PDA

View Full Version : Poor android players...

dajj
12-08-2012, 02:45 PM
I JUST received the new event push, Military Cases, on my android phone, and it show that the event will end in 3 days 23 hours. But! Yesterday my ipad has already received this event, but they ends in the same time... So android players have 1 day, it means 24 times of open boxes, less than the ios players.

So unfair isn't it ?

dudeman
12-08-2012, 02:46 PM
Do you have video offers for free gold?

Dudebot121256
12-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Do you have video offers for free gold?I had one earlier today. I've only had 2 since video offers were released.

Dipstik
12-08-2012, 02:47 PM
Buy an ipad.

mihunter62
12-08-2012, 03:47 PM
Buy and iPad seems to be the response, but can someone tell me how to convert my lvl 93 CC to an iPad. Cost of the ipad is not an issue, I just purchased 5 more, but I've invested 8 months into Android. Phone upgrade is in 3 weeks, I've even considered just purchasing an Android tablet to just run CC, but that suxs also.

I've also been looking at all of the files stored on the rooted device, but the actual game data is stored on their servers, with what I would guess is an MD5 hash.

Another question for any droid users that have looked at the files, did the most recent 1207 update move from using json files to plist? If so, that could mean a merge of the platforms could come down the road, or at least an export and a re-import?

Nicky the Nose
12-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Not trying to be a smart*** but why did any of you android players invest so much time in a game that basically screwed you over from the beginning. I mean more of a screwing then the iOS players got. I feel for you, but seems Funzio only wanted more money and as an afterthought decided to bend you folks over twice and Gree is following in their footsteps.

Sandukan
12-08-2012, 04:03 PM
If it takes an extra day to deploy to android how about deploying a day early?
I know android users are smarter than IOS users on average but it doesn't help us in a game of chance.
We just can't make up for a whole day.

mihunter62
12-08-2012, 04:15 PM
I guess when you start, you don't even know about the forum and all the help, I was at about lvl 50 and kept getting my a55 kicked, then found all the help, the guides, the spreadsheets (that's why I was looking at the new data set to see if I could update everything I've been using)

If anyone has a game something like CC, but from a reasonable vendor, that would be great. I've got a number of employees that I've got hooked (if you can't tell I'm not really a game player), but I'd love to move all of them after the first of the year. It's kind of a de-stress for all of them. Owning a few businesses, the writing seems to be on the wall for Gree, this comes from what I've read, sinking a good a mount of money into a few purchases, just to shut them down and profits down, as well as (per this site) layoffs. As we all know huge delays and mistakes(I'm not blaming the support staff, they can only do what they are instructed to do). This all comes from developers/marketers who don't respect their customers and focus too much on the short term prize and not the long term. As almost any business person will tell you it's about 7 time harder/costly to attract new customers than to keep current ones. With a couple of the businesses we are getting close to 10 years, with the main focus on Customer Service

Stepping off soap box :-)

Nicky the Nose
12-08-2012, 04:51 PM
@ mihunter62, if I did I wouldn't be here now. I like this game but don't like Gree or the way they treat any of us. I'll play till they close the server or till I've had enough. If they would listen to the player/forum ideas it would help but differences in culture and international laws seem to be killing what was once a cool game.

Zeman
12-08-2012, 05:47 PM
Android is so good that Apple paid Gree to limit Android users service!! ;)

Dudebot121256
12-08-2012, 05:48 PM
Buy an ipad.That's what Gree would say if you asked them about it ^_^ The fact that you need to have an apple product to enjoy this game optimally is ridiculous.

Plumbernick9
12-08-2012, 05:49 PM
@OP
Deal with it.

Dudebot121256
12-08-2012, 05:52 PM
@OP
Deal with it.I bet that if you had an android rather than an apple product, you'd be posting a different answer.

Nicky the Nose
12-08-2012, 06:20 PM
I wouldn't be playing a iOS game on an android device, come to think of it I wouldn't buy an android device.

HenryVIII
12-08-2012, 06:33 PM
Since iOS users get EVERYTHING, you could make up the last 8 months of android use in just a few weeks of iOS use. Only sort of joking.

KemoKidd
12-08-2012, 06:49 PM
Im on android and my advice is the sooner you accept the slight disadvantage that ios users get the happier you will be. It used to frustrate me but not anymore. I saw there was an event that started on ios yesterday and I knew it would come to android within a day. If you are not going for top 25/250 then you shouldnt care. Im happy if I get to 10 and if Im lucky enough to get 15 then thats a bonus.

Deluxe
12-08-2012, 07:41 PM
@OP
Deal with it.

Hey Tommy Tough Guy...missed you, idiot!

Ins0mn1ac
12-08-2012, 08:44 PM
Im on android and my advice is the sooner you accept the slight disadvantage that ios users get the happier you will be. It used to frustrate me but not anymore. I saw there was an event that started on ios yesterday and I knew it would come to android within a day. If you are not going for top 25/250 then you shouldnt care. Im happy if I get to 10 and if Im lucky enough to get 15 then thats a bonus.

This is so true, I should copy and paste this when people complain about android. All my immediate family have iPhones, iPads, etc. I have an android phone; I like tasker and having my phone rooted with CyanogenMod. Personal preference; I like iPhones and iPads as well. People need to get over it.

NTM
12-09-2012, 01:04 AM
I JUST received the new event push, Military Cases, on my android phone, and it show that the event will end in 3 days 23 hours. But! Yesterday my ipad has already received this event, but they ends in the same time... So android players have 1 day, it means 24 times of open boxes, less than the ios players.

So unfair isn't it ?

unfair ? lol... same for me ... when event started i don't look time but how many i need to reach top 25... 115 key ? i got 0, unfair u mean ? lol...

i have stop to pay that sure...

NTM
12-09-2012, 01:05 AM
If you are not going for top 25/250 then you shouldnt care. Im happy if I get to 10 and if Im lucky enough to get 15 then thats a bonus.

and when we can expect to go on top 25 ?? never.... after extra...

Bala82
12-09-2012, 04:20 AM
Well still don't have event it says updating ....

I have feeling SD card is full up i almost deleted all music files. Nothing else to delete :(.

Nicky the Nose
12-09-2012, 04:45 AM
unfair ? lol... same for me ... when event started i don't look time but how many i need to reach top 25... 115 key ? i got 0, unfair u mean ? lol...

i have stop to pay that sure...

Anyone that wants to be in the top 25 pays, matters little if your on iOS or android. And yes CC is unfair to android but its not like iOS is dropping gold bars over here. Kemokidd said it best, and thats for all that play the game

mihunter62
12-09-2012, 07:34 AM
Keep in mind that most of the ios people/devices will blow past you and not be at the lower levels for long, there's no prize for finishing first. You mostly play this game for yourself against whoever is at your level. I'm sure there may be some difference at the very top (any of you can comment), but while you are making your way there it's just slower on an Android device.
Don't get me wrong it is not fair that any company would treat paying customers this way, because money from an ios person spends just like money from an android person, but having been the product manager for very large software products, there are always ways to make things 'fair' Gree barely even tries to level the playing field. Simple answers, if the game starts late on one device, extend the time. It's obvious that if it starts late the timers must work different on ios than android, so just extend the time. If the following article is to come true, they will be looking heavily to western markets to make money for a while.

Just some useless stuff - Published 5/7/12:
Zynga may be sweating a little in light of news that Japan’s Consumer Affairs Agency is investigating the gaming industry’s sales techniques. In response to national concern about the amount of time and money some young people are spending on games, the agency is looking to target the in-game sale of digital items known as “kompu gacha.”

The lucrative business model, which is close to Zynga’s free-to-play approach, exploits players who buy a certain number of virtual items in order to win an unspecified “grand prize,” amounting to a lottery effect. According to the Daily Yomiuri, the agency began investigating after people complained about the excessive prices of such items. The agency plans to ask social gaming companies such as Gree and DeNA to stop using the sales method, with potential penalties for infringers.

News of the investigation sent Gree and DeNA share prices tumbling by more than 20 percent yesterday. Korean gaming giant Nexon, whose CEO was recently interviewed by our own Sarah Lacy, and which is a heavy hitter in Japan’s gaming market, was largely unaffected by the news, because it charges users money up front to play its games.

Zynga, which recently launched its Pokemon-like role-playing game Montopia in Japan using the gacha model, will be watching closely. Not only does this directly threaten the company’s business in Japan, but there will be at least some worry that the US federal government might one day show equal interest in the gaming sales model and how it could be linked to gaming addiction.

For DeNA and Gree, the effects are more immediate and higher stakes. DeNA last year enjoyed annual revenue of $1.4 billion, while Gree pulled in $800 million. That compares favorably to Zynga’s 2011 revenue of $1.1 billion. One Credit Suisse analyst estimates that Gree’s operating profit could drop by as much as 50 percent if the regulations come to pass, according to the Wall Street Journal. DeNA faces a loss of more than 30 percent.

This seems a significant setback in particular for Gree, which just last week agreed to acquire game developer Funzio for $200 million in a bid to extend its reach in Western markets. It may also jeopardize the company’s plans to double its US headcount over the course of this year.
--

So, Gree/Funzio you might want to pay a little closer attention to any current customer, who has shown a willingness to spend money, as your player model might just get turned upside down

Moves like purchasing OpenFeint for 368 times the companies annual revenue, then what all but looks like closing them after paying $104M, just has to make you wonder how much they really care about anyone outside of Japan, regardless of which OS they are on. Then spend $200M on Funzio, looks like they could be headed the same direction. Gree fiscal year looks to end in Jun, so a few months to see how the funzio purchase faired.
IMHO

addictedpenguin
12-09-2012, 09:06 PM
So my account is finally banned. Won't deny I may have used some profanity.

Though I have to say there isn't any logic behind there policies. Player with offensive names, etc.

Then the support folks sends me a survey to rate them?

Um... without informing what terms i violated?

They shouldn't of done this... I know where to look in Boston.

Nicky the Nose
12-09-2012, 09:28 PM
ask them to reinstate your account but block your comments, it has worked for others in the past

The Billionaire
12-09-2012, 10:44 PM
I love the whole IOS vs Android threads.

Outcome always ends up as buy an iPhone or iPad so........

Go and buy an iPhone or iPad ;)

Vito Corleone
12-10-2012, 12:13 AM
When will we see the opposite advice? Go and buy an Android...:p

Bala82
12-10-2012, 01:18 AM
Well still don't have event it says updating ....

I have feeling SD card is full up i almost deleted all music files. Nothing else to delete :(.

Still updating .................... Waiting 24 hours is normal but now it's 48 hours LOL

TZora
12-10-2012, 03:42 AM
drop ur phone from the top floor of your building. i emailed support and they told me this trick. and fortunately, that worked for me in the last box event. yeah well i had to replace a few parts but what's the big deal .. its android and is supposed to be treated like that ..

dajj
12-11-2012, 07:23 AM
I posted this thread because i think maybe GREE will see it and Maybe do some change of it...

But now i feel that is not very possible lol = =

Androids are always different ...

Bala82
12-11-2012, 07:26 AM
Well i don't mind since it provides more challenge compared to IOS players .

IOS - is like people who drive automatic transmission
Android - are people who drives manual transmission

That's the way i see it :)

TonySpaghetti
12-11-2012, 08:17 AM
I posted this thread because i think maybe GREE will see it and Maybe do some change of it...

But now i feel that is not very possible lol = =

Androids are always different ...

Even if the Community managers were still around, your efforts would have been futile, much like resistance. At least when you're being screwed by the Borg, you get some nifty accessories added to your body. Lol

The Billionaire
12-11-2012, 11:25 AM
When will we see the opposite advice? Go and buy an Android...:p

When Android becomes the best software on the market, the world might have ended by then :D

Well i don't mind since it provides more challenge compared to IOS players .

IOS - is like people who drive automatic transmission
Android - are people who drives manual transmission

That's the way i see it :)

Very true, You must have seen me driving my automatic lol

KemoKidd
12-11-2012, 05:23 PM
I read a funny post about how fast the iphone 5 was. It was described as when you attack someone the attack screen closes and opens as fast as a shutter on a camera. Really? My Android phone has been that fast since I started this game! All the "new" features on the iphone 5 are new to ios, not our world. Way to finally catch up. Didnt pass it up, just closed the gap. The iphone 5 is the third best phone currently available. Its a good phone. Just not the best. Why should apple care to make the best product? They know the sheep will follow.

By the way, it cracks me up how people make it sound like there is one android phone. There are many different android phones. Some are bad and some are great.

Cobra Shuttle
12-12-2012, 01:08 PM
I read a funny post about how fast the iphone 5 was. It was described as when you attack someone the attack screen closes and opens as fast as a shutter on a camera. Really? My Android phone has been that fast since I started this game! All the "new" features on the iphone 5 are new to ios, not our world. Way to finally catch up. Didnt pass it up, just closed the gap. The iphone 5 is the third best phone currently available. Its a good phone. Just not the best. Why should apple care to make the best product? They know the sheep will follow.

By the way, it cracks me up how people make it sound like there is one android phone. There are many different android phones. Some are bad and some are great.

My iPhone5 still runs this game twice as fast as on the S3. In fact it's faster on the iPhone4 than the S3. Don't even get me started on older than S3 androids. . .

KemoKidd
12-12-2012, 02:55 PM
My iPhone5 still runs this game twice as fast as on the S3. In fact it's faster on the iPhone4 than the S3. Don't even get me started on older than S3 androids. . .

Older than s3 androids? Huh? I dont have an s3 by the way.

Mikecore
12-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Older than s3 androids? Huh? I dont have an s3 by the way.

In my galaxy note, cc runs very smoothly...I do not have any problems at all!

KemoKidd
12-12-2012, 03:45 PM
Buy an IOS device then and stop moaning FFS

Congratulations! You are the 1,000,000 forum member to post this comment! You're lack of originality has shined through!

Comments like this just feeds the stereotype of ios users being sheep. It's like you were trained to buy any iPhone and post the same comments. Did anyone ever walk into a phone store and ask, "Which phone is best for Crime City? I don't care about call quality, data plans, speed or operating system. Just Crime City."

Ripper
12-12-2012, 04:00 PM

The game runs perfectly fine and almost never crashes on my S2.

iOS users seems to be blinded by the Apple logo and refusing to accept that even thou iPhone might have better appearance it is in fact pretty average product at the premium price.

At least Android have a choice of phones.

Oh and we got better maps...:D