PDA

View Full Version : I'll sit this game out until...

PIRATE JUSTICE
12-18-2012, 06:03 PM
all the hackers are booted, the pedophiles (yes, there are "pedos" playing the game) are booted, the filth mongers are booted, and until GREE has cleaned up this game.

I will stop spending any money, participating in my faction, or even playing the game.

This goes for my LLP and my HLP.

I refuse to continue to do anything, until GREE fixes this.

Otherwise, what would it mean to play the faction stuff, if hackers are allowed to compete?

Not a darn thing, except you've been had again.

You do whatever floats your boat.

My little, fake, gold armies are on strike!!!!

https://encrypted-tbn1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRU2xRnoWyfDfmPPzdXJtLseiVUrd-By4RD5DsYwdSmZdvdJnX_

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQJDFDfvrFBbCHJaKbLZ6BI5PJP4iBpi rV8vMDQKq9D2TXDM6V9

andymac106
12-18-2012, 06:07 PM
Colorful text... And you'll be waiting indefinitely then for all that to happen

jay_usher
12-18-2012, 06:10 PM
Havnt we heard all this before pj? Plus ur colour tx is very nice but nOt to all I ind it difficult with the red so can you please take it into consideration next time :)
Many thanks +

PIRATE JUSTICE
12-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Everything I have to say is posted above.

I have nothing more to say.

Believe whatever you want to believe.

Dr. Dengus
12-18-2012, 06:36 PM
According to the Mayans, all of these problems will be solved by Friday lol.

Sugarymama
12-18-2012, 06:41 PM

Lol...did you read the article of all the people trying to camp out in one of Mayan villages in Mexico? The Mayor of that village had to turn people away...too many have been travelling to it.

Dry
12-18-2012, 06:41 PM
Omfg i have dejavoo

Dry
12-18-2012, 06:42 PM
Soon ferr will join him .. Omfg ,, lmao ..
2 losers

Ericinico
12-18-2012, 06:43 PM
Gree doing their job? Speak English, man.

Sugarymama
12-18-2012, 06:44 PM
Colorful text... And you'll be waiting indefinitely then for all that to happen

Been meaning to tell you that you have the cutest avatar up here. I love it! Movie was cute too..

Hassleham
12-18-2012, 06:48 PM

Ahahaha +1

King little fruit fly
12-18-2012, 06:58 PM
Okay, peoplecott II here we go!

Dr. Dengus
12-18-2012, 07:09 PM
Lol...did you read the article of all the people trying to camp out in one of Mayan villages in Mexico? The Mayor of that village had to turn people away...too many have been travelling to it.

Haha nahh I didn't hear about that. They just went for the novelty of it, or felt they would be safer or something?

Sugarymama
12-18-2012, 07:14 PM
Haha nahh I didn't hear about that. They just went for the novelty of it, or felt they would be safer or something?

To prepare for the end of the world. People are serious, and either they think they are going to be the first to witness "the end", or somehow be protected from "the end" because they are in a Mayan village. :confused: You can Google it and read a few articles about it..

chimera69
12-18-2012, 07:19 PM
Wasn't the world supposed to end last year according to some religious nut in the US. Guy sold tshirts & everything. Think he held a 1/2 off sale when the time past uneventfully.

Dr. Dengus
12-18-2012, 07:19 PM
To prepare for the end of the world. People are serious, and either they think they are going to be the first to witness "the end", or somehow be protected from "the end" because they are in a Mayan village. :confused:

Lol. Yeah Mayans are human and, as you know, humans never make mistakes .... ;)

Sugarymama
12-18-2012, 07:36 PM
Wasn't the world supposed to end last year according to some religious nut in the US. Guy sold tshirts & everything. Think he held a 1/2 off sale when the time past uneventfully.

Yup...I even remember the day. Not the exact date, but I want to say a day in late May, because my friends and I had great Yankee tickets. Amazing seats, about 15 rows behind home plate. As we were on our way to the Bronx, I kept saying "well, if the world ends now, I hope I'm not trapped in Yankee Stadium with these crazy fans..." Lol. It actually rained that day, but cleared up right before the game started. And here we are now. World intact.

chimera69
12-18-2012, 07:38 PM
Yup...I even remember the day. Not the exact date, but I want to say a day in late May, because my friends and I had great Yankee tickets. Amazing seats, about 15 rows behind home plate. As we were on our way to the Bronx, I kept saying "well, if the world ends now, I hope I'm not trapped in Yankee Stadium with these crazy fans..." Lol. It actually rained that day, but cleared up right before the game started. And here we are now. World intact.

I'll forgive you being a Yankees fan since you're also a NY Giants fan :)

Sugarymama
12-18-2012, 07:46 PM
I'll forgive you being a Yankees fan since you're also a NY Giants fan :)

LOL...well, I'm not a true fan like that. Baseball is not a favorite sport of mine, but as a New Yorker it's hard not to root for them. My friend is a die hard fan though, and she had the tix. I love sporting events, so I couldn't pass up the invitation. Plus, the new stadium is sweet. Real fancy, with restaurants and bars all around. It's an experience. Not just hot dogs and peanuts, but lobster rolls and wine...lol.

Dr. Dengus
12-18-2012, 08:09 PM
I'd love to visit the new Yankee stadium if I ever travel to NY. They spent well over a billion , maybe 2 , on the entire project. Will be icing on the cake if the AL East is ever matched up with the NL West for interleaved play lol.

Dry
12-18-2012, 08:17 PM
Tomorrow he will open a new tread about this , or make " up coming news "

Ryans67
12-18-2012, 08:30 PM
I was talking to someone regarding the recent turn of events, who also happens to be friends with some of the hacks. I was informed of one set of individuals plan to interfere with the faction events. It was stated that they can hack/cheat and contribute cash to a faction until they are caught. At that point all of the cash stays in the faction, rinse and repeat, and soon enough you have a faction that has more cash then anyone.

Does it matter? Who knows....but what bothers me is if Gree catches a hacker, do they purge their faction contributions? I've heard no. Disheartening indeed.

PIRATE JUSTICE
12-18-2012, 08:50 PM
I was talking to someone regarding the recent turn of events, who also happens to be friends with some of the hacks. I was informed of one set of individuals plan to interfere with the faction events. It was stated that they can hack/cheat and contribute cash to a faction until they are caught. At that point all of the cash stays in the faction, rinse and repeat, and soon enough you have a faction that has more cash then anyone.

Does it matter? Who knows....but what bothers me is if Gree catches a hacker, do they purge their faction contributions? I've heard no. Disheartening indeed.

That's my point, so why play?

I refuse.

I will just sit back and do nothing.

Sugarymama
12-18-2012, 09:35 PM
I'd love to visit the new Yankee stadium if I ever travel to NY. They spent well over a billion , maybe 2 , on the entire project. Will be icing on the cake if the AL East is ever matched up with the NL West for interleaved play lol.

You would love it. It really is a nice stadium..

Dr. Dengus
12-18-2012, 09:44 PM
Ahh dumb auto correct, meant interleague play being a Giants fan. Anyway, that's enough thread derailing for one day lol.

1earEddie
12-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Ahh dumb auto correct, meant interleague play being a Giants fan. Anyway, that's enough thread derailing for one day lol.

Don't stop...let's see how many clowns we can get on one thread.

PIRATE JUSTICE
12-19-2012, 12:58 AM
I'm on me self despised time out.

I ain't been did nothing.

You can't proven nothing.

Are you perfected from mayhem?

Ahem.

Amen.

Dreno33
12-19-2012, 01:34 AM
this thread feels like a necro, for the 100th time.

Tctiger
12-19-2012, 01:44 AM
Surely gree won't let hackers win , cheer up it Christmas ! Happy Christmas !

HGF69
12-19-2012, 03:29 AM
I read all the time about cheats on here but in what way are they actually cheating? Its an app so how can you hack into it so to speak?

PIRATE JUSTICE
12-19-2012, 04:21 AM
I read all the time about cheats on here but in what way are they actually cheating? Its an app so how can you hack into it so to speak?There are many ways the hackers hack. In fact, someone just posted PROOF of a recent hacker he/she discovered. Look about you, open your eyes.

Dutchie
12-19-2012, 05:21 AM
PJ,

Unfortunately hacking is a fact of life. "If man made it, man can break it". As you rightly say, how the software company deals with it is the crux of it. How to spot a hacker is relatively easy. I assume you report these hackers to GREE as per their in-game Support Help by opening a support ticket with screenshots that show the hacking. They state 'We enforce a zero tolerance policy for cheating' so are you saying that these support tickets are simply ignored?

Zero tolerance implies that these accounts are deleted but what is stopping the hacker in creating a new account in order to exploit the same hack? Banning IP addresses is fruitless as you well know. So what else do you propose? Your posts indicate that all hackers are simply ignored and I don't believe that is the case.

Finding these hacking exploits is not easy and there are always new exploits to be found. Some exploits have already been closed off. If you search uTube you will find many exploits for GREE's games, but the majority don't work and I assume that GREE is actively looking at how some of these exploits are used in order to cheat.

One issue is that the data files are simple text or hex files that can be easily manipulated/hacked. One way to prevent this is to encrypt these files but there are two main reasons for not doing this which are cost and performance. The former will probably be the main reason as GREE would need to purchase a certifcate for each game that is downloaded and this could cost $millions. This would make it much harder to hack the game, although any determined hacker could still try to break the encryption, especially if the developers select inappropriate ciphers or weak algorithms such as MD5, SHA-1, and RC3 to encrypt data. Once the hacker has the private key, it opens Pandora's box.

The other alternative is to keep these data files on the Server rather than locally which GREE currently do. This has its own problems in itself with increased network traffic and which usually translate into performance issues. Even if the data is on the Server, it still doesn't prevent hacking, but it will certainly prevent a lot of script kiddies exploiting the game.

I don't know exactly what you are seeking from GREE. Please can you enlighten us with your experiences and your expected response from GREE.

Groetjes,
Dutchie

PIRATE JUSTICE
12-19-2012, 06:21 AM
This is very simple.

Would you bank at an online bank that didn't prevent hackers?

So, why play a game where hackers outnumber legitimate players?

Besides, it's not my place to solve Gree's problems, I could; but I'm not inclined to do so.

It's not my job to rat out hackers.

I do, ccasionally, but all I want to do is play a silly game.

By the way, I know how they do it, and even more.

I know how they get gold for nothing, too.

I know how they hack skill points.

But, I'm just a player here, not an employee.

PJ,Unfortunately hacking is a fact of life. "If man made it, man can break it". As you rightly say, how the software company deals with it is the crux of it. How to spot a hacker is relatively easy.

I assume you report these hackers to GREE as per their in-game Support Help by opening a support ticket with screenshots that show the hacking. They state 'We enforce a zero tolerance policy for cheating' so are you saying that these support tickets are simply ignored?Zero tolerance implies that these accounts are deleted but what is stopping the hacker in creating a new account in order to exploit the same hack? Banning IP addresses is fruitless as you well know. So what else do you propose? Your posts indicate that all hackers are simply ignored and I don't believe that is the case.Finding these hacking exploits is not easy and there are always new exploits to be found. Some exploits have already been closed off. If you search uTube you will find many exploits for GREE's games, but the majority don't work and I assume that GREE is actively looking at how some of these exploits are used in order to cheat.One issue is that the data files are simple text or hex files that can be easily manipulated/hacked. One way to prevent this is to encrypt these files but there are two main reasons for not doing this which are cost and performance. The former will probably be the main reason as GREE would need to purchase a certifcate for each game that is downloaded and this could cost $millions. This would make it much harder to hack the game, although any determined hacker could still try to break the encryption, especially if the developers select inappropriate ciphers or weak algorithms such as MD5, SHA-1, and RC3 to encrypt data. Once the hacker has the private key, it opens Pandora's box.The other alternative is to keep these data files on the Server rather than locally which GREE currently do. This has its own problems in itself with increased network traffic and which usually translate into performance issues. Even if the data is on the Server, it still doesn't prevent hacking, but it will certainly prevent a lot of script kiddies exploiting the game.I don't know exactly what you are seeking from GREE. Please can you enlighten us with your experiences and your expected response from GREE.Groetjes,Dutchie

Dutchie
12-19-2012, 06:47 AM
This is very simple.

Would you bank at an online bank that didn't prevent hackers?

So, why play a game where hackers outnumber legitimate players?

Besides, it's not my place to solve Gree's problems, I could; but I'm not inclined to do so.

It's not my job to rat out hackers.

I do, ccasionally, but all I want to do is play a silly game.

By the way, I know how they do it, and even more.

I know how they get gold for nothing, too.

I know how they hack skill points.

But, I'm just a player here, not an employee.

Are you telling me there isn't a bank that hasn't had an account hacked. Now that is naive! You state there are more hackers than legit players... oh puhlease! No company on this planet has enough resources to keep all the hackers at bay. Taking your example of a bank, if you see that your account has been hacked, do you expect the bank to notify you that your money was taken??? In matter of fact, you have to prove to the bank that your account was hacked and even then under certain circumstances, you still won't get your money back if you cannot prove that you didn't reveal certain details.

If you 'know' how it is done, have you notified GREE of these exploits or are you stupid enough not to say anything to them because 'it is not your job to rat out hackers' but then come on here to complain and moan to others about it. What kind of attitude is that?

Yes, you are a player and not an employee but you have invested a lot of your time AND money on this game. You know the exploits but do not wish to divulge them to GREE? So you don't want to protect your investment but instead just moan on here about it. Come on PJ, you really aren't helping yourself.

We all want a better playing experience and we can only achieve this if all the legit players help each other to root out the hackers by letting GREE know about the exploits so that they can close them. Moaning on here about it won't achieve anything.

Groetjes,
Dutchie

PIRATE JUSTICE
12-19-2012, 07:23 AM
Not only have I told Gree (and Funzio before Gree) these few things, I've told them much more.

Others have, too.

Gree gets 70% of each sale, real or fake.

Do the math.

Apple takes 30% off the top, as their rake.

Bottom line, Gree's happy, Apple pays to avoid bad publicity.

That's only about 10% of this wicked story.

But, I'm one little lamb, lost in these big, woods.

You're happy with this, great.

One lil monkey won't stop the rest of the troop from slinging monkey poo!!!!

Eat, drink, be merry, and fling that poo!!!

I ain't nothing to any of you!!!!!

Are you telling me there isn't a bank that hasn't had an account hacked. Now that is naive! You state there are more hackers than legit players... oh puhlease! No company on this planet has enough resources to keep all the hackers at bay. Taking your example of a bank, if you see that your account has been hacked, do you expect the bank to notify you that your money was taken??? In matter of fact, you have to prove to the bank that your account was hacked and even then under certain circumstances, you still won't get your money back if you cannot prove that you didn't reveal certain details.If you 'know' how it is done, have you notified GREE of these exploits or are you stupid enough not to say anything to them because 'it is not your job to rat out hackers' but then come on here to complain and moan to others about it. What kind of attitude is that?Yes, you are a player and not an employee but you have invested a lot of your time AND money on this game. You know the exploits but do not wish to divulge them to GREE? So you don't want to protect your investment but instead just moan on here about it. Come on PJ, you really aren't helping yourself.We all want a better playing experience and we can only achieve this if all the legit players help each other to root out the hackers by letting GREE know about the exploits so that they can close them. Moaning on here about it won't achieve anything.Groetjes,Dutchie

Dutchie
12-19-2012, 08:24 AM
Gree gets 70% of each sale, real or fake.

Do the math.

Apple takes 30% off the top, as their rake.

Bottom line, Gree's happy, Apple pays to avoid bad publicity.

That's only about 10% of this wicked story.

But, I'm one little lamb, lost in these big, woods.

Quite the contrary... I am not happy at all, but what you are saying though amounts to corporate fraud. I don't think Apple would be at all happy to pay to avoid bad publicity if they knew what was really going on. Also Apple's payment systems will eventually show up the difference and the longer this continues, the bigger the difference that could run into $millions.

Basically what you are saying is completely WRONG as Apple and with all other App Stores (Google, Amazon, etc.), they send out a monthly cheque to the developers based on the payments they have received though App Store and in-app purchases and not the other way round as you have hinted in your previous post.

Sauce:
http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/app-builder/app-store-fees-percentages-and-payouts-what-developers-need-to-know/1205

So App developers do not send a bill to Apple for the amount owed to them. Therefore, GREE do not make any money on fake gold, nor do Apple lose out.

It does seem that you are a little lamb, very lost in these big woods.

So your reasoning as to why GREE isn't (in your mind) doing anything about hackers is totally incorrect.

You jump to conclusions because you are getting your arse kicked by these hackers yet you state that you have provided all the information to GREE that they need to know to prevent hackers from continuing to use these exploits. If you don't even know how the Apple payment system works, how on earth do you know how the hackers exploit the game???

You know what PJ, maybe you should go to that little Mayan village in France and wait for the end of the world to arrive on Friday. See you in Hell on Friday :)

PIRATE JUSTICE
12-19-2012, 08:28 AM
Hackers aren't doing anything to me. Have you seen Ft. Dustbowl?Frankly, that's what you said. No one is doing, or can do anything to harm an all gold army. Tell you what, believe what you want to believe. You don't need to buy a vowel, you need a dictionary.
Quite the contrary... I am not happy at all, but what you are saying though amounts to corporate fraud. I don't think Apple would be at all happy to pay to avoid bad publicity if they knew what was really going on. Also Apple's payment systems will eventually show up the difference and the longer this continues, the bigger the difference that could run into $millions.Basically what you are saying is completely WRONG as Apple and with all other App Stores (Google, Amazon, etc.), they send out a monthly cheque to the developers based on the payments they have received though App Store and in-app purchases and not the other way round as you have hinted in your previous post.Sauce:http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/app-builder/app-store-fees-percentages-and-payouts-what-developers-need-to-know/1205So App developers do not send a bill to Apple for the amount owed to them. Therefore, GREE do not make any money on fake gold, nor do Apple lose out.It does seem that you are a little lamb, very lost in these big woods.So your reasoning as to why GREE isn't (in your mind) doing anything about hackers is totally incorrect.You jump to conclusions because you are getting your arse kicked by these hackers yet you state that you have provided all the information to GREE that they need to know to prevent hackers from continuing to use these exploits. If you don't even know how the Apple payment system works, how on earth do you know how the hackers exploit the game???You know what PJ, maybe you should go to that little Mayan village in France and wait for the end of the world to arrive on Friday. See you in Hell on Friday :)

Sugarymama
12-19-2012, 08:38 AM
i think that village was in france though lol

Good Morning! Yes, I read that article too, but I'm not talking about that one. (meanwhile, that France ish was stupid...the people who wanted to go to that mountain believe it's "immune" to the pending apocalypse..smh)

There are several Mayan cities that have had an influx of visitors this week....interesting and nuts at the same time.

Dutchie
12-19-2012, 08:39 AM
Hackers aren't doing anything to me. Have you seen Ft. Dustbowl?Frankly, that's what you said. No one is doing, or can do anything to harm an all gold army. Tell you what, believe what you want to believe. You don't need to buy a vowel, you need a dictionary.

The payment system is fact. The fact is, GREE are not making money out of fake gold, like you say they are. I haven't seen Ft. Dustbowl so I cannot comment. If you have an all gold army then good for you, you can't lose any troops against these hackers. English is my second language and I am a polyglot.

Forty9
12-19-2012, 08:40 AM
PJ is full of bovine excrement. Don't beleive him and don't be fooled into playing his childish games.

PIRATE JUSTICE
12-19-2012, 08:58 AM
PJ is full of bovine excrement. Don't beleive him and don't be fooled into playing his childish games.

Bovine excrement?

Interesting, and something I'm sure you're well versed about, feces.

Dutchie
12-19-2012, 09:02 AM

LOL... He is the forum prat.

Groetjes,
Dutchie

MerlinBlack
12-19-2012, 11:39 AM
If you're talking about the certificate/proxy hack, Gree doesn't get paid for that.

Lou Sir
12-19-2012, 11:44 AM
PJ , I just wonder, last time you post about your faction bank got zero out. did you get everything back or you rebuild?

PIRATE JUSTICE
12-19-2012, 11:55 AM
PJ , I just wonder, last time you post about your faction bank got zero out. did you get everything back or you rebuild?

We rebuild it, but the hackers keep stealing it.

No worries.

We are happy they keep stealing it.

It's our gift to them.

Lou Sir
12-19-2012, 12:24 PM

No worries.

It's our gift to them.

Who is capable to do that? Gee, do you know the answer to this?

negotiator
12-19-2012, 12:58 PM
There is no answer
as
There is no question

Dutchie
12-19-2012, 02:47 PM

No worries.

It's our gift to them.

Yeah right... of course you are happy. Probably another figment of your imagination. No doubt GREE is behind the whole thing... ROFL