PDA

View Full Version : Ditching Freeloaders!

FromAfar
12-12-2012, 08:07 PM
How long do you let a freeloader ride before kicking 'em out?

and, are you leader types keeping a spreadsheet of the contributions from your team members?

tomorrow i have 5 hitting the road unless things change. and the worst part is that some of these guys look to have pretty fair stats. i do wish IPH showed.

Reznor
12-12-2012, 08:15 PM
Would have been interesting if Gree had shown the donation information of members for all to see within the Faction, kind of like a name and shame. I suppose it would've been too harsh though.

I usually post what I donate to cover my own ass (so mxz doesn't boot my ass ;))

Jhenry02
12-12-2012, 08:20 PM
My guys all have donated, and posted their proof.

If someone has donated, I won't boot em. If they are recruited and within 48 hours no comments are made. I boot em.

-j

manbeast
12-13-2012, 01:37 AM
i'm pretty sure gree is keeping track of all donations from faction members and will make it visible in our profiles soon.

we have a secure google sheet that we expect members to keep up with their own donations.. reminds me havent put mine in today.

Mcdoc
12-13-2012, 02:49 AM
Would have been interesting if Gree had shown the donation information of members for all to see within the Faction, kind of like a name and shame. I suppose it would've been too harsh though.

I usually post what I donate to cover my own ass (so mxz doesn't boot my ass ;))

I'm sure mxz has been dreaming of covering your ass - LoL - sorry - couldn't resist that one that you setup so well!

I'ts an honor system - but that why whenever I donate - I annotate "2.5 mil to round us up to $375" - then when some bozo comes in 6 minutes later and says "5 million in" and you check the pot and it hasn't moved - you can mark that guy down as BS & keep a closer eye on him/her :)

Reznor
12-13-2012, 03:08 AM
I'm sure mxz has been dreaming of covering your ass - LoL - sorry - couldn't resist that one that you setup so well!

Stop it, you're making me blush

Fl@sh
12-13-2012, 03:18 AM
I don't record any of my donations or announce them. My team can tell when I have 0 cash and am upgrading both windmills.

Dutchie
12-13-2012, 03:39 AM

I'ts an honor system - but that why whenever I donate - I annotate "2.5 mil to round us up to $375" - then when some bozo comes in 6 minutes later and says "5 million in" and you check the pot and it hasn't moved - you can mark that guy down as BS & keep a closer eye on him/her :)

When you have 30+ members it is difficult to track, but to annotate like you do is a good way of tracking. Do you donate first then post, or post first then donate? Some may do the latter.

Sugarymama
12-13-2012, 08:26 AM
As Dutchie said, it is very hard to track with so many members, and some people are constantly donating all day long. Realistically, who has time to track that in-game? Also, it can be tedious to remember to update a spreadsheet after you make a donation.

You may have to go by the honor system. In addition, think twice about letting someone in your faction just because they have great stats. They need integrity too, which is worth a whole lot more than IPH is some cases.

mxz
12-13-2012, 10:51 AM
It's not useful to classify someone as a freeloader until you've set expectations and roles within your faction.

For instance, my Camper faction has 4 main roles: earners, muscle, concrete donators, and bros from the forum that are cool enough to do a little of everything but maybe not a lot of anything tangible.

I wouldn't expect the folks recruited for concrete to contribute as much $$ as the folks with large amounts of disposable income. That's short sighted.

It also matters what their reason for joining your faction was. If they're there for a different reason as you they're more likely to be looking for greener pastures and less likely to donate. If you've got a cohesive group rallied around very specific causes they're more likely to sacrifice for the good of the team. This is one reason you shouldn't accept a random into your faction. By confirming their goals are aligned with the faction's you can ensure they are motivated to support your group. The mutually beneficial bonuses, comradery, and trust in the leader are the glue that holds any faction together.

Jhenry02
12-13-2012, 11:04 AM
It is an honor system, but use common sense like Doc said. So far my guys donate what they can when they can.
But for instance; I have a new member, we'll call him K. He was a random request to join, I accepted him, he said hey on the forums. However, he has not annotated a donation yet, and it has been about 12 hours. 36 more and my foot does the talking. And yes everyone is aware of the Charlie donation policy. I post it whenever we get a new member.

-j

dentman99
12-13-2012, 12:14 PM
I'm on the same page as many others here. Expectations can help others monitor themselves. We post each donation on the forum as they are made and EXPECT players to dump dollas and bricks daily, lots of them. We strongly encourage members to do their part, even if they are lower level, you can earn your keep. Unfortunately we will prolly have to cut a couple unless they wake up and get active. We are not good with campers unless they signed on strictly large $ donors.

Dentman99

Patriot Party

887 886 050

Ryans67
12-13-2012, 04:09 PM
Thanks for calling me out McDoc....I'm the guy that keeps yelling out $10m! Well, atleast that's my plan during the next boss event. ;) I'll be out hunting for a faction then, one with the best health regen. haha.

Dutchie
12-13-2012, 06:10 PM
It's not useful to classify someone as a freeloader until you've set expectations and roles within your faction.

For instance, my Camper faction has 4 main roles: earners, muscle, concrete donators, and bros from the forum that are cool enough to do a little of everything but maybe not a lot of anything tangible.

I wouldn't expect the folks recruited for concrete to contribute as much $$ as the folks with large amounts of disposable income. That's short sighted.

It also matters what their reason for joining your faction was. If they're there for a different reason as you they're more likely to be looking for greener pastures and less likely to donate. If you've got a cohesive group rallied around very specific causes they're more likely to sacrifice for the good of the team. This is one reason you shouldn't accept a random into your faction. By confirming their goals are aligned with the faction's you can ensure they are motivated to support your group. The mutually beneficial bonuses, comradery, and trust in the leader are the glue that holds any faction together.

Absolutely but the more members in the faction, the more difficult it becomes. Saying that, the members in our faction contribute fantastically in different ways. It is all about teamwork :)

King little fruit fly
12-13-2012, 06:37 PM
How long do you let a freeloader ride before kicking 'em out?

and, are you leader types keeping a spreadsheet of the contributions from your team members?

tomorrow i have 5 hitting the road unless things change. and the worst part is that some of these guys look to have pretty fair stats. i do wish IPH showed.

You are so practical, I really want to join your fazi! ;)

bucknut
12-13-2012, 07:25 PM
Is there any chance Gree gives us the ability to track donations in the future? Imagine a donor leader board within the faction with everyone trying to be #1

mxz
12-13-2012, 07:46 PM
Is there any chance Gree gives us the ability to track donations in the future? Imagine a donor leader board within the faction with everyone trying to be #1Tough to put together a business case for that one. Probably not. It's a "nice to have", not a "need" in most people's minds. Good suggestion, though...would have been cool!