PDA

View Full Version : Modern War One Year Anniversary!

CJ54
12-12-2012, 05:49 PM
Of the many things to be grateful for this holiday, you are at the top of our list. Modern War recently celebrated its one-year anniversary, which was made possible by players like you.

To commemorate this milestone, we want to put YOU in the game. Become a part of the action like never before with these Modern War contests:

Become an Epic Boss (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?42893-The-Next-Epic-Boss-YOU!)
Literally face the competition and get featured as our next Epic Boss! To enter, send us your mug shot, a picture of your family and friends, or whatever you want to represent your badassery to the Modern War community. Just keep it PG-13, folks.

Create an Event Reward (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?42894-Create-the-Ultimate-Event-Reward!)
Still looking for the ultimate gift? Create it and introduce a brand new Event Reward. If there’s something you’re dying to add to your stash of bonuses, show us what you’re looking for—whether it’s naughty or nice is up to you.

For both contests, simply upload a photo to the forum by next Thursday, 12/20/12, and you’ll be entered! The Modern War team will select four finalists, then players will get to vote and determine the winners. If only taking over the world was so easy…

This game may be about global domination, but we want to take a moment to wish you much happiness and peace this season! Thank you again for all your support and everything you do for Modern War—we hope you have as much fun playing it, as we do making it.

Tanner
12-12-2012, 06:01 PM
wooooooooot

CJ54
12-12-2012, 06:09 PM
One more thing: The place to post your pictures is in the correct contest thread. Here are the links:

The Next Epic Boss? YOU! (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?42893-The-Next-Epic-Boss-YOU!)

Create the Ultimate Event Reward! (http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?42894-Create-the-Ultimate-Event-Reward!)

Dr. Dengus
12-13-2012, 12:59 PM
Will there be any in-game events for the anniversary as well?

albeezy
12-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Nah, only CC gets the cool stuff. Plus that had to be a support team nightmare! But, it is in our Battle for Brazil Goals. Hope they have a popup splash screen telling people to come here to participate in the anniversary event!

Dr. Dengus
12-13-2012, 01:06 PM
Nah, only CC gets the cool stuff. Plus that had to be a support team nightmare! But, it is in our Battle for Brazil Goals. Hope they have a popup splash screen telling people to come here to participate in the anniversary event!

Yeah figured after the whole CC debacle the dev/support team wouldn't wanna go through that mess again. But like you said, would they really add the anniversary event to our Brazil goals list just for a couple forum events?

Just keep it PG-13, folks.

Don't they show partial nudity in PG-13 flicks nowadays? Not that I'm giving anyone any ideas...

CJ54
12-13-2012, 02:07 PM

Patience, man :)

albeezy
12-13-2012, 02:14 PM
Don't they show partial nudity in PG-13 flicks nowadays? Not that I'm giving anyone any ideas...
Are you referring to the first scream movie? LOL

Dr. Dengus
12-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Patience, man :)

That's encouraging CJ, thanks, just wanted an official confirmation.

Are you referring to the first scream movie? LOL

Haha, among others.

Paulio
12-13-2012, 04:38 PM
You guys should instead give out a free item like you did with the CC anniversary

King little fruit fly
12-13-2012, 09:03 PM
CJ, good work. I hope you will be hanging around for a while.
The MW forum is a better place already. Answering questions,
getting things done and even a smile! Unbelievable.

I couldn't agree more! :)

Capt Dan DevGru
12-14-2012, 09:37 AM
This sounds awesome!!!

MajikUF
12-19-2012, 04:54 PM
Got one of those anniversary buildings today. I can't wait to collect my first $2m tomorrow morning!

Ericinico
12-24-2012, 01:33 PM
MerryChristmas!

Tate
12-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Well, I for one would really like to see this ****head banned for life, and his game shut down forever. It's people like this that take away the enjoyment that we all had in the game, as well as in the forum. How do you spell Troll hacker?

LeBarticus
12-28-2012, 06:17 AM
Is it bothering anyone else that he keeps saying "glee"?

ajwarren20
12-28-2012, 01:46 PM
We are looking for serious players who are willing to donate into the faction. So far we have a 15% bonus in defense and 4 additional guild member spots. Two of the members from our group have been donating millions a day and are looking for more players like them. Please join the wet bandits if you believe you are a serious player willing to contribute. Our faction code is 969-553-276.

albeezy
01-03-2013, 11:23 AM
For both contests, simply upload a photo to the forum by next Thursday, 12/20/12, and you’ll be entered! The Modern War team will select four finalists, then players will get to vote and determine the winners. If only taking over the world was so easy…

Guess there wont be any voting then...[wipes a tear]

CJ54
01-03-2013, 11:40 AM
Unicorn was the fan favorite, but it wasn't appropriate (I should've removed it actually, but things were crazy over here).

Talking to the devs about it though.

albeezy
01-03-2013, 11:43 AM
Unicorn was the fan favorite, but it wasn't appropriate (I should've removed it actually, but things were crazy over here).

Talking to the devs about it though.

So just dont make if one of the 4 finalists...It's all good CJ. Not complaining, just thought there would be finalists for these things and then we vote for them. Just glad we get to find out what the winners are.

chimera69
01-03-2013, 11:44 AM
CJ54 -

Will the winners of the choose the boss & event reward contests actually win anything? No prize was ever specified.

albeezy
01-07-2013, 08:22 PM
CJ54 -

Will the winners of the choose the boss & event reward contests actually win anything? No prize was ever specified.

The winners were never announced either. I suspect this was slapped together last minute and with all the faction issues they have put it on the back burner. Implementing a new boost will require the engineers to review the nominations and figure out the easiest four to implement and those will be the four finalists. The boss will be a female but no player was specified as the winner which is interesting since it was supposed to be a contest where "you could be the next epic boss" not choose the gender of the next epic boss contest and there was no vote. Plus in CC they have everyone a decent loot unit for playing for a year...

Prediction: no word on four finalists for next boost until at least one week after battle for brazil which sounds like it may get pushed back again.