PDA

View Full Version : New invisible boosts

Ferr
12-11-2012, 01:08 AM
Watch you faction bonusses. Not all work properly or give wrong percentages. Deja vu.....

Giedrybe
12-11-2012, 02:20 AM
Which ones you have noticed?

Ferr
12-11-2012, 03:22 AM
Just check your percentages. Most are multiples of five so if you have say 9% somewhere its wrong

Jhoemel
12-11-2012, 03:51 AM
9% health boost ferr?

Dutchie
12-11-2012, 04:51 AM
Just check your percentages. Most are multiples of five so if you have say 9% somewhere its wrong

Maybe your calculator is broken ;)

andy_xyz2004
12-11-2012, 04:57 AM
Maybe your calculator is broken ;)

9% Health Regen is what i see on information.

Dutchie
12-11-2012, 05:05 AM
9% Health Regen is what i see on information.

So according to GREE, 5+5=9, unless one of them was a 4% boost. The next Health Regen is 5% so that makes perfect sense... not!

Anyone not done one of these boosts yet? How many % for the first Health Regen boost?

Ferr
12-11-2012, 05:34 AM
Obviously one needs to be able to understand that from a physics point of view 2 x 5 equals a bit less than 10 as during the multiplying some energy is lost.

Ph4ntom Stranger
12-11-2012, 05:39 AM
Obviously one needs to be able to understand that from a physics point of view 2 x 5 equals a bit less than 10 as during the multiplying some energy is lost.

This is very true.

Poopenshire
12-11-2012, 06:04 AM
all seem to be working well for me

Agent Orange
12-11-2012, 06:05 AM
So according to GREE, 5+5=9, unless one of them was a 4% boost. The next Health Regen is 5% so that makes perfect sense... not!

Anyone not done one of these boosts yet? How many % for the first Health Regen boost?

Your calculator is broken.

Poopenshire
12-11-2012, 06:07 AM
not all boosts were a 5% increase from what i have see thus far. but so far i have seen everything working.

Thief
12-11-2012, 07:36 AM
I believe the Boost is 10% even though the Information page shows 9%. However with the 1% change and a lage in Display it is possible it is only coming up at 9% still.

Dutchie
12-11-2012, 07:44 AM
Your calculator is broken.

My brain is broken by just thinking about the logic in GREE's programming. The algorithms involved aren't exactly rocket science but they do a good job in trying to make it so. :)

Front Runner NL
12-11-2012, 12:21 PM
Just an idea....

100 * 0,95 = 95
95 * 0,95 = 90,25
So the boost may be 9,75.

OK warning, computer science logic and slang coming...
If the coders used integers and not floating point operations, or simple forgot to Round() then this is 9%

Dutchie
12-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Given that premise, the 3rd boost is 14%, 4th is 18% and 5th is 22% by my calculations. A very plausible explanation to this coding conundrum.

Groetjes,
Dutchie

Mcdoc
12-11-2012, 01:37 PM
It's corporate math - somebody is taking a 10% cut :)

Ferr
12-11-2012, 01:52 PM
Given that premise, the 3rd boost is 14%, 4th is 18% and 5th is 22% by my calculations. A very plausible explanation to this coding conundrum.

Groetjes,
Dutchie
Not bad, not bad at all and in fact, probably true
You deserve a scholarship!!
Groetjes terug ;)

Dutchie
12-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Not bad, not bad at all and in fact, probably true
You deserve a scholarship!!
Groetjes terug ;)

Dank je wel maar the plaudits should go to Meneer Front Runner NL :)

Ferr
12-11-2012, 02:15 PM
Dank je wel maar the plaudits should go to Meneer Front Runner NL :)
What do you do in uk?

Dutchie
12-11-2012, 02:37 PM
What do you do in uk?

I work for a leading software company that develop the complete suite of business software for the telecommunications industry. I have been with the company 10 years now and I've been in the IT industry all my working life.

Dutchie
12-11-2012, 02:50 PM
What do you do in uk?

What are you doing in Amsterdam? The government and the international law courts are in Den Haag ;)

Unless of course you are an attorney in a different sector!

BigBassTurd
12-11-2012, 05:03 PM
What are you doing in Amsterdam?
I know what I would be doing if I were in Amsterdam! first a couple coffee shops and then go hit the redlight! ;)

Oh to stay on topic my bonuses seem to be working properly. Damn $50mil for the first health uprade damn it's getting brutal on the bank account.

Speed ump
12-11-2012, 05:19 PM
No, no, no. You guys got it all wrong. Who taught you math. Here's the real deal. If you started with a health whose relative value is 100 and add 5 percent, that would be 105. Then you add another 5 percent, you must figure 5 percent of 105, not 100. If you keep doing that several times, it's a noticeable difference. It does not say 10 percent total boost, it says add 5 perecnt( over any previous number) as allayed I would not expect ferr to have to remember this from that far back from his school days.as a business owner I must know how any discounts, and or volume rebate bonuses are computed, based on wording. Of course we all know grees way of interpreting these things can be much different then the rest of the world at large. Let me demonstrate for you. Bear boost details in fine print ( ok microscopic print, with an electron microscope) directions for bear boost. First, close eyes, next use imagination. If this fails use final step, get an imagination..yes, I have all the answers, just ask me.

manbeast
12-11-2012, 05:21 PM
depends which order you complete your upgrades

manbeast
12-11-2012, 05:22 PM
lol at you guys explaination at the health bonus... i know i've been trolling a lot but it seems like you guys have being serious...

health bonus is so easy to figure out. took me about 2 seconds

Ferr
12-11-2012, 06:50 PM
All totally right. Some lawyers should not be allowed to calculate unless for sending their bills.

Speed ump
12-11-2012, 06:54 PM
Ferr, do you add in the time for calculating the bill as total time spent?

Ferr
12-11-2012, 06:59 PM
Ferr, do you add in the time for calculating the bill as total time spent?
As a matter of fact i dont but i will rethink this policy. Say i want to bill zero hours. That will take me say 6 minutes to make an invoice. 6 minutes is about $40. I see no reason why i should not bill the whole day instead of writing senseless writs...

Ganja
12-11-2012, 07:01 PM
sent PM ....

Dutchie
12-11-2012, 11:20 PM
I know what I would be doing if I were in Amsterdam! first a couple coffee shops and then go hit the redlight! ;)

Oh to stay on topic my bonuses seem to be working properly. Damn $50mil for the first health uprade damn it's getting brutal on the bank account.

The Dutch government were seriously thinking of passing a law that would take affect at the start of 2013 that would only allow Dutch residents to visit coffee shops. There was a big uproar by coffee shop owners especially in places like Amsterdam and Venlo where 95% of trade is from tourists. I am not too sure if it is still going ahead. Ferr?

Certain states in the US have now decriminalised it but it goes against federal law. Let's be honest, the war against drugs is a complete failure and a rethink is required.

You would love the woman in the red light district around the Oude Kerk... LOL

Some higher ranked boosts will cost over $1 BILLION!!!!

Ferr
12-12-2012, 04:57 AM
The Dutch government were seriously thinking of passing a law that would take affect at the start of 2013 that would only allow Dutch residents to visit coffee shops. There was a big uproar by coffee shop owners especially in places like Amsterdam and Venlo where 95% of trade is from tourists. I am not too sure if it is still going ahead. Ferr?

Certain states in the US have now decriminalised it but it goes against federal law. Let's be honest, the war against drugs is a complete failure and a rethink is required.

You would love the woman in the red light district around the Oude Kerk... LOL

Some higher ranked boosts will cost over $1 BILLION!!!!
Not sure if it still is. Will check it on jan 1 lol

Dutchie
12-12-2012, 06:27 AM
Not sure if it still is. Will check it on jan 1 lol

It seems that the mayor of Amsterdam is on your side :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/02/world/europe/amsterdam-mayor-says-cannabis-coffee-shops-will-remain-open.html?_r=0

Looks like it will be a local decision rather than a blanket policy.

Back on topic... How are your upgrades going? Got many members yet in your faction? The faction I belong to, LLP Campers, is doing a great job so far and we are all working towards the common goal :)

Ferr
12-12-2012, 10:18 AM
It seems that the mayor of Amsterdam is on your side :)

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/02/world/europe/amsterdam-mayor-says-cannabis-coffee-shops-will-remain-open.html?_r=0

Looks like it will be a local decision rather than a blanket policy.

Back on topic... How are your upgrades going? Got many members yet in your faction? The faction I belong to, LLP Campers, is doing a great job so far and we are all working towards the common goal :)
Well, in what circumstances would you decide to come and have a look for yourselves? ;) . If you are above 30/40k you may want to consider it.

Dutchie
12-12-2012, 12:15 PM
Well, in what circumstances would you decide to come and have a look for yourselves? ;) . If you are above 30/40k you may want to consider it.

Nowhere near it! I only started this game ~5 weeks ago... I would be like that minuscule plankton in whaling territory =:0 LOL

Look where how why what? ;)

Only a billion a day... Pull your socks up boy, this is World Domination! :)

I do hope GREE accommodate for different player levels within factions otherwise we'll be mincemeat. Oh well, should be fun nonetheless! I will keep an eye out for your faction on the leaderboards! Best of luck!

Ferr
12-12-2012, 02:44 PM
Nowhere near it! I only started this game ~5 weeks ago... I would be like that minuscule plankton in whaling territory =:0 LOL

Look where how why what? ;)

Only a billion a day... Pull your socks up boy, this is World Domination! :)

I do hope GREE accommodate for different player levels within factions otherwise we'll be mincemeat. Oh well, should be fun nonetheless! I will keep an eye out for your faction on the leaderboards! Best of luck!
Ty fellow countryman. I have no idea how this will go, like many others. We will experience the first battle and no doubt it will be fun

BigBassTurd
12-13-2012, 09:53 AM
$1 billion dollars! Well not that surprised actually. How much does the first money bonus cost?

joshdavidson12345
12-13-2012, 11:18 AM
My brain is broken by just thinking about the logic in GREE's programming. The algorithms involved aren't exactly rocket science but they do a good job in trying to make it so. :)Effing lol bro! Love this statement.