PDA

View Full Version : Deleting faction members bug?

HGF69
12-19-2012, 12:14 AM
Anyone having probs deleting a person from their faction. Tried several times to boot a freeloader and won't remove him.

Ph4ntom Stranger
12-19-2012, 05:10 AM
If he/she is an android player that would be the problem. Support is working on a fix for glitches with integrating android and ios players in the factions.

fearandrea
12-19-2012, 06:32 AM
Yes we have that same problem. It is very frustrating! No help yet.

FYV
12-19-2012, 08:34 AM
Have same problem... SOOOOOOO Annoying! Can u post an update in here please when u know it's fixed? Thank you.

Fi.

Chief Meech
12-22-2012, 04:52 PM
Yes same problem I'm trying to boot some players here!

PIRATE JUSTICE
12-22-2012, 07:21 PM
Just let the mooches stay, delete them as allies, and attack them for their cash. Or, contact your neighborhood pirate in the game, and ask for the "salty Sam solution". That should solve things for you.

dads
12-22-2012, 11:15 PM
Dont help if there lower than the pirates lvl.as much as I respect that solution.
The free loaders or leeches as I call the are ussaly in multiple factions,if you can find out if they are like i did today,report them for exploting a glitch as its against tog.Mabye if we get gree noticing more the priority will go up getting the issue fixed sooner.

SevenO9
12-22-2012, 11:59 PM
Attacking them doesn't solve the real issue. Those 'dead meat' memeber prevent us from bringing in active, strong players to grow our bonuses and ultimately do well in the domination event.

1brent1
12-23-2012, 12:30 AM
I have 2 freeloading members I can't remove either, following along.
I get error saying:

Server Error
Updating Faction Data

I'm wondering if an Officer Invited them and their Android Users, cause I don't recall adding them. I'm iSO.

dads
12-23-2012, 01:47 AM
It doesn't matter who recuited them if thier on Droid. That's the exact MSG you get.

PIRATE JUSTICE
12-23-2012, 03:10 AM
It was very clever to send out hundreds of android accounts to covertly corrupt the process.

1earEddie
12-23-2012, 06:49 AM
Dont help if there lower than the pirates lvl.as much as I respect that solution.
The free loaders or leeches as I call the are ussaly in multiple factions,if you can find out if they are like i did today,report them for exploting a glitch as its against tog.Mabye if we get gree noticing more the priority will go up getting the issue fixed sooner.

Argh...we have pirates on patrol at every level...let us know if we can help...
easy to salt that dog! ....your friendly neighborhood pirate is here for ...
well...all of our friendly neighbors

Kevin Harvey
12-23-2012, 12:27 PM
Anyone having probs deleting a person from their faction. Tried several times to boot a freeloader and won't remove him.
I have the same problem. I can not remove members. It all started when I accepted Terminator into my faction the US Wolverines. I have contacted support but they suck at helping me.

Grrr
12-27-2012, 01:13 PM

I have the same issue with two members. Can Funzio help us with this?

Redwolf
12-27-2012, 04:01 PM
I'm having the same issue.

Morphlingman
12-27-2012, 06:33 PM
I have the same issue, he says he uses an iPad, so i don't know. I've been communicating with him, says he want to participate, but cannot. I'm afraid to invite him again, incase it happens again.
support took over a week to respond, they then said they will remove him shortly, what is shortly exactly?

Major Silverback
12-27-2012, 06:45 PM
I have the same issue, he says he uses an iPad, so i don't know. I've been communicating with him, says he want to participate, but cannot. I'm afraid to invite him again, incase it happens again.
support took over a week to respond, they then said they will remove him shortly, what is shortly exactly?

He's probably telling the truth. I'm having the same problem on my iPad. I can't see anything in the faction, but they can see me. Just my luck I guess, I wait to join a faction to give them time to fix bug, then when I try to join: Bug! The leader tried to remove me so he could invite and try again, but he couldn't.
Mxz and I sent messages to support to resolve the matter. Hope it's resolved soon.

Archer59
12-27-2012, 08:44 PM
Describe the issue here...
I have 2 players in my faction that can't see they're in, can't donate, can't be deleted. They are captain Matthews , level 109, and Pong, level 47. My faction, 48th TFW should be reimbursed the money, 180 million, it cost us to upgrade those two positions. I read the Funzio forum and this is a widespread problem. Every faction experiencing this issue should be compensated. Please do what is right by us.

Copy of a "ticket" sent.

Big John
12-28-2012, 07:48 AM
Good call Archer, my faction hasn't a lot of cash and I spent 30m to get 2 extra players who then can't participate.

HGF69
12-28-2012, 08:03 AM
They better fix this before Brazil as we have 3 android players.

Does anyone else's faction always show 1 less member than what they have eg 43/44 even tho they have 44 members?

BigBassTurd
12-28-2012, 11:24 AM
They better fix this before Brazil as we have 3 android players.

Does anyone else's faction always show 1 less member than what they have eg 43/44 even tho they have 44 members?Maybe it is like counting a room full of people and forgetting to count yourself :)

zaraza...
12-29-2012, 06:01 AM
same here with deleting players. espesially when they are inactive. have many good pending requests and theres nothing i can do. bunch of dead weight that i cant get rid of. this bug has to be fixed now. sick of waiting and emailing support for help with zero response

gwmac
12-29-2012, 11:32 AM
Same problem for about 2 weeks now. Server Error updating faction data. I am the leader but I guess one of my officers accepted these two players. They are both very low level players and haven't contributed even $1 or one concrete. Completely inactive and useless. The rest of us work hard to buy bonuses and fortifications and these freeloaders reap the rewards without doing jack all.

I cant delete a level 13 player named Lee or a level 28 player called Waters. My faction is called Southeastern conference (tag is SEC) with 28/28 players but these freeloaders make it hard to grow or get stronger. Hope Funzio or Gree do something about this bug soon.

Big John
12-29-2012, 11:54 AM
It's not the players fault, some are in multiple factions but they can't do anything.

Big John
12-30-2012, 04:40 AM
I'm beginning to wonder if these players are exploiting the glitch by being in multiple factions.

Are they getting the bonuses from every faction?

General Nu
12-30-2012, 06:58 AM
It's not the players fault, some are in multiple factions but they can't do anything.

I saw comments on a faction members wall that made it look like he was in multiple factions. I have tried to kick players as well with no luck. I don't think the iPad has anything to do with not being able to participate because one of my contributors is using the iPad.

Another glitch is the attack and defence stats. Mine are lower when viewed by another faction member. Almost as if the advance research increases are removed.

Big John
12-30-2012, 07:03 AM
I saw comments on a faction members wall that made it look like he was in multiple factions. I have tried to kick players as well with no luck. I don't think the iPad has anything to do with not being able to participate because one of my contributors is using the iPad.

Another glitch is the attack and defence stats. Mine are lower when viewed by another faction member. Almost as if the advance research increases are removed.
It's mostly an android problem and the stats you see are the unboosted ones.

mikebarth1955
12-30-2012, 07:09 AM

I went through the members of my faction that were also on my allies list and compared A/D stats. The A/D for both are unboosted, as pointed out in Big John's post, but they did not match. The Attack scores were the same in both the faction link and in the allies link, but the Defense scores were uniformly off by 300-1200 points. I just assumed it was because of the faction boost.

Kevin Harvey
12-30-2012, 05:45 PM
Droid users should not be mixed with apple users.

Kevin Harvey
12-30-2012, 05:48 PM
Droid users should not be mixed with apple users. I have 4 Ghost. Terminator, Alonso, Brian & b. $300 billion wasted!

General Nu
12-31-2012, 07:58 AM
I have at least 9 users of 22 that have this glitch. That's 9 members that could be donating! Is there a fix coming???

Ascent
12-31-2012, 12:40 PM
Did anyone succeed to remove such glitched players using a ticket? Did Gree remove anyone manually yet?

HGF69
12-31-2012, 12:41 PM
Nope no manual removals yet mate

CPT Salem
12-31-2012, 01:41 PM
Three player ghosts that I cannot remove. Get a server error and updating faction message. Sent multiple emails and no response. Players needing removal are:

Mick
Fukuyama masaharu
Chotu

They all say they are not even in a faction from what they can see. Cant delete them and have lost a lot of money and time with them filling spots for potential recruits.

licker_low
12-31-2012, 02:06 PM
We have a parasite named "babak" Lvl 91. He's in multiple factions. Myself and others sent tickets to Gree - nothing

nic4msu
01-01-2013, 07:06 AM
Our faction has the same problem with 2 players. There's no indication that they are in any way benefitting, but it is a serious problem for all factions that have accepted them. Like everyone else, we are unable to drop them, and they are unable to participate in our faction. We have advised these players not to attempt to join additional factions until Gree has resolved this problem. I hope that all factions who have this problem will likewise advise their glitched players that this is an ongoing problem, and ask them not to attempt to join other factions until Gree has notified them that they have fixed the problem - so as not to further exacerbate the issue.

Our glitched players are:
Level 194 general soap (iOS)
Level 186 MR Gan (platform unknown)

MrDenny
01-01-2013, 07:17 AM
There is a big bug in this game. Android users cannot be booted from a faction. What's worse is they are useless members to the faction because they cannot donate our participate in the form. They are taking up valuable slots in the faction. Please please please fix this soon.

Jacko99
01-01-2013, 07:48 AM
I have 5 of these members, annoying to say the least. Considering how much each slot is worth it's an awful bug and should be fixed as a priority. I sent a ticket in today and fully expect a manual fix tomorrow. We will see! I will let you know if gree fix tomorrow.

Minister Timothy
01-01-2013, 07:55 AM
I am an android user and I hate this attitude towards them(me). The factions were up for about a week before the update even came to android. Because of the upcoming events I am sure gree took a chance in sending the update hoping that it would work out seeing they were going on holidays. Not at all android players faults that they are " taking up space". I would love to be involved with my faction helping out, as I am sure would most. The problem is not those who are not in and want to, but those who are in and freeload, and do not participate. My hlp has not been able to budge in a/d because of the fighting required to get bricks and the casualties involved with it, yet I still do what I can and am still donating 4 mil a day. Lay off the android users and blame gree for this situation. They would only be useless if they refused to help and you still could not boot them.

Charles of the PFJ
01-01-2013, 08:00 AM
We have a parasite named "babak" Lvl 91. He's in multiple factions. Myself and others sent tickets to Gree - nothing

We also have this babak in the PFJ and cannot delete him, just get server error, upon reading his profile comments he is in many factions, never donates a thing, doesn't reply to comments.... We are at 32/32 members and it would be be good if gree could sort this out as other players who are potentially a lot better could be accepted. I contacted support and no reply as yet apart from confirmation email

MrDenny
01-01-2013, 12:40 PM
I understand it's not your fault. The perfect solution is they fixed the glitch and you become a participating member in your respective factions. At this moment in time however a faction with a lot of android users in it is falling behind every day.

I am an android user and I hate this attitude towards them(me). The factions were up for about a week before the update even came to android. Because of the upcoming events I am sure gree took a chance in sending the update hoping that it would work out seeing they were going on holidays. Not at all android players faults that they are " taking up space". I would love to be involved with my faction helping out, as I am sure would most. The problem is not those who are not in and want to, but those who are in and freeload, and do not participate. My hlp has not been able to budge in a/d because of the fighting required to get bricks and the casualties involved with it, yet I still do what I can and am still donating 4 mil a day. Lay off the android users and blame gree for this situation. They would only be useless if they refused to help and you still could not boot them.

nic4msu
01-01-2013, 12:47 PM
From everything I've been able to discern, the glitched players - both Android and iOS - did not intentionally join multiple factions. As many of us did when this first began, they made requests to multiple factions after their first choice didn't immediately accept them. Unbeknownst to them, they'd been accepted, but due to the glitch, the faction box never switched from the join faction screen to the joined faction screen. They kept trying to join more factions in hopes that someone would take them, and the glitch made them permanent but non-participating members of each faction. They don't seem to be getting the bonuses from any of the factions - from what I've heard. I have a lot of sympathy for them. I don't think they're gaming the system or intentionally messing with anyone's factions. They just want to try to participate, and aren't sure why they can't see any factions. They are missing out on the most exciting improvement we've seen to this game. Once they become aware of the problem, though, it is their responsibility to stop trying to join factions until the glitch has been fixed.

From the factions' standpoint, these players are taking up very costly spaces -- some of which cost in excess of $1,200,000,000!!! It's understandable that the factions are frustrated and angry, and want these players either participating or out. It may not be the player's fault, but their presence on the roster puts the faction at a significant disadvantage against factions that don't have any glitched members. Not only are the glitched members unable to donate, but when the battles begin they'll be taking up space from a potential fighter.

dads
01-01-2013, 01:30 PM
Glitched players can respond to I'm game wall post However they choose not to,not met one free loader who has responded,bar one who responded with profanities.there is more going on than just glicthed players,there is a lot off players abuseing this glitch.about 80% off requests we get are from leeches. Some players are really showing their true colors,yeah I get it if it's not your fault however I guess if it wasn't you would at the very least respond to a I'm game wall post.

nothing2seehere
01-01-2013, 01:59 PM
Might stop calling them freeloaders. I'm an android user affected by this bug, and I would like nothing better than to actively participate in the faction I've joined. But until the devs fix it, this affects both the leaders and the members who've joined a faction, fully expecting it to work. Not our fault they felt the need to push this out just before the holidays without fully testing it.

I'd also like to know what "benefits" I'm getting by being an inactive member of a faction. My attack/defense level and IPH are all mine, that I've worked for. What invisible benefit am I getting? Idiot.

nothing2seehere
01-01-2013, 02:11 PM
It turns out I'm in two factions that I know of, one I wasn't aware I'd been accepted into, and one in which I've worked with both the leader and second-in-command to resolve, along with the obligatory (and totally useless) ticket to support. No resolution yet, but I've let the leader of the other faction know that I can't participate in the faction, and to remove me if he can. I'm not sure if he was able to; I don't think English is his first language, and I had to reply several times in simple words before I think he understood what I was saying.
Needless to say, I'd like more than anything to help the faction I did knowingly join, and this bug is as frustrating to me as it is to the people who have non-participants in their factions. On the bright side, I doubt there's many factions that now *don't* have one of these people, so everyone is affected, hopefully.
I'm just waiting for Gree at this point. Yawn.

dads
01-01-2013, 02:56 PM
I dont know about anyone else. i do know when I use the term free loader is used in it rightful way.
That's term is used to describe a leech not someone who wants to donate but someone who doesn',all a person has to do is respond to a in game post & I would easily understand however when repeated Attemps at communication fail them what can you say?

spitfire
01-01-2013, 02:58 PM
Some faction members claim they don't see a forum or donate button and they can't even be booted from the faction. GREE needs this sorted ASAP before world domination event

dads
01-01-2013, 03:23 PM
It turns out I'm in two factions that I know of, one I wasn't aware I'd been accepted into, and one in which I've worked with both the leader and second-in-command to resolve, along with the obligatory (and totally useless) ticket to support. No resolution yet, but I've let the leader of the other faction know that I can't participate in the faction, and to remove me if he can. I'm not sure if he was able to; I don't think English is his first language, and I had to reply several times in simple words before I think he understood what I was saying.
Needless to say, I'd like more than anything to help the faction I did knowingly join, and this bug is as frustrating to me as it is to the people who have non-participants in their factions. On the bright side, I doubt there's many factions that now *don't* have one of these people, so everyone is affected, hopefully.
I'm just waiting for Gree at this point. Yawn.

no he can't boot you,just like you can't leave at least you tried.just wish the ones we have would even post back let try.
Props at trying I give you that.

SlashRacer
01-01-2013, 05:28 PM
This is a huge bug the developers are probably pulling their hair out on trying to resolve. I have a few of these in my faction taking up valuable space because they can not donate, leave, or be removed. I hope GREE post pones the final battle until this is resolved.

dads
01-01-2013, 05:54 PM
A bump for the person that actally comicated,now my faith in humanity is restored slightly.

cOsMiC-tRiGgEr
01-01-2013, 07:14 PM
I dont know about anyone else. i do know when I use the term free loader is used in it rightful way.
That's term is used to describe a leech not someone who wants to donate but someone who doesn',all a person has to do is respond to a in game post & I would easily understand however when repeated Attemps at communication fail them what can you say?

A freeloader is someone who tries to get something for nothing.. Benefits off the backs of others. Your definition hinges on some sort of communication component... regardless of whether the person is indeed getting something for nothing. We have FIVE ghosts in my faction. A crippling number to say the least. Some have responded back to my initial inquiries. Some didn't. ALL of them had idiots posting on their walls talking about "hacking this".. "Freeloading that".. literally.. Dozens of posts on their walls with profanity laced complaints. What many people did.. Was to send requests to numerous factions.. and now that they are taking up precious room.. All the factions are coming out of the woodwork to whine and complain on their walls. So I wouldn't take it too personally if most of them choose not to respond.

The ONLY source of anxiety in this should be with gree(d) itself. No responses to support emails.. besides my first complaint. To which they replied that the problem had been FIXED and that they would manually pull the ghost players out. Once I saw this I thought it would be safe to start adding players once more.. And sure enough got stuck again. My own idiot fault for not waiting it out further. Unfortunately, continued growth (guild increases) necessitates adding people. But at the VERY LEAST gree(d) should respond to emails and post some kind of comprehensive response on here so we understand what the hell is going on ey? For Christ's sake

dads
01-01-2013, 08:18 PM
A freeloader is someone who tries to get something for nothing.. Benefits off the backs of others. Your definition hinges on some sort of communication component... regardless of whether the person is indeed getting something for nothing. We have FIVE ghosts in my faction. A crippling number to say the least. Some have responded back to my initial inquiries. Some didn't. ALL of them had idiots posting on their walls talking about "hacking this".. "Freeloading that".. literally.. Dozens of posts on their walls with profanity laced complaints. What many people did.. Was to send requests to numerous factions.. and now that they are taking up precious room.. All the factions are coming out of the woodwork to whine and complain on their walls. So I wouldn't take it too personally if most of them choose not to respond.

The ONLY source of anxiety in this should be with gree(d) itself. No responses to support emails.. besides my first complaint. To which they replied that the problem had been FIXED and that they would manually pull the ghost players out. Once I saw this I thought it would be safe to start adding players once more.. And sure enough got stuck again. My own idiot fault for not waiting it out further. Unfortunately, continued growth (guild increases) necessitates adding people. But at the VERY LEAST gree(d) should respond to emails and post some kind of comprehensive response on here so we understand what the hell is going on ey? For Christ's sake

No I just cut my reply short & didnt explian myself well as I have posted more than enough about this,i was the vey first to post about this problem the thread I delted due to some trolls,so you won't find it. Yes I do have a issiue with the free loaders not responding. I do mean free loaders in the sense you put it someone who is trying to get something for nothing & we have the same problem with the crippling amount & reading your post I guess I should just take the no response part with a pinch off salt.

It's very simple I don't blame any player that joined unknowingly knowing that the wouldn't be able to donate.I do have a issiue with the players that did know & there are a quite a few that did know exactually what they where doing. I respect your post & your views. I just think its about time gree sorted this out they knew about it before they put 3.0 out to the public as the beta testers told them that's the real issiue at the end off the day.

I guess it's time I called this a day as posting here isn't going to change anything I will still be throwing money into my faction & the non donators will still benefit until gree eventally sorts this out.

Clank
01-07-2013, 07:18 PM
I agree. Faction upgrade prices are insane, and we have to host these players and still pay for another upgrade to get two more players that might be buggy too.
Describe the issue here...I have 2 players in my faction that can't see they're in, can't donate, can't be deleted. They are captain Matthews , level 109, and Pong, level 47. My faction, 48th TFW should be reimbursed the money, 180 million, it cost us to upgrade those two positions. I read the Funzio forum and this is a widespread problem. Every faction experiencing this issue should be compensated. Please do what is right by us. Copy of a "ticket" sent.

Q Raider
01-07-2013, 07:44 PM
I have an account which is currently a "ghost member" of a faction.

It receives no faction specific bonuses whatsoever, a fact I easily confirmed by comparing information between a supposed faction account and a known non-faction one.

No income bonus.
No faster energy bonus.
There are certainly other bonuses but as I have never seen the faction possibilities I cannot comment on them.

Therefore as far as I can see, the term "freeloader" is incorrectly applied.

FromAfar
01-07-2013, 08:48 PM
any progress noted form CJ? i haven't seen anything... maybe i missed it.

and to the folks blaming the BUGgers, please dont. it is a programmer thing. if the programmers did their job, or do their job by fixing things, it will resolve the issue and things can be as they are supposed to be.

so many things about this new aspect of the game just don't work, it seems ???qa??? and i use the term reluctantly, is pretty much non-existent.

Milspec1
01-08-2013, 07:43 AM
Respond & FIX this or i'm not spending another DIME with your company.. thousands of unanswered tickets by people. We invest alot of time and money into this game, get it right and be proactive!

Darren M
01-08-2013, 06:56 PM
Agreed. This is BS. As a software developer myself I'm shocked at some of the bugs and crashes I've seen. I've been playing this game for damn near a year and I keep telling myself "Just be patient, this will get better." It did for a while but this new "bug" of not updating faction information is BS in my opinion. The conspiracy theorist in me believes it isn't a bug at all, it is an intentional move for some reason. The reasoning behind this? I can promote and demote the person I want to kick, but I can't kick them?!?!?! A bit shady to me. However, I don't know their code and the transmissions are all encrypted so......

ProCision
01-09-2013, 04:28 AM
we were able to delete members in out faction last week, this week we can not. I wish they would fix this.

Major Silverback
01-09-2013, 12:35 PM
any progress noted form CJ? i haven't seen anything... maybe i missed it.

and to the folks blaming the BUGgers, please dont. it is a programmer thing. if the programmers did their job, or do their job by fixing things, it will resolve the issue and things can be as they are supposed to be.

so many things about this new aspect of the game just don't work, it seems ???qa??? and i use the term reluctantly, is pretty much non-existent.

Fromafar, it appears that our faction was fixed. The two ghost, one was me, are now in the faction and participating:)

nic4msu
01-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Our ghosts are still unable to participate - although they eagerly await the day that they can!

Budday
01-09-2013, 01:13 PM
These players your calling free loaders are not able to participate at all in the faction. They don't know that they are even in a faction. I am a leader of one and have 6 or 7 of these players stuck in my faction. It's very frustrating but these people aren't getting any benefits from it. So everyone needs to calm down a little bit and be patient. They are doing what they can to try and fix it according to other threads

Jonmutley
01-10-2013, 01:21 PM
I agree, they are freeloaders if they are getting something but they aren't. We have 18 out of 24 members who are in our faction that we can't delete. I've spoken to some of these guys on the allies forum and they are keen to get started but every time they click on the faction tile the "join a faction" page comes up. They can't see anything, do anything or participate in any way. I do agree that some faction members in the "glitch" seem to refuse to reply to me on the allies forum. But, they won't last long. As soon as this problem is ironed out they will be removed from our list. I have to say, some of the messages I've read from other leaders on the faction members allies pages who are stuck in the glitch are terrible. Some of the faction leaders messages are offensive. I'm not going to put what I've read on here but safe to say these leaders need to get a grip and use the brains they were suppose to be born with. All they have to do is scroll down these individuals allies forum pages to see up to six other leaders asking for money with overlapping time lines. It doesn't take a genius! I worked it out in no time and im not with mensa.Lol can I also say, some of the names people are going under are again, in some cases offensive. So, i just raid the hell out of them! I will get off my soap box now. Lol. The mutley.

fearandrea
01-10-2013, 03:58 PM
Just got our ghosts removed! Yay!