PDA

View Full Version : 50% off gold and cash on Christmas Day!

HGF69
12-19-2012, 11:31 AM
Who thinks Gree should make a gesture of goodwill to players on Christmas Day by knocking 50% off gold and cash?

It would be an ideal way to thank us for our participation and patience.

I've laid down the gauntlet now Gree, the balls in your court!

Add a reply if you'd like to see this happen please.

procsyzarc
12-19-2012, 11:40 AM
They won't, they already made the mistake of going to 40% if they start to do it regularly then people will only buy on sale (like many do with 20% sales) which in effect just reduces the price of gold which is great for some of us (bad for those who are poor and even at discount can't afford or justify it since they have more gold players to deal with) but will have mixed results for them.

Every game that has regular sales just ends up making them permenant.

Chips
12-19-2012, 12:27 PM
With the Anniversary Building, most would have to buy it with real money. For those that haven't, this might tempt them to spend the money. Maybe a cash only sale, no gold sale, or lesser discount on gold.

I might be tempted at a 90% off cash sale, to get my second Ann. Bldg. I know, I know, they wouldn't do 90% off, just saying, that's what buying cash is worth to me, even to get a limited building.

HGF69
12-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Well if they want to make more money, this is one way to tempt anyone sitting undecided, it would swing it for me!

Shinazueli
12-19-2012, 12:44 PM
I think it'd be more interesting to not allow in game cash to be bought for real money. That'd make for some fun at higher levels as the heavy gold spenders would be forced to raid/attack for money or build a real base.

fearandrea
12-19-2012, 12:50 PM
That'd be nice.

Seek & destroy
12-19-2012, 01:18 PM
I think it a great idea HGF69 they have to do something for us for Xmas

Baraka
12-19-2012, 01:25 PM
Wat a good idea lol. I'd buy.

Shinazueli
12-19-2012, 01:34 PM
I think it a great idea HGF69 they have to do something for us for Xmas

This is the wrong attitude. It's a (semi) free game. They have to do absolutely nothing. This sense of entitlement is, among other things, is a problem I'm seeing more and more of.

The only thing Gree "has" to do (assuming they are a publicly traded company) is turn a profit for their shareholders. Which they do. Everything else just supports that goal. They make their events almost possible to win the medium prize for a free player, capitalizing on the tantalizingly out of reach shiny object. For those willing to spend money on the game, they make the top prize ridiculously overpowered and throw players in the pit together. They outsource support to make it cheaper and make more money. They come up with new and inventive ways of tempting the player to spend. (AC, I'm looking at you.) This is what they do. And I've come to accept it, nothing will change. They operate on a shoestring budget for development because they don't sell the game to each and every player. If they did charge for the game, many people wouldn't start playing, and as the game all but requires massive amounts of players for pvp purposes, that wouldn't work. The only way to get good service and a great game out of them would be to fork over an installation fee, and maybe even a subscription fee, like most successful MMO's do. But I have a feeling that would decimate the ranks of 8 year olds playing the game for free on their moms iPad, and then where would we be. With no rivals list and a Pve only kind of game with like 2 people in each bracket.

TLDR: All of the things you (and I) have come to expect from good games cost money. This is a free game. You get what you pay for.

richie1105
12-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Yeah me to I hope there is a sale Xmas day also because I'm defo getting the Ann Building and was defo going to get it Friday but now I'll wait, but if not i will get it regardless any way

jay_usher
12-19-2012, 04:10 PM
I'd buy ;) always good to hope

VileDoom
12-19-2012, 04:39 PM
As a free player this is a terrible idea. :p

KtCLakeville
12-19-2012, 04:53 PM
I think it would be really nice if they gfited each active player some free gems! I think it would make those that have never bought and used gems see what they are missing, and encourage future buying. Maybe gift 250 gems? enough to give a taste. Maybe on every major holiday!! I know I jumped at the chance to buy during the ale, but them I also buy when there is an event I really want to succeed at. Sales are a great idea. I'm really hoping for one!!

DVL505
12-19-2012, 06:41 PM
This is the wrong attitude. It's a (semi) free game. They have to do absolutely nothing. This sense of entitlement is, among other things, is a problem I'm seeing more and more of.

The only thing Gree "has" to do (assuming they are a publicly traded company) is turn a profit for their shareholders. Which they do. Everything else just supports that goal. They make their events almost possible to win the medium prize for a free player, capitalizing on the tantalizingly out of reach shiny object. For those willing to spend money on the game, they make the top prize ridiculously overpowered and throw players in the pit together. They outsource support to make it cheaper and make more money. They come up with new and inventive ways of tempting the player to spend. (AC, I'm looking at you.) This is what they do. And I've come to accept it, nothing will change. They operate on a shoestring budget for development because they don't sell the game to each and every player. If they did charge for the game, many people wouldn't start playing, and as the game all but requires massive amounts of players for pvp purposes, that wouldn't work. The only way to get good service and a great game out of them would be to fork over an installation fee, and maybe even a subscription fee, like most successful MMO's do. But I have a feeling that would decimate the ranks of 8 year olds playing the game for free on their moms iPad, and then where would we be. With no rivals list and a Pve only kind of game with like 2 people in each bracket.

TLDR: All of the things you (and I) have come to expect from good games cost money. This is a free game. You get what you pay for.
I totally agree with you, people have to realize this is a business and be thankful for any freebie Gree gives them and especially to the big gold spenders who actually finance the game for the free player. Maybe we should all give Gree a 50.00 iTunes card for Christmas instead?

Shinazueli
12-19-2012, 06:50 PM
I totally agree with you, people have to realize this is a business and be thankful for any freebie Gree gives them and especially to the big gold spenders who actually finance the game for the free player. Maybe we should all give Gree a 50.00 iTunes card for Christmas instead?

Now, I wouldn't go that far. Gree does have some major problems, first and foremost, they need to fire 99% of their support staff and hire some English speaking ones that have ever played a video game in their lives. They need to realize that the free player makes this game possible because otherwise the gold players would leave if they had nobody to beat on. They need to rebalance the gold units, either by giving them a chance to be destructible, or lowering their stats. The free player needs to be able to compete, given enough time to develop. This wouldn't hurt their sales. Last, and certainly not least, hire a community manager or two that actually read the forums more than once a day. Seriously, a group of retarded monkeys could do a better job of communicating game issues and developments.

All of this aside, they are in business to make money. This must be their paramount concern. And cannot be forgotten.

Chips
12-19-2012, 07:23 PM
What makes you think you are ENTITLED to a good support staff. I've been seeing this kinda attitude for a while now. They don't owe you any support, just be happy with what they give you.

VileDoom
12-19-2012, 07:50 PM
What makes you think you are ENTITLED to a good support staff. I've been seeing this kinda attitude for a while now. They don't owe you any support, just be happy with what they give you.

You troll well. ;)

Shinazueli
12-19-2012, 08:36 PM
You troll well. ;)
Lol. Indeed.

HGF69
12-21-2012, 12:19 AM
Bag humbug to some of you, what happened to goodwill towards others :-)

Warfiend
12-21-2012, 02:48 AM

Actually it's the right attitude. We don't exist to play this game, this game exists for us to play. That's where their money comes from. Your observations about people having an unreasonable sense of entitlement, is probably a fair one in many instances, but it is not applicable here. This is a symbiotic relationship. they provide a "free" game, the players provide a critical form of content that helps drive the game to profitability(how much money would it cost gree to design thousands of different bases and put each one under the control of an AI that develops the bases and builds up forces, to give paying customers as robust a rival list?). That's how this business model works.

Players should feel free to express exactly what they think Gree should do, and I'll bet you an anniversary building, that Gree wants their players expressing what they want Gree to do. There are companies who don't have this level of communication with their customers that have to pay for focus groups to figure out what their customers want. Just by players saying here what they want, we're providing Gree with business intelligence that some businesses have to pay for.

I like the idea of a 50 percent gold discount on Christmas. With all the great changes in 3.0, that would entice me to spend some Christmas cash.

Gezy
12-21-2012, 06:48 AM
Has anyone else noticed that the normal priced gold is falsely advertised

50 gold £2.99
110 gold £6.99 includes 10% extra free

But the 110 gold is actually higher gold per pound fee, surely it's meant to be £5.99?

It's been like that for ages though, seems like a con to me to try and charge people more

MerlinBlack
12-21-2012, 06:55 AM
Has anyone else noticed that the normal priced gold is falsely advertised

50 gold £2.99
110 gold £6.99 includes 10% extra free

But the 110 gold is actually higher gold per pound fee, surely it's meant to be £5.99?

It's been like that for ages though, seems like a con to me to try and charge people more

That's...quite funny. It's correct in the US version. 4.99 for 50, 9.99 for 110.