PDA

View Full Version : Strategy for Mob Event?

murf
12-15-2012, 10:57 AM
I missed the first event so I'm trying to figure out this event. And I'm wondering if I'm missing something with this event?

You can only attack once an hour and bullets are relatively hard to come by. Yet on the leaderboard, someone has killed the Boss over 100 times (I've killed 3 thugs, lol)?!?! That means they have to spend gold on 1) timer reset 2) Full Round shot and 3) Stamina refills to loot more bullets?

Is there a trick to this thing without spending gold that I'm missing?

Dudebot121256
12-15-2012, 11:01 AM
I'm in the same boat as you. The first event of this type was apple product exclusive. I have no idea how this event works or what I'm supposed to do ^_^

sister morphine
12-15-2012, 11:08 AM
I think the best strategy is to sit back and shake your head at how much money some people are happy to spend for err, some pretty drawings and a statistical increase that will allow them to beat up the same people they beat up now just the same but might not make any difference to who else can beat them up.

Did I miss anything, except where the heck are the bullets? Did Grimly et al use all the ammo before the rest of us got a chance 😂😂

Vito Corleone
12-15-2012, 11:13 AM
So the time rank leaderboard...how does that work?

murf
12-15-2012, 11:15 AM

My guess (and it's only a guess) is how long it took them to kill the first boss...It took me almost as long to kill my first thug

vitus79
12-15-2012, 11:17 AM

timer stops after u killed the boss. he needs 10 shots.
now u start to kill thugs hourly to get on the kills board

Vito Corleone
12-15-2012, 11:52 AM
But the nr 1 has a higher time than nr 2 and so on? Isn't it the best time that should be in top?
The time starts when you first attack the boss? Or the event start?

Deluxe
12-15-2012, 12:04 PM
Im trying to figure a better way to get bullets...any ideas??

Peppers
12-15-2012, 12:09 PM
Im trying to figure a better way to get bullets...any ideas??

I hate this event - so I'm not sure why I even tried this. But...

Go to Canal Street and hit Carmen Rivera and Davis Watson over and over and over. I got 13 bullets this way with about 700 energy.

Bullets drop from maps, the paper thingies are pvp.

Steve0
12-15-2012, 12:10 PM
Im trying to figure a better way to get bullets...any ideas??Yeah, need to find out what the energy to bullet is so you can farm bullets with as little energy as you can. Right now i get a bullet 2/3 times from the shooting gallery. Some where around 114 energy each click. Also have not received any loot drops this event from jobs.

Vito Tagliano
12-15-2012, 12:20 PM
I'm on droid and I don't see any event going on right now. Are you guys on a different OS?:confused:

Daswi
12-15-2012, 12:27 PM
I'm on droid but I can't get any bullets!!!

Vito Corleone
12-15-2012, 12:32 PM
You have to do jobs for bullets.

Dudebot121256
12-15-2012, 12:34 PM
You have to do jobs for bullets.The whole event is a fail. I get notes from jobs.

Vito Tagliano
12-15-2012, 12:42 PM
I gather from the other threads that this is an ongoing Droid OS issue with Gree. :mad:

Daswi
12-15-2012, 12:43 PM
You have to do jobs for bullets.

I have completed many jobs and even went back to Canal Street with no luck.

Thanks for the reply tho'

Vito Corleone
12-15-2012, 01:25 PM
Well the drop rate is quite low on Canal Street but you only get 1 XP per job so...
Perhaps you have to do 15 or 20 jobs for 1 bullet. 9 energy per job for Carmen.

Tomatoneverdie
12-15-2012, 01:41 PM
But the nr 1 has a higher time than nr 2 and so on? Isn't it the best time that should be in top?
The time starts when you first attack the boss? Or the event start?

Look at the Time Leaderboard as a sprinting contest, the first one got there wins. So the position is fixed and the Top25 who killed the Boss within the shortest time win. This Time leaderboard is good for moderate gold spenders as long as you start the race early

Kill Leaderboard is identical to the regular leaderboard event, person with the highest kill number wins.

Vito Corleone
12-15-2012, 01:51 PM
So the time starts when you first attack the boss?

Lonestoner
12-15-2012, 01:57 PM
For all droid users: go update from the play store, make sure you're on the newest dataset, and you'll be good.

Tomatoneverdie
12-15-2012, 01:59 PM
So the time starts when you first attack the boss?

If I am correct, it started when the event started. The position and the Top25 winner list hasn't changed one bit....

Vito Corleone
12-15-2012, 02:02 PM
Since the Android players got it first today we can never get in the top25 then.:(
Does the boss work as the "normal" bosses?

Tomatoneverdie
12-15-2012, 02:12 PM
Since the Android players got it first today we can never get in the top25 then.:(
Does the boss work as the "normal" bosses?

Yeah, Android players has no chance on the Time leaderboard. But if you are big gold spenders, you still have a shot at Kill Leaderboard. The "Boss" requires 10 hits, thug and others require 1 hit. so you need a total of 40 successful hits to win the Boss prize.

Vito Corleone
12-15-2012, 02:14 PM
If the hit is not successful you have to restart?
So the boss requires 10*20=200 gold then.
And after that every thug will be counted for the KILL leaderboard?

Tomatoneverdie
12-15-2012, 04:13 PM
If the hit is not successful you have to restart?
So the boss requires 10*20=200 gold then.
And after that every thug will be counted for the KILL leaderboard?

Yup, you got it. I believe all the Top25 in the Time leaderboard used gold open/time reset and lots of energy/stamina resets. If you are a free player, forget about it....

lordsagacity
12-15-2012, 04:23 PM
Look at the Time Leaderboard as a sprinting contest, the first one got there wins. So the position is fixed and the Top25 who killed the Boss within the shortest time win. This Time leaderboard is good for moderate gold spenders as long as you start the race early

Kill Leaderboard is identical to the regular leaderboard event, person with the highest kill number wins.

Moderate spender = 20*2*(5+10+15+10) + 1000 (energy and stamina refills) = 2600 gold per event? This is insane!

lordsagacity
12-15-2012, 04:27 PM
Yup, you got it. I believe all the Top25 in the Time leaderboard used gold open/time reset and lots of energy/stamina resets. If you are a free player, forget about it....
I was planning to use remaining Thanksgiving gold for top 250 but Gree changed it into top 100... So I give up the competition. Boss reward is fine for me.

Tomatoneverdie
12-15-2012, 04:52 PM
Moderate spender = 20*2*(5+10+15+10) + 1000 (energy and stamina refills) = 2600 gold per event? This is insane!

That's my understanding, 2 vaults is nothing to a lot of gold players. people on the Kill leaderboard easily spent 6,7 vaults just to stay in the Top25. but I'm barely a gold player (2 stockpile + 1 vault on BF) so take what I said with a grain of salt.

Save your gold for Boss if you want the best return of investment....

cooch
12-15-2012, 05:17 PM

This type of event takes at least few thousand gold to get it done I think based on report from someone who did it last time. 20 gold to reset timer, 20 to guarantee a hit, repeat at least 30-35 times or up to 40 times. This is a Gree money making event.

NFI
12-15-2012, 06:11 PM
hey all,
Firstly id like to say a big HI to all on this forum, your info over the months has been invaluable...the stats, the where to find stuff, invaluable. Especially re those grubby cheats! Its been a battle to get regestered here, it seems if you have been complaining to funzio and greed over the months regarding their continued fraud then they blacklist you, who whould of thought!

I wont go into detail with all the headaches i have had with funzio and greed, suffice to say THEY DO NOT CARE ABOUT THEIR CUSTOMER BASE!!! ill share with you all this one bit.

A few weeks ago their was the jewlery box/pearl necklace event. Up untill this event i had felt their was something very wrong with how funzio/greed were conductig themselves overall. Im not a huge gold spender, however i dont mind buying the occassional package during sales. During the pearl necklace event their was also a 40% sale running so i thought heck ill spend a few bucks. So i bought 1000 gold bars, thinking that this should get me not just item number 20 but probably land in the top 250 (considering i hit top 250 once only, using 375 gold bars). So needless to say after spending 825 gold bars (couldt help myself, ended up getting the 3 box crate) i only managed 17 pearl necklaces. After shooting off an email to funzio/greed asking them a simple question and calling them frauds and what not. The question was, how much does one have to spend to get these items.......and, im still waiting for a response.

This company (greed) is openly defrauding their customers and they are also allowing their staff to cheat as much as they like. I suppose to the CC veterans its nothing new.

So for my one and only post (as i suspect ill get kicked for writting the truth) i say to all my fellow CC players.....their are much better games out their on the market and ill be doing the only thing i know will hurt greed, and thats not play their games and not give them a single razzoo again.

So to all CC players think long and hard if you want to be involved with such a fraudulant group as greed, if not, then walk away, i wont be spending my time and energy on this game again. Its of to kingdom & lords for me! (just recently got an ipad mini and this game walks all over CC)

And to Greed, hahahahah for spending 120 million on buying funzio.....you will never get your outlay back! hahahahah

peace love and respect to the CC community, its been a pleasure to fight u, rob u and cry with u!

Vito Corleone
12-16-2012, 12:12 AM
So the top100 leaderboard is valid both for TIME and KILL?
Why do we only see top25 then? Why not the one that's also in place 100?
And in my reward window the reaward for top100 is better than top25.
Perhaps just a bug.

DenZ1
12-16-2012, 12:58 PM
So the top100 leaderboard is valid both for TIME and KILL?
Why do we only see top25 then? Why not the one that's also in place 100?
And in my reward window the reaward for top100 is better than top25.
Perhaps just a bug.
Yes it is valid for both time and kills. Not showing top100 is due to a Gree lazy programming.
Yes, it is a bug. Top 100 and top 25 are reversed but that's what is advertised now.