PDA

View Full Version : How did the forums help your game?

Fun
12-15-2012, 06:13 PM
I joined the forums when my stats were this look at the iph what was I thinking.
http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z452/Markzehh/bee856a4.jpg

And look now, (name changed to match forum name)
http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z452/Markzehh/9422c6eed7df29d917c29a509e765a68.jpg
big difference!
Please post how the forums helped your game it's interesting to see.

General Soviet
12-15-2012, 06:15 PM
It gave me the tactics on how to become a powerful player, like increasing vault and IPH.

BigD@wg
12-15-2012, 06:34 PM
Before I the joined forum, I had no clue what I was doing. I was around level 85 with a 300,000 IPH, 2500 allies, and 15k A/D. Now after roughly 5 months of camping, the IPH is over a million. I don't know my exact A/D as I have not been at full allies in forever. But they are drastically better.

I will never be a powerhouse in this game as I won't spend the money to do so. However, I am thankful to all the forum veterans for improving my game playing experience!

Fun
12-20-2012, 02:15 PM
Bump. Just wanna see more awesome stat changes ect

Fl@sh
12-20-2012, 02:17 PM
I started spending more and more gold...

Mad
12-20-2012, 02:36 PM
Man I can't say enough about the help I received here. I was struggling along until I found this forum. I was getting mugged by other players all the time.

Here is how the forum helped me:

1. I learned that without an economy, I was nothing. I went into a major semi-camp mode and built my IPH to $800,000 -- when my current build is done.

2. I realized that I couldn't build a strong army by adding 1,000 Rangers, even though they only cost $2,000 each they were useless. I learned how my allies and army worked and was shown what units to buy to best increase my A and D stats. I found out quality was important, as well as casualty rates. I also learned about skills and where to best put them.

3. I learned tricks on how to beat the boss. Hit him three times, wait a minute and then hit him two more times. I have used this to actually beat a couple of bosses, including the most recent one.

4. I learned about Tapjoy and got lots of advice on what to spend my gold on -- composite factory and the boss events.

5. I learned strategy in attacking and defending. The most important thing I learned was if attacked and beaten don't retaliate because you will be in the guys news feed. Take your licks and build your defense.

6. Then there are all the advance notices you get. I probably would still not know about the Anniversary building without this forum. I had all the money buildings and had no reason to check. My first one will be finished tonight. Of course, there is news on other events as well, particularly boss events as for a while I was getting no splash screens, so the forum was my only source of notice. I have learned tons of stuff about the Factions here and in turn am using this info to help my faction.

This forum changed my game. So thanks to everyone.

mikebarth1955
12-20-2012, 03:00 PM
I had been to the forum before, but just kind of glanced at it and moved on. Then in August, I triggered Level 90 and the world caved in. I had 500+ allies, 25A/25D, and IPH of 115,000. I started getting nonstop attacks from all levels, but mostly 130 and up (even got hit by two Level 200 players -- I thought everyone quit at Level 200, that's what I knew). In desperation, I posted in Self Proclaimed's Random Quickie Questions thread. He took a look at my stuff, gave me some serious advice, and turned things around for me. I was about to quit and just be another abandoned base out there, but the people on the forum have been generous to a fault with advice, tactics, strategies, and so on. I don't post so much, but when I do, I get serious, thoughtful answers, and often differing points of view, which are also helpful.

I think the forum is the greatest thing since sliced bread!

Lou Sir
12-20-2012, 03:31 PM
Before:
Attacked lvl lvl lvl lvl lvl 69 :( with 150 allies
1465+ total units
6.5kA/5.6K D
IPH 85K

with forum helps and advice
Now
155 allies lvl 72
690 Units total (yes they were KIA and honor medals awarded) Especially 34 SIGN, they went down 1st and fast . no more buy these units)
14k A/ 13.5k D
IPH 130K . campping for past 2 weeks and continue doing until qualify for faction

MaximumFun
12-20-2012, 03:32 PM
Sliced bread is nothing compared to this forum. I, for one, am offended by this remark.

/not really
//great comments
/// slashies!

MerlinBlack
12-20-2012, 03:48 PM
+1 to the notifications. As the in-game popup/notification system isn't even a distant cousin of adequate or reliable, I have to regularly check the forums to find out about events. The anniversary building would have been a tragic missed opportunity were it not for the forums.

BigBassTurd
12-20-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm a ladies man already so didn't need any help with my game! LOL
Still lurking and learning, but have read and learned a lot about the game and how it's played. Also realized all my unfixable f'ups I have done i.e. level up and not camp like 99.999999% of the rest of the people do.

Kara T
12-20-2012, 04:05 PM
In short, the Fourms helped me understand the game better and a great place to read about strategic paths to take. It is also a place to connect with other players and provides a communal feel to the game....duly noted that are communities that have their spats at times....and a few " entertaining" members...

Hassleham
12-20-2012, 04:53 PM
LOL! Your old username! Did I post on your YouTube wall yesterday?! Was I right about you having loads of vids?!

Athenica
12-20-2012, 05:25 PM
I've lurked long enough to learn how to stay under the radar....

Skyser30518
12-20-2012, 06:02 PM
I'm a ladies man already so didn't need any help with my game! LOL
Still lurking and learning, but have read and learned a lot about the game and how it's played. Also realized all my unfixable f'ups I have done i.e. level up and not camp like 99.999999% of the rest of the people do.
What level are you? I didn't start camping till level 96. IPH around $200k. Now I'm level 107. Gained 4 levels in the last week making money for my faction and getting two anniversary buildings, but my IPH is over 1mil now.
In other words, it's never too late. If you need to camp, you need to find a balance between level and ally count. I had to lower my allies and camp there for a while. Eventually you will recover.

boardgames rule
12-20-2012, 06:20 PM
Well i joined back in the spring had stats of about 1k,1k at level 28,IPH was about 80k. Now i am level 43 have 10k stats with only 50 allies! 700K IPH and just bought my 1st ann center.!!!! Whoo

Thunder Child
12-20-2012, 06:24 PM
@ Fun

It taught me to be careful posting all my numbers (screenshots) in the Forum at a time when people are ACTIVELY hunting each other for cash!

BigBassTurd
12-20-2012, 06:30 PM
What level are you? I didn't start camping till level 96. IPH around $200k. Now I'm level 107. Gained 4 levels in the last week making money for my faction and getting two anniversary buildings, but my IPH is over 1mil now.
In other words, it's never too late. If you need to camp, you need to find a balance between level and ally count. I had to lower my allies and camp there for a while. Eventually you will recover. Sent you a PM sir.

Mad
12-20-2012, 06:31 PM
@ Fun

It taught me to be careful posting all my numbers (screenshots) in the Forum at a time when people are ACTIVELY hunting each other for cash!

Best post of the thread lol. Another to add to my list.

Skyser30518
12-20-2012, 06:37 PM
That being said, when I joined the forum, I lurked and learned. Eventually I reached out and began asking questions to people that I perceived were some of the senior members. They were more than willing to assist. I would love to name all of the people, but I'm scared I would forget some (even though a lot of them don't come around very often anymore).

That being said, I didn't realize how much I had learned until I started answering questions in my faction forum and passing down the knowledge that so many had shared with me.

Once again, Thank you to all who took the time to help me.

Selfproclaimed
12-20-2012, 10:19 PM
I had been to the forum before, but just kind of glanced at it and moved on. Then in August, I triggered Level 90 and the world caved in. I had 500+ allies, 25A/25D, and IPH of 115,000. I started getting nonstop attacks from all levels, but mostly 130 and up (even got hit by two Level 200 players -- I thought everyone quit at Level 200, that's what I knew). In desperation, I posted in Self Proclaimed's Random Quickie Questions thread. He took a look at my stuff, gave me some serious advice, and turned things around for me. I was about to quit and just be another abandoned base out there, but the people on the forum have been generous to a fault with advice, tactics, strategies, and so on. I don't post so much, but when I do, I get serious, thoughtful answers, and often differing points of view, which are also helpful.

I think the forum is the greatest thing since sliced bread!

I was lvl 20 or 30 something by the time I visited forums. I ranked up quick and wondered how some rivals had the stats they had at same level. I would visit a lvl 90 ally and see they had 20k stats and at the time I thought that was great. I wasn't sure if I was able to get that high ,haha. That's how little I knew about the game before the forums. Luckily their were alot of helpful vets and I tried to learn as quickly as I could.

Fun
12-21-2012, 03:18 AM
LOL! Your old username! Did I post on your YouTube wall yesterday?! Was I right about you having loads of vids?! I did not see that lol I will have a look, it was my YouTube name, deleted all my vids btw

Fun
12-21-2012, 03:21 AM
@ Fun

It taught me to be careful posting all my numbers (screenshots) in the Forum at a time when people are ACTIVELY hunting each other for cash! suppose it could turn out bad but hey ho I gave up on that aniversary building and my base isn't special, not much to loose

Force10JC
12-21-2012, 05:37 AM
Reinforcement of how to be an effective player more than anything. I think most people can come up with techniques and strategies that work if they are interested enough but there can sometimes be a lot to know and visiting the forums can keep the things that are important for your game fresh on your mind. Aside from that the resources like the Spreadsheets and Khimsoo's Toolkit are vital aids for executing your strategy.

Yossarian
12-21-2012, 05:58 AM
I"d never played a game of this type before so was very much in the dark about tactics and how to play the game for many weeks until I stumbled on the forum. I lurked around for about six months reading posts and learning about the game from many of you, and thanks to you all for that.
I now have two games going, one high(ish) level and one low level and am able to hold my own as I prepare for shark and whale waters.
I learned the pros and cons involved in camping, when to level up, where the sharks are, how to build a proper economy and a proper army, benefits of meatshields, and, as a very light gold player, what to spend my hard earned real cash on.
I'd look forward to hearing more on how the factions work out in the future, and maybe I'll join one when I know more about them. (The forum also taught me to be cautious.)
Anyway thanks again to all of you and happy holidays.