PDA

View Full Version : Bay City Leaderboard reward items - (Droid)

Chasm37
12-19-2012, 07:20 PM
Did anyone on droid receive items from the timed portion of this event?

Chuck Nuts
12-19-2012, 07:38 PM
How could we? The top 100 times were already claimed while the Android software update was still broken.

Chasm37
12-19-2012, 07:50 PM
According to the list the 100th place completed in 2days, 13 hours. We(droid) received 24 hours later. I completed it in 3h:30m. So if we were measured from the very start I would have finished in 1 day 3 hours.

Vito Corleone
12-20-2012, 01:47 AM
I think 100th time was 2days and 6 hours. I also completed the boss before that time but has yet to receive any item.

Seek & destroy
12-20-2012, 03:20 AM
What did the kills leaderboard was that just for show

Vito Corleone
12-20-2012, 03:49 AM
For top100 for kills yo needed 53.

Indianluke
12-20-2012, 07:28 AM
No one I'm aware of got the 100 prize for timed yet

Chasm37
12-20-2012, 07:47 AM
No one I'm aware of got the 100 prize for timed yet

Yes they have. All the players that were locked in from the server assigned to monitor time automatically received items as far as I know. I few of my associates have received timed prizes.

Chasm37
12-20-2012, 07:53 AM
If you guys recall they extended the events expiration day and time so that android will have a chance to compete. What I would hate to see happen is they totally ignore this or somehow weasel out of honoring droid players or any deserving player their due prizes.

BOS
12-20-2012, 08:06 AM
Yes they have. All the players that were locked in from the server assigned to monitor time automatically received items as far as I know. I few of my associates have received timed prizes.

Were they in the top 25 as well?

isshi
12-20-2012, 08:08 AM
some have the rewards for top 100. i got mine for the top 25 kill but not the top 25 time where i was 2nd. i am using an ipad.

BOS
12-20-2012, 08:18 AM
Received my car for coming in 34th for kills, have yet to see the gun for finishing shortly after the top 25.

(CK) EL
12-20-2012, 08:29 AM
Received my car for coming in 34th for kills, have yet to see the gun for finishing shortly after the top 25.

collect your chappel

Chasm37
12-20-2012, 08:31 AM
Were they in the top 25 as well?

Yes, all iOS. I don't think anyone on droid received prizes. What's worse is they claimed the event was extended because driod received it late. Well that caused everyone either in the top 100 or top 25 spend additional gold in order to keep position. That explains why the stats increase for the top 25 prizes during the time event was extended.

Bam Bam
12-20-2012, 08:31 AM
I contacted Gree about the timed event and they admit that no android player had a shot at competing for the top portion of that event since the timer was on the server and not on our devices. They haven't said what they are going to do to fix it yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them do something similar to what they did for IOS with the Chiefs car when the leader board was screwed up. So maybe all of the Android players will get lucky and get a free item whether they deserve it or not. I would say that everyone should just put in their tickets to force the issue a bit.

Chasm37
12-20-2012, 09:54 AM
I contacted Gree about the timed event and they admit that no android player had a shot at competing for the top portion of that event since the timer was on the server and not on our devices. They haven't said what they are going to do to fix it yet, but I wouldn't be surprised to see them do something similar to what they did for IOS with the Chiefs car when the leader board was screwed up. So maybe all of the Android players will get lucky and get a free item whether they deserve it or not. I would say that everyone should just put in their tickets to force the issue a bit.

Keep in mind they stated the event was extended so that droid players will have time to compete. There was never a mention that there wasn't a chance to compete for timed prizes. Many droid user spent extra gold in order to complete in time to receive timed prizes.

Bam Bam
12-20-2012, 10:13 AM
Keep in mind they stated the event was extended so that droid players will have time to compete. There was never a mention that there wasn't a chance to compete for timed prizes. Many droid user spent extra gold in order to complete in time to receive timed prizes.

I agree with that. I killed the boss in 3:08 so I felt like I deserved the top 25 and the top 100 prize and haven't gotten either one. They did refund the gold i spent before the event was updated so that it worked on Android. I personally won't be happy if they offer me just the top 100 prize because my time was definitely good enough for the top 25, so I want both. I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't get resolved until after the new year, since they are probably short staffed right now.

Either way, they need to do something. The only thing that extending the event did for me, was cost me an extra 6,000 gold to stay in the top 25. I'm sure that didn't hurt Gree's feelings when 100 people had to spend additional money to stay on the leaderboards.

Chasm37
12-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Here is a communication stream between support and me regarding droid and event delay issues.

Hey Cmooretln,

Thanks for the inquiry. There is a top 25 and a top 100 for this event. We extended the event so that Android users will have more time to compete since the event started late.

Regards,

CE

December 18, 2012 12:46
Cmooretln
CE,

I appreciate your reply. Does this mean android will be judged on the timed
portion of this event based on us receiving the "Build 78" upgrade 24 hours
after the iOS introduction?

I want to make sure I didn't spend gold on an event where the outcome was
already decided.

December 18, 2012 13:55
CE
GREE International Inc.
Hey Cmooretln,

Yes, the part of the leaderboard with the "Time Rank" is based on speed, not time started.

Regards,

CE

Chasm37
12-20-2012, 10:28 AM
I agree with that. I killed the boss in 3:08 so I felt like I deserved the top 25 and the top 100 prize and haven't gotten either one. They did refund the gold i spent before the event was updated so that it worked on Android. I personally won't be happy if they offer me just the top 100 prize because my time was definitely good enough for the top 25, so I want both. I wouldn't be surprised if this doesn't get resolved until after the new year, since they are probably short staffed right now.

Either way, they need to do something. The only thing that extending the event did for me, was cost me an extra 6,000 gold to stay in the top 25. I'm sure that didn't hurt Gree's feelings when 100 people had to spend additional money to stay on the leaderboards.

So did I. Gree has to be held accountable for this. I would like to stay in contact with you to see how things worked out for you. And the same goes for anyone that on droid that should of received event rewards but did not.

Bam Bam
12-20-2012, 10:40 AM
THIS IS MY DIALOGUE WITH GREE. THE OLDEST IS AT THE BOTTOM

GREE:

I am really, really sorry, but it seems that I have gotten some misinformation about this. While the Time Rank part IS based on speed, it is more of a race against the server time and therefore begins when the event begins, rather than when you begin. I am not yet sure of what, if any actions we are going to take for Android players, but I will let you know as soon as I do. Again, I deeply apologize for this error.

Regards,

CE

ME:

I'm not trying to question you on this, but it doesn't make sense to me.
The leaderboard for the timed event hasn't moved since I got the event.
That led me to believe that the timer on the leaderboard was based off of
the original release time and not the time that android had to update to
get the event to work properly. I would appreciate it if you could verify. I
would expect that you will find that no android players made the top 25
because of this. Thank you again for your time and for looking into this.

GREE:

Thanks for getting back to me. Do you mean that people were already on the leaderboard? It's not static, so if you have a better time than whoever is on there, you'll bump them off. It's just like the regular leaderboard events we run with the top 250 and whatnot.

Regards,

CE

ME:

Thank you! I feel like android players are excluded from the time
leaderboard though. When I downloaded the update to get the event, I
completed the time portion of the event within 3 hours and should easily be
in the top 25 for time. The top 25 was already set though, before I even
got a chance to play. That is what I meant by being excluded.

GREE:

Thanks so much for writing back. I have added 460 gold back to your account. We did extend the event to make up for lost time. Android players are not excluded from the leaderboard, but any progress made before the update was lost which is why I've been crediting gold spent back to people. I apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

CE

ME:

I did update and the event seems to work fine now. I spent gold before it
worked but I'm not too worried about that. I'm more concerned with the time
leaderboard. I finished that part of the event in just over 3 hours but am
not shown on the leaderboard. Is that another thing that android players
are excluded from because IOS got a 24 hour head start? If so, that is
very unfair, especially considering that I've spent a lot of money on this
game so far.

GREE:

Hey Cold,

Thanks for the message. Please update your game to Build 78 to have the correct data for the new event. If you spent gold on this event, please reply and I will get to you as soon as possible. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

CE

ME:
The event is not dropping bullets on android. Getting notes on pvp and pve.
I would like my wasted gold replaced.Thank you.

Chasm37
12-20-2012, 10:54 AM
Here's the rest of mine. Same reply with the exact wording.

Me:

OK Great, That is a relief to me because as you know android is delayed.
Can you please make sure to take a look at my completion time after event
ends tomorrow. Based on the time I competed after receiving the "Build 78"
update I should be in the top 25 in that leaderboard as well.

Thanks a lot CE!

Gree:

December 18, 2012 20:32
CE
GREE International Inc.
Hey Cmooretln,

I am really, really sorry, but it seems that I have gotten some misinformation about this. While the Time Rank part IS based on speed, it is more of a race against the server time and therefore begins when the event begins, rather than when you begin. I am not yet sure of what, if any actions we are going to take for Android players, but I will let you know as soon as I do. Again, I deeply apologize for this error.

Regards,

CE

December 19, 2012 11:25

ME:

Bottom line is I finished this event on android in approximately 3h:30m and
based on your top 25 timed event I have paid for and deserve both timed
items. If I don't receive these items I need someone from Gree to call me
on my cell phone and give me a legitimate reason as to why I
shouldn't.

These errors are consistent when it comes to android in just about every
event. I have spend approximately 15 vaults of gold on this event. Surely
you guys are going to make good on the timed event items.

I need an answer as soon as possible.

Regards,

Vito Corleone
12-20-2012, 11:11 AM
The top100 place in the leaderboard, both for kills and time, weren't visible until Monday. The person that I saw was in place100 for kills had at that moment 1 kill and nr 100 in time had 2days and 6 hours. 1 kill means that you have more or lest just defeated the boss. The top100 for time didn't change throughout the rest of the event. Can it be that first on Monday 100 persons had actually defeated the boss? And that's why the top100 listings became available first then.

Chasm37
12-20-2012, 11:21 AM
The top100 place in the leaderboard, both for kills and time, weren't visible until Monday. The person that I saw was in place100 for kills had at that moment 1 kill and nr 100 in time had 2days and 6 hours. 1 kill means that you have more or lest just defeated the boss. The top100 for time didn't change throughout the rest of the event. Can it be that first on Monday 100 persons had actually defeated the boss? And that's why the top100 listings became available first then.

I don't quite understand your inquiry. Are you saying you didn't see a position change thoughout the timed event?

Vito Corleone
12-20-2012, 11:33 AM
I don't quite understand your inquiry. Are you saying you didn't see a position change thoughout the timed event?
Yes I didn't see any change. On Saturday when the event came for Android the top25 was fixed. First on Monday there was a top100 listing in the time leaderboard. And that one never changed throughout the rest of the event. So the question is if they had made a mistake and didn't include the top100 listing in the leaderboard until Monday? Or if it was first then when 100 players actually had beaten the boss...which perhaps make sense because nr100 in the kills leaderboard had 1 kill at Monday morning or so. I.e. more or less just defeating the boss.

Chasm37
12-20-2012, 12:00 PM
Yes I didn't see any change. On Saturday when the event came for Android the top25 was fixed. First on Monday there was a top100 listing in the time leaderboard. And that one never changed throughout the rest of the event. So the question is if they had made a mistake and didn't include the top100 listing in the leaderboard until Monday? Or if it was first then when 100 players actually had beaten the boss...which perhaps make sense because nr100 in the kills leaderboard had 1 kill at Monday morning or so. I.e. more or less just defeating the boss.

I think the problem was droid wasn't programmed back into the server that monitors time. In order to built droid back in they would have to start everything over. Basically the way I see it everybody ended up paying more than they would have paid. The difference is there were many iOS users that wouldn't have been in the top 100 if droid was added back in. So that mishap was to their benefit. However we(droid) users didn't get counted even though some of us finished ahead of the 25th/100th place time. The way I see it if this event's time was extended to allow us to compete and Gree didn't say anything about us not being included in the timed portion. Either way they need to make good on this event. I don't want "I truly apologize and here's some gold back for the trouble". I want the items I competed for, paid for and earned..........period.

bru747
12-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Great discussion. I'm an iOs user and i still got the event late. I completed the timed event in under 2 hours. You all are lucky you have gotten answers from customer service. I am still waiting. I was told that they are short staffed and that the issue was being researched, to be patient, until Jan. 2 or after.

isshi
12-20-2012, 03:21 PM

I killed the boss in like 7 minutes, timers were not right