PDA

View Full Version : Moment of Silence

Jhenry02
12-14-2012, 12:52 PM
I know I will be ostracized by the trolls for this, but...

Today, I want everyone to take 5 seconds in silence, for the children and families in Connecticut. Some people lose the grasp of reality vs fantasy. We all play a "war game" I hope that mentality doesn't leave the app and carry over into the real world.

-J

albeezy
12-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Having young ones myself I was horrified by hearing that. Moment of silence observed!

spectra
12-14-2012, 12:58 PM
Amen!!........

Great_wall2
12-14-2012, 01:00 PM
I'm heartbroken....

Ph4ntom Stranger
12-14-2012, 01:03 PM
Some pretty messed people in the world to do that to innocent children.

Amen, and observed however many times it takes to stop senseless violence.

Peppers
12-14-2012, 01:03 PM
I also have little kids and am crying.

My heart is breaking for those kids and families an the whole community.

Sugarymama
12-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Simply horrific. My heart goes out to those parents.

chimera69
12-14-2012, 01:05 PM
..... Amen.

Fl@sh
12-14-2012, 01:06 PM
Just stunned...

P.S. I will not be feeding the trolls on this one.

Ryans67
12-14-2012, 01:06 PM
We live in a screwed up world for sure......Sad day indeed.

SoccerStud
12-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Very very sad. I heard about this and now I'm just depressed. My heart goes out to all of those families

Dhotzz
12-14-2012, 01:09 PM
Amen . . . . .

War.Priest
12-14-2012, 01:13 PM
http://www.momentofsilence.org/images/mos-color.jpg

imscrewed?
12-14-2012, 01:13 PM
Amen.......

Gambit12
12-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Why what happened in Connecticut..? Sorry i don't watch news so often...

Alaska Ken
12-14-2012, 01:16 PM
Observed. Sad how someone can be so disturbed to do something like that.

War.Priest
12-14-2012, 01:18 PM
Why what happened in Connecticut..? Sorry i don't watch news so often...

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/14/shooting-reported-at-connecticut-elementary-school/?hpt=hp_t1

Lt. Falcon
12-14-2012, 01:21 PM
absolutely horrible....it's a sad day indeed!!

Desas
12-14-2012, 01:35 PM
I not so much of a speaker... my heart is with the families of the victims

jay_usher
12-14-2012, 01:47 PM
Shocking! Amen

Baraka
12-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Great idea James. Would hate to think that of my kids. Thoughts and prayers go out to them.

Poopenshire
12-14-2012, 01:54 PM
i was living not too far from the Amish school house shooting a few years ago. Its more than a shame its pittiful.

where are we going as a society.....

Fl@sh
12-14-2012, 02:04 PM
where are we going as a society.....Where our leaders of our leaders of our leaders of our leaders, lead us.
We are responsible for molding our future generations. So, it would be wise to be careful how we *****(female dog) about how crappy our younger generations are, we made them that way...

dj maj
12-14-2012, 02:05 PM
love how people react to this where as every day much worse happens in Africa and in a larger scale
most of you dont know but few years back a mad russian ****d and killed all the girls in a primary school now that really got to me, couldn't sleep well for a few nights.

dont get me wrong i am sad about what happened in Connecticut but im even sadder that everyone forgets that this happens daily in the less developed countries

Elastic Earl
12-14-2012, 02:05 PM
Observed

Tragic

Poopenshire
12-14-2012, 02:07 PM
Where our leaders of our leaders of our leaders of our leaders, lead us.
We are responsible for molding our future generations. So, it would be wise to be careful how we *****(female dog) about how crappy our younger generations are, we made them that way...

Not how I was raised nor how I raise mine. Respect cannot be preached enough. I know we blame all sorts of reason, but where are the people closest to the situation. I am tired of hearing this came out of nowhere. nothing comes out of nowhere. people just miss all the signs or just don't care.

Giedrybe
12-14-2012, 02:08 PM
I am so sad to hear this...

How many times more this will happen until some real changes in terms of gun policy in US will come?

Boss Roger
12-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Gun policy has nothing to do with it. Deranged
people do deranged things. Horrible tragedy.
My heart goes out to all touched by this event.

Fl@sh
12-14-2012, 02:21 PM
Not how I was raised nor how I raise mine. Respect cannot be preached enough. I know we blame all sorts of reason, but where are the people closest to the situation. I am tired of hearing this came out of nowhere. nothing comes out of nowhere. people just miss all the signs or just don't care.True, not how I was raised either. I would say though you notice changes about a person(physically, mentally) less when you are close to the situation. Notice how we've all put on 30 lbs(or more) since college. Someone you haven't seen in a long time will notice; someone close to home that you see everyday, not so much since physical and mental degradation are usually gradual.
Such a sad situation, I've always wondered why someone suicidal would decide to take someone else out with them. I'm happy to live in GA where I can exercise my second amendment.

Lt. Falcon
12-14-2012, 02:31 PM
where are we going as a society.....

A mall shooting in Oregon just 3 days ago, killing 3.

A knife attack in China injuring 22 students, 1 adult yesterday.

Now this? I'm saddened by these horrific events and what is worse is that each hurt or killed the children of our future!

@ Fl@sh - I live in Texas and believe me, I exercise that same freedom!!

C0720
12-14-2012, 04:01 PM
Amen ... 🌹🌹🌹

Guderian40
12-14-2012, 04:20 PM
Horrified, full solidarity to the families of our brothers in the US. A sad day for all of us.

Dry
12-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Can some one post a link to this news ?

andy_xyz2004
12-14-2012, 04:31 PM
Amen brother...

General Soviet
12-14-2012, 04:47 PM
Thanks for putting this up, man. What sick person would do such a thing.

Capt Dan DevGru
12-14-2012, 05:35 PM
This is really nice what you've done here jhenry02 and let's pray that this never happens again.

Proprioc3ption
12-14-2012, 05:55 PM
It was devastating to wake up to the news this morning to hear of this...
I'm speechless... my thoughts and prayers are with all the families involved. Vengence is the Lords!

War.Priest
12-14-2012, 05:58 PM
Can some one post a link to this news ? On the 2nd page.

Dry
12-14-2012, 06:45 PM
Omg ,, this is no good ,, **** me .
Why is this happening all the time ..
Kids for god sake ..
God bless the family's

Dry
12-14-2012, 07:03 PM
I see it on tv now live .. To bad man to bad

Xela
12-14-2012, 07:16 PM
An absolute tragedy....my thoughts and prayers are with all those families who have been shattered today.

EnjoyLife
12-14-2012, 07:26 PM
I am so sad to hear this...

How many times more this will happen until some real changes in terms of gun policy in US will come?

There are already too many gun laws on the books that aren't enforced. Guns don't kill people. Someone attacked about 22 people in a school today with a knife over in Asia. We need more knife policies.

Procyon
12-14-2012, 07:32 PM
Shocked, saddened and can't stop shaking my head. I just can't understand how the value of human life is so cheap to some.

Dry
12-14-2012, 07:36 PM
Shocked, saddened and can't stop shaking my head. I just can't understand how the value of human life is so cheap to some.
" to some "
I don't know but I think the kid was with problems

Skyser30518
12-15-2012, 12:51 AM
I can't imagine the pain the families must be facing. To think over the past few weeks they've been filled with joy and anticipation as they were shopping for their kids gifts that will now lay unopened on Christmas day. My heart and prayers go out to all the families.

LightingBlitz
12-15-2012, 03:26 AM
I know carry a heavy heart and have prayed for those families to be lifted up in a time of unthinkable tradegy.

Fivestars02
12-15-2012, 04:29 AM
It is always sad the news related to people dead but in this case being children and being close to Christmas make the event horrible... Children wait to enjoy this time and not looking to have their dream stopped. Our real life today is very sad considering that our children are always expose to this high risk.... Amen

doomnosee
12-15-2012, 04:40 AM
Truly terrible :-(

I am just glad I don't live in a society where guns are freely available. Why anyone would want to own something the sole purpose of which is to kill another person, or why anyone would want other people to own such things I simply don't understand.

negotiator
12-15-2012, 07:51 AM
My heart goes out to all the families of the victims as well as all the first responders left trying to put the pieces together. They will never be the same.

marebear
12-15-2012, 07:59 AM
My heart hurts for these families.

marebear
12-15-2012, 08:10 AM
Truly terrible :-(I am just glad I don't live in a society where guns are freely available. Why anyone would want to own something the sole purpose of which is to kill another person, or why anyone would want other people to own such things I simply don't understand.Most people do not own guns for killing people, they own them for hunting or the shooting range or protecting themselves. Guns are neither good nor bad. They are inanimate objects. They can neither commit good nor evil without someone behind them making a conscious decision.Gas chambers didn’t kill the victims of the Holocaust. Hitler and the Nazis did.Chemical weapons didn’t kill those thousands of people in Iraq. Saddam Hussein did.Already the calls for gun bans are in full effect. Why do people want to ban an inanimate object based on the evil actions of one individual?I believe I have an answer. People don’t want to believe that someone could be so evil as to calmly walk into an elementary school, kill their mother and then systematically kill a room full of children. The overwhelming majority of the population has some level of good, some level of humanity, contained within them. The people who commit these heinous crimes do not have this humanity inside. They are pure evil. They are cowards. They are monsters. People don’t want to believe monsters really exist. We’re taught as children that monsters aren’t real.As adults many people cannot handle the fact that monsters do, in fact, exist. What is even scarier is the fact that they are not hiding in caves, dark woods, or under bridges. They are walking among us. You will never know they are a true monster until it is too late.Since we can’t wrap our heads around the fact that these monsters exist, we want to shift the blame to something else. In this case, guns. If guns weren’t available surely this man would not have committed this horrible crime, right? It must be the availability of the guns that caused him to do these unspeakable things, right? WRONG. The person who committed this act, and any cowardice act of mass murder would find ways to carry out their evil mission.Just ask the guy who stabbed over 20 students at a school in China. He didn’t need guns to carry out his deranged actions. Did China call for a ban on knives? No, they called for better mental health care and better security at rural schools.New gun bans and restrictions will only take guns out of the hands of the good guys. Criminals don’t obey laws. That is the definition of a criminal, someone who breaks laws. Only law abiding citizens follow laws and own legal firearms.We will be crafting a more detailed response post early next week with some statistics showing that gun bans and laws do not stop mass killings. Let’s not forget the Norway killer who carried out a similar massacre in a country that does have an assault weapons ban.What is the answer? That’s tough. Preliminary reports sound like the gunman had mental problems. This country has a serious mental health issue and the care and identification of people needing help is embarrassing compared to the rest of the world.Securing schools and arming teachers has worked well for Israel.Whatever the solution, denying law abiding citizens an inalienable right is not it.

Minister Timothy
12-15-2012, 09:36 AM
To everything that marebear just posted. I have been telling my son, who is seven, that monsters are real and the monsters are people. that I truely am in agreement with. But as for the inanimate object aspect, this is the objection. Guns do not kill people, BULLETS do! Bullets only go where they are aimed. They hit the target. Without them a gun is a useless hunk of metal. With that said, why is it that guns cost hundreds to thousands of dollars and are only dangerous if you throw them at someone, but the projectiles that hit the targets are available on any corner for mere pennies, that even without a gun can do harm in the wrong environment. Bullets are mini explosives and should be treated as such. I am a truck driver and I have to have a hazmat endorsement to carry explosives, but any one can go into a store, buy enough ammo and get the gun powder to make their own bomb and take it where ever they want. I am not saying that we should ban bullets, but if that guy that killed those children had of been shooting bullets that cost fifty dollars each instead of 37 cents each he problably would have run out long before he got to that classroom. The world is backward right now, upside down. Not much to be found of true rightiousness in it. Funny how that word has never been corrupted or profaned, only forgotten. Until we accept that no matter what our opinions on these matters are, they have no true baring, but instead truly stink, these issues will never be resolved. I received a WORD not to long ago and it said, I AM recending MY CALL. As one person put it on my job "death happens, they cant talk about it on the radio all day". His opinion is becconning for that CALL.
Yet, I still Pray for those who were effected by this and all who must live through it.

Jhenry02
12-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Ok, my goal was not to politicize this thread.

I will say this. Think of the most deranged redneck you know. Maybe Darryl from the Walking Dead, add 85 lbs and that is me. I own more firearms than 80% of the population. I have an FFL license. Here is the fun point, I DON'T like hunting. Occasionally, I will go raccoon hunting on my farm. I am not a fan of killing an animal. I only do it as reward for the dog. I was raised that guns, inanimate objects they are, are dangerous weapons. You never point that barrel at anything you don't intend to kill.

People romanticize weapons, the NFL player that keeps an ar-15 for home defense; really?!? I own a few ar-15's, a lot of you have seen the picture. People think that because they have a firearm it instantly makes them untouchable. They don't bother taking safety and range courses. They believe Sam Colt is right when he said "God created man, I made them equal." It is an indictment of policy; I believe in the second amendment (duh) however, I am and was always for tighter gun control. I am willing to wait 30 days for a firearm, not to cool off, but for the ATF and FBI to run background checks.

In the real world, I very rarely carry a firearm, I am just as good with a knife. It is a person who is the monster. We all have that ability in us to become monsters. Imagine that your child was one of the hurt, and you were in the same room with the gunman. I defy any of you to claim you would follow the Judeo-Christian ethic. I know I wouldn't. But, this monster in Connecticut, was obviously mentally unstable. He should have been weeded out for selection (unable to exercise his 2nd amendment rights) long ago. Again, an indictment of policy. The store owner, the background check, his parents, multiple people failed. Someone, did not teach or instill in him that life, all life is precious. And to take a life is the hardest decision of all. Again, I say multiple people failed this young man, he made his choices, the wrong ones. Ones, that we all regret. Remember that, next time you want to insult someone, bring a weapon into the home, or comment on policy. There are no mitigating factors in this young mans situation, but he isn't the only one to blame.

So please think about it before you post. Whether you agree with me or not, it doesn't matter. Hundreds of lives are ruined because of this incident. Assigning blame is not the correct course of action. Only mourning.

-jason

Sugarymama
12-15-2012, 11:39 AM
I agree that this thread should be what it was created for; to pay respect and have thoughtful words for the lives that were lost. Everyone will have their own opinion regarding this tragedy to try and make sense of something that was senseless. Perhaps that should be a topic for another time when things aren't so fresh..

Archer59
12-15-2012, 03:04 PM
Sugarymama; great thread. Haven't been that sad since 9-11. Debates are for another time, although I understand the need to discuss the topic. I'm from an area close to the Clackamas shootings. Two in a week...just a shame. Not a reflection on the US; just a reflextion of how sick people can be. Prayers and thoughts to all.

Dry
12-15-2012, 07:22 PM
I am holding my face. Now , I see all the kids on tv
**** ,, 6 and 7 yrs old . Omg .this is sad , very sad ,
I have two kids also 5 and 8 yrs old both girls ,
Yes I am in Canada .but still .. It Horts .. God bless the family's .

Lou Sir
12-17-2012, 09:38 AM
I would add 1 more moment for those who (children mostly) withness this horrific screen, they will have this carring on propably the rest of their lives.