PDA

View Full Version : No chance for new players

Ferr
12-18-2012, 05:15 PM
Once the ann. Building is gone, what new player will download this game?

Bob_55
12-18-2012, 05:20 PM
Good point Ferr, maybe a new gold building with 5M/24hours, who knows

ohgreatitsryan
12-18-2012, 05:21 PM
I'm guessing that while this building will be available for a limited time, they will most likely introduce equally high level buildings in the next update. But really, this building is even discouraging to any player with an iph under 1 million, or without the ability to spend real cash on a vault. I think that is where the biggest disparity is going to be created, and not only prevent new players from downloading, but also forcing existing players out of the game.

Ph4ntom Stranger
12-18-2012, 05:23 PM
They may download it, but once they level up and start getting pummeled by players who have them I think they'll run for the hills. Time will tell. Most lower level players can't even get these buildings without a match 5 or 6 scratcher. Let's hope some stay around to play with :)

Ferr
Good point Ferr, maybe a new gold building with 5M/24hours, who knows
Lol no, that wont help. They would still be 140 mio per day behind.....

BigD@wg
@Ferr
Can I borrow about 10 billion to upgrade mine? Lol

Ferr
12-18-2012, 05:25 PM
Rest assure, If this game gets totally unbalanced, then i loose my interest

MonkeyPuppy2012
12-18-2012, 05:56 PM
I got mine

jay_usher
12-18-2012, 05:57 PM
Huh? It isn't already?

Sugarymama
12-18-2012, 06:15 PM

You'll be reading this when you wake up from your precious sleep, but WHAT did you just say??? It's not unbalanced already?? Come on..

It must be real lonely at the top...;) You have no idea what's going on down here on Earth.

Morphlingman
12-18-2012, 06:27 PM

No ofence Ferr. I agree with sugarymama, I thought this before I even read further down. What challenge is this game for you. When's the last time you lost a battle? Or risked being over vaulted, with the worry that someone would steal your cash. Don't get me wrong, I like the game and wish I could dump more cash into it also, I don't blame u for spending. Most people that like this game would. But if you haven't lost interest from the imbalance already, I don't think more imbalance will cause your lose of interest. It will be the lack of challenge.

emcee
12-18-2012, 06:42 PM
The game was already tipped in the favor of those who spend cash or those who started earlier enough and had access to dry docks and advanced airbase from the get go. Most players don't even check the forums so ignorance is bliss.

Ericinico
12-18-2012, 06:47 PM
This game is tipped in the favor of anyone who wants to fund grees scam. There needs to be a way to turn 10 mill into 100 gold or SOMETHING so that free players have a chance.

Sugarymama
12-18-2012, 06:49 PM
This game is tipped in the favor of anyone who wants to fund grees scam. There needs to be a way to turn 10 mill into 100 gold or SOMETHING so that free players have a chance.

Yeah, there is. Click your heels three times...

Ranger4Life
12-18-2012, 06:50 PM
No ofence Ferr. I agree with sugarymama, I thought this before I even read further down. What challenge is this game for you. When's the last time you lost a battle? Or risked being over vaulted, with the worry that someone would steal your cash. Don't get me wrong, I like the game and wish I could dump more cash into it also, I don't blame u for spending. Most people that like this game would. But if you haven't lost interest from the imbalance already, I don't think more imbalance will cause your lose of interest. It will be the lack of challenge.

The stats at the top are different. The top attack is much higher than the top defense.

That being said I understand what you're trying to say though.

King little fruit fly
12-18-2012, 06:53 PM
If it is really anniversary building, it should be available for 1 year, not this limited edition type.

Dry
Join. Pj ,, .. Hahaha

BigD@wg

As I am sure You are aware, Gree doesn't want free players to have a chance. They want free players to realize they can't compete, become customers, and spend money. Everything about this game is designed to do one thing...make money.

emcee
12-18-2012, 06:57 PM

Free players really don't have a chance except for a few that have camped for a while and were able to actually buy both anniversary buildings.

Ericinico
12-18-2012, 07:02 PM
I'm a free player and just got my first.

dads
12-18-2012, 07:20 PM
Reason I post was the dry docks being brought up,the campers that have them under lvl 50 cause massive damage to folks under lvl 50 when they do hit its like being hit by 10 players in one go.

Just leveled up past 50 however i know that to stand a chance agaist the dry dock campers,well there isn't one bar real cash.

I posted about the dry docks under lvl 50 & somone at lvl 11 replied he had them legit.

Ok pps camp once in a while however the dry docks at level 11,his attack will devistare most players.
I hope he has the morals not to wipe out players,as I lnow how badly dry dock attacks where costing me at lvl 40+ let alone lvl 11

emcee
12-18-2012, 07:52 PM
Reason I post was the dry docks being brought up,the campers that have them under lvl 50 cause massive damage to folks under lvl 50 when they do hit its like being hit by 10 players in one go.

Just leveled up past 50 however i know that to stand a chance agaist the dry dock campers,well there isn't one bar real cash.

I posted about the dry docks under lvl 50 & somone at lvl 11 replied he had them legit.

Ok pps camp once in a while however the dry docks at level 11,his attack will devistare most players.
I hope he has the morals not to wipe out players,as I lnow how badly dry dock attacks where costing me at lvl 40+ let alone lvl 11
Most campers under level 50 with dry docks are not going to attack unless its once to trigger boss event.

Ranger4Life
12-18-2012, 07:53 PM

He wouldn't stay lvl11 long if he started attacking. This is Gree's attempt to keep people from reking havoc on lower levels with these units.

dads
12-18-2012, 08:14 PM
Yeah ranger I know but seriously ive been hit by 2 during the last boss event,when each one causes you to lose hardened soldiers & 2 mil worth of units it's a hefty loss for one attack.All in all I've been hit by them with dry docks about 6 times. During level 40 & 3 times at level 30 I couldn't even read the units losses on the news feed even thought its unit lodses are capped it was enough for it to be too long for the news feed to display.

You can't dismiss it's like that it's nothing when at lvl 30 it takes you 3 days to recover from that sort off attack.

Richie.
12-19-2012, 12:26 AM
If it is really anniversary building, it should be available for 1 year, not this limited edition type.

I agree with this, there is no way i can save up 92m in a few weeks and it would cost £350 to buy cash which no one in their right mind would do, im sure there are plenty of others in the same boat.

All this does is widens the massive divide that's already there from the rich and well established players... Just no way to catch up.

This should be available for a lot longer to give us poorer folk a chance.

Tctiger
12-19-2012, 01:50 AM
Don't think they are a game changer just a boost really like all the rest , I don't have one gold money building and I'm doing ok .

Ferr
12-19-2012, 03:40 AM
Dear sm and all others,

You are right. The building makes it worse. Nothing else.
Coffee please

mickymacirl
12-19-2012, 04:03 AM
Oh is the building no longer available?

Tctiger
12-19-2012, 08:23 AM
the ann buildings will make no differance in making people give up,if you don't have the ann buildings just upgrade a rig or nano another level instead when you can , if anything the big gold players will make people give up not a building . i don't have all the limited buildings in cc from past and i won't have them all from future and it has made no differance to me . if you are a free player like me you have to accept these things. if someone has 200k stats they will never be in my reach so i don't care if they have a billion iph and 1000k stats .if you bumped me off your allies it wouldn't be the level 10 ann buildings scaring me it would be your army ! respect to you for thinking of the big picture though .

Sugarymama
12-19-2012, 08:26 AM
Dear sm and all others,

You are right. The building makes it worse. Nothing else.
Coffee please

Lol...having mine right now..

albeezy
12-19-2012, 08:33 AM
If you keep spending at the rate you are how is it supposed to be balanced? I mean you bought two of them, not a big deal with your IPH and boost units, but to upgrade them to 10 and 5 in the first day...that is some gold purchased for upgrade accelerations and money purchased for upgrade costs. Its not unbalanced because of the building. It will take me forever to upgrade mine to level 2-3 because I am unlikely to buy cash to do it. I don't think that makes the game unbalanced. It makes me cheap! LOL When is your next safety inspection due? Inspector generAL BEEZY is ready to clean house again! Oh and tribunal...I mean TRY BUGLES!

DragCro
12-19-2012, 09:29 AM
Hope i win a jackpot with tickets & buy that aniversary building :),im not such a luck :P

Mad
12-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Every level has its advantages and disadvantages. I know the newer players won't have the cash flow to get the Anniversary building, but they have their own advantage, which I envy.

They have a chance to play the Boss event from level 11 and on. Man if they do it right, by the time they hit level 60, they should have a significant gold army. I started playing the Boss events at level 40, that's 30 levels where I didn't get a Boss event and I will be weaker than the newer players because of that.

Sometimes I wish I could start over again.

So there are advantages and disadvantages at every level.

Dutchie
12-19-2012, 09:35 AM
I am a new player, so what are my chances then? ;)

I am enjoying the game right now... but I am sure that one day I will move on to another game that will catch my attention.

Sugarymama
12-19-2012, 09:44 AM

I am enjoying the game right now... but I am sure that one day I will move on to another game that will catch my attention.

You may end up like some players who started off loving it, but grew bored, or saw all the flaws and quit out of frustration.

Or, you may like it enough to stay to see what the next level or event brings, but you just don't play with the same level of enthusiasm as you used to. What I do know is, you see all the complaints up here, and mostly from players who have been at it for a year or more. And where are they?? Still complaining, but still playing...lol.

Dutchie
12-19-2012, 10:08 AM
You may end up like some players who started off loving it, but grew bored, or saw all the flaws and quit out of frustration.

Or, you may like it enough to stay to see what the next level or event brings, but you just don't play with the same level of enthusiasm as you used to. What I do know is, you see all the complaints up here, and mostly from players who have been at it for a year or more. And where are they?? Still complaining, but still playing...lol.

LOL... nice one Sugar!

Thief
12-19-2012, 10:36 AM
The Addition of Two Limited Edition Buildings have very little impact to the overall game in my opinion.
Ferr does it change any of your army having the ability to make 2x as much as you were last month? I suspect with almost certainty No. It just means you have more Cash to upgrade your Cash buildings (which i suspect wasn't much of a problem to begin with)

Looking at the Cash Units you can buy they are Subpar. For a Player who collects 20 Million a day (assume 1 Million IPH+) A 100% Super Bomber Army it would cost 7,200,000,000 and take 360 days assuming no cash flow into upgrades or loss of troops. So it will take 1 year to get stats with 100k attack based on cash. Oh wait....we forgot about defense. Lets Go with AC. They cost only 5.4 Million each. Same Equation would take 540 days or roughly a year and a half. Basically it would take me 2.5 Years to build an army that wouldn't be able to even compete with any of the semi heavy hitters. Obviously the game isn't this linear but it proves my point of how useless Cash Units really are. What really needs to happen is they release Units with over 100 stats at a cost that is cheaper than the current prices in order to help "Balance" the game.

Dirty Doug
12-19-2012, 10:39 AM
As I was reading this thread, reading peoples complaints that they won't be able to save enough because they are too low level and their income isn't there yet. How it's unfair that others who have been playing longer have a chance to get this building, while they may not. I was thinking, that doesn't seem wrong. It really doesn't. This is an anniversary building. It's to celebrate this game being around for a year. It's also to celebrate the people who have been playing this game during the last year. If you just joined this game a week or month or two ago, are you really celebrating this year anniversary? You haven't put as much effort into the game as those who have been around longer.

Don't worry though, if the game survives another year, and your still plugging along, next year you may get another chance! :p

VileDoom
12-19-2012, 10:40 AM
Balance in a game that allows people to push the EASY button with the swipe of a credit card. This is a conflict of interest from the very get go.

Dutchie
12-19-2012, 10:50 AM
As I was reading this thread, reading peoples complaints that they won't be able to save enough because they are too low level and their income isn't there yet. How it's unfair that others who have been playing longer have a chance to get this building, while they may not. I was thinking, that doesn't seem wrong. It really doesn't. This is an anniversary building. It's to celebrate this game being around for a year. It's also to celebrate the people who have been playing this game during the last year. If you just joined this game a week or month or two ago, are you really celebrating this year anniversary? You haven't put as much effort into the game as those who have been around longer.

Don't worry though, if the game survives another year, and your still plugging along, next year you may get another chance! :p

I'm a new player and I agree with your post!

Sugarymama
12-19-2012, 10:51 AM

Interesting point. When an earlier thread was created discussing what the anniversary event/unit should look like, I stated that we (players) should be given a unit/prize. It would have been nice that all players who had accounts for one year to be given some sort of unit/boost/whatever. Like a "thank you for sticking with us the first year!" type prize. Of course it's not going to be some major gold unit (although I would have taken that), the gesture would have been appreciated. And, may have keep people who were on the fence about leaving stay a while longer. That's the whole point, right? To keep as many players as possible.

Lou Sir
12-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Ne1 need a slave, an arm of leg may be, Im only 98 mil short

Dirty Doug
12-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Interesting point. When an earlier thread was created discussing what the anniversary event/unit should look like, I stated that we (players) should be given a unit/prize. It would have been nice that all players who had accounts for one year to be given some sort of unit/boost/whatever. Like a "thank you for sticking with us the first year!" type prize. Of course it's not going to be some major gold unit (although I would have taken that), the gesture would have been appreciated. And, may have keep people who were on the fence about leaving stay a while longer. That's the whole point, right? To keep as many players as possible.

Your way sounds great also. A thank you prize. I like that. It doesn't have to be handed out on any certain day but rather 1 year after your game account had been created. I like the sound of that. You should submit it as a ticket.

Sugarymama
12-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Your way sounds great also. A thank you prize. I like that. It doesn't have to be handed out on any certain day but rather 1 year after your game account had been created. I like the sound of that. You should submit it as a ticket.

A ticket? For that?? ;) Please. They have bigger fish to fry, like fixing the rivals list so our allies don't show up on it, or when they are going to award the unit for the PVP event, or how they are going to successfully execute the World Domination event without totally mucking it up. They would laugh at my ticket.

I think there was a "bright idea" thread at one point. Perhaps I will try to find that and post it there.

Dirty Doug
12-19-2012, 12:13 PM
A ticket? For that?? ;) Please. They have bigger fish to fry, like fixing the rivals list so our allies don't show up on it, or when they are going to award the unit for the PVP event, or how they are going to successfully execute the World Domination event without totally mucking it up. They would laugh at my ticket.

I think there was a "bright idea" thread at one point. Perhaps I will try to find that and post it there.

LoL, guess you like sending in tickets as much as me! I've only sent 3 tickets in the 10 months or so I've been playing. But you do see people talk about sending tickets at each and every little thing.

Sugarymama
12-19-2012, 12:37 PM
LoL, guess you like sending in tickets as much as me! I've only sent 3 tickets in the 10 months or so I've been playing. But you do see people talk about sending tickets at each and every little thing.

I've sent in about 3 myself, which I don't think is a great deal. But I wouldn't use Support for a suggestion to enhance the game. I was under the impression that opening a ticket is for a technical issue or some kind. Not to beg Gree to give us a free unit...lol.

Ferr
12-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Everyone still happy?

Dutchie
12-19-2012, 05:00 PM
Everyone still happy?

Happy like a pig in 5h1t :)

Watching a program on the telly about Vlad the Impaler... nice man! LOL

ProCision
12-19-2012, 05:01 PM
TBH people that have two of these isnt really discourging, I never really thought about them having them as it will be quite some time before I even see them. By then they will be gone not playing or I will have something that will compare. I dont really play this game to battle any of you but to see how powerful I can get compared to the 8 people I play with at work. That 8 is also growing everyday as my coworkers see how much fun we are having.

Ferr
12-19-2012, 05:05 PM
TBH people that have two of these isnt really discourging, I never really thought about them having them as it will be quite some time before I even see them. By then they will be gone not playing or I will have something that will compare. I dont really play this game to battle any of you but to see how powerful I can get compared to the 8 people I play with at work. That 8 is also growing everyday as my coworkers see how much fun we are having.
So if one of you 8 colleagues would buy this building, he would be uber immediately, gets promoted and all office girls will go for him. Tbh if i were you, purchase them!

Sugarymama
12-19-2012, 05:10 PM

I just turned on the Miss Universe pageant. These poor women all look like their shoes hurt...

Ferr
12-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Ah, my date....
Too bad my site has gone forever

Dutchie
12-19-2012, 05:17 PM
I just turned on the Miss Universe pageant. These poor women all look like their shoes hurt...

Not as painful as getting impaled, trust me! The program was way too graphic!

Goodnight

Dutchie
12-19-2012, 05:18 PM
Ah, my date....
Too bad my site has gone forever

Slaap jij nooit? :)

Ferr
12-19-2012, 05:20 PM
Slaap jij nooit? :)
Jawel, op het werk ;)

Sugarymama
12-19-2012, 05:37 PM
Jawel, op het werk ;)

No fair! I don't understand...:( ;)

Ferr
12-19-2012, 05:39 PM
Well, thatvwas quite harmless, i cannassure you ;)

Kara T
12-19-2012, 05:58 PM

Don't worry Dutchie, as long as you are having fun, you are in the clear. Plus there are a lot of great people here on the forums to educate/ conspire/ entertain you. All the best!

Sugarymama
12-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Well, thatvwas quite harmless, i cannassure you ;)

Okay. I will trust you...smooches. Get some rest.:o

Chimera
12-19-2012, 07:03 PM
I've been playing a little less than a year but I should be able to purchase an Anniversary Center in another 4 days. That will leave me with no cash so a second building is not going to happen. I'll probably still be camping in another year and be at level 22 then. lol.

Sugarymama
12-19-2012, 08:20 PM
I've been playing a little less than a year but I should be able to purchase an Anniversary Center in another 4 days. That will leave me with no cash so a second building is not going to happen. I'll probably still be camping in another year and be at level 22 then. lol.

Lol...but that's okay. Low is the way to go. It gets real boring and dull at the top. Just ask some of the players at level200. It's basically a wrap for them unless Gree adds more levels, missions, etc.

MonkeyPuppy2012
12-19-2012, 08:39 PM
WOW!!

Let me help all of you.

Modern War is a business.. FREE players are leeches. ( Thats how They look at it)
They expect to generate income for their company..........

Athenica
12-19-2012, 09:28 PM
WOW!!

Let me help all of you.

Modern War is a business.. FREE players are leeches. ( Thats how They look at it)
They expect to generate income for their company..........

Ain't it all? Most f2p games mobile or not don't bother caring for their free players...

Well cept for GW2 their CS and Dev team are awesome!

Athenica
12-19-2012, 09:30 PM

and guess who won this year.... yep still the same.

Dutchie
12-19-2012, 11:34 PM

Google Translate is your friend!

As Ferr said it was harmless :)

emcee
12-20-2012, 01:17 AM

Well put.
New players also have access to scratchers and boss events. A typical boss end item is equivalent to about $160,000,000 in stats for top cash attack and defense units and those are destructible. This is no chump change even for high level players who have to spend vaults of gold to crack end boss. All this can be accomplished by a disciplined free player with zero gold spend; a feat which is impossible for most middle level players and up.

This is my first boss event at level 17 now and boss 23 with mostly free hits and just recently cash/free hits. Also less than 1/4 max alliance with lots of room for cash unit improvement. So new players don't despair.

Sugarymama
12-20-2012, 02:13 AM
Google Translate is your friend!

As Ferr said it was harmless :)

Lol...I wasn't worried it was bad. I just wanted to be able to chat along...I guess I could have looked it up though.

Ferr
12-20-2012, 07:16 AM
Sm, i would be honored to teach you dutch.

ohgreatitsryan
12-20-2012, 10:44 AM
Greatest forum pick-up line ever.

John Snow
12-20-2012, 11:31 AM

Where do you work?

Arizona
12-20-2012, 12:27 PM

Yes Vlad was a slightly deranged individual. If he tried impaling ppl along the M1 in the UK, well, that a mandatory community sentence. He would know better than to mess with 21st century British justice! Let him try that twice in a row; he'll soon learn how harsh our justice system is!
No no Vlad, your behaviour cannot be tolerated. No more spikings please!

Shinazueli
12-20-2012, 12:29 PM
Yes Vlad was a slightly deranged individual. If he tried impaling ppl along the M1 in the UK, well, that a mandatory community sentence. He would know better than to mess with 21st century British justice! Let him try that twice in a row; he'll soon learn how harsh our justice system is!
No no Vlad, your behaviour cannot be tolerated. No more spikings please!

Looks like our friends across the pond have it no better. Damn I was looking for someplace to live that treated criminals like... criminals. Oh well. I'll keep looking.

ProCision
12-20-2012, 01:33 PM
I'm not sure why Gree would take these off the game as the people that have them, have them. I guess I just dont see the point of removing them. There more of a game changer after there off the game then just leaving them there.

Where do you work?

A very large company that allows you to watch tv and get internet and telephone at your house or business.

Ferr
12-20-2012, 03:45 PM
Greatest forum pick-up line ever.
Damn, was it that obvious?

Sugarymama
12-20-2012, 04:04 PM

Really?? I love language. I would love to learn. Is it hard?

Shinazueli
12-20-2012, 04:28 PM
Really?? I love language. I would love to learn. Is it hard?

Nice response to the pick up line. Is it hard? Really? Lol.

My response. Dutch is incredibly hard. Also, it takes a long time to learn.

Sugarymama
12-20-2012, 04:32 PM
Nice response to the pick up line. Is it hard? Really? Lol.

My response. Dutch is incredibly hard. Also, it takes a long time to learn.

Lol...you naughty boy! ;)

And, I really didn't mean for it to read that way, but after I posted it, I was like "damn, that is sooooo suggestive"...lol.

Ferr
12-20-2012, 04:33 PM
(Not saying anything anymore)

Shinazueli
12-20-2012, 04:34 PM
Lol...you naughty boy! ;)

And, I really didn't mean for it to read that way, but after I posted it, I was like "damn, that is sooooo suggestive"...lol.

Mmm hmm. Sure.

So, Sugar, what's your sign, er, nation?

Sugarymama
12-20-2012, 04:43 PM
Mmm hmm. Sure.

So, Sugar, what's your sign, er, nation?

LOL...behave yourself. There could be kids on this forum! (or a lot of grownups who act like kids...;))

Shinazueli
12-20-2012, 05:13 PM
LOL...behave yourself. There could be kids on this forum! (or a lot of grownups who act like kids...;))

So? Let them watch. It'll be educational.

Sugarymama
12-20-2012, 05:34 PM
So? Let them watch. It'll be educational.

Naughty, naughty, naughty!! ;) :o

Thunder Child
12-20-2012, 06:19 PM
Best action I've seen on here in a while....

Sugarymama
12-20-2012, 06:32 PM
Best action I've seen on here in a while....

Oh, it can get much racier than this, but I'm trying not to damage my rep...lol

Thunder Child
12-20-2012, 06:34 PM
No danger of that, Sugar! Enhance, ENHANCE!

Sugarymama
12-20-2012, 06:36 PM
No danger of that, Sugar! Enhance, ENHANCE!

Another naughty boy...smh. Lol..

Shinazueli
12-20-2012, 07:07 PM
Wow I didn't realize you got around quite so much, Sugar... :)

Also, you know they spank naughty boys right? Is that an offer? Lol.

Sugarymama
12-20-2012, 07:11 PM
Wow I didn't realize you got around quite so much, Sugar... :)

Also, you know they spank naughty boys right? Is that an offer? Lol.

Lol...damn. Now I'm the forum hoe...lol.

I'm not even going to answer that question, because after I say what I REALLY want, this thread is getting locked for sure..

Shinazueli
12-20-2012, 07:14 PM
Lol...damn. Now I'm the forum hoe...lol.

I'm not even going to answer that question, because after I say what I REALLY want, this thread is getting locked for sure..

It's fine, we can just take it to PM. ^^.

Sent you the first one, lol.

ohgreatitsryan
12-20-2012, 08:22 PM
Everything happening here is the best Christmas gift ever! I'm glad I got to unwrap it early.

Chimera
12-20-2012, 09:03 PM
If it increases like the other buildings, a level 10 AC should output $60 million every 24 hours. Is that right? Is my math wrong? Anyone know? (I'm very tired).

Shinazueli
12-20-2012, 09:10 PM
Santa Ferr says yes, that's right. In another thread. About 12 hours after they were released.

Chimera
12-20-2012, 09:14 PM
Wow! Thats alot of moolah. Now I can't sleep. lol

Shinazueli
12-20-2012, 09:21 PM
See? AC's can cause insomnia, stress related heart attacks, death, incontinence, horrid disfigurement by Pirate, even irritable bowel syndrome. No wait, that last one is just people leaving feces all over the forum and calling it IBS. Silly me.

Chimera
12-20-2012, 09:37 PM
This can't be! If the building stays up until 1/4 I might be able to get another one! I've got AC on the brain. lol