units, 36 units would cost 1200 gold vs. the 1740 above, AND the 36th unit has insane stats well above any 900 gold LE unit could dream of being….

On this basis you can safely budget 5 heals per 3 bosses, and given most of you currently free or light gold spenders seem to get to boss 12+ using cash hits only before you can’t beat them with those cash only hits... you’ll have banked some 20 heals up your sleeve to use in addition to the 5 per 3 bosses left to stay in budget.
It’s really just a matter of how much value you put on that final big prize as to how much if anything you’d go over 1200 gold to win that last boss. I’ve never spent more than 500 gold in my early days to get to the last boss and I felt compared to crates and LE items that was gold WELL spent.

Well this is a half baked and not at all planned out post but I just felt I had to post SOMETHING to get back into the swing of things again.

See you around ladies and gents.
:p

Baraka
12-20-2012, 02:17 AM
Sorry dont read big thread lol. But on the title. Bosses are way better for gold. The rares you could get are great.

Jhoemel
12-20-2012, 02:31 AM
Welcome back kod. Good to see u again

Fl@sh
12-20-2012, 03:22 AM
So budgeting 100 gold per 3 units for crappier but still great boss units, 36 units would cost 1200 gold vs. the 1740 above, AND the 36th unit has insane stats well above any 900 gold LE unit could dream of being….This right here.

Keep in mind the boss gets insanely expensive when you get to boss 30, whether it is your LLP or HLP. If you are able to sustain the economic load that the event creates, good for you. Some of us had to resort to gold hits because we ran out of in game cash.

ckos
12-20-2012, 04:00 AM
Nice seeing you posting again KOD.

Welcome back and hope to see more of you here

Hivesy
12-20-2012, 06:47 AM
Hey KOD welcome back. Wow with you and WP back in the fold it really does feel like old times

Kiss Of Death
12-20-2012, 07:56 AM
Thanks guys, had to post something to get my name up here again ;) x x x

Gambit12
12-20-2012, 08:06 AM
Welcome back KOD! I remember that avatar of yours & your the one that answer my question when i was a new guy - Question was: "What is PM stands for?" Lol! - That was my forum rookie question back in the old days...

Kiss Of Death
12-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Welcome back KOD! I remember that avatar of yours & your the one that answer my question when i was a new guy - Question was: "What is PM stands for?" Lol! - That was my forum rookie question back in the old days...

LMAO I remember that, nice to see you too

BigD@wg
12-20-2012, 09:46 AM
Welcome, glad to have you back KOD! Thought you were gone for good. Add me back as Allie if you like (146400220).

Selfproclaimed
12-20-2012, 11:11 AM
Welcome back KOD

Jhoemel
12-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Things are finally becoming like the old times again. Nice

Lou Sir
12-20-2012, 03:58 PM
Ok Im really scared now. Fist KOD back then the end of the world. Forgive me for thinking that you gotta something to do with this.
BTW, Hi, Im Newb

Sorry for posting out of subject here

Kiss Of Death
12-20-2012, 04:41 PM
Ok Im really scared now. Fist KOD back then the end of the world. Forgive me for thinking that you gotta something to do with this.
BTW, Hi, Im Newb

Sorry for posting out of subject here

I'd love to reply but since we are all dead after the world ended this isn't really happening :)