PDA

View Full Version : Best missions to farm?

fluffy402
12-13-2012, 04:54 PM
I've check the FAQ, I've searched the forum, and I've searched google and can't find anything. Is there a list anywhere of the best missions to do for high-powered units? My attack and defense stats are 5-10k lower than all of my rivals and I'm constantly getting raided.

Edit: Try to give me the best ones at all levels. I'm almost level 80 right now, but ranking up fast.

andy_xyz2004
12-13-2012, 04:59 PM
If you above lvl 100, you can farm high end loot unit,
But if below level 100, you should hide 😄

manbeast
12-13-2012, 05:03 PM
best one i've heard about is the desert leader. drops a "dirty nuke" 350/87 about 5% of the time

BigBassTurd
12-13-2012, 05:05 PM
I was wondering this also. I'm at level 101 and was on the natural gas facility farming the personal carrier for $ and the random drop, but stopped as it made me level way to quick and suffered from it.

King little fruit fly
12-13-2012, 06:30 PM
@licker_low, you should delete your post, it is post like this that Greedy'd nerfed a lot of easy farm units.

mxz
12-13-2012, 07:02 PM
@licker_low, you should delete your post, it is post like this that Greedy'd nerfed a lot of easy farm units.Gree nerfs things that were put in error and get abused. You're kidding yourself if you think CJ's going to read all these threads looking for what all the cool kids are smoking.

@OP I just ran the data for dataset mw20121211_3. Sort by [ATK|DEF|Stat] * Drop / Energy in descending for the "best"
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_xVLb7ibkZfNnE2eTRBSHhOOWc

The best may not be available or affordable. Work your way down the list to something you can manage. I usually add in a casualty factor, too. So my ranking is (ATK * Drop) / (Casualty * Energy)

King little fruit fly
12-13-2012, 07:19 PM
Gree nerfs things that were put in error and get abused. You're kidding yourself if you think CJ's going to read all these threads looking for what all the cool kids are smoking.

@OP I just ran the data for dataset mw20121211_3. Sort by [ATK|DEF|Stat] * Drop / Energy in descending for the "best"
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_xVLb7ibkZfNnE2eTRBSHhOOWc

The best may not be available or affordable. Work your way down the list to something you can manage. I usually add in a casualty factor, too. So my ranking is (ATK * Drop) / (Casualty * Energy)

I don't know about CJ, but CCMark definitely relay information to the team to nerf some farm units. Go ask around, you are not kidding yourself if you don't believe that was the case. :rolleyes:

Ericinico
12-13-2012, 07:37 PM
Farming involves good nutrient-rich soil, water, sunlight, and nothing else!

mxz
12-13-2012, 07:40 PM
I don't know about CJ, but CCMark definitely relay information to the team to nerf some farm units. Go ask around, you are not kidding yourself if you don't believe that was the case. :rolleyes:What's more likely:

(1) CCM came on the forums sporadically as his day allowed to deal with a whole bunch of garbage, trolls, and issues people were having - spending what little time in his day he had dedicated to closing threads and swinging the ban hammer to keep the lights from going out

or

(2) CCM sat on the forums all the long trying to figure out which spots people were looting. Those spots, chosen based on tables a few folks made which were adapted from data Gree created, owned and had just as much or more insight into

Fl@sh
12-13-2012, 07:56 PM
It only takes one post.

Corsair
12-14-2012, 09:07 PM
What's more likely:

(1) CCM came on the forums sporadically as his day allowed to deal with a whole bunch of garbage, trolls, and issues people were having - spending what little time in his day he had dedicated to closing threads and swinging the ban hammer to keep the lights from going out

or

(2) CCM sat on the forums all the long trying to figure out which spots people were looting. Those spots, chosen based on tables a few folks made which were adapted from data Gree created, owned and had just as much or more insight intoMost would rather ignore Occam's Razor in preference for whatever makes them feel the most miserable or paranoid.

To OP: they don't get good until you get to about 93 for aquatic explorers, and even that is pretty low...look for venal fighters too. Level 97 the brigand lightnings come in and those are nice. :)

vaporeon
12-14-2012, 09:14 PM
Is that true? I farmed him for over 10000 units and have not see the one you speak of.

manbeast
12-15-2012, 08:08 AM
just keep on hitting the desert leader!!! dirty nukes are nearly indestructible.

mxz- guess you werent around back when the loot was nerfed last time? trust me you don't want to post it on here.

mxz
12-15-2012, 08:28 AM
just keep on hitting the desert leader!!! dirty nukes are nearly indestructible.

mxz- guess you werent around back when the loot was nerfed last time? trust me you don't want to post it on here.Look at the facts. There are a lot of things that are nerfed that never get posted here.

I've explained this is CC and MQ forums - nerfings don't happen because of threads with loot locations. They happen when something is overpowered and people start focusing on it ("gang-banging", is how I classify it). This happens regardless of whether things are explicitly posted or not.

Here's an example: the indestructible common drops from the bosses - they were never posted here (for fear of quick nerfing) - but they got nerfed quickly anyway. Look, Funzio can look at their own data and see what's good. I suspect, and CCM alluded to the fact, that they do. It doesn't take someone posting their data for them to figure it out.

Also, the mod(s) who read the forum do not program the data. Two different functions. It's a little naiive to think the customer support rep is going to see a thread and decide he's going to sit down and fire up <insert their IDE of choice> to change some values in the plists.

I think Dengus is the data expert on this side, no? Feel free to ask him if you don't trust me, yet. All the data points we've seen point to: it doesn't really matter if stuff gets posted. The exception is if it's posted as "HEY EVERYONE FARM THIS"...that guarantees it will get nerfed quickly.

mxz
12-15-2012, 08:36 AM
Analogously - KA and MQ have encrypted files. To my knowledge, no one has ever (publicly) posted Funzio's raw data. Have things been nerfed there? You bet. In MQ we just had our first round of nerfings a few weeks ago. Some things were nerfed that weren't posted - and some things that were posted didn't get nerfed.

Remember that correlation does not indicate causation. Based on all the observed data, I feel comfortable concluding that there is no strong link between spreadsheets, threads on loot drops and nerfings.

manbeast
12-15-2012, 08:45 AM
didnt read past the first sentence. you're totally wrong bro.

it got posted on here. the pirates got pissed that free players were getting units as strong as gold units

demanded their money back and stopped spending money

nerf happened.

pretty simple