PDA

View Full Version : Carbine change of strategy

erik41141
12-05-2012, 08:48 PM
So I got the carbine from the event and so far am loving the extra RP from robs. What I'm curious about how I keep hearing how (R) increases at a certain level. I intended to camp at 68-75 to boss farm a little but I'm thinking of breaking the leveling cap. How big is the RP difference and is it worth it p enter a harder boss bracket for the increased (R)? As of now I generally get 7-9 (R) sometimes 10 so would it make a significant difference?

the_dude
12-05-2012, 08:59 PM
I'm not aware of it changing with your level, but it does change with the building's level.

DenZ1
12-05-2012, 09:03 PM
RP is worthless anyway.. Rather sooner then later.. Farm Bosses.

the_dude
12-05-2012, 09:05 PM

Good advice

Steve0
12-05-2012, 09:06 PM
If i had the gun i would only rob level 1-7LM. 1-2xp and 7-8rp per hit. Or any loft. Rp fountain of joy.

Cricket
12-05-2012, 09:21 PM
I've also noticed Dominicans aren't bad to rob either. low exp, and not bad respect for the cash/respect rewards

and to answer your question. RP is based off building level rather than your level

Munch on it
12-05-2012, 10:14 PM
Rp only increase with your level when fighting someone not robbing

mephistophels
12-06-2012, 12:28 AM
I have the carbine also and have been doing as SteveO said. Robbing LM of all levels, I get between 7-8 R and little exp. If you want cash with the Respect and low exp try robbing T-shirt Stands. I also hit Collection Agency's pays better then LM but still low exp and good R

murf
12-06-2012, 07:07 AM

Maybe for gold spenders...not free players...RP is still worth a decent amount...I think you should wait until you reach the last maps before farming, and then farm non-consummable explosives.

RijilV
12-06-2012, 07:14 AM
Maybe for gold spenders...not free players...RP is still worth a decent amount...I think you should wait until you until the last maps before farming, and then farm non-consummable explosives.

Agree, even with light gold spending it will still take a long time before @500 mafia RP does you no good. Also farming boss' isn't worth it till the last levels anyhow, at which point there are better things to farm (TLC, Katanas, etc)

murf
12-06-2012, 07:21 AM
Agree, even with light gold spending it will still take a long time before @500 mafia RP does you no good. Also farming boss' isn't worth it till the last levels anyhow, at which point there are better things to farm (TLC, Katanas, etc)

Exactly...

I haven't spent gold on weapons (only buildings) and I still have about 500,000 of RP to earn to max out my 500 mafia. I've been at level 200 for awhile. And I'm replacing M4-A1s and Double Decker's....those who didn't have the opportunity to farm those, will be replacing even weaker items.

erik41141
12-06-2012, 07:38 AM
Ahh was entirely unaware of RP scaling with building, thanks for the sound advice will be sticking with my bracket until I eveuntially break it. Beware 50-75 I'm out to rob!

Ill be faming up NVG, chain whips, and yamahas so I can max out my 500 mafia, hopefully before I break 75.

Concerning the bosses, I can get to 15 w/o gold at this point so I actually gain a lot of quality items regardless if they are common. Get some nice rares occasionally as well.

Kissnight
12-06-2012, 07:58 AM
Rob every 1xp building is ur optimal choice.
Not loft, nor magic playhouse.

For eg.
Here 4xp action choices
A. Rob LM 4 times = 4rp + 4*6rp = 30 rp
B. Rob loft 1 time = 14rp + 6rp = 20 rp
Assume u r not wanna level up to fast.

BTW The only reason I do rob is I think it is of great fun.

Sandukan
12-06-2012, 08:06 AM
Ahh was entirely unaware of RP scaling with building, thanks for the sound advice will be sticking with my bracket until I eveuntially break it. Beware 50-75 I'm out to rob!

Ill be faming up NVG, chain whips, and yamahas so I can max out my 500 mafia, hopefully before I break 75.

Concerning the bosses, I can get to 15 w/o gold at this point so I actually gain a lot of quality items regardless if they are common. Get some nice rares occasionally as well.

NVG and Yamahas are not worth it to me.
NVG used to be a good buy.

murf
12-06-2012, 11:31 AM

Think longer term when you are spending RP, unless you absolutely need help now...On my L200 account, I bought/earned 416 NVG's, I now use 0 for defense and only about 150 for attack. I don't use any Yamahas any more either. Wasted RP.

With my camper account I'm saving my RP to buy RPG's and Exceleros, then CWs and Full Combat Gear. The reason is at the higher level you can farm items that have better stats then CWs and FCG, not true for RPG or Exceleros (at least right now).

Also, with scratchers and event items, they seem to drop more high-end melee and armor then guns and cars. My current count of items equal to top-tier or better is:

Guns: 49
Armor: 68
Melee: 62
Cars: 40

That's all earned through scratchers and events and I'm level 59. So unless things change (which they always do in CC) I'm sticking with the above strategy.

gunny22
12-06-2012, 03:17 PM
farm non-consummable explosives.
Where can I get non-consumable explosives (without gold)?

murf
12-06-2012, 08:22 PM
Where can I get non-consumable explosives (without gold)?

http://www.funzio.com/forum/showthread.php?42331-High-end-loot-farming&p=502851#post502851

dudeman
12-06-2012, 08:42 PM
RP becomes useless eventually, but you'll never earn enough of it to help you in any significant way against higher tier bosses. If you do well with the bosses now, stick with that because it doesn't get better.

FYI, with light gold spending, efficient stamina use, and wise RP investment, it won't even take a year to render RP obsolete. Unless someone at Gree recently pulled their head out ... for some fresh air and realized that a stronger tier of RP items is greatly overdue.

murf
12-06-2012, 09:03 PM
RP becomes useless eventually, but you'll never earn enough of it to help you in any significant way against higher tier bosses. If you do well with the bosses now, stick with that because it doesn't get better.

FYI, with light gold spending, efficient stamina use, and wise RP investment, it won't even take a year to render RP obsolete. Unless someone at Gree recently pulled their head out ... for some fresh air and realized that a stronger tier of RP items is greatly overdue.

Maybe with the new events you are right. But I've been playing for about a year. I have 115,000 fights won and 41,000 robberies. So, let's say I've been playing a year. That's 427 attacks/robs per day. That means I've been extremely active. And I'm still 500,000 RP away from maxing out my RP weapons.

You need to earn 1,875,000 RP to buy all top tier RP items. In one year that's 5,000 RP earned a day. With scrathers and boss events, you probably will still need to buy 350 of each item. That's 1,312,500 RP. If you earn 2,500 / day (that's 400 attack/robs averaging ~ 6 RP), that's still 525 days.

Saying that RP will become obsolete sooner rather than later is an extreme exaggeration and usually made by someone who is underestimating how many crates they have bought.