PDA

View Full Version : Anniversary event prizes for 200 factions now?

Idiokus
12-17-2012, 06:53 PM
First of all congrats to factions...

It is great that this event had success. The leaders and members of my faction were very invested. We feel that this change after event occurred is not just. Event stated 50 top factions...now there are 200 factions winners this does not make the event prize very special.

The top 50 factions should be rewarded with a better stat unit...it seems unfair that just because event was a success, and yes, great to make many win but that was not what was advertised. Many in our faction invested in gold we are aware that that is a choice.

Gambit12
12-17-2012, 06:59 PM
We said Idiokus & strongly agree with you on this...

Seek & destroy
12-17-2012, 07:07 PM
It's the first event so I'd say it will change in the next one,I guess you were top 50 lol

PIRATE JUSTICE
12-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Why not the top 200,000 factions?

Sugarymama
12-17-2012, 07:15 PM

It is great that this event had success. The leaders and members of my faction were very invested. We feel that this change after event occurred is not just. Event stated 50 top factions...now there are 200 factions winners this does not make the event prize very special.

The top 50 factions should be rewarded with a better stat unit...it seems unfair that just because event was a success, and yes, great to make many win but that was not what was advertised. Many in our faction invested in gold we are aware that that is a choice.

Can't you tell that Gree is making this up as they go along?? Lol..hell, they still haven't fixed the rivals list but they want to implement all this new ish... You should prepare yourself for last minute changes/announcements along the way.,

ohgreatitsryan
12-17-2012, 07:16 PM
It seems kind of ****-tastic that this is the one time they want to try and be flexible or accommodating with any sort of prize distribution. Giving this prize to 4 times the amount of winners is kind of a slight to those of us that leveled much more than we would have, spent more physical(or in game) money and invested more time than we normally would have because we were always trying to keep our stamina bar empty and keep our faction in the top 50.

Ssne
12-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Have to agree with all of you on this. The top 10/20/50 whatever factions spent so much more time, energy, leveling, and potentially gold to have essentially everyone receive the same unit. Totally cheapens the effort.

ohgreatitsryan
12-17-2012, 07:25 PM
I'd really like to see the numbers of attacks by each faction during the event. I wonder if they just randomly chose 200 based on progress because they just messed up programming and weren't able to actually keep track of pvp or something equally retarded and Gree-like as that?

12-17-2012, 07:27 PM
People who spent gold for refills on this were ripped off! Factions with 1 member probably got this award. Gree needs to make this right. Why can't they give a better prize to the top 50, and another prize for top 2,000,000,000 or whatever they changed it to after it was already over?

BigD@wg
12-17-2012, 07:41 PM
Hmmm... I'm not even in a faction. Maybe I should check my inventory, who knows... maybe I won too :)

albeezy
12-17-2012, 07:44 PM
It's not the first time they pulled a switcharooski! But of course many of you guys didn't participate in the forum pve event a few weeks ago where top 10 was to get a special unit and top winner got another unit and then they switched the top 10 prize to a top 25 prize. It's tough but sometimes that's how it goes...

King little fruit fly
12-17-2012, 07:44 PM
Hmmm... I'm not even in a faction. Maybe I should check my inventory, who knows... maybe I won too :)

You can join the fruitti tuitti fazi, little fruit fly is so lonely there! :D

ricemstcr
12-17-2012, 07:55 PM
we made the top 50 but barely - 44th. but still an accomplishment in my book, we all raided our butts off this weekend. it would be awesome if they gave the top 50 something extra, but i cant personally complain - we barely made the top 50. maybe the faction scores were so close this made more sense?
i definitely think going forward they should tier it with a unit prize for every tier you accomplish (top 20, 50, 100 and 200) -with top 20 of course getting all 4 prizes as an example.

asdfg12345
12-17-2012, 08:06 PM
can't make everyone happy. if they only had 50 then factions who got 50-60 will cry none stop

Thunder Child
12-17-2012, 08:07 PM
Totally agree!
Shifting the goalposts during the game would be bad enough, but telling us after the game that we were actually playing on an entirely different field is even worse!
Put this right Gree - you were just starting to make headway.....

Idiokus
12-17-2012, 08:20 PM
Gree can rectify all this...give the 150 factions the unit they said they would, the event prize and top 50 get a different unit with higher stats. Not that difficult...

ohgreatitsryan
12-17-2012, 08:22 PM
Gree can rectify all this...give the 150 factions the unit they said they would, the event prize and top 50 get a different unit with higher stats. Not that difficult... Yeah, but they could also do a lot of things they don't do.

Johnny70
12-17-2012, 08:24 PM
this is just completely wrong, and depending where you are not even legal. I have spent thousands of real dollars on cc and only dabbled in MW in the past but since factions were introduced have become much more involved. when its free its just moraly wrong when money and gold bars are involved it's false advertising. yup the faction I am in finished in the top 50 and that is who was advertised to get the prize thats what we spent gold on resets for. this is beyond an epic fail, 200 factions? how many are ther not counting the ones with only a few or one person in them? this truely needs to be fixed the top fifty factions paid for everyone in the game to have this? I for one want my vaults of gold back this is blatant fruad.

Ryans67
12-17-2012, 08:26 PM
Had I know everyone that was in a faction would receive the prize, I would have latched on to a faction for the weekend.

12-18-2012, 07:35 AM
this is just completely wrong, and depending where you are not even legal. I have spent thousands of real dollars on cc and only dabbled in MW in the past but since factions were introduced have become much more involved. when its free its just moraly wrong when money and gold bars are involved it's false advertising. yup the faction I am in finished in the top 50 and that is who was advertised to get the prize thats what we spent gold on resets for. this is beyond an epic fail, 200 factions? how many are ther not counting the ones with only a few or one person in them? this truely needs to be fixed the top fifty factions paid for everyone in the game to have this? I for one want my vaults of gold back this is blatant fruad.

Absolutely Johnny👍This was a scam!

Tanner
12-18-2012, 08:00 AM

^^^^THIS^^^^

vitus79
12-18-2012, 08:02 AM
it must have to do with the fact that the splash screen never worked and they probably just wanted to avoid a thousand complainig tickets from people not using the forum. imagine they find out where that plane came from, once Gree delivers the prize.

so whats best? of course, fcuk with ur customers/ goldspenders who use the forum.
heck they even tell u in emails that you should ask the senior members here if u have any questions.

this company is driving me crazy, poor CJ, i think hes the next who leaves the sinking ship and by that day we are really screwed.

Ganja
12-18-2012, 08:12 AM
Why not the top 200,000 factions?

LOL - since you are feeling so giving... why not just give everyone the price... The heck give the unit to all players playing Gree games anyways - MW, KA, CC, MQ share the love on holiday!

aether100
12-18-2012, 08:22 AM

I strongly agree with you. its a bit unfair to the factions that communicated and organized to be in the top 50 and then basically anyone gets the prize rendering the prize useless

HGF69
12-18-2012, 08:44 AM
Trust me if Gree hadn't messed up the results table would look a lot different, some factions are lucky to be where they are and had we known prior to 5 hours near the end we'd have been higher

Mad
12-18-2012, 09:25 AM
Trust me if Gree hadn't messed up the results table would look a lot different, some factions are lucky to be where they are and had we known prior to 5 hours near the end we'd have been higher

I agree. The big majority of the factions knew nothing of the event.

I suspect this was a test run by GREE to sort out any problems before starting out the real Faction wars. The probably wanted to see how their stat compiler worked for each faction. They also discovered a big problem with the splash screen not working. The splash screen has been a chronic problem for them. For a couple of months I didn't get the splash screen for the Boss events, but they finally got it fixed and I get them now.

I am sure they were looking for other problems and issues as well.

Let's look at this as a trial run.

Idiokus
12-18-2012, 10:08 AM
I agree. The big majority of the factions knew nothing of the event.

I suspect this was a test run by GREE to sort out any problems before starting out the real Faction wars. The probably wanted to see how their stat compiler worked for each faction. They also discovered a big problem with the splash screen not working. The splash screen has been a chronic problem for them. For a couple of months I didn't get the splash screen for the Boss events, but they finally got it fixed and I get them now.

I am sure they were looking for other problems and issues as well.

Let's look at this as a trial run.

I agree with what u wrote...but Gree needs to remember we are not their beta testers!! We are their clients that spend real cash on their games. They need to make this right...the top 50 should be compensated better than!! This is straight out not fair.

Tctiger
12-18-2012, 10:28 AM
Doesn't exactly fill me with confidence for the faction events , where is this secret leader board with the results?

General Soviet
12-18-2012, 11:45 AM
I agree that top 50 should get a better unit, but I'm not saying I don't want a free air unit for my top 45.

hotshauny123
01-23-2013, 11:12 PM

What is the Average IPH of members. Shaun 190 738 711 or email bywordofmouthcatering@gmail.com

Pappy14
01-24-2013, 02:55 AM
They just need to create a new unit for top 50, not expand the winners for the top 25 unit. Since they're in the mood of giving, I'm sure all of us at VFF Lima wouldn't mind a top 500 unit! Seems like a big jump from 100-1000 when they already had less turnout than expected, and if was definitely tougher to move up once you broke 500 for a mostly non-gold faction.

mikebarth1955
01-24-2013, 03:22 AM
The reason they expanded the list, like they expanded it during the last two contests, is that they still can't count up players/faction scores correctly, so nobody was sure who was winning or where they were placing during the actual event.

And yet, we play the game in spite of all the problems. Think how awesome it would be to play MW if it really worked as advertised! Maybe it will for Greenland.

HGF69
01-24-2013, 04:13 AM
When we realised that we were almost in the top 100 we made a gold push and got ourselves into it by the skin of our teeth.

If someone was to change the przes and sayit now extend to the top 200 then some of our faction just spent a lot of real money for no real gain.

That said I still believe that we are missing 300k and 9 victories so we shouldn't have had to spend that money in the first place to get top 100.

I can see both sides of the arguement but I don't support a top 50 prize.

The prizes are what they were when we started and Gree shouldn't create other tiers just because some people now realise they might get something by being top 50. Had they changed it on day 1 then fair do's it wouldn't have had a net effect but to do it now is wrong.

Pappy14
01-24-2013, 04:30 AM
Yeah I guess I agree more with you on that one. If they want to make changes, they should make them between events. But hopefully the boards and points systems work the next go round and we won't have to worry about it. I'm sure they're trying to make it easier and better. What works better for us, works better for them.

commander Don
01-24-2013, 04:37 AM
I worked my arse off for those anniversary buildings, not sure they should be handed out, perhaps a unit would be more
suitable

HGF69
01-24-2013, 05:31 AM
Also if thats the case there's gonna be a lot of lost revenue to Gree when people complain to Apple and want refunds for unfair trading and misrepresnetation.

Fivestars02
01-24-2013, 05:49 AM
Very funny Big lol

Agent Orange
01-24-2013, 07:09 AM
Just curious but what is the legal opinion of the lawyers out there in terms of contractual obligation?