PDA

View Full Version : Respect

Vballmadam
12-06-2012, 07:27 AM
It is with great respect for all of you that I let you know where I've been.

Three weeks ago my son#2 had a fire in his home while he is in Sacramento in the Highway Patrolman academy. His roommate was injured in the fire along with his kitchen. I have been busy trying to handle everything.

Last week my husband has joined the economic downfall by being layed off of his job. We will be O.K. but it presents many adjustments in our life. Needing to get health insurance being the major issue first.

My Father in law who has dementia has had 2 medical emergencies this week alone. He lives in La Crescenta Ca and we are trying to find a facility for him along with helping out his my husbands mom.

I have many commitments this month with church and other organizations I devote my time with. Christmas stockings for veteran children in our area, Gift boxes for the homeless in our community, gift bags and one on one alone time to deliver to senior citizens in rest homes on Christmas morning just to name a few!

Working with contractors and lanscape architect as we begin the final stages of our home remodel.

As you can see...this has been a very stressful, challenging time for me. This game has been a release for me and all of you...my friends...will never know how much you have helped carry me through this difficult time. I thank you with all of my heart.

As many of you can attest to...this came had become mundane. I chose to do something about it. It is true that I, as of yesterday have become a pirate. In no way has it changed my beliefs or my integrity. I still have not purchased gold but must admit I still have the itch! My ally list has not changed, other than Gree has it all messed up! My allies are also my rivals! Because of this...I will be joining the PUN faction if they will have me.

I still respect all of you and hope you will respect my decision and continue to be allies and friends!

Jhoemel
12-06-2012, 07:31 AM
Hello vballmadam. I hope everything work out the best way for u and hope you all the best. And I will be your friend whatever happens :)

Thief
12-06-2012, 07:35 AM
Sorry to hear about all the Crazy RL events Vball. As for the game...well its just a game. Nothing wrong with joining PUN as i think most of them have honor and respect. Just make sure you don't forget about the little guys in the Forum! :P

BigD@wg
12-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Thanks for sharing Vball. I am so sorry to hear of the stressful events that have and are occurring in your personal life. Hopefully things get better soon and i wish that you and yours have a wonderful holiday season.

Congratulations on becoming a Pirate and joining The Pirate Nation. For some reason, I had a feeling this was in the works for you. Good for you! :) Just go easy on the BigD@wg if I somehow pop up on your rival list. Don't pillage and plunder too much :) Cheers!

dthfrmabv
12-06-2012, 07:36 AM
Hey we don't interact with one another but I can say this

1) Hope things goes well with you and your family - hang tight and things will be fine.
2) Pirate or not - I see the forum members I meet and interact with (including you) as family. Every family regardless of how close one another is has its own clicks. Well, Pirate, Navy's, whales, etc etc what ever they are called a clicks within family - at the end no matter what bickering and in-fighting (just hopefully not in breeding) we take care of each other (lol against GrEeD).
3) Congrats on being taken under the sails of the priates (envy envy)

In times like this find yourself and your family in my prayers.

ES (Cmdr Dth)

Poopenshire
12-06-2012, 07:38 AM
I have 1 response.

Hail PUN!

Gambit12
12-06-2012, 07:40 AM
Sorry about to hear your trials & tribulations in your life Vballmadam. But in every trial & tribulations in your life God has an answer & you have a solutions in your part as well. I will include you on my prayers & specially to your family.

I respect your decision to become one of the PUN. Allies or not they are a good pirate clan for me. And they enforced the hackers & cheaters in game.

We always love you no matter what happen..!

Gambit12

Xjarhead
12-06-2012, 07:42 AM
Cheers and best of luck, New year right around the corner. Although this is a game and some use it for different reasons. I use it for reasons much like yourself. But in this game it helps to remember we are all still people although in most case faceless. In my book you are you and for that reason alone quoting the great "Woody". You have a friend in me. Cheers sister and welcome to the "salt life"

chimera69
12-06-2012, 07:54 AM
Hey, are you the first female pirate? If so, it's long, long overdue :)

Just continue to take 1 day at a time with regards to the RL stuff going on (will send you a PM later today after I'm done with work).

Vballmadam
12-06-2012, 08:05 AM
Cheers and best of luck, New year right around the corner. Although this is a game and some use it for different reasons. I use it for reasons much like yourself. But in this game it helps to remember we are all still people although in most case faceless. In my book you are you and for that reason alone quoting the great "Woody". You have a friend in me. Cheers sister and welcome to the "salt life"

Hahaha! Lol!

albeezy
12-06-2012, 08:13 AM
Hope everything in your life calms down soon and I hope your son's friend has a speedy recovery! Sad to hear you are joining PUN but I hear they could use a few players with high IPHs like yours...it is funny, I had a brief moment when you changed your name where this possibility crossed my mind...

Mcdoc
12-06-2012, 08:14 AM
Hope things settle down for you in real life :)

Good luck in your new frat house - the boys will have to be aware that "thar be a Lady on deck"

Hassleham
12-06-2012, 08:16 AM
It's amazing to hear everything you do for your community, I hope everything is sorted out soon.

Enjoy being a pirate!

mickymacirl
12-06-2012, 08:17 AM
See you on that side soon VBAL!

Baraka
12-06-2012, 08:21 AM
VB the pirate, you sure have the stats

All the best to you VB I have a family member with dementia and know how hard it is, Im sur your luck will change as your one of the nicest people I know on this forum and love your interaction. All the best.

Sugarymama
12-06-2012, 08:28 AM
Hey Vballmadam,

First, let me say that you are truly a kind person who has always shown me respect (hence the title of your thread) throughout my gaming experience on MW. In addition, you have been cool to me outside of the threads, and that only confirms that you are genuine and sincere.

My heart goes out to you and your family during this difficult time. You are brave to be able to disclose this information on the forum. I will keep you and yours in my thoughts and prayers.

What group you join is your own decision and you have that right; you are an asset wherever you land, and while you cannot change how some people act on here, you're a great rep nevertheless. You are an individual first, and no group or faction will change that.

I'm glad we are allies and can continue to chat and have fun in the game and on the forum. Take care of yourself. Speak to you soon.

Vballmadam
12-06-2012, 08:30 AM
Thank you so much everybody for your kind words. I really wasn't looking for sympathy but wanted to let you know why I haven't been around.

@ beezy. I changed my name because my bud fl@sh had changed his and I thought I'd make him laugh for achange! He always keeps others chuckling! I had no idea then that the pirates had changed their names or that I was going to be a pirate! Weird coincidence at the time.

Maybe I should change my name to Pirate Queen or hold a contest for a new name!

GIJOE
12-06-2012, 08:31 AM
hey pirate vb, yesterday some of my ally asked if u are a pirate, I told them no.. Haha!

Vballmadam
12-06-2012, 08:36 AM
In essence you were right! We weren't commisioned until last night!

For those who don't know...this is the good GiJoe!

Someone with your name is not so nice. Santa will be visiting him for different reasons!

Fl@sh
12-06-2012, 08:38 AM
Thank you so much everybody for your kind words. I really wasn't looking for sympathy but wanted to let you know why I haven't been around.

@ beezy. I changed my name because my bud fl@sh had changed his and I thought I'd make him laugh for achange! He always keeps others chuckling! I had no idea then that the pirates had changed their names or that I was going to be a pirate! Weird coincidence at the time.

Maybe I should change my name to Pirate Queen or hold a contest for a new name!Mine was by coincidence as well. My cousin an I have an inside joke about the name Panta Claus and I wanted a little change myself. I will be going back to Fl@sh at some point. I hope everything works out for you away from the game. As some of you know, my girlfriends father passed away the Sunday before Thanksgiving. It does bring life back into perspective, making you reevaluate your priorities.

Agent Orange
12-06-2012, 08:51 AM
Know how you feel Vballmadam, lost my dad just after Christmas many years ago and my mom just before a few years ago and being an only child this time of year is especially lonely for me.

Pirate Queen would be suitable after the holiday season I'd say. ;^)

BigD@wg
12-06-2012, 08:55 AM
Mine was by coincidence as well. My cousin an I have an inside joke about the name Panta Claus and I wanted a little change myself. I will be going back to Fl@sh at some point. I hope everything works out for you away from the game. As some of you know, my girlfriends father passed away the Sunday before Thanksgiving. It does bring life back into perspective, making you reevaluate your priorities.

Coincidence as well? Fl@sh you joining up too?

Ph4ntom Stranger
12-06-2012, 08:57 AM
Always much respect to the wonderful vballmadam. Thoughts and prayers are with you always.
Although this is a quote from a movie I like it. "Why do we get knocked down?... So we can get back up!" When life knocks us down, we get back up stronger than we were before. Thank you sir may I have another is my response.

Congratulations on being accepted into PUN. You will make a grand Pirate I'm sure. Hail PUN!

Fl@sh
12-06-2012, 09:32 AM
Coincidence as well? Fl@sh you joining up too?I don't play well with others...

Ferr
12-06-2012, 09:46 AM
Damn, vball you are lost for my faction ;)

spectra
12-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Vball

I hope all get resolved for you in the near future
spend time with your loved ones, there is nothing more important than that

cheers

Corsair
12-06-2012, 10:01 AM
J, best wishes to you and your family. These issues are always harder this time of year. May your travels on the high seas assist in unburdening you of your stresses, at least for a little while. :)

Dreno33
12-06-2012, 10:10 AM
Vball!!!! :( dont worry! I'm coming down on the 14th and 15th with jordyn to celebrate our little 6 months together. Can I come visit and give you a hug?? I miss you and Kevin!!

Desas
12-06-2012, 10:30 AM
Sorry to hear all the things...

Hail PUN!

Harry Tuttle
12-06-2012, 11:36 AM
My hopes and prayers are with you vball. Congratulations on your new Piratehood , will you be getting a parrot soon? :D

Long dong silver
12-06-2012, 11:37 AM
Best wishes to you and your family

Lee
323 246 624

Sugarymama
12-06-2012, 11:54 AM
Sorry to hear all the things...

Hail PUN!

Love the avatar...

azy
12-06-2012, 12:04 PM
Vball, best looking pirate yet.

PIRATE JUSTICE
12-06-2012, 12:23 PM
I've shared my feelings privately with you.
God's loving Hand is all over our life, and the lives of our loved ones.
God knows when, where, why, and how.
Whatever happens, doesn't just happen, it's by His Divine Will.
May He comfort you, yours, and all of us.
One thing I know to be true, He stands with us through it all.
Whatever He ordains for me, I thank Him, praise Him, and never question Him.
The sun that sets today, also rises tomorrow.

Vballmadam
12-06-2012, 02:08 PM
I've shared my feelings privately with you.
God's loving Hand is all over our life, and the lives of our loved ones.
God knows when, where, why, and how.
Whatever happens, doesn't just happen, it's by His Divine Will.
May He comfort you, yours, and all of us.
One thing I know to be true, He stands with us through it all.
Whatever He ordains for me, I thank Him, praise Him, and never question Him.
The sun that sets today, also rises tomorrow.

Amen.....praise be to God!

Xela
12-06-2012, 05:18 PM
Best wishes to you and your family Vball..you truly are one to be respected.
Congratulations on your admisssion to PUN..you will make an awesome Pirate.
And thankyou for your encouragemnet last week, I couldn't have got as far without you.
God Bless you Vball.

Warfiend
12-06-2012, 05:38 PM
I'm sorry to hear about your struggles. I hope the very best for you.

Ericinico
12-06-2012, 07:24 PM
Your a strong person. I wish you well.

Saint Anger
12-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Pirate Queen would be suitable after the holiday season I'd say. ;^)

Pirate Queen is excellent! Best of luck to you :)

Mad
12-06-2012, 09:00 PM
All the best. This must be so difficult. Be strong.

Lawyer
12-06-2012, 11:00 PM
I went thru this very same situation with my aunt. I believe the care facility we placed her in was in Arcadia ...I can look it up if you like.

Guderian40
12-06-2012, 11:45 PM
Vball,
Strength, Confidence in yourself, the Love of your family and Trust in God.
I wish you all the best in these difficult times.

Giedrybe
12-10-2012, 07:11 AM
Sorry to hear you have hard moment in your life, Vballmadam. I really wish everything to be allright very soon.

marebear
12-10-2012, 07:55 AM
Sorry to hear about all the struggles you have endured lately. I hope everything gets sorted out for you soon. Enjoy your adventures on the high seas my friend :D “May the wind always be on your back and the sun upon your face and may the winds of destiny carry you aloft to dance with the stars.”

Vballmadam
12-10-2012, 08:35 AM
Thank you and I love that saying!